PDA

View Full Version : How many of you will be rooting for Miami just to see the Lakers lose?

DazedAndConfused
08-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Be honest.

Nathan89
08-08-2010, 03:17 PM
As long as the Lakers are in the playoffs I will be rooting for the heat. If the Lakers get knocked out, then I will start rooting against the heat.

Texas_Ranger
08-08-2010, 03:19 PM
I'd rather see Kobe win than those bitches win. And I really don't like the Lakers.

eisfeld
08-08-2010, 03:37 PM
I'd rather accept France as an actual country then rooting for the superfriends...

BoricuaCJA
08-08-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm just rooting for Lakers to lose. IDC who beats them, I just want them to lose. I hate most of their fans!

Dex
08-08-2010, 03:55 PM
I'd rather see the Heat win then see the Lakers win, if that's what your asking. At least they built their team on the legit. :stirpot:

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
08-08-2010, 03:57 PM
I cheer for whoever comes out of the west, it doesn't matter who and it doesn't matter to me if the east wins. (Unless they beat the T-Wolves but that isn't realistic for a long time). It's supposed to have been Kobe vs. LeBron the last two years. That will have to wait a year or so. Kobe vs. Shaq, Lakers vs. Celtics is a bigger draw and that only has about 2 more chances of happening. Count on a finals rubber match from 2008 and 2010 in 2011.

TheManFromAcme
08-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I'd rather see the Heat win then see the Lakers win, if that's what your asking. At least they built their team on the legit. :stirpot:

oh brother.........:rolleyes

HarlemHeat37
08-08-2010, 05:12 PM
oh brother.........:rolleyes

What?..

daslicer
08-08-2010, 05:13 PM
I will never root for the lakers. If it came down to Team Afghanistan vs the Lakers I would pull for team afghanistan. Yeah count me in to wanting to see the Heat just run roughshod all over the lakers.

baseline bum
08-08-2010, 05:16 PM
The butthurt from Lakers posters if LeBron won a ring would be incredible, so I'll definitely root for the Heat once the Spurs are out.

DPG21920
08-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Lets be honest here; how many Laker fans are rooting for LA to win so that MIA does not?

tlongII
08-08-2010, 05:21 PM
As a Blazer fan I could care less about the Heat. The Lakers are another story however.

Kamnik
08-08-2010, 05:25 PM
I'd rather see Kobe win than those bitches win. And I really don't like the Lakers.

+1

I would love to cheer for Wade and Bosh, but I simply can't stand LeBron. No way I cheer for them against anybody.

mingus
08-08-2010, 05:27 PM
I hate lebron so no. ad a spurs fan I think spurs have a much much better shot at beating LA again than beating Miami though.

HarlemHeat37
08-08-2010, 05:33 PM
I honestly can't understand how anybody can hate Lebron..extremely unselfish on the court, he has never had an off-court incident, he has never said a bad word about a teammate, he's constantly doing stuff for children all over the world, he's one of the most charitable players in the NBA..he generated 6+ million with The Donation, when he didn't have to do it..

Red Hawk #21
08-08-2010, 05:49 PM
I honestly can't understand how anybody can hate Lebron..extremely unselfish on the court, he has never had an off-court incident, he has never said a bad word about a teammate, he's constantly doing stuff for children all over the world, he's one of the most charitable players in the NBA..he generated 6+ million with The Donation, when he didn't have to do it..

It's funny because a couple of seasons ago, when he was on bad teams he was loved by pretty much everyone but Laker fans. Now, a lot of folks are united in their hate against him. TBH Lebron just pisses me off because of his showboating ways. I feel like he's an attention whore, who deep down believes that he is somehow entitled to winning a championship. He just rubs me the wrong way, and it's a shame because he really is a great player.

The whole league is full of players with massive egos. But I don't see anyone dancing around on the sideline after made baskets. The "King James" nickname rubs me the wrong way. Many would much rather call him "King" after he proves that he is capable of winning championships. And then you have the whole fiasco this off-season. He's just lost so much respect from so many people, including me. That's why even the biggest Kobe/Laker haters will openly root for the Lakers than for Lebron. Simply because Lebron has taken arrogance to another level.

