PDA

View Full Version : bleacherreport: Lakers will lose to the spurs

SinBAD
08-07-2010, 01:14 PM
this article talks about how the spurs have what it takes to beat the lakers this year.I strongly agree.Our team is alot better this year.
I know some of their writers said spurs wont make it but who are we kidding??spurs are the 2nd best in the west no OKC

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/431072-mission-possible-the-lakers-will-lose-to-the-spurs#page/1

mingus
08-07-2010, 01:17 PM
of course the Spurs have a shot at beating LA. not only have the Spurs played LA well the last couple of years, they've gotten better and are much better equiped to play LA.

Dex
08-07-2010, 01:54 PM
So let me get this straight...according to Bleacher Report, the Spurs have the best backcourt in the NBA, and will beat the Lakers...but won't make the playoffs?

I know BR is nothing but a bunch of individual writers posting articles, but they should really try to get together on some collaborative effort here.

Russ
08-07-2010, 01:56 PM
of course the Spurs have a shot at beating LA. not only have the Spurs played LA well the last couple of years, they've gotten better and are much better equiped to play LA.

The dirty little secret no one wants you to know. :wow

iManu
08-07-2010, 02:09 PM
The dirty little secret no one wants you to know. :wow

Is this all by the same guy?

I wonder what he ranks our frontcourt. : D

DJ Mbenga
08-07-2010, 02:16 PM
:lmao

Russ
08-07-2010, 02:39 PM
So let me get this straight...according to Bleacher Report, the Spurs have the best backcourt in the NBA, and will beat the Lakers...but won't make the playoffs?

I know BR is nothing but a bunch of individual writers posting articles, but they should really try to get together on some collaborative effort here.

"Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds."

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson. :)

MR.SILVER&BLack
08-07-2010, 03:00 PM
if we can stay healthy then i dont see why we cant beat the lakers. Pop and Phil know each other like the back of there hands. realisticly we are the only team that have a chance at knocking out the lakers.

The Truth #6
08-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Duncan and Manu are older. They're our two best players. We are better with our supporting cast, but 2/3 of our big 3 will most likely be worse. I don't see us getting out of the second round. Hopefully I'm wrong.

lefty
08-07-2010, 03:56 PM
I have to agree :depressed

admiralsnackbar
08-07-2010, 05:37 PM
He wisely turns down the bravado on the last slide and admits that he just wants the Spurs to win, but that he thinks they'd match-up well against LA.

I'd have to see how our defense and new blood develop this year to be able to agree with that, but besides being thin at the 3, it's not an unreasonable argument to say the match-up would lead to a good series.

BadMotorscooter
08-07-2010, 05:54 PM
As it stands...not a chance. We got swept by the Suns. A team the Lakers had no problem with getting to the Finals. The Lakers biggest weakness was their bench. They got Steve Blake, Matt Barnes, and Theo Ratliff. While getting rid of Farmar and still trying to get rid of Sasha. The biggest plus on top was re-signing Brown. Its apples and oranges. We lose in 5 to the Lakers in a playoff series right now.

lotr1trekkie
08-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Except for Bynum the Lakers are a + 30 team overall. Ditto the Heat! If age is the determining factor, then the Lakers/Heat are toast next season. Ditto Celtics!
The Spurs have a mountain to climb next season. However, it's not about the age of the players on the team. What matters is having your best players ready to go at it in a final 7 game series. If the second unit works out, we will be ready for another run

BadMotorscooter
08-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Really, the only position we have an advantage in is the PG. Thats it. Kobe is better than Manu. Artest is better than Jefferson. And Gasol is better than Timmy right now. And Bynum is better than Bonner or McDyess. Odom is better than Splitter. Matt Barnes, Steve Blake, Theo Ratliff, and Shannon Brown is better than Hill, Blair, and Anderson. I dont mean to be a downer, but it is what it is. We dont have the firepower to beat the Lakers. Hell, I was hoping Phil Jackson wasnt coming back so the lakers might be vulnerable...but he is. They have all their bases covered.

ezzizle
08-07-2010, 06:29 PM
SA is done.

Venti Quattro
08-07-2010, 06:30 PM
bleacher report :lmao :lmao :lmao

admiralsnackbar
08-07-2010, 06:41 PM
As it stands...not a chance. We got swept by the Suns. A team the Lakers had no problem with getting to the Finals. The Lakers biggest weakness was their bench. They got Steve Blake, Matt Barnes, and Theo Ratliff. While getting rid of Farmar and still trying to get rid of Sasha. The biggest plus on top was re-signing Brown. Its apples and oranges. We lose in 5 to the Lakers in a playoff series right now.

The Suns were just a match-up nightmare for us, though. And it didn't hurt that they were collectively on fayah the whole series.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not trying to argue anything as ludicrous as that the Spurs could have beat the Lakers last season, but they did match up much better with them than they did with Phoenix.

tomtom
08-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Seriously why do you guys keep posting Bleacher Reporter crap

My Fault
08-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Bleacherreport... Ducks could've wrote that. I don't know why anyone takes enough thought into it to even bother posting it.

admiralsnackbar
08-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Seriously why do you guys keep posting Bleacher Reporter crap

Offseason.

