PDA

View Full Version : You see....that was easy....

SequSpur
08-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Got rid of Finley, got rid of Bogans, got rid of Junior.....

WHY IN THE FUCK IS BONNER STILL ON THE TEAM? MUCH LESS GETTING A MULTIMILLIONAIRE CONTRACT!!!!! SON OF A BITCH! WHAT FUCKING GIVES IN THIS STUPID ORGANIZATION?

SPEND YOUR MONEY ON A PROVEN NBA PLAYER INSTEAD OF SOME HOPEFUL WANNABEE NBA PLAYER FROM THE OVERSEAS YMCA LEAGUE....

GOT DAMN....

IT ONLY TAKE 2 BIG GUYS AND A SCORER AND YOU MAY WIN A FUCKIN CHAMPIONSHIP....

GO SPURS GO....

WHATEVER...

kamikazi_player
08-06-2010, 11:04 PM
tell us how you feel about jefferson

spurs1990
08-06-2010, 11:07 PM
How about the fact that Pop runs a complicated offense, and he would rather work with a guy with years experience in the system than bring in a more talented player who has to spend half the season or more catching on.

See one Jefferson, Richard for example.

Chemistry is the only chance our guys have of getting out of the West, which was probably a pipe dream anyway save for a string of injuries on the purple and yellow squad.

slick'81
08-06-2010, 11:08 PM
bbb bonner

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CPP7LjnMEdM/S9G6uQ2Q4EI/AAAAAAAABg4/0aLQanrDfLk/s1600/matt-bonner-jumpshot.jpg

Solid D
08-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Can I have your tickets? PM me.

JustinJDW
08-06-2010, 11:28 PM
People are always hating on Bonner until he knocks down like five 3-pointers in a quarter.

I would imagine he would be coming off the Bench along with Splitter. That way Splitter has room to go to work in the post and also torture teams with pick-n-rolls with Ginobili while Bonner wanders around the arc knocking down 3-pointers like its nobodies buisness.

Sounds pretty nice right?

bigfan
08-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Why is it every forum has at least one douchebag like Sequ?

Dex
08-06-2010, 11:34 PM
B-b-but he can shoot the three!

TE
08-06-2010, 11:35 PM
sequ actually has a point, sadly, Bonner doesn't belong on the Spurs team.

He's a situational player, who is streaky and plays like a pussy for his size.

Solid D
08-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Of the 5 Bigs on the Spurs roster, only first-contract DeJuan Blair makes a lower annual salary than Bonner. Matt Bonner may end up being the 5th Big, if Blair is given a greater role. What's all the fuss?

admiralsnackbar
08-07-2010, 01:16 AM
Why not just have a catch-all Sequ bullshit thread?

lowdown
08-07-2010, 02:16 AM
Is this Sequ stuff gonna continue until the season starts, 'cause these threads are bullshit!

Silver&Black
08-07-2010, 02:17 AM
Of the 5 Bigs on the Spurs roster, only first-contract DeJuan Blair makes a lower annual salary than Bonner. Matt Bonner may end up being the 5th Big, if Blair is given a greater role. What's all the fuss?

That's what I've been telling myself...What's the big deal about going crazy over the 5th big on the roster. I can see Bonner's role going down drastically if Blair can improve. I stopped questioning our front office a long ass time ago. We've got the best FO in the NBA...maybe sports overall. To question them for giving Matt Bonner a contract is ludicris...

:flag:

Snaq O'Meal
08-07-2010, 02:21 AM
bbb bonner

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CPP7LjnMEdM/S9G6uQ2Q4EI/AAAAAAAABg4/0aLQanrDfLk/s1600/matt-bonner-jumpshot.jpg

That's textbook shooting form...

...for a netball player.

pjjrfan
08-07-2010, 11:44 AM
People are always hating on Bonner until he knocks down like five 3-pointers in a quarter.

I would imagine he would be coming off the Bench along with Splitter. That way Splitter has room to go to work in the post and also torture teams with pick-n-rolls with Ginobili while Bonner wanders around the arc knocking down 3-pointers like its nobodies buisness.

And that;s true but the only thing is that Bonner has not been able to work his special magic in the playoffs, at least not when it turns into playoffs wins.

DesignatedT
08-07-2010, 12:29 PM
this is becoming retarded. people need to stop posting in these threads. including me.

