cutewizard
08-07-2010, 02:12 AM
Splitter learns the system, the 1st third of the season

Then, he starts

And its clobbering time

What do you think guys?

admiralsnackbar
08-07-2010, 02:18 AM
Wally has more NBA love, and apparently Blake Griff qualifies. Both will get more minutes, so... I'm guessing no such accolades will fall to Splitter.

texaskid
08-07-2010, 04:03 AM
11+7,it's enough

Russo21
08-07-2010, 04:40 AM
I hope so! That would be awesome!:toast

Chieflion
08-07-2010, 05:07 AM
Wally has more NBA love, and apparently Blake Griff qualifies. Both will get more minutes, so... I'm guessing no such accolades will fall to Splitter.

Did you just call John Wall "Wally"?

admiralsnackbar
08-07-2010, 05:09 AM
Did you just call John Wall "Wally"?

Are you going somewhere with this?

Chieflion
08-07-2010, 05:11 AM
Are you going somewhere with this?

Depends on your reason why.

admiralsnackbar
08-07-2010, 05:13 AM
Depends on your reason why.

Because I'm a transexual communist. Usually.

Chieflion
08-07-2010, 05:15 AM
Because I'm a transexual communist. Usually.

I don't know how this reason applies here.

admiralsnackbar
08-07-2010, 05:18 AM
I don't know how this reason applies here.

That's alright -- I don't know why you persist in trying to seem coy when you clearly have something you want to say.

Chieflion
08-07-2010, 05:22 AM
That's alright -- I don't know why you persist in trying to seem coy when you clearly have something you want to say.

It is funny how I was having a conversation with Culburn downstairs about a kindergarden graduation ceremony and now I am talking to you about this. That's all. Kind of hilarious once you think about it, really.

Muser
08-07-2010, 05:24 AM
lol no

admiralsnackbar
08-07-2010, 05:31 AM
It is funny how I was having a conversation with Culburn downstairs about a kindergarden graduation ceremony and now I am talking to you about this. That's all. Kind of hilarious once you think about it, really.
So hilarious you won't make your point, lest it be understood.

Chieflion
08-07-2010, 05:32 AM
So hilarious you won't make your point, lest it be understood.

Hey, you started the controversy. :lol

admiralsnackbar
08-07-2010, 05:34 AM
Hey, you started the controversy. :lol

By referring to a guy named Wall as Wally. I must be some kind of iconoclastic shit-stirrer, mustn't I?

Chieflion
08-07-2010, 05:47 AM
Okay, back to basketball. I wanted to humor myself just now but it didn't work quite well. Tiago Splitter isn't going to be rookie of the year.

My top 10 rankings:

1. DeMarcus Cousins (I just like him and he gets to be a clear 2nd guy behind Tyreke Evans)
2. John Wall
3. Blake Griffin (Surrounded by scorers like Davis, Kaman, Gordon, he wouldn't get the stats.)
4. Wesley Johnson (Above Favors because he will most likely be the best scorer on the Wolves, as ridiculous as that might sound.)
5. Derrick Favors
6. Tiago Splitter
7. Ed Davis (Reason being he will get more touches than Monroe, and put up better stats)
8. Greg Monroe
9. Paul George
10. Xavier Henry/Cole Aldrich/James Anderson (Rotating in between weeks)

Muser
08-07-2010, 06:16 AM
Griffin will get his IMO.

jimo2305
08-07-2010, 06:27 AM
it's doable.. hopefully james anderson will be in ROY discussions too O.o

admiralsnackbar
08-07-2010, 06:38 AM
Okay, back to basketball. I wanted to humor myself just now but it didn't work quite well. Tiago Splitter isn't going to be rookie of the year.