Leonard Curse
08-07-2010, 08:02 PM
I have to agree :depressed
if you dont think a team with tim duncan and manu ginobili leading the team with a hell of a supporting cast the best center in europe taller and better than scola, then i dont know what youre thinking because last time i checked the spurs are the only team in the western conference who arent intimidated by the lake show, manu could care less about kobe its kobe who sucks manus old balls all the time and you know what did anyone else pay attention when they stated kobe had KNEE SURGERY & HIS FINGER Could only get worse, i know we can beat the lake show w/out mason/bogans/finley damn that bonner

Leonard Curse
08-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Really, the only position we have an advantage in is the PG. Thats it. Kobe is better than Manu. Artest is better than Jefferson. And Gasol is better than Timmy right now. And Bynum is better than Bonner or McDyess. Odom is better than Splitter. Matt Barnes, Steve Blake, Theo Ratliff, and Shannon Brown is better than Hill, Blair, and Anderson. I dont mean to be a downer, but it is what it is. We dont have the firepower to beat the Lakers. Hell, I was hoping Phil Jackson wasnt coming back so the lakers might be vulnerable...but he is. They have all their bases covered.
i disagree w/your tiago and jefferson evaluation. tiago is the best player in europe thats 6'11'' you guys arent giving this guy any credit and are being way to skeptical i promise you phil jackson would trade tiago splitter for lamar odom, and you also forgot to mention all of our bench will murder the lakers and our bench will most likely reach 50pts this year why not? they were at 40 last year with mason/bogans weighing them down, if

Man In Black
08-07-2010, 08:11 PM
IF you think about it...if the Celtics would've won game 7. They had their chance and whether it was gifted or not, The LAL eeked by. So yes, while they are the 2 time defending champs, I ain't deluded into thinking that they're what one would term a dominant team. OK City had them shitting bricks for a time. And Phoenix took 2 games from them and with a little bit of fortitude might have taken it to 7 games.
I don't need to read an article to KNOW that the Spurs have new pieces that are needed to match up with the LAL. Pop has ALWAYS looked at the LAL as a team he needs to beat. So he looks at his Swiss Army Knife and decides what's missing and them tries his best to get that needed tool. If you think about it, beating the LAL means that winning in the NBA is assured.

Mr. Body
08-07-2010, 08:34 PM
You don't go from getting swept by the Suns to beating the champions in one year unless big changes are made. We did not make those big changes.

Danny.Zhu
08-07-2010, 11:38 PM
First please don't get swept by the Suns again. Then we can talk about some real business with Lakers.

wut
08-08-2010, 09:38 AM
I vote for a ban on bleacherreport articles, who's with me? :lol

Leonard Curse
08-08-2010, 10:29 AM
You don't go from getting swept by the Suns to beating the champions in one year unless big changes are made. We did not make those big changes.

thats what the lakers did, when they won their first one with pau, and yes pau was a huge upgrade but like i said you guys a underrating tiago theres a reason why pop has been trying to get splitter over for 3years straight!! and why he was so persistent about him even after splitter changed his mind, pop was extremely agreessive w/his pursuit san tiago

edit : lakers reached finals with pau and were killed by the celtics in 6 so its amazing what one 6 11 guy can do for your team.

quentin_compson
08-08-2010, 12:30 PM
thats what the lakers did, when they won their first one with pau, and yes pau was a huge upgrade but like i said you guys a underrating tiago theres a reason why pop has been trying to get splitter over for 3years straight!! and why he was so persistent about him even after splitter changed his mind, pop was extremely agreessive w/his pursuit san tiago

edit : lakers reached finals with pau and were killed by the celtics in 6 so its amazing what one 6 11 guy can do for your team.

Dude, Gasol was already a proven NBA player who had put up something like 18/8 year in and year out and had led the Grizzlies to the playoffs multiple times before he was traded to the Lakers.
I think Splitter will be fine, but you are setting the bar very high if you think he will be on Gasol's level right away.

TD 21
08-08-2010, 12:58 PM
I don't think it's that far fetched. I wouldn't claim it will happen at this point, because we haven't seen Splitter, Anderson and to a lesser extent, Neal play in the NBA yet. Also, we don't know if the Spurs are done this off season. I still think they could bring in Hayes or someone of that ilk. Injuries, potential declines, or further declines, etc., will all play a role in this.

But as I look at the Spurs, I see numerous pieces and various qualities and characteristics needed to beat the Lakers in a series. Ultimately though, even if this team were to play to a level befitting of their collective talent, they still more than likely need a wing who can play above average defense against Bryant in order to beat the Lakers.