SpursTillTheEnd
08-08-2010, 06:03 PM
this game will have the most fouls ever called in an nba game, cause u know kobe will cry like a bitch on every play

Laimbeer Man of War
08-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Laker's won't even make it to the Finals, Phil knows better than to have them go that far and get swept.

HarlemHeat37
08-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Lebron dances because he likes to have fun..nothing wrong with that..dancing is a healthy activity that boosts morale/makes people happy..

Red Hawk #21
08-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Lebron dances because he likes to have fun..nothing wrong with that..dancing is a healthy activity that boosts morale/makes people happy..

I'll let your post speak for itself.

HarlemHeat37
08-08-2010, 06:25 PM
What do you have against dancing?..serious question..

milkshakeballa
08-08-2010, 06:27 PM

LOL. I gotta give props to Harlem. He has trolled people here for quite awhile now.

He mixes in serious post to as to hide his cover. But damn he is one of the best trolls here.

WHo does Harlem belong to?

ohmwrecker
08-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Can't I just hate both teams?

Killakobe81
08-08-2010, 06:47 PM

LOL. Maybe Harlem is a new school cat. Lot's of former players had issues withthe Lebron dancing and team picture stuff. But many said you have tyo beat him to make him stop ...which Boston did.

The other funny part as aLaker fan I know why people hate on Kobe, hell some Laker fans tolerate him but don't enjoy his antics ...

But Harlem acts as though Lebron is Mother Theresa in Karl Malone's body.

I like Lebron's passing, ability and the dunk he did where KJevin Harlan says "with no regard for human life" is one of my all time faves (watch it in slow mo it is IMPRESSIVE!!)

But the "chosen one" tattoo, the dancing , the Lebacle come on Lebron's ego is massive ...especiually when compared to a Tim Duncan or Durant.

Killakobe81
08-08-2010, 06:48 PM
LOL. I gotta give props to Harlem. He has trolled people here for quite awhile now.

He mixes in serious post to as to hide his cover. But damn he is one of the best trolls here.

WHo does Harlem belong to?

Maybe he is atrol but I swear his posts look like Chris Richards now ...so who had CR must be harlem or the owner has both ...

HarlemHeat37
08-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Many doctors say dancing is a perfect way for people of any age to get cardiovascular exercise. And since it's fun, people might actually spend more time on the dance floor than they would at the gym.

Doctors like cardiologist Suzanne Steinbaum have started prescribing dancing for patients.

Dancing might be good not just for your heart, but also for your mind. A recent study showed people who took up ballroom dancing had a reduced risk of dementia. The theory is that remembering all the dance steps exercises the brain.

ohmwrecker
08-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Nobody is saying the kid can't dance, but doing it during a game when your team is up big is just disrespectful to your opponent and the game. Also, the whole not talking to the press when you lose thing is immature. Nut up, LeBron!

Red Hawk #21
08-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Nobody is saying the kid can't dance, but doing it during a game when your team is up big is just disrespectful to your opponent and the game. Also, the whole not talking to the press when you lose thing is immature. Nut up, LeBron!

HH37 is an intelligent man, he already knows this. He's just trolling at this point imho.

timtonymanu
08-08-2010, 07:37 PM
LeBron isnt actually a bad person but Harlem canonizes him way too much that i dont know if he's trolling or if he's actually serious.

timtonymanu
08-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Oh and to be on topic, I rather see both teams lose.

Cane
08-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Lakers won't get out of the West anyway so rooting against 'em is pointless :stirpot:

SouthTexasRancher
08-08-2010, 08:07 PM
If'n you're talking about the playoffs, specifically the NBA Finals, there is absolutely, positively, nary a reason in the world for one to concern themselves about such fiction. It is already in the book of knowledge that it will be the Spurs vs. the Celtics in a 7 game thriller.

And of course the Spurs walk away with Trophy # 5...! :ihit :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::toast

SpursDynasty
08-08-2010, 08:10 PM
The Lakers don't win the 2009 and 2010 championships if Yao and Perkins play in those Game 7's, I don't see the Lakers being a factor in the playoffs next year.