My top 10 rankings:

1. DeMarcus Cousins (I just like him and he gets to be a clear 2nd guy behind Tyreke Evans)
2. John Wall
3. Blake Griffin (Surrounded by scorers like Davis, Kaman, Gordon, he wouldn't get the stats.)
4. Wesley Johnson (Above Favors because he will most likely be the best scorer on the Wolves, as ridiculous as that might sound.)
5. Derrick Favors
6. Tiago Splitter
7. Ed Davis (Reason being he will get more touches than Monroe, and put up better stats)
8. Greg Monroe
9. Paul George

I'm curious what kind of minutes George will get after Granger. I think he'll adapt to the NBA well, but I just don't see the guy getting enough burn to earn consideration in the discussion. Also think Patterson has the potential to make some noise -- though he, too, will be ceding PT (to Scola).

Chieflion
08-07-2010, 06:44 AM
I'm curious what kind of minutes George will get after Granger. I think he'll adapt to the NBA well, but I just don't see the guy getting enough burn to earn consideration in the discussion. Also think Patterson has the potential to make some noise -- though he, too, will be ceding PT (to Scola).

George has repeatedly stated he wants to be a shooting guard in the NBA, and looking at the Pacers depth chart, they might as well start both George and Granger together. They got Mike Dunleavy and Dahntay Jones, who are definitely not in their future plans, so George would get more burn than you would expect him to.

Patterson, on the other hand, assuming Yao Ming is healthy and plays, would be behind in the depth chart with Scola and Hayes and Yao Ming. He would probably be fighting minutes with Jordan Hill and wouldn't see too much of playing time.

admiralsnackbar
08-07-2010, 06:52 AM
George has repeatedly stated he wants to be a shooting guard in the NBA, and looking at the Pacers depth chart, they might as well start both George and Granger together. They got Mike Dunleavy and Dahntay Jones, who are definitely not in their future plans, so George would get more burn than you would expect him to.

That's interesting -- wasn't aware he was trying to focus on the 2 role. If that's the case, I might even be inclined to move George higher than you have him, if only because Indiana has so little going for it offensively, otherwise.

Chieflion
08-07-2010, 07:30 AM
That's interesting -- wasn't aware he was trying to focus on the 2 role. If that's the case, I might even be inclined to move George higher than you have him, if only because Indiana has so little going for it offensively, otherwise.

I took into account that Brandon Rush is still on the Pacers. George would probably play about 27 minutes a night if he doesn't turn out to be a bust, backing up both Rush and Granger, if he is good enough, he takes Rush's starting role. I actually wanted the Spurs to draft him and I started hyping him up way before the draft. He ended up being on NBA team's radars too much and got drafted at 10.

I don't see how I can put George above Monroe since Monroe is definitely going to be a fixture in the Pistons lineup at the C/PF position.

mattyc
08-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Probably not ROY, but I'm hoping for him to be a Rookie Team of the Year starter.

8FOR!3
08-07-2010, 09:31 AM
James Anderson > Xavier Henry. He'll be at the end of the top 10 for discussions though.

My Fault
08-07-2010, 09:34 AM
No chance. Not with Wall and Blake

ChuckD
08-07-2010, 10:22 AM
No chance. Not with Wall and Blake

Yeah, there are three reasons he won't win.

Wall
Blake Griffin
He's a Spur

Darrin
08-07-2010, 10:27 AM

My top 10 rankings:

2. John Wall
5. Derrick Favors
6. Tiago Splitter
8. Greg Monroe
9. Paul George

I think the conversation is between Wall, Griffin, and Cousins will be a distant third. Past that, there's no real reason to rank anyone. However, Greg Monroe is the Pistons post play and defense. Jason Maxiell, Chris Wilcox, and Ben Wallace won't be stealing touches from him. If anyone will have cart blanche, he will. There's not another big man on the roster. My prediction for him is 8 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1.5 blocks. That's if he's worth anything.

Chieflion
08-07-2010, 10:40 AM
I think the conversation is between Wall, Griffin, and Cousins will be a distant third. Past that, there's no real reason to rank anyone. However, Greg Monroe is the Pistons post play and defense. Jason Maxiell, Chris Wilcox, and Ben Wallace won't be stealing touches from him. If anyone will have cart blanche, he will. There's not another big man on the roster. My prediction for him is 8 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1.5 blocks. That's if he's worth anything.

