PDA

View Full Version : What will the Heat and their fans excuses be when they fail in 2011-12-13-14..?

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
08-05-2010, 11:32 AM
I don't think I ever saw a team and their cocky fan base promise more than this current Heat team. The league is already prepared to beat them, and will continue to keep them from taking over. Boston pretty much punched their finals ticket in 2011 with their frontline additions of the Irish bigmen. Carmelo will head to the Knicks the following year. In the west, Lakers, Spurs, and even the Mavs will give it their all, time is running out on Kobe, Tim, and Dirk. All 3 could win a title in the next few years. The Thunder and Blazers will rise.

Bookmark the thread and bump it when Miami gets beat in the playoffs next season. Here's a few excuses we will certainly see:

Bosh is soft.
LeBron can't lead a team.
Wade's ego is too big.
Too many chiefs on this team.
Stern fix was in.
Fire Spoelstra, he can't control the team.
No frontline help.
Bench is a bunch of useless washed up scrubs.

I just don't see the Heat winning by 2014. That's the year player options kick in and all the big three can opt out and move along. Figure LeBron will be first to bolt, he had no qualms leaving Cleveland in the lurch when he couldn't deliver there. He'll bail Miami faster than Delonte West splooged in his mama. No one may want him by then, who wants a glorified non-ringing sidekick?

Heat fans here are pretty cocky, let's bitch slap them around a bit and let them continue their delusions of grandeur until their dreams come crashing down.

SomeCallMeTim
08-05-2010, 11:42 AM
They're still the favorites but not a lock. No such thing as a lock in the NBA. I think that's where Heatfan gets confused. (And Lakerfan and Cavfan and Celticfan for that matter.)

There's a reason they play the games. No title is won on paper, in John Hollinger's power rankings, or in an NBA forum. A lot of crazy, unpredictable things happen in a season and playoffs.

I've already posted that even with the Heats being the favorites, there's probably at least even odds that someone knocks them off at some point in the playoffs. Four teams get a crack at it, at least two of which are bound to be great teams. Given taking the Heat or taking the field in a bet, I'd take the field.

Same thing applies to the Lakers of course.

I'd call it Heat > Lakers > Magic > Bulls > Celtics > Spurs > Thunder right now. Subject to change as the season gets rolling.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
08-05-2010, 12:02 PM
I wonder what BSPN's spin will be this year. Last year, all we heard was:

Michael Jordan didn't win an NBA championship until his 7th season. This is LeBron's 7th season.

Oooops.

As I have pointed out before, the 8 titles LeBron promised are a pipedream. If they can keep their core together for 10 years, they should consider themselves fortunate if they win 3. 3 titles in 10 years is a resounding success. Few teams can do better than that;
Bulls 6 in 8, Lakers 5 in 9, and 5 in 11. Spurs 4 in 9, Celtics 3 in 6. Go back to the age of the dinosaurs and you see Celtics 11 in 13 and Lakers 5 in 6.

If Heat down't win in 2011, the pressure is on, and it only gets worse. I don't think they can handle it. We'll see.

Ace
08-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Two of the top 5 in league and you think they won't win one?

in2deep
08-05-2010, 12:20 PM

those 2 are ballhogs and there is only 1 ball

when it comes to team play and championship pedigree:
Lakers >>> Heat

Ace
08-05-2010, 12:26 PM
those 2 are ballhogs and there is only 1 ball

when it comes to team play and championship pedigree:
Lakers >>> Heat

Really? You know that without the Heat playing one game? I'm not saying they win it this year but to say they will never win one is just plain ignorant.

HarlemHeat37
08-05-2010, 01:32 PM
The OP is so bad:lol..look at his sig :lol..it's possible that his whole gimmick is to troll people, but act like a serious poster, but I'm not too sure about that..

So Boston has "punched in their ticket" by acquiring Shaq? :lol..

Carmelo is already heading to the Knicks, and this will make the Knicks better than Miami? :lol..

The Spurs and Mavs winning titles? :lol..

I've never seen somebody make so many bold statements without any arguments to back it up:lol..

Look at my part in his sig..he still didn't give an argument after all that, all he kept saying was that Miami wasn't going to win, without any legit argument to back it up..his attempt at an argument was that the other teams are "hungry", not giving any argument why the Heat wouldn't be "hungry" too:lol..

in2deep
08-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Really? You know that without the Heat playing one game? I'm not saying they win it this year but to say they will never win one is just plain ignorant.

I never said that. I was speaking only for next year.

But I say this, get real, they won't stick together for 8 years :rolleyes

that's just stupid. Those 2 egos will stay together 3-4 years tops.

Venti Quattro
08-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Too talented for them to fail. They'll get their share someday. It's just up to the other teams to minimize it.

Venti Quattro
08-05-2010, 01:47 PM
lol The same was said about Cleveland's vaunted lineup last season. But LeBron quit on a totally winnable series and the rest of his team followed suit so it doesn't always go on as planned.

21_Blessings
08-05-2010, 01:59 PM
They're still the favorites .

Nope.

Not this season at least. Scary offensive potential, but sadly only one basketball :(

Completely unproven defense and they're going to get killed on the boards against a team like LA, Boston, Orlando.

HeatChamps
08-05-2010, 02:27 PM
The Heat already won it. The offseason already decided it. Must suck for every everyone else. :lol

Basketballgirl25
08-05-2010, 02:52 PM
No one has seen the Heat play a game yet. We have all seen what Wade, Lebron, and Bosh can do on their own, what can they do as a team, they could be great like everyone says or they could shock us all a suck more then we think. Heck Wade, Lebron, or Bosh could get hurt and not play

Nothing is known yet, except Lakers won last year

Ace
08-05-2010, 03:25 PM
I never said that. I was speaking only for next year.