The Thunder are the flavor of the month and the Mavs are annually overrated, so I'm sure those two will be the consensus "best chance at beating the Lakers in the West" teams, but I'd go: Spurs, Trail Blazers, Rockets.

Man In Black
08-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Before he became a Laker he was deemed a pussy leader for the Grizz because he couldn't get them 1 playoff win. When he became a Laker and played against Boston in 08, he was again deemed a pussy player because he didn't have the physicality needed to beat a completely healthy Celtic team. As it stands, the Lakers have yet to beat a completely healthy Celtic team but you gotta give them their due in surviving and ultimately winning. But again...they aren't as dominant as many of you seem to think they are. This isn't a period of time where everyone KNOWS they're playing for 2nd place like it was during the Jordan years. It's more a period of time where the Lakers are the #1 team but the gap between teams aren't chasm like, they're more stepping stone like.

BackHome
08-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Alot depends on matchups and homecourt the finals are tough on teams that can't close out and go to seven games to decide who goes on. But the season is long and alot of things can happen where you might not see two of the best teams in the playoffs due to injuries.

2Cleva
08-08-2010, 03:39 PM
As far as the West is concerned, its a wrap. LA has dominated the conf for 3 years and that's not changing. Only one team has pushed them to the limit and even that team got blown out 3 times in the series.

LA has had less success in the Finals because of lack of familiarity with the opponent but LA has the rest of the Western Conferences number and everyone knows it. Only edge teams get on LA is when LA is unfamiliar with them. Once they figure it out, the coaching staff and players dominate.

There is a reason Pop rarely gets by Phil in the playoffs. Hanging your hat on reg season victories is hilarious.

If SA was a great defensive team I'd say they'd have a chance. But who plays D there? Hill some, Duncan can the few times his body is right. But thats it.

I've yet to see a European player come in and bring a defensive mindset.

No team is going to beat LA with an offensive method of basketball and you can't out-execute them either. Best way to beat LA is to beat them up but LA has constantly loaded up with as many 2-way bullies as possible.

Boston has the fight. Miami has the unfamiliar edge. No one else stands a chance. Houston of 2 years ago benefited from having both (switching up styles mid-series after Yao went down). But no one in the West now has the necessary talent, coaching, size, and championship swagger.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
08-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Do you want a neutral point of view?

Yes, the article makes sense if all the IFS happen. I believe the single most important factor is championship experience and as constructed now, only 3 teams have that; Spurs, Lakers, and Celtics.

Duncan is running out of time to win again and certainly deserves to win one before Shaq. I say that mainly because TD stayed with his team throughout his career. Plus, Tim still leads his team, Shaq has been second fiddle or lower for some time now.

Ringing time is running out for a lot of players. Some will get one, many won't. Those that have a well-rounded team have that chance and the only teams without championship experience seem to be the Mavs, Thunder, Magic, Bulls, and Blazers. The Heat are unproven since they have played 0 games together. Most of that talk is nonsense.

Last year, Lakers, Celtics, and Spurs all flipped a late switch. None were expected to last long in the post season. Spurs just turned theirs on a little too early. Remember when they beat the Celtics and Lakers on the road, and Cavs and Magic at home? Impressive games. SA would have had a great chance to beat the Celtics had they made it to the finals. You would have to believe that again this year should the Spurs and Celtics meet up.

A WCF featuring these two teams at full strength would be epic.

Leonard Curse
08-08-2010, 06:10 PM
As far as the West is concerned, its a wrap. LA has dominated the conf for 3 years and that's not changing. Only one team has pushed them to the limit and even that team got blown out 3 times in the series.

LA has had less success in the Finals because of lack of familiarity with the opponent but LA has the rest of the Western Conferences number and everyone knows it. Only edge teams get on LA is when LA is unfamiliar with them. Once they figure it out, the coaching staff and players dominate.

There is a reason Pop rarely gets by Phil in the playoffs. Hanging your hat on reg season victories is hilarious.

If SA was a great defensive team I'd say they'd have a chance. But who plays D there? Hill some, Duncan can the few times his body is right. But thats it.

No team is going to beat LA with an offensive method of basketball and you can't out-execute them either. Best way to beat LA is to beat them up but LA has constantly loaded up with as many 2-way bullies as possible.

Boston has the fight. Miami has the unfamiliar edge. No one else stands a chance. Houston of 2 years ago benefited from having both (switching up styles mid-series after Yao went down). But no one in the West now has the necessary talent, coaching, size, and championship swagger.

im not at all holding our season victories as playoff victories im just saying that you guys act like the spurs cant beat you guys end of story when in fact it seems like phil makes it a point to avoid the spurs and even kobe has said he would rather play anyone else because we have good battles.
i thought our team had what it took but clearly i was wrong they proved to be coward role players (bogans/mason/bonner) mason and bogans couldnt hit a shot to save their life and played with no passion neither did tony parker.

