PDA

View Full Version : Cuban wants the Dodgers...

Sportcamper
08-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban can't buy the Texas Rangers, so he will set his sights on the Dodgers WHEN they hit the market...

MarkCuban
08-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Thank you for posting this, I'm thinking about relocating this team to Hawaii, and then trading away Manny, Kershaw, and Ethier for Barry Bonds.

texas_gator
08-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Thank you for posting this, I'm thinking about relocating this team to Hawaii, and then trading away Manny, Kershaw, and Ethier for Barry Bonds.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

IronMexican
08-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Be awesome. McCourt was showing signs of wanting to improve, but the divorce fucked him.

monosylab1k
08-06-2010, 02:22 PM
So much for Cuban not wanting to spend for a baseball team :lmao

EricB
08-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Buy the A's and move em to San Antonio.

texas_gator
08-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Buy the A's and move em to San Antonio.

I personally hoped the Marlins would move the Alamo city but let's be honest, we need a stadium to support a big league team...location is everything...some where overlooking downtown would be nice but would it work?

EricB
08-06-2010, 04:51 PM
I personally hoped the Marlins would move the Alamo city but let's be honest, we need a stadium to support a big league team...location is everything...some where overlooking downtown would be nice but would it work?

Would work great.

I'd do whatever it took to build a baseball stadium in SA to get an MLB team.

bus driver
09-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Would work great.

+1

although i love going to missions games it doesnt compare to mlb

ducks
09-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Would work great.

really
you would build them a statudium and guarantee 25k per season for 5 years

EricB
09-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Damn straight I'd build em a stadium. Especially downtown. Downtown could use the little boost. A good baseball team would do well, baseball is a very affordable sport to go watch.

DesignatedT
09-09-2010, 10:52 PM
MLB in San Antonio will happen eventually.... but not for another 10 years sadly.

CubanMustGo
09-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Be awesome. McCourt was showing signs of wanting to improve, but the divorce fucked him.

Interesting story in this week's SI on that topic.

Ditty
09-10-2010, 05:00 PM
They had a story the other day about the city getting a team together to bring another sports franchise to san antonio..most likely we should see a AAA team really soon, not too sure about MLB team yet. I wonder if the Alamodome could be used for baseball games it sure looked it was working out for the twins when playing in the metrodome even if it looked like crap for awhile until we build another baseball stadium. Which most likely they will reconstruct Wolff stadium or build another stadium which will probably be build somewhere in the northside of town with all the cra pwhole of land they have. I haven't seen alot of land downtown unless they want to build it on the outskirts of downtown

EricB
09-10-2010, 07:36 PM
impossible for the dome to work for baseball, and impossible for wolf stadium to be remodeled.

either close to or in downtown would be perfect for the city. Ripe chance for it to be done with some teams struggling attendence wise, im lookin at you Tampa Bay Rays.

Jose Canseco
09-13-2010, 09:30 AM

I been raking in my softball league. Think I can get a camp invite?

fyatuk
09-13-2010, 12:34 PM
impossible for the dome to work for baseball, and impossible for wolf stadium to be remodeled.

The original plans for the Alamodome called for a baseball configuration, but they were changed because they wanted to reduce the price and they wanted to make the best football configuration possible to try and bring the NFL in.

Sadly, a couple decades later, we could use a baseball configuration because we're more likely to get MLB than NFL.