21_Blessings
08-08-2010, 08:39 PM
The Lakers don't win the 2009 and 2010 championships if Yao and Perkins play in those Game 7's, I don't see the Lakers being a factor in the playoffs next year.

sup dawg. :bking

EIC
08-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Count me in for rooting for the Lakers to lose.

1) Not a big fan of Kobe and the Magnetic Euro-Trash

2) I think the anti-Lebron hate is being blown WAY out of proportion. LMAO at people saying he "betrayed" the Cavs.

3) I like D-Wade and Big Z a lot.

MiamiHeat
08-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Be honest.

Your time is over.

Get ready to be sent back to irrelevancy.

Kobe's 32 or 33?, windows closed now. Heat will dominate from here on out, Kobe will retire or become even more useless than he is now (against real defenses), and Gasol will be the main centerpiece.

Welcome Los Angeles, you will now become the next Memphis Grizzlies.

Darrin
08-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Be honest.

Not me. I just don't think the Lakers have another run in them.

Spursfan092120
08-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Honestly...I respect LA...have nothing against them...got a hell of a rivalry with them, but they're a good team. I hate what Miami has done (All Star team mentality). If it ends up Miami and LA in the Finals, I'll be cheering for the Purple and Gold. Love to see Kobe put Lebron in his place.

TIMMYtoZO
08-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Not me. I just don't think the Lakers have another run in them.

What a dumbass comment. :rolleyes

HarlemHeat37
08-08-2010, 10:43 PM
So which Laker fan made TimmytoZo?..an outsider?..

TIMMYtoZO
08-08-2010, 10:47 PM
So which Laker fan made TimmytoZo?..an outsider?..

So to say the Lakers won't be in the thick of things yet again isn't a dumbass comment?

That's like saying the Pistons will be a playoff team.

MiamiHeat
08-08-2010, 11:01 PM
So to say the Lakers won't be in the thick of things yet again isn't a dumbass comment?

That's like saying the Pistons will be a playoff team.

He's asking how you came to show up on the boards after LeBron to Miami

Lots of trolls around

TIMMYtoZO
08-08-2010, 11:34 PM
He's asking how you came to show up on the boards after LeBron to Miami

Lots of trolls around

Someone on the ESPN Miami Heat message boards brought up this site. I checked it out and it grew on me. I might have joined this board recently, but I have been following the heat for 15 years and counting. My favorite heat duo was Timmy Hardaway and Zo. ZO is my all time favorite heat player.

21_Blessings
08-08-2010, 11:46 PM
^ :lmao post Lebron/Wade/Bosh Heat fan

Bito Corleone
08-08-2010, 11:46 PM

I'll give you this. He's one of the most talented guys to ever play the game. Other than that, what is there to like? He parades around on the sidelines like he owns the league when he hasn't accomplished anything. He may not have directly said anything bad about his teammates, but he has consistently referred to them as "my supporting cast." He quits on his own team. He's a narcissistic douche bag who refers to himself in the 3rd person...should I keep going?

Bito Corleone
08-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Honestly...I respect LA...have nothing against them...got a hell of a rivalry with them, but they're a good team. I hate what Miami has done (All Star team mentality). If it ends up Miami and LA in the Finals, I'll be cheering for the Purple and Gold. Love to see Kobe put Lebron in his place.

This.

Leonard Curse
08-09-2010, 01:44 AM
as an honest spurs fan i'd be rooting for the dumb ass flake show just so i could see lebrons reaction afterward hahah i think hell start biting his nails once they get their ass whooped by anyone for that matter

Leonard Curse
08-09-2010, 01:48 AM
I'll give you this. He's one of the most talented guys to ever play the game. Other than that, what is there to like? He parades around on the sidelines like he owns the league when he hasn't accomplished anything. He may not have directly said anything bad about his teammates, but he has consistently referred to them as "my supporting cast." He quits on his own team. He's a narcissistic douche bag who refers to himself in the 3rd person...should I keep going?
:toast well said, that pretty much sums lebroom up

LkrFan
08-09-2010, 02:46 AM
Lets be honest here; how many Laker fans are rooting for LA to win so that MIA does not?
WTF is that supposed to mean? Of course Laker fans want the Lakers to win. Am I missing something?