i think parker will be forced to play with passion because of his contract year and i believe he will play hard for pop one last time, manu and tim needed help bad and you could tell they were frustrated with their shittty ass role players. blair was getting less than 10 min in playoffs that will change manu has a year of no summer play and health kobe JUST HAD KNEE SURGERY SO WHAT MAKES YOU THINK HE CN BOUNCE BACK HES YOU GUYS ONLY LIFE SOURCE!. tiago splitter will help the spurs tremendously and yes i know hes not gasol but with duncan (even at his age) you dont need to be gasol to have a major impact the main reason i believe we will beat the lake show is because WE ACQUIRED A GOOD 7FTER/ A MAJOR SCORING THREAT IN ANDERSON AND HAVE MORE PLAYERS THAT PLAY WITH PASSION WHAT WE HAVENT HAD IN A VERY LONG TIME

2Cleva
08-08-2010, 08:00 PM
im not at all holding our season victories as playoff victories im just saying that you guys act like the spurs cant beat you guys end of story when in fact it seems like phil makes it a point to avoid the spurs and even kobe has said he would rather play anyone else because we have good battles.
i thought our team had what it took but clearly i was wrong they proved to be coward role players (bogans/mason/bonner) mason and bogans couldnt hit a shot to save their life and played with no passion neither did tony parker.

LA respects the Spurs, as do I. But they aren't beating the Lakers.

i think parker will be forced to play with passion because of his contract year and i believe he will play hard for pop one last time, manu and tim needed help bad and you could tell they were frustrated with their shittty ass role players. blair was getting less than 10 min in playoffs that will change manu has a year of no summer play and health kobe JUST HAD KNEE SURGERY SO WHAT MAKES YOU THINK HE CN BOUNCE BACK HES YOU GUYS ONLY LIFE SOURCE!. tiago splitter will help the spurs tremendously and yes i know hes not gasol but with duncan (even at his age) you dont need to be gasol to have a major impact the main reason i believe we will beat the lake show is because WE ACQUIRED A GOOD 7FTER/ A MAJOR SCORING THREAT IN ANDERSON AND HAVE MORE PLAYERS THAT PLAY WITH PASSION WHAT WE HAVENT HAD IN A VERY LONG TIME

Passion isn't beating the Lakers and neither have great PGs, especially who aren't great assist guys. Last time Kobe had knee surgery LA went to the Finals as well and that was a disfunctional team with Shaq, GP, & Malone.

Man In Black
08-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Just pointing out the following.

Does this include Pau Gasol?

2Cleva
08-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Just pointing out the following.

Does this include Pau Gasol?

Yup - 100%.

He's tried to toughen up the last 2 years and he uses his length to block shots but he's hardly a great defender.

LA having Bynum gives him the freedom to avoid playing physical players on both ends. His length fits perfectly with LA's team and system but he hardly brings a defensive impact individually in presence or attitude. All about the unit where he is concerned.

Top 3 big man in the game? No question. But does he bring a defensive mindset? Nope.

Man In Black
08-08-2010, 08:27 PM
One is wont to say that because he plays for LA that he is all everything as the 4-letter directs the mindless to do so.

So you're saying Bynum is the All-world defender? Is that the reason that LAL fans claim that he's an injury waiting to happen and should be traded before he gets hurt again?

Again...2x defending champs, that's the result...but do you call them dominant?
Hardly, Perkins being injured meant that Boston would have to give 110 percent to win and they couldn't.

Cane
08-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Agreed with the OP, Lakers won't be getting out of the West. Too many if's for them and they're due for some injuries and 6-24's already been declining. :stirpot:

Man In Black
08-08-2010, 08:42 PM
You can always count on Spurs fans to be a bunch of delusional cock suckers.
Hey Pot...meet Kettle.:stirpot:
Considering that the 4-letter already wants either LA or Mia to win, I mean hell...even spurs.com has a banner for MIA Heat Tickets...fuck the establishment.

Phil & Kobe ain't getting that 3peat.
:flag:

CHAGO(I know it's spelled Tiago but that's how my Brazilian friends say it)....get used to hearing it, he's the next X!

Manu-of-steel
08-08-2010, 10:26 PM
We have to wait and see what our new players can do against LA. We're bringing in the top player from Europe, and we have James Anderson who is a scorer. Even though Manu and TD have gotten older, we have TP at full strength and with the emergence of Hill, the familiarity with the system in RJ and Blair, i can say that we have a fight here.

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Spurs are getting bounced by the Hornets, then the Hornets are bouncing the Lakers in 6 . Hornets lose to Heat in 7 in triple OT. According to Bleacher report
This prediction has been confirmed by BRHORNET45

Sean Cagney
08-09-2010, 02:43 AM
spurs are getting bounced by the hornets, then the hornets are bouncing the lakers in 6 . Hornets lose to heat in 7 in triple ot. According to bleacher report
this prediction has been confirmed by brhornet45

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!

mingus
08-09-2010, 03:49 AM
LA doesn't have the west wrapped up, not even close. and the more LA fans come on this board searching for LA-related topics and spend their time trying to argue against the possibility (desperately) that the Spurs can beat them, the more we know SA is in your minds and you fear them. :blah

2Cleva
08-09-2010, 07:08 AM
mingus - I've been around a long time, regardless of how LA has played.