Chomag
08-07-2010, 12:48 PM

Sigh... some of you don't seem to care all that much about the playoffs.

timtonymanurich
08-07-2010, 12:49 PM
tell us how you feel about jefferson
:lol:lmao:rollin:lmao:rollin:lol:lmao:rollin

EmptyMan
08-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Got rid of Finley, got rid of Bogans, got rid of Junior.....

WHY IN THE FUCK IS BONNER STILL ON THE TEAM? MUCH LESS GETTING A MULTIMILLIONAIRE CONTRACT!!!!! SON OF A BITCH! WHAT FUCKING GIVES IN THIS STUPID ORGANIZATION?

SPEND YOUR MONEY ON A PROVEN NBA PLAYER INSTEAD OF SOME HOPEFUL WANNABEE NBA PLAYER FROM THE OVERSEAS YMCA LEAGUE....

GOT DAMN....

IT ONLY TAKE 2 BIG GUYS AND A SCORER AND YOU MAY WIN A FUCKIN CHAMPIONSHIP....

GO SPURS GO....

WHATEVER...

Son...you know you mirin' the Kareem Abdul JaBonner skyhook.

tmtcsc
08-07-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm not thrilled Bonner is back but he did play better than Fin, Mason and Bogans.
Jefferson needs to show up this year.

ohmwrecker
08-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Your Caps Lock is on.

DPG21920
08-08-2010, 02:10 PM

So why pay a 5th big 16M? Does that make him the highest paid 5th big in the NBA?

Also, do you truly believe the Spurs paid 16M to not play him?

E-RockWill
08-08-2010, 02:20 PM
:deadhorse

Solid D
08-08-2010, 05:01 PM
So why pay a 5th big 16M? Does that make him the highest paid 5th big in the NBA?

At $3M this season with no other Bigs able to shoot the 3, not to mention draw the opposing Big outside, it's not a bad option to have in your tool bag. The Spurs intend to play him.

EricB
08-08-2010, 05:09 PM
At $3M this season with no other Bigs able to shoot the 3, not to mention draw the opposing Big outside, it's not a bad option to have in your tool bag. The Spurs intend to play him.

Your too charitable with your knowledge.

TD 21
08-08-2010, 05:18 PM

I think they paid him that for reasons that Solid D stated, but also because this should allow Duncan and McDyess to play slightly less minutes, but more importantly sit out more games entirely next season.

The fact of the matter is, if Duncan goes from 31 to 30 mpg and McDyess from 21 to 18 mpg, sure it should help some, but it's not going to make a drastic difference in the grand scheme of things.

What Duncan in particular needs is to have the minutes he does play be less arduous. That means not playing small ball with anywhere near the frequency the Spurs did the first (roughly) two thirds of last season. But it also means sitting out more games.

Looking past next season though, is another major reason I believe the Spurs re-signed Bonner. If they let him go now, then a year from now they'd be searching for his replacement to replace McDyess in the rotation. I can't think of another readily available 40% three-point shooting big who makes in the $3-3.5 million range.

DPG21920
08-08-2010, 05:24 PM

So if you believe that, why make the 5th big argument when 5th bigs usually don't play?

That is what some of the fuss is about. Some people don't want him playing. They understand his skill set, but many don't think it is worth it to have him on the court.

DPG21920
08-08-2010, 05:27 PM
I think they paid him that for reasons that Solid D stated, but also because this should allow Duncan and McDyess to play slightly less minutes, but more importantly sit out more games entirely next season.

The fact of the matter is, if Duncan goes from 31 to 30 mpg and McDyess from 21 to 18 mpg, sure it should help some, but it's not going to make a drastic difference in the grand scheme of things.

What Duncan in particular needs is to have the minutes he does play be less arduous. That means not playing small ball with anywhere near the frequency the Spurs did the first (roughly) two thirds of last season. But it also means sitting out more games.

Looking past next season though, is another major reason I believe the Spurs re-signed Bonner. If they let him go now, then a year from now they'd be searching for his replacement to replace McDyess in the rotation. I can't think of another readily available 40% three-point shooting big who makes in the $3-3.5 million range.

I understand the reasons for signing him, it is obvious the Spurs value Matt. I just did not understand the point of bringing up the 5th big argument in this context.

Either way, it does not look like a great move. Either you over paid for your 5th big or you are playing Bonner at the expense of other people because they value his skill set. We have seen what Matt does in the post season.

