PDA

View Full Version : Stephen McGee

BUMP
08-08-2010, 09:26 PM
I think he looks pretty good for a 3rd stringer.

jag
08-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Go A&M

Spursfan092120
08-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Should be the backup tbh

DesignatedT
08-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Looked solid out there tonight.

SpursTillTheEnd
08-08-2010, 10:22 PM
yall fucking trippin mcgee fucking sucks oh well atleast hes better than kitna

Thompson
08-09-2010, 01:53 AM
I think McGee will improve a bit as the preseason continues.

bigdog
08-09-2010, 04:24 AM
McGee was working with the 3rd string O-Line therefore he didn't look as good as he should have. He was running around all over the place out there and even with those 4 sacks, he looked under control and focused for the most part. I like Kitna, but McGee can play.

LoneStarState'sPride
08-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Gig 'Em, McGee!

BlackSwordsMan
08-09-2010, 12:33 PM
when is the cowboys next game bump

Blake
08-09-2010, 02:32 PM
sad that he wasted his time and talent at A&M

Canibspur
08-09-2010, 02:58 PM
when is the cowboys next game Canibspur

This Thursday at home against the Raiders. The Jason Campbell led Raiders.

SpuronyourFace
08-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Oh, Geez guys. Lets be honest with ourselves. McGee sucks. He will not be a future starter in this league, or carry the mantle after Romo. Maybe he'll progress and become a backup QB in this league, but that is about it.

Nothing spectacular about him.

Spursfan092120
08-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Oh, Geez guys. Lets be honest with ourselves. McGee sucks. He will not be a future starter in this league, or carry the mantle after Romo. Maybe he'll progress and become a backup QB in this league, but that is about it.

You don't have to be spectacular to be better than Kitna at this point. No one's crowning him...just saying he's better than our current backup..

SpuronyourFace
08-09-2010, 11:48 PM
You don't have to be spectacular to be better than Kitna at this point. No one's crowning him...just saying he's better than our current backup..

No he's not. Case in point...

Kitna...84 QB rating last night

McGee...69 QB rating last night

Kitna played against some first stingers aswell.

McGee played pretty much against the scrubs of the Bengals.

Kitna>>>>>McGee

LoneStarState'sPride
08-10-2010, 12:10 AM

Yeah, and there was nothing spectacular about Romo or Brady coming out of college, either. Everybody assumed they'd be career-long backups as well. I'm not saying he'll ever get close to their accomplishments, or even succeed Romo, but I'd say he looked pretty damn good for not having played in so long, and the more reps he gets, the better--his work ethic is off the charts.

Say what you want about the Cowboys, but I'm gonna stick up for my boy McGee--he went to the same college at A&M that I'm in, after all :lol

SpuronyourFace
08-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Yeah, and there was nothing spectacular about Romo or Brady coming out of college, either. Everybody assumed they'd be career-long backups as well. I'm not saying he'll ever get close to their accomplishments, or even succeed Romo, but I'd say he looked pretty damn good for not having played in so long, and the more reps he gets, the better--his work ethic is off the charts.

Say what you want about the Cowboys, but I'm gonna stick up for my boy McGee--he went to the same college at A&M that I'm in, after all :lol

Dude, Im a life long Cowboys fan. But I don't blindly support a 69 QB rating even if the player wears a star on his helmet. I'm just being real about it.

I understand wanting to support players from the college you went to. Hell, I do it too, so I get that....But saying "he looked pretty damn good" is just a stretch bro. He was hardly impressive..:lol

He'll be given every opportunity to show some progression each and every game this pre-season, his second season. So he better show some something.....As a Cowboys fan, I want him to succeed. I don't think he will, but I want him to.

LoneStarState'sPride
08-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Dude, Im a life long Cowboys fan. But I don't blindly support a 69 QB rating even if the player wears a star on his helmet. I'm just being real about it.

I understand wanting to support players from the college you went to. Hell, I do it too, so I get that....But saying "he looked pretty damn good" is just a stretch bro. He was hardly impressive..:lol

He'll be given every opportunity to show some progression each and every game this pre-season, his second season. So he better show some something.....As a Cowboys fan, I want him to succeed. I don't think he will, but I want him to.

I believe the full quote was, "He looked pretty damn good for not having played in so long," (he got hurt and missed the last couple games of last preseason and hadn't played a down in the interim), but it's all good--just two lifelong Cowboys fans hoping he succeeds. Keep on keeping it real!

8FOR!3
08-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Stephen McGee has some potential, but he's got a long way to go still and a lot to learn. I think he has an NFL release, but he stays in the pocket or scrambles too long, whichever he chooses to do. Needs to get rid of the ball quicker, likes to shuffle his feet a little too much. He's going to have to use his good mobility differently than he did in college and that's something that he'll have to learn.

LoneStarState'sPride
08-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Stephen McGee has some potential, but he's got a long way to go still and a lot to learn. I think he has an NFL release, but he stays in the pocket or scrambles too long, whichever he chooses to do. Needs to get rid of the ball quicker, likes to shuffle his feet a little too much. He's going to have to use his good mobility differently than he did in college and that's something that he'll have to learn.

I agree. Then again, playing in Franchione's system at A&M would give even the best QB happy feet--he spent half of his time in College Station running for his life :lol. He does have a good arm, though, and he's a tough sonuvabitch under center. Glad they finally taught that boy how to slide lol.

SpursTillTheEnd
08-11-2010, 07:59 PM
mcgee is horrible i still don't see why jerry jones taked these damn texas a&m players who will never do shit but suck in the nfl. mcgee didnt even start on his own team in college. a&m players fucking suck

Fpoonsie
08-12-2010, 11:42 PM
mcgee is horrible i still don't see why jerry jones taked these damn texas a&m players who will never do shit but suck in the nfl. mcgee didnt even start on his own team in college. a&m players fucking suck

lol Baylor

lol acting black doing nothing for your tiny penis like you'd hoped