MIB - Fuck ESPN. I don't even watch SC. But if they are saying LA and Miami it's likely because they are the 2 most talented teams, with LA/Phil showing they'll be there time and time again. Anyone can see that.

Re: Bynum - fans are stupid and impatient. They saw how the offense sometimes would move with LO/Pau (although not last year) but ignore the defensive problems it has. Bynum there has a trickle down effect. Eases things on Pau, dual shotblockers, his easy baskets bail out the offense, especially with a lot of good passers but no great ones - especially at the PG position. Also, they complain about the injuries but if he can finish - the season, its all that matters. Finished the past 2 and LA blinged it up. 65+ games is about normal for true big men anyway (Howard the exception).

3 times winning the conference. In the context of this convo and who wins the West - they are dominant. Last 2 years, it wasn't even close for that crown. A Eastern Conference foe who LA hasn't seen as much throws them wildcards. Perkins hurt knocks Boston, Bynum playing hurt all series knocks LA. But that series was almost over in Game 4 except Baby Davis/Nate Robinson played the best 4th quarter of their lives because Boston was on the ropes.

SpurSpurSpurs
08-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Yup - 100%.

He's tried to toughen up the last 2 years and he uses his length to block shots but he's hardly a great defender.

LA having Bynum gives him the freedom to avoid playing physical players on both ends. His length fits perfectly with LA's team and system but he hardly brings a defensive impact individually in presence or attitude. All about the unit where he is concerned.

Top 3 big man in the game? No question. But does he bring a defensive mindset? Nope.

How can he be a top 3 big man in game if he doesn't think of individual defense? He's relying on his team mate for defense. Can that be considered as a top big player? I don't think so.

If you really want to mess up the ranking then I'd put Bogut on top of Gasol. By this I would consider him as a top 5 or maybe lower overall (depends on how injury plays with other bigs) then top 3 big offensively.

Killakobe81
08-09-2010, 10:41 AM
I say Lakers have a good shot to 3-peat but nothing is promised ...
As for the spurs i have nothing but respect for Pop, manu and ESPECIALLY duncan.
But Phil has 2 3 peats ...Kobe and Dfish have been part of one ...when the Spurs were giving us our toghest tests they were such a great defensive team ...

What i saw againstthe suns was team trying to outscore the suns ...

If i was a betting man i would bet on the Lakers in the west ...

But glad to see that hope srings eternal ...i thought last year was a down year for this site ...ESPECIALLY the whole it's only November, December and january crew vs. the "sky is falling camp" of spurs fans.

I think the spurs will be a formidable and i was shocked that they could get swept by ANYONE (i know the Lakers did it ONCE) especially the suns.

2Cleva
08-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Killakobe81 - Phil has 3 3-peats, not 2.

SpurSpurSpurs - The same way SA often protected Duncan by putting an older DRob, to Rasho, to even Dyess on tougher matchups. I recall once SA was playing Dallas and Duncan was on a swingman who couldn't shoot (can't remember the name) - that way he could roam and protect the basket.

Dwight Howard is the best defensive player in the game but even Orlando always sends double-teams to help him in the post.

Pau's D fits LA's system but he's not a defensive presence, neither is any other European player. Just not their kind of ball.

I respect SA's core and coaching - they just don't have enough round them to beat the Lakers.

lefty
08-09-2010, 11:30 AM

SpurSpurSpurs - The same way SA often protected Duncan by putting an older DRob, to Rasho, to even Dyess on tougher matchups. I recall once SA was playing Dallas and Duncan was on a swingman who couldn't shoot (can't remember the name) - that way he could roam and protect the basket.

Dwight Howard is the best defensive player in the game but even Orlando always sends double-teams to help him in the post.

Pau's D fits LA's system but he's not a defensive presence, neither is any other European player. Just not their kind of ball.

I respect SA's core and coaching - they just don't have enough round them to beat the Lakers.

2Cleva
08-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Meant defensive big. But considering interior defense is paramount - it works. Everything else rings true.

picc84
08-09-2010, 12:06 PM
I respect the Spurs and their players, and like them a lot. But as constituted, the Spurs have no shot of beating the Lakers in a seven game series barring some kind of injury.

Leonard Curse
08-09-2010, 01:14 PM
LA respects the Spurs, as do I. But they aren't beating the Lakers.