GovernmentMan
08-09-2010, 03:37 AM
I'd rather accept France as an actual country then rooting for the superfriends...

I don't get this. How is France not a country. It's not some random podunk country but one of the most storied and influential countries of all time

spursfan1000
08-09-2010, 08:04 AM
I would rather Kobe win a ring then Lebron.

TheManFromAcme
08-09-2010, 08:16 AM
I don't get this. How is France not a country. It's not some random podunk country but one of the most storied and influential countries of all time

See WW2 and the cowardice that was/is Charles De Gaulle.
Storied country my a$$. :rolleyes

Basketball Jones
08-09-2010, 09:01 AM
I'll be rooting against Miami all season long and will orgasm when they are knocked out of the playoffs.

Killakobe81
08-09-2010, 09:10 AM

But Lebron does it for the kids ...
He is so UNSELFISH on the court ...
That "chosen one" tatoo he did not get GOD himself embedded the mark in his skin so we would all know he is destined for greatness ...

LOL

We all have players we like or despise for our own reasons. But for people to question why Lebron gets hate is just as silly as a Laker fan asking why kobe does.

TBH i don't get why some don't like duncan. i know some laker, Mavs and Suns fans that don't ... but I don't get why but i respect their rhight to do so.
The only thing duncan does that bugs me is the "who me looks" on foul calls. But BOTH Kobe and magic (My 2 favorite players all-time) do yelps and screams to draw attention to fouls when they drive to the hoop ...i understand how that is annoying ...and Kobe has a HUGE ego ...

Spur_Fanatic
08-09-2010, 11:13 AM
I will never root for the lakers. If it came down to Team Afghanistan vs the Lakers I would pull for team afghanistan. Yeah count me in to wanting to see the Heat just run roughshod all over the lakers.

Same here.

Strangely enough, ever since Kobe's legal problems, I've been hatin' on the Lakers, even though I used to be way more neutral with them (except Shaq, I've hated Shaq since the very start).

alamo50
08-09-2010, 11:14 AM
+1

picc84
08-09-2010, 11:57 AM
This place is going to be epic when LA wins #17 next summer.

May not even be over the Heat, who might not even get past Boston.

TheManFromAcme
08-09-2010, 12:17 PM

Wow. Pretty revealing if you ask me.

Fortunately for you the insurgency known as the Miami Heat will be kept at bay.

:toast

JMarkJohns
08-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Opposite

TheManFromAcme
08-09-2010, 12:20 PM
This place is going to be epic when LA wins #17 next summer.

May not even be over the Heat, who might not even get past Boston.

Yup.
Seen this pattern way to many times with the Lakeshow haters. Saw it in '87 when nobody believed LA would repeat. Saw it in the early '00s when nobody believed they would repeat and again when they were going for the 3 peat. The nay sayers kept and insisted on nay-saying.

Now here we are and they still doubt it.
tsk, tsk....history can be a harsh teacher.

lefty
08-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Be honest.
I will

SanAntonioHeat
08-09-2010, 01:05 PM
this thread owns. Makes it easier for me to recruit SA HEAT FANS.

post "add me" to be a member!

HarlemHeat37
08-09-2010, 01:15 PM
:lol Where do Laker fans always come up with the revisionist history about "doubters"?..

Everybody picked the Lakers to win titles during the 3-peat years, other than 2002, where they arguably would have lost without the game 6 officiating anyways..I don't understand where these "doubters" come from..everybody picked them to win in 2004..all the ESPN "analysts" picked them to beat Boston in 2008..they were the favorites to win in 2009 and 2010..

SomeCallMeTim
08-09-2010, 01:26 PM

I think, by definition, Lakerfan roots for LA to win while MIA does not, along with 28 other teams.

SomeCallMeTim
08-09-2010, 01:34 PM
:lol Where do Laker fans always come up with the revisionist history about "doubters"?..

