PDA

View Full Version : Inter Milan

jack sommerset
08-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Playing FC Burn tonight. Pretty fucking cool if you ask me, The European champs in Dallas. Tickets are still on sale.

MannyIsGod
08-05-2010, 05:21 PM
No shit??

jack sommerset
08-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Good game. They tied 2-2.

MannyIsGod
08-06-2010, 11:39 AM
We would have all missed it had it not been for your epically timed and informative post.

jack sommerset
08-06-2010, 11:55 AM
We would have all missed it had it not been for your epically timed and informative post.

You mad? They only had 5,000 seats sold a week ago. It was not advertised very well. Pizza Hut park thought it would be a no brianer fans would flock to the stadium by pretty much word of mouth. It didn't work. They still didn't sell out but it was the biggest crowd Frisco has ever had for a soccer game.

How did you like the game? This might not be a good comparison (I'm sure you will tell me it isn't) but for soccer fans here in the states it would be like the Lakers going over to China to play one of their league teams. We don't get the European Champs in Frisco everyday.

scott
08-06-2010, 12:36 PM
I think what Manny was getting at is that everyone in this forum who knows who Inter Milan is was already well aware of this (because we're soccer fans).

Unfortunately, Frisco and FC Dallas are proving a disaster for MLS. They are consistently one of the lowest drawing teams. I think it was a mistake to build the stadium way out in the 'burbs. If MLS decides it's not working out in the Metroplex, I know a city down here that would love to have the team :)

lefty
08-06-2010, 01:10 PM
lol

Libri
08-06-2010, 05:32 PM
I think what Manny was getting at is that everyone in this forum who knows who Inter Milan is was already well aware of this (because we're soccer fans).

Unfortunately, Frisco and FC Dallas are proving a disaster for MLS. They are consistently one of the lowest drawing teams. I think it was a mistake to build the stadium way out in the 'burbs. If MLS decides it's not working out in the Metroplex, I know a city down here that would love to have the team :)

This is probably the only way SA can get an MLS franchise anytime soon.

jack sommerset
08-06-2010, 06:17 PM

I think Manny is being a dick because my opinion on other subjects I discussed with him.

You're right about the stadium being far out there. It would be great if it was in Dallas but if you jump on Dallas Parkway it really isn't that far. They think if the Burn win more often the people will come. Plus in a few years there will be more people moving north, maybe that will help.