But I say this, get real, they won't stick together for 8 years :rolleyes

that's just stupid. Those 2 egos will stay together 3-4 years tops.

Of course not as their contracts aren't built that way. Is the egos really the only reason you think they will fail? I think so more hope on your part than anything. Wishful thinking will only go so far.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
08-05-2010, 05:22 PM

In the 1960's the Lakers had 2 of the top 5 players in the history of the game to that point (West and Baylor) and couldn't win. They added the best, Wilt and still couldn't win. Miami has no strength on the frontiline. Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

TheMACHINE
08-05-2010, 05:30 PM
"they didnt surround lebron with good teammates"

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
08-05-2010, 05:36 PM
The OP is so bad:lol..look at his sig :lol..it's possible that his whole gimmick is to troll people, but act like a serious poster, but I'm not too sure about that..

So Boston has "punched in their ticket" by acquiring Shaq? :lol..

Carmelo is already heading to the Knicks, and this will make the Knicks better than Miami? :lol..

The Spurs and Mavs winning titles? :lol..

I've never seen somebody make so many bold statements without any arguments to back it up:lol..

Look at my part in his sig..he still didn't give an argument after all that, all he kept saying was that Miami wasn't going to win, without any legit argument to back it up..his attempt at an argument was that the other teams are "hungry", not giving any argument why the Heat wouldn't be "hungry" too:lol..
Oh, look, it's my little bitch HarlemHeat37, spreading lies and untruths. Looks like her post has spread her buttcheeks again so I will oblige her anal craving, again.

Let's expose her, again. If you look at the links in my signature I gave reasons why the Lakers, Celtics, and Spurs can't be counted out, and it's called championship experience. That's a perfectly logical argument and one that can't be ignored. However, HarlemHeat37 completely ignores it! And she calls herself a knowledgeable basketball fan? She says I have no argument? She ran away from my last argument because she had no answers! No one counts out the Spurs, at least the wise ones. How many people last year said neither the Lakers nor the Celtics would make the finals? Yeah, count them out again too while you're at it. Who's going to beat their frontlines? Miami has no chance, one maybe, not both. While Cuban has Dirk, and money to spend, he'll try as well. Last year ended prematurely for the Mavs, but they'll be contending next year, and a few years more.

Knicks don't have to get better than the Heat by adding Carmelo, just be competitive. Even if the Heat have a 55% chance to win a series against the Knicks, their work will be cut out for them. Delusional Heat fans seem to think they have a 100% chance to win every series. Heat can't sleep on any team in any series beyond round 1.

Oh yeah, mostly what HarlemHeat37 tries to do is go on and on in many posts about how she won a medal here at SpursTalk for her posting. We don't give a shit about that, but I can tell where you got this notion from. You are thinking of LeBron and his "Check my Stats" shirt he tries to impress everyone with in public when he wears it.

I have beaten you again HarlemHeat37, you are exposed as a fake Spurs fan, and a bandwagon Heat fan. I owned your alter ego MiamiHeat, and will continue to own you when you argue with me.

You are my biggest Biyotch HH37, thanks!

Indazone
08-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Not enough balls to go around between Bron-Bron, D-Wade, and Bosh. Let alone let any of the role players touch the ball. No dominant Center either.

21_Blessings
08-05-2010, 05:50 PM
"they didnt surround lebron with good teammates"

To be honest, anything other than 5 straight championships will be considered a failure for this Heat team. I'll be interesting to see who gets thrown under the bus once they get exposed. Probably Bosh. Or maybe Lebron takes the brunt and he opts in a few years and goes to Chicago like he should have in the first place.

21_Blessings
08-05-2010, 05:55 PM
HarlemHeat37, you are exposed as a fake Spurs fan, a

We've known this for years.

TheMACHINE
08-05-2010, 06:03 PM
sons...take out lebron or wade and this team is a bunch of scrubs. Just wait and see SA Heat Fans excuse.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
08-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Here's HarlemHeat37 flashing off her posting award, as if she thinks we will bow down to her and her fake King (Prince) James:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4550995&postcount=14

http://dailyelements.com/secondteam.gif

Now please stop, raise the bar, I'm not going to respond to you once again..

Back on topic..great points from DOK about the Pistons' D, interesting..
Couldn't tell you how many times she's mentioned she got one. Awfully insecure, isn't she?

Leonard Curse
08-05-2010, 06:23 PM
all it takes is for one of them to be hurt every year, and thats definitely not impossible look at the spurs haha i mean shit its a hell of a long season and lebron is due for some injuries wade and bosh have had their share but each player is vital and i mean vital to what theyre doing one little injury can screw their season up soo bad theres no way all of them stay healthy everyyear i promise that

Venti Quattro
08-05-2010, 10:11 PM
The Heat already won it. The offseason already decided it. Must suck for every everyone else. :lol

congrats to our offeason champions, the Miami HEAT :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Many PackYao
08-05-2010, 10:26 PM
I heard the Heat is gonna start calling their fans Tha Flamers to go along with whole heat theme.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
06-12-2011, 09:41 PM
In the west, Lakers, Spurs, and even the Mavs will give it their all, time is running out on Kobe, Tim, and Dirk. All 3 could win a title in the next few years.

Bump. I guess the Heat fans can't bump the threads they wanted to. Congrats Mavs, you are a worthy champion and I am very happy for the team and their fans.