Everybody picked the Lakers to win titles during the 3-peat years, other than 2002, where they arguably would have lost without the game 6 officiating anyways..I don't understand where these "doubters" come from..everybody picked them to win in 2004..all the ESPN "analysts" picked them to beat Boston in 2008..they were the favorites to win in 2009 and 2010..

I think it's fair to say the Lakers were not preseason favorites in 2000 or 2009. They were not the favorites heading into the playoffs in 2001 or 2010, either. So in 4 of 5 titles they won they were at key times not favored to win it all.

Ironically, the 2002 team -- which came the closest to knocked out -- was the only one I think that was considered the favorite preseason through the start of each series in the playoffs though I am sure you can find plenty of people who picked the Kings to knock them off.

Even more ironically, the one team that was considered a "lock" (the 2004 team) of course ended up crashing and burning.

Honestly, who cares? Each of those teams had a lot to prove. People read way too much into the "disrespect" given to teams who aren't universally lauded as the greatest from day 1.

picc84
08-09-2010, 01:44 PM
I think, by definition, Lakerfan roots for LA to win while MIA does not, along with 28 other teams.

I just glossed over that and chuckled, as if Laker fans wouldn't be rooting for LA if not for the cHeat existing. :lol

HarlemHeat37
08-09-2010, 01:45 PM
That's obviously not what he meant..

Killakobe81
08-09-2010, 03:27 PM

2010 definitely not many guys not just Hollinger picked the Cavs ...
2009 Celts and lakers were BOTH favorites you can find many that supported both teams
2008 Pre-season hell no the Lakers were NOT the faves but after the Gasol trade and we put the smash on San Antonio in the WCF EVERYONe in the media jumped on ...
2000 We had our supporters but MANY were on the Blazers bandwagon
2001 I think we were favorites by most
2002 Sacramento was the favorite
2003 Spurs and Lakers
2004 Lakers by a long-shot but that faith was misguided ...

nalysts don't know jackshit ...BUT vegas does have miami as the favorites so that is more legit ...

Killakobe81
08-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Quick scan of ESPN in 2008

only 4 of 12 picked Celts in the pre-season to EVEN win the EAST ...
8 of their guys picked Chicago even if they did NOT get Kobe in a trade at ASB ...
and 6 picked the Pistons ...how did THAT work out?

No one picked the lakers in the West (pre-Gasol trade)
Most of their analysts picked suns or Spusr to win the West ...followed by Dallas

I could do the same for every year but the point made is pre-season means nada ...

Chicago imploded.
Manu was hurt.
Gasol trade.
Pistons got old.
Dirk went limp.
Celts smashed L.A. in the Finals ....

no one predicted what would happen in 2008 ...

HarlemHeat37
08-09-2010, 03:43 PM
I don't care about what analysts pick or about the favorites..I just brought it up in response to TheManFromAcme's post..

TheMACHINE
08-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Miami is going to go 82-0 and lose in the 2nd round.

Brazil
08-09-2010, 05:10 PM

:lol De Gaulle cowardice... didn't know

France not a country :lol laker fan :lol

GovernmentMan
08-09-2010, 05:51 PM

so one or two events or people suddenly changes things. wtf do you even know what storied means? go to any bookstore and library and see what country's history and people are among the most highly represented

it's amazing how myopic some americans are

Killakobe81
08-09-2010, 05:54 PM
so one or two events or people suddenly changes things. wtf do you even know what storied means? go to any bookstore and library and see what country's history and people are among the most highly represented

it's amazing how myopic some americans are

Americans are not myopic ... they just belive there is :

1. U.S
6. Rest of the world ...

Most know there is a big world out there but care less those are just places to visit ...

And I'm a Belizean American ....just being honest ...

HarlemHeat37
08-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Don't group the rest of us with Laker fans, they're a sad breed that we don't approve of..I love France, I went last Summer, beautiful country..

Killakobe81
08-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Don't group the rest of us with Laker fans, they're a sad breed that we don't approve of..I love France, I went last Summer, beautiful country..