Like I said, I am super biased when it comes to DeMarcus Cousins. He could be very good and out of all the rookies, he has to be the most polished player. I am not saying Monroe wouldn't get his post touches. It depends on the perimeter guys.

Rodney Stuckey, Richard Hamilton, Ben Gordon, Tayshaun Prince. None of these guys are really good facilitators that they won't take shots from Monroe. You forgot to list CV, who happens to be the power forward of the Pistons and getting touches from Monroe as well. The Pistons have a lot of offensive options, what they lack is the defensive anchor that all of you hope Monroe can be.

Monroe, to me, having a successful season would be to show that he could anchor a defense for a stretch and focus on rebounding and passing, and not rack up points.

Silver&Black
08-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Yeah, there are three reasons he won't win.

Wall
Blake Griffin
He's a Spur

I don't think that automatically disqualifies him for ROY. Spur players have won MVPs, ROYs, and the 6th man of the year award. The 1st two reasons are far more valid than the 3rd.

Brazil
08-07-2010, 04:23 PM
ROY will be for Blake or Wall

Chomag
08-07-2010, 04:30 PM
He will needs a good mount of minutes to get that, and knowing Pop's love of playing young players he wont but I might be proven wrong this year. I'm hoping at least...

Dex
08-07-2010, 04:49 PM
He will needs a good mount of minutes to get that, and knowing Pop's love of playing young players he wont but I might be proven wrong this year. I'm hoping at least...

All we can really hope is that Pop realizes we don't have time for his usual rookie cushion. Tim Duncan's career is in its twilight, and if Pop waits until next year to give Tiago the yaoman's work, it will be the last year of Tim's career and may be too late.

The silver lining to this is that Pop seemed to give Blair a surprisingly solid role and share of minutes for a rookie last season, out of necessity. Hopefully he will be forced to do the same with Splitter this season, because the alternative is either small ball, lots of time for Bonner, or running Dice into the ground.

dbestpro
08-07-2010, 05:16 PM
All we can really hope is that Pop realizes we don't have time for his usual rookie cushion. Tim Duncan's career is in its twilight, and if Pop waits until next year to give Tiago the yaoman's work, it will be the last year of Tim's career and may be too late.

The silver lining to this is that Pop seemed to give Blair a surprisingly solid role and share of minutes for a rookie last season, out of necessity. Hopefully he will be forced to do the same with Splitter this season, because the alternative is either small ball, lots of time for Bonner, or running Dice into the ground.

Yeah, he hardly played Oberto his first year, so I would not be surprised to see Splitter get 10-15 mpg. I would not be happy, but I would not be surprised.

ElNono
08-07-2010, 05:58 PM

Blair had solid minutes during the season, much like Hill in his rookie season. However, when the playoffs came around, both were the minute losers.

I'm hoping it's different with Tiago, considering he's a more seasoned player. It would be a first though.

Bito Corleone
08-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Tiago doesn't have a legit shot. Barring any serious injury, Wall has practically already won the ROY. This kid is going to set the league on fire.

analyzed
08-08-2010, 12:13 AM
This is one reason I don't get why the Pacers drafted George , unless they have plans for trading him

Man In Black
08-08-2010, 01:37 AM
Forget ROY, it's too political. I'd be cool with All-Rookie Team 1st or 2nd.

Ice009
08-08-2010, 02:04 AM
Tiago doesn't have a legit shot. Barring any serious injury, Wall has practically already won the ROY. This kid is going to set the league on fire.

I haven't followed or watched Wall apart from some Summer League stuff, but how good is he?

lrrr
08-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Remember when Manu was a rookie? He got plenty of PT in the playoffs, because he was a good player. Tiago has a LOT more experience than guys coming out of 1 or 2 years of college ball.