PDA

View Full Version : If you would put team's chances to win the title in the 2010/2011 season into %...

Kamnik
08-09-2010, 04:11 AM
How do you do it?

My prediction:

-Lakers 37%
-Heat 27%
-Thunder 10%
-Celtics 6%
-San Antonio 5%
-Orlando 4%
-Bucks 3%
-Bulls 3%
-All the others combined 5%

Explanation:

I don't give Atlanta any chance because they are a failure of a franchise in my eyes even though they win a decent amount of games each year.

The team I like and could go under the radar is the Houston Rockets. If by some miracle Yao would be healthy before and coming the playoff time and with a trade or two they could be a really good team around the Chinese Wall. :toast

Another team that could be really good if they are lucky health wise and with the development and trades are the Bucks. Pretty much the only team in the east I somewhat cheer for.

Kamnik
08-09-2010, 04:16 AM
And please don't come flying in with conspiracy theories because we are mostly fed up with them. If the NBA would be rigged SA-DET finals couldn't happen in a million years.

So please, leave them out for once.

Bito Corleone
08-09-2010, 04:54 AM
There is no way the Thunder have anywhere close to a 10% chance of winning the championship. They will be a great regular season team next year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull off a top 4 seed in the west, but they are too young and inexperienced to do any real damage in the playoffs.

TE
08-09-2010, 05:32 AM
And please don't come flying in with conspiracy theories because we are mostly fed up with them. If the NBA would be rigged SA-DET finals couldn't happen in a million years.

So please, leave them out for once.

The finals matchup you speak of occurred because of how ridiculously good both the Spurs and Pistons were during that year. The reason why these fucks (conspirators) frequently tie conspiracy to an explained answer to why the NBA attempts to market the best possible finals matchup is because of how marketable and glaring are the potential matchups. Given that we now have two teams with immense talent, the conspirators might as well start a school of their own for purposes of training future conspirators.

I tell ya, these next couple of years we are going to see a couple of heat-lakers finals...

get ready for the ride son.

spursfan1000
08-09-2010, 06:32 AM
idk the percentages but this are my rankings in which I think their chances are

1. Lakers
2.Celtics
3.Heat
4.rest of nba

eisfeld
08-09-2010, 06:50 AM
#1 Lakers - They are the defending champ, had a good offseason and should therefore be the favorites. - About 33%

#2 Heat - Will be the favorites for many, but they haven't won a single game together - might change throughout the season - right now they have no right to be ranked on top - About 30 %

#3 Celtics - Made it to the Finals last season - had a good offseason and despite age, they are still a very good team - About 10 %

#4,5,6 in any order: Spurs - solid offseason, development, Mavs - solid offseason - development of the youngsters, Thunder - are a solid big away from being a contender, let's see how Aldrich turns out - about 5% each

#7,8 Magic - bad offseason, should be a bit worse than last season, Bulls - good offseason - about 4% each

#9, 10 Rockets - When Yao is healthy this team can be scary, Blazers - depending on health - about 2 % each

JamStone
08-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Lakers 30%
Heat 30%
Celtics 25%
Magic 5%
Spurs 3%
Thunder 2%
Mavericks 2%
Bulls 1%

Other 2%

Killakobe81
08-09-2010, 08:59 AM
I say
Lakers 25%
Heat 25%
Celtics 15%
Magic 10%
Spurs 5%
Mavs 5%

Others I give 1% to: Jazz, Bulls, Thunder, Rockets, Blazers and Nuggets

I love OKC (i keep teling EVERYONE their FUTURE is brighter than the Blazers) but you guys saying 20% or other crazy numbers I just don't see it.
When in THIS legaue has a team that YOUNG won a title? At least he Heat added some vets and have some that have won titles to their core ...

The thunder have scarce veteran leaders and as good as Durant is, hard to win a title without SOMEONE playing at a Kobe, MJ, duncan, Shaq level.
Yes, it has been done by the Pistons and the Celts in the past decade but those are the anomalies not the norm. and who believes the Thunder are ready NEXt year to make THAT kind of run? and those 2 teams without the megastar won with veteran leadership.

Look most on here love Kevin durant, as a budding superstar he appears to have some of the gifts of lebron and kobe with LESS ego ... but OKC is way overrated IMHO.
I think a top 4 west seed is their next step ...and if hey can win the division even a WCF is POSSIBLE if the matchups break right.

But I would NOT pick them over the Lakers, Mavs or Spurs in a WCF ...and maybe even Denver could beat them as well ...

Giuseppe
08-09-2010, 09:32 AM
I say
Suns O & 43!

tlongII
08-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Blazers - 40%
Lakers - 30%
Heat - 30%

No other team has a chance this season.

Sportcamper
08-09-2010, 10:31 AM
A healthy Blazer team (if that ever happens) would be right at the top…

I rate the Heat #2 simply because they have LeBron…Bosh & Wade don’t exactly invoke fear in players….

What happened to Orlando & the Cletics? Are they not great anymore?

SomeCallMeTim
08-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Heat 45%
Lakers 25%
Bulls 5%
Magic 5%
C's 5%
Spurs 5%
the rest 10%

hater
08-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Spurs 7%