Lets just hope he is a regular season fixture then gone come playoff time.

ehz33satx
08-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Sequ is 10 or 12 maybe 50 personas in this forum.
I will take Coach Pop and his 4 championship winning basketball acumen over Sequ and his 5'2 worth of ignorant diatribe that he spews forth daily. Pretty easy to rack up thousands of post counts when you post dozens of times a day and not one single post being worth a damn. Sequ's MO is to post the most ignorant spiteful thing he can think of then sit back and watch people's reactions. And he does it all day every day. Pretty sad but that is your King of Spurstalk. Some on here defend him but regardless, in the real world he does not amount to much.

gospursgojas
08-08-2010, 08:35 PM
If you told me at the all star break last season out of Mason, Bogans, Fin, and Bonner, we would be rid of 3 out of the 4. I'd be satisfied.

Further more if you told me I had to keep 1 of the 4, i'd choose bonner.

Ill call it a win off season

Solid D
08-09-2010, 01:24 AM
So if you believe that, why make the 5th big argument when 5th bigs usually don't play?

I understand the reasons for signing him, it is obvious the Spurs value Matt. I just did not understand the point of bringing up the 5th big argument in this context.

If you go by Minutes/Game, Matt Bonner was the 4th Big last season:

2009-10 Minutes/Game
Tim Duncan 31.3
Antonio McDyess 21.0
DeJuan Blair 18.2
Matt Bonner 17.9

Now Tiago Splitter enters the picture and Pop has already told DeJuan he wants to play him at the PF slot this year so "work on your jump shot". Tiago will get minutes. With Splitter in the picture at Center, I believe that the Spurs will likely play 2 Bigs on the floor more frequently than last season. The Spurs now have more versitility and a more talented front line. The 5th Big no longer becomes injury insurance nor a human victory cigar.

Think matchups. Think versitility. Matt Bonner's salary may seem a bit high to some, but then again, Blair is a bargain for at least 2 more seasons ($918K, $986K) and maybe a third.

Think 5th Big as a player getting floor-time this season...at least that is my contention.

TD 21
08-09-2010, 03:44 PM

Either way, it does not look like a great move. Either you over paid for your 5th big or you are playing Bonner at the expense of other people because they value his skill set. We have seen what Matt does in the post season.

Lets just hope he is a regular season fixture then gone come playoff time.

In what context?

Basically my point was he's not a prototypical fifth big. Technically, that may be the most accurate designation for his place on the roster for the upcoming season, but he's not going to be reprising the role of Mbenga or someone of that ilk. Then, after next season, he's going to be bumped back up to fourth big status.

That, the fact that obviously they value him and the fact that his contract is market value for what he brings, is why they paid him what they did.

hater
08-09-2010, 04:06 PM

:lmao

that has probably happened only once in a regular season game.

When is the last playoff game Bonner has scored more than 1 3-pointer the entire game?????

Dex
08-09-2010, 04:18 PM
:lmao

that has probably happened only once in a regular season game.

When is the last playoff game Bonner has scored more than 1 3-pointer the entire game?????

He was 2/5 in Games 2 and 5 of the 09-10 Dallas series, and 3/4 and 2/3 in Games 3 and 4 of the Phoenix series, respectively.

The only other time before that...

4/20/09
08-09 Spurs v. Dallas Game 2
3/4 3pt

hater
08-09-2010, 04:36 PM
well my bad, all my memories of playoff Bonner are filled with grief, embarrasment and failure.

Dex
08-09-2010, 04:39 PM
well my bad, all my memories of playoff Bonner are filled with grief, embarrasment and failure.

I wish I could argue with that, but then I remember that there are two sides to the basketball court.

GSH
08-09-2010, 05:57 PM
He was 2/5 in Games 2 and 5 of the 09-10 Dallas series, and 3/4 and 2/3 in Games 3 and 4 of the Phoenix series, respectively.

The only other time before that...

4/20/09
08-09 Spurs v. Dallas Game 2
3/4 3pt

Don't do that. Facts have no place in a discussion like this, and they only make people uncomfortable. Easier just to say shit than to back it up.

dbestpro
08-09-2010, 06:24 PM

We love Bonner when he does well and hate him when he plays bad. The problem is he usually plays more bad than good and let's not get started about the playoffs.