PDA

View Full Version : Brown agrees to two-year deal with Lakers

Darrin
08-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Posted Aug 5 2010 3:35PM

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Guard Shannon Brown will return to the Los Angeles Lakers for a shot at their third straight championship.

Brown's agent, Mark Bartelstein, told The Associated Press on Thursday that the high-flying guard agreed to a two-year deal worth $4.6 million to return for his third season with Los Angeles.

The Lakers acquired Brown in a trade in early 2009, and he quickly earned a role in their rotation as a backup to Kobe Bryant. Brown averaged 8.1 points and 2.3 rebounds last season while playing solid defense for the Lakers.

After opting out of his contract earlier this summer, Brown considered more lucrative offers from several teams, including New York, Cleveland and New Orleans.

ESPN.com first reported the deal.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/08/05/brown.lakers.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

760Spursfan
08-05-2010, 03:39 PM
I would've loved to have seen Brown in the Silver and black jersey!

PGDynasty24
08-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Good Fucking offseason Mitch. With what little wiggle room we had,you maximized it. Good Shit

Killakobe81
08-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Good Fucking offseason Mitch. With what little wiggle room we had,you maximized it. Good Shit

GREAT off-season if healthy this will be the best Laker team of the past 5 years ...

Killakobe81
08-05-2010, 06:23 PM

not a HUGE fan of Rodman or Shaq but the rest of your heroes are all aces ...

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
08-05-2010, 06:32 PM
He's an interesting player, just keep him out of the all star dunk contest. Good re-signing for LA.

picc84
08-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Should have turned him and Sasha into Delonte West.

milkshakeballa
08-05-2010, 09:49 PM

Someone told the forum yesterday.

milkshakeballa
08-05-2010, 09:50 PM
I was hoping we let Brown live with his mistake and sign the two rookies and call it a wrap. I just hope Barnes realize that he can get Kobe's and Laker Ron's reserve minutes. Shannon should be buried on that bench.

I was initially against resigning him as well Luva but with the departure of Ears and the signing of Blake just watch Shannon's game grow.

Guy is going to be a good player for us this year.

milkshakeballa
08-05-2010, 09:54 PM
GREAT off-season if healthy this will be the best Laker team of the past 5 years ...

its looking like that.

And quite frankly...its looking like it will be the best Laker team sans 01 team in the past 20 + years.

HeatChamps
08-05-2010, 09:56 PM
lol Lakers excited about Brown.

milkshakeballa
08-05-2010, 09:58 PM

lol Heat fans excited about Patrick Beverely.

Red Hawk #21
08-05-2010, 10:00 PM

Why shouldn't they be? He's an athletic player, who can defend and has good size. He also contributed during the playoffs. The Lakers have had a great off-season and it won't surprise me if they win another one this season. So, you might wanna slow down on celebrating that championship you think you've already won.

DazedAndConfused
08-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Blake
Brown
Barnes
Odom
Gasol/Bynum

Damn I like that bench.....

milkshakeballa
08-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Why shouldn't they be? He's an athletic player, who can defend and has good size. He also contributed during the playoffs. The Lakers have had a great off-season and it won't surprise me if they win another one this season. So, you might wanna slow down on celebrating that championship you think you've already won.

Hawks...per the usual..bringing the goods.

I'm rooting for you guys this year Hawks.

DIsappointed in Joe and what he said last playoffs but hopefully it is water under the bridge.

milkshakeballa
08-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Blake
Brown
Barnes
Odom
Gasol/Bynum

Yep Dazed. And Mitch did it with only the MLE.

Kobe/Pau resting.

LO actually playing this summer.

Drew will be fully recovered.

Ron Ron's hand 100%. Hopefully Lakers keep some weight off of him this summer. If he comes in at 240 he would be in IDEAL shape come playoff time.

It still will come down to Drew's health if we play Miami.

crc21209
08-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Overrated...

Venti Quattro
08-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Overrated...

ya he kinda is but it's a signing that's to keep the team intact for maybe a future deal with some team. But nevertheless I like what he brings to the team. Also makes the team younger and more athletic.

MiamiHeat
08-05-2010, 11:37 PM
didn't he sign with someone else? seem to remember him going somewhere else

SomeCallMeTim
08-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Blake
Brown
Barnes
Odom
Gasol/Bynum

Why do you have Gasol/Bynum on the bench?

Anyway, WRT to the others... on paper, it sure looks great, doesn't it? They could possibly eclipse Orlando for the title of deepest team this year.

I keep waiting for Odom to hit his decline phase and of course injuries could thin things out in a hurry. Bynum the most likely to be hurt and then suddenly the Lakers are lacking depth up front with Odom no longer on the bench.

If things roll right for them, we won't have to cringe at the 2nd unit coming for the first time since... what, the late 90s teams?

Venti Quattro
08-05-2010, 11:39 PM
didn't he sign with someone else? seem to remember him going somewhere else

New York? They cap that they supposedly have to sign Shannon Brown was all imaginary money.

Red Hawk #21
08-06-2010, 12:29 AM
New York? They cap that they supposedly have to sign Shannon Brown was all imaginary money.

That's a sign of incompetence imho. When you don't even know how much money you have to offer free agents.

Darrin
08-06-2010, 12:34 AM
not a HUGE fan of Rodman or Shaq but the rest of your heroes are all aces ...

I bought the Shaq hype coming out of college. I had a Shaq shoe shirt, the one with this logo:

http://blog.thecombustionchamber.com/shaq_dunkman_logo.gif

Rodman was a god in this town. He left a lot of people heartbroken with the way he left. He and Dumars were to be the foundation for that next Championship team. When he left we knew it would be a long time to find someone to fill his shoes.