Passion isn't beating the Lakers and neither have great PGs, especially who aren't great assist guys. Last time Kobe had knee surgery LA went to the Finals as well and that was a disfunctional team with Shaq, GP, & Malone.

look obviouisly were not going to agree but im not a retard so i know passion alone wont beat the lakers. you guys dominate the league no doubt ! ive seen deron williams play like an allstar in the play offs until he matches up w/you guys, why? it isnt fisher thats for damn sure 90%of this league sucks LA's balls what im saying is the spurs arent intimidated with the lakers and when we get back to the playoffs i dont see blair/splitter/hill being star struck whatsoever and those guys bring it.

to me parker plays great against yall but not as good as i think he could because he sucks la's balls and thats another reason i want him outta here but he will play amazing in a contract year this is a fact. what i was trying to say is KEITH BOGANS AND MASON WERE REPLACED WITH
7FT FINALS MVP TIAGO SPLITTER WHO LET ME TELL YOU EVERYONE TRIED TO PRY HIM FROM THE SPURS, JAMES ANDERSON (SCORED 37 PTS LAST SEASON), GARY NEAL SHOT 50% FROM 3( S.L )AND LED EUROPE IN SCORING WILE HAVING 65% FROM THE FIELD! AND A HEALTHY T.P WANTING A GOOD DEAL NXT YEAR, HE WAS AVERAGING 23 PTS JUST BEFORE THIS PST YEAR AND WAS BECOMING MORE DANGEROUS BELIEVE ME WE WILL COMPETE WITH YOU GUYS. AND AS OLD AS DICE IS HES A HELL OF A BENCH PLAYER TO PUT WITH DEJUAN BLAIR MIND YOU WHO NERLY GOT 2 20/20 GAMES!!

cantthinkofanything
08-09-2010, 01:21 PM
look obviouisly were not going to agree but im not a retard

Please take some time to read the below and in the future, take some time to think about your words.

http://www.jennaglatzer.com/pledge_to_stop_the_word_retard.htm
"My Words Matter" Pledge

Hi! My name is Jenna Glatzer, and I'm a writer. That means I love words. But there's one word that really hurts me, and that's the word "retard."
See, my brother has Down syndrome, which means he's retarded. "Retarded" isn't a bad word when you use it right: It means slow to learn. My brother learns a little slower than most people.
But a lot of people use the words "retarded" or "retard" to mean stupid. Sometimes people say it to be mean, and other times they're just kidding around... but it's not funny to people like my brother and me.
Maybe you've heard it at school-- like when someone trips or makes a silly mistake and someone else says, "You're such a retard!" Even if the person says it with a smile or laugh, it's still not funny. It's hurtful.
Imagine your name is Kelly, and one day, people decided to use the word "Kelly" to mean "gross." "Yuck! This food tastes so Kelly!" Wouldn't you want them to stop using your name like that?
Maybe you're older and you've heard people use that word at work, or at parties, or in stores. You probably know what that word really means, but you don't stop to think about how much it can hurt people with disabilities.
So that's why I'm starting this pledge.
My brother is the coolest person I know. He's nice to everybody, and he can always make me laugh, even if I'm feeling down. It hurts us when people use words like "retard" and "retarded" in the wrong way, because it makes him feel like they think he's stupid. He had to work very hard-- harder than most people-- to learn how to read, write, play the piano, and use the computer. He has graduated from high school and works at a nursing home. He deserves to be respected, not insulted.
There are a lot of people like my brother in the world-- people who have Down syndrome and other disabilities-- and I bet that if you met them, you'd like them, too. You wouldn't want to hurt their feelings or call them names.
That's why I'd like you to make a promise: You won't use the word "retard," and you won't say "retarded" when you mean "stupid." And you'll try to remember to pay attention when other people say it and ask them to stop, too.
Your words matter a lot. What you say can make people feel good or bad. If you care about people's feelings and would like to take this pledge, please visit here:
TAKE THE PLEDGE (http://new.petitiononline.com/words/petition.html)
You can sign your name and write comments if you like. Thank you for taking the pledge!
If you know other people who might be interested, I hope you'll pass this link to them and encourage them to sign, too. People often don't realize that there's anything wrong with words like "retard" and "retarded" until someone explains to them how hurtful it can be.
Lots of people also write to us to tell us what they think about the pledge. We're starting to collect the letters here (http://www.jennaglatzer.com/letters_about_pledge.htm), if you'd like to read them.
Love,
Jenna Glatzer and Paul Glatzer (Paul's blog) (http://elvispaul.blogspot.com/)

Please feel free to write to Jenna if you have comments for the "letters"

Leonard Curse
08-09-2010, 01:23 PM
[QUOTE=cantthinkofanything;4570379]Please take some time to read the below and in the future, take some time to think about your words.