I meant MOST americans and are you kidding me ...have you ever been to Texas? In texas it's:

1. Texas
2. The rest of the so called Union ...
5. Rest of the world.

I am not saying I agree but most americans believe that rest of the world is second rate or third world ...

Go to another country and ask them what they think of americans ...

And not trying to start a political debate here ...

But I was born in Brooklyn raised in Cali and now live in Texas ...

Been to: France, Belize, Mexico, India and England among others ...

Bito Corleone
08-09-2010, 11:05 PM
I meant MOST americans and are you kidding me ...have you ever been to Texas? In texas it's:

1. Texas
5. Rest of the world.

You're God damn right

Spursfan092120
08-09-2010, 11:16 PM

1. Texas
5. Rest of the world.

We're the only state that was once a country...we're the only flag that can be (although shouldn't be) flown at the same level as the American flag...just sayin...

SouthTexasRancher
08-09-2010, 11:35 PM
We're the only state that was once a country...we're the only flag that can be (although shouldn't be) flown at the same level as the American flag...just sayin...

After all it is THE United States of TEXAS...! :toast

TheManFromAcme
08-10-2010, 10:58 AM
All of you France lovers can kiss my a$$. :jack
Hate France and will always hate France for reasons that I must admit, must be discussed in other forums.

Move along now.

Venti Quattro
08-10-2010, 11:21 AM
france can't even defend themselves. LOL

TheManFromAcme
08-10-2010, 11:35 AM

:toast

you get it....

TinTin
08-10-2010, 11:58 AM

Explain

TheManFromAcme
08-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Don't explain Venti. Just leave it as it is. Simple, yet resounding comment.
France is.....well, France. Nothing more needs to be said.

Josepatches_
08-10-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm just rooting for Lakers to lose. IDC who beats them, I just want them to lose. I hate most of their fans!

TinTin
08-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Don't explain Venti. Just leave it as it is. Simple, yet resounding comment.
France is.....well, France. Nothing more needs to be said.

It is a simple and senseless statement backed up by stereotypes and fiction. Nothing really more to be said

SanAntonioSpurs23
08-11-2010, 04:50 AM
I can't stand either team, but honestly I have seen Kobe get multiple rings and it wouldn't be as painful as Lebroom getting one.

Anyone but the Heat or Lakers and if it comes
down to those two..... I guess I'll go with LA.

TheManFromAcme
08-11-2010, 06:36 AM
It is a simple and senseless statement backed up by stereotypes and fiction. Nothing really more to be said

...it's still France

mystargtr34
08-11-2010, 06:39 AM
I root against anyone playing the Lakers... so its not really directly because of the Heat... but if the Spurs dont win... i will be rooting for the Heat to win it all.

Seems to be alot of hate so hopefully they can shut some ppl up.

21_Blessings
08-11-2010, 06:54 AM
:nope

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/Firstbearflag.jpg

TheManFromAcme
08-11-2010, 07:00 AM
:nope

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/Firstbearflag.jpg

:tu

daslicer
08-11-2010, 07:34 AM
I can't stand either team, but honestly I have seen Kobe get multiple rings and it wouldn't be as painful as Lebroom getting one.

Anyone but the Heat or Lakers and if it comes
down to those two..... I guess I'll go with LA.

I really don't understand why spur fans would ever root for the Lakers. I can understand hating Lebron and his antics to the point you want to see him fail thats understandable. If you hate both Lebron or the Lakers how about not rooting for either entity if it comes down to it. I shake my head in bemusement considering the Lakers talked a lot of shit about the spurs especially Kobe during the early 00's calling them asterisk champs and laughing their asses off at the spurs in '01 and '02. I wonder how old some of these fans are who would pull for the lakers in this scenario must be below 20 years old. If not then I ask would you guys also have rooted for the Jazz back in the day against the bulls. In my case the Lakers are much more easier to hate then those 90 jazz teams.

Also watch these videos and then ask yourself if you can pull yourself to root for the lakers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmJxYEhuDew&feature=related

Fast forward this video to 52 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyo87XV2sd4&feature=related

Fast forward to 2:30

Obstructed_View
08-11-2010, 11:04 AM
I'd probably root for the Lakers before I rooted for the Heat.