"My Words Matter" Pledge

Hi! My name is Jenna Glatzer, and I'm a writer. That means I love words. But there's one word that really hurts me, and that's the word "retard."
See, my brother has Down syndrome, which means he's retarded. "Retarded" isn't a bad word when you use it right: It means slow to learn. My brother learns a little slower than most people.
But a lot of people use the words "retarded" or "retard" to mean stupid. Sometimes people say it to be mean, and other times they're just kidding around... but it's not funny to people like my brother and me.
Maybe you've heard it at school-- like when someone trips or makes a silly mistake and someone else says, "You're such a retard!" Even if the person says it with a smile or laugh, it's still not funny. It's hurtful.
Imagine your name is Kelly, and one day, people decided to use the word "Kelly" to mean "gross." "Yuck! This food tastes so Kelly!" Wouldn't you want them to stop using your name like that?
Maybe you're older and you've heard people use that word at work, or at parties, or in stores. You probably know what that word really means, but you don't stop to think about how much it can hurt people with disabilities.
My brother is the coolest person I know. He's nice to everybody, and he can always make me laugh, even if I'm feeling down. It hurts us when people use words like "retard" and "retarded" in the wrong way, because it makes him feel like they think he's stupid. He had to work very hard-- harder than most people-- to learn how to read, write, play the piano, and use the computer. He has graduated from high school and works at a nursing home. He deserves to be respected, not insulted.
There are a lot of people like my brother in the world-- people who have Down syndrome and other disabilities-- and I bet that if you met them, you'd like them, too. You wouldn't want to hurt their feelings or call them names.
That's why I'd like you to make a promise: You won't use the word "retard," and you won't say "retarded" when you mean "stupid." And you'll try to remember to pay attention when other people say it and ask them to stop, too.
Your words matter a lot. What you say can make people feel good or bad. If you care about people's feelings and would like to take this pledge, please visit here:
You can sign your name and write comments if you like. Thank you for taking the pledge!
If you know other people who might be interested, I hope you'll pass this link to them and encourage them to sign, too. People often don't realize that there's anything wrong with words like "retard" and "retarded" until someone explains to them how hurtful it can be.
Lots of people also write to us to tell us what they think about the pledge. We're starting to collect the letters here (http://www.jennaglatzer.com/letters_about_pledge.htm), if you'd like to read them.
Love,
Jenna Glatzer and Paul Glatzer(Paul's blog) (http://elvispaul.blogspot.com/)

Please feel free to write to Jenna if you have comments for the "letters" [/

wow im sorry i def wont use it anymore, didnt mean to offend you

SpurSpurSpurs
08-09-2010, 02:00 PM
SpurSpurSpurs - The same way SA often protected Duncan by putting an older DRob, to Rasho, to even Dyess on tougher match ups. I recall once SA was playing Dallas and Duncan was on a swingman who couldn't shoot (can't remember the name) - that way he could roam and protect the basket.

True. But please do not compare Duncan to Gasol. Duncan played great defense before during his prime even with DRob, Rasho, Horry, Oberto and the rest with him around the paint. Even in pick and roll defense, Duncan was great. Gasol isn't and will never be a great defender.

The best of Gasol's defense is Duncan's defense at the moment. Average!

Gasol's D doesn't fit LA's system. LA's FO just surrounded him with players who does play pretty good defense to cover his weakness. You should agree with this since you seem to be a huge LA fan. Remember 08 Finals?

If this is the case then we may have to suggest Mr. Peter Holt to sell the team now since there is no chance of beating LA.

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/7/15/633517234331751891-Insane-Kitteh---The-voices-are-telling-me-to-kill-you---Moticats.jpg

cantthinkofanything
08-09-2010, 02:07 PM
wow im sorry i def wont use it anymore, didnt mean to offend you

No problem. I wasn't trying to be a Kelly about it.

mingus
08-09-2010, 02:22 PM
I don't know where LA fans get we don't stand a chance against them. just look at our record we match up pretty damn well with u guys over the last couple of years. we may have not made it that in the POs but those weren't against LA.

Spurs gotta lot to prove but they could very well beat the Lakers if things turn out well. our role players are ?s at this point and a lot hinges on their play.

UnWantedTheory
08-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Please take some time to read the below and in the future, take some time to think about your words.

"My Words Matter" Pledge

Love,
Jenna Glatzer and Paul Glatzer(Paul's blog) (http://elvispaul.blogspot.com/)

Please feel free to write to Jenna if you have comments for the "letters"

:depressed

UnWantedTheory
08-09-2010, 03:08 PM
LoL WoW.

Killakobe81
08-09-2010, 03:11 PM

Sorry i meant 3 going on 4 ...

Dr House
08-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Sorry i meant 3 going on 4 ...

Preach on brotha, Preach!!!

These Cowtippers cant fuck with the boys out here in LA!!

Hey bro, whenever you want that blow job just pm me. I'll be waiting :)

cantthinkofanything
08-09-2010, 03:20 PM

Shut up Laker retard

UnWantedTheory
08-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Shut up Laker retard

HaHa.

Killakobe81
08-09-2010, 05:17 PM

sOme of you guys Must have way to much timeon your hands ...

Let me think ...I will go on an internet site that doesnt have my name ...just an avatar and handle, but I will ALSO come up with an alias for my "pseudo internet tough guy persona"

So I will post inanae garbage, homo-erotic rhetoric under two Profiles!!!

Wow your parents must be so proud ...

You my friend are a genius ...you must of been BMOC back in the day ...

Dr House
08-09-2010, 05:22 PM
sOme of you guys Must have way to much timeon your hands ...

Let me think ...I will go on an internet site that doesnt have my name ...just an avatar and handle, but I will ALSO come up with an alias for my "pseudo internet tough guy persona"

So I will post inanae garbage, homo-erotic rhetoric under two Profiles!!!

Wow your parents must be so proud ...

You my friend are a genius ...you must of been BMOC back in the day ...

Babe, Kobe just texted me saying he wants a 3some. Don't tell me you're backing down now? :cry:cry:depressed:depressed

21_Blessings
08-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Hardly, Perkins being injured meant that Boston would have to give 110 percent to win and they couldn't.

Hardly. Sheed played better in game 7 than Perkins did that entire series.

Besides that Baby Drew, on one leg, was pushing Perk's shit in all series. So the Celtics ultimately benefited from Perk going down.

Killakobe81
08-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Babe, Kobe just texted me saying he wants a 3some. Don't tell me you're backing down now? :cry:cry:depressed:depressed

Find a new gimmick this is almost as played out as your show ...I stopped watching in season 2 ...

Is that show still even on?

Man In Black
08-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Hardly. Sheed played better in game 7 than Perkins did that entire series.

Besides that Baby Drew, on one leg, was pushing Perk's shit in all series. So the Celtics ultimately benefited from Perk going down.
Pure conjecture. Doc Rivers to this day maintains that his squad healthy has never been beaten in a series by the Lakers. Sheed playing well doesn't mean that Perkins being there wouldn't have helped the Celtics, it's quite the opposite. Him being there might have been the difference but, we will never know.

Besides, it's about Spurs V Lakers. And I'm saying this again, the LAL will not 3-peat this time out. It might not be the Spurs,although it very well could be, but both Phil & Bean ain't drinking champagne in June.

21_Blessings
08-09-2010, 08:00 PM
The Lakers have never lost a playoff series with Kobe/Bynum/Pau starting. So Doc can shove his conjecture up Shaq's ass.

2Cleva
08-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Pure conjecture. Doc Rivers to this day maintains that his squad healthy has never been beaten in a series by the Lakers. Sheed playing well doesn't mean that Perkins being there wouldn't have helped the Celtics, it's quite the opposite. Him being there might have been the difference but, we will never know.

Besides, it's about Spurs V Lakers. And I'm saying this again, the LAL will not 3-peat this time out. It might not be the Spurs,although it very well could be, but both Phil & Bean ain't drinking champagne in June.

I'd take the bet that no one in the West stops LA.

Man In Black
08-09-2010, 09:51 PM
No it can't, stop be a dumb jack ass.
Predictable and dumb, I guess you can 't help yourself.

I remember 110-82, do you? In essence, There was a lot of this in LA. Bean:cry Fish:cry

Ck9nyiwaTIg

picc84
08-09-2010, 11:03 PM

Its funny Doc would say that, because the last time the Celtics beat a fully healthy Lakers team was December 30th, 2007. And the last time they beat a fully healthy Lakers team after the Gasol trade happened was....never. So Doc can go fuck himself. :toast

DJ Mbenga
08-10-2010, 01:07 AM
if both teams are healthy lakers win in 6. spurs could take a laker team to 7 if they have a miracle game in which they cant miss from 3, but thats about it. i dont know why some people see that result as an insult when you consider just months ago the suns swept them.

Man In Black
08-10-2010, 02:10 AM
i dont know why some people see that result as an insult when you consider just months ago the suns swept them.

Quite simply, it's because what happened then, doesn't mean that it'll happen exactly that way the next time. Consider there is multitude of changed variables which affect your form of constants. Even, the Lakers & Celtics have changed and while it may all seem for the better, the one team that has ACTUALLY gotten younger out of the 3 is San Antonio.

Again, if the teams have changed personnel, some at player and front office level and coaching levels, then how does last year's result accurately forecast the end of this upcoming season? It does not. That's why the games are to be played. It's like the NFL, some team's that are looked upon as middle-of-the-pack make a break and run hot all the way to the Super Bowl. While not as common in the NBA, it's still possible. :flag:

LkrFan
08-14-2010, 06:07 AM
Its funny Doc would say that, because the last time the Celtics beat a fully healthy Lakers team was December 30th, 2007. And the last time they beat a fully healthy Lakers team after the Gasol trade happened was....never. So Doc can go fuck himself. :toast
:lol

dbestpro
08-14-2010, 08:21 AM
I am just not that impressed by this Laker group. This is not a diss on the Lakers. I still think they best team of all time was the Magic team followed by the Chamberlin-West group. I think it is that basketball, as a team sport, is in the toilet right now. None of these teams including the Spurs of today would have a chance against the Celtics or Lakers of the early 80s. In fact they most likely would get swept.