PDA

View Full Version : Oblunder visiting the great state of Texas today.

jack sommerset
08-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Bill White is excited.

WASHINGTON – Texas has mainly provided a thorn in Barack Obama's side. The governor taunts him. The senators defy him. He lost the state by nearly 1 million votes in 2008.

When the president lands today to raise campaign cash in Austin and Dallas, even the Democratic nominee for governor will make himself scarce.

Yet many Texas Democrats are thrilled. Some are encouraging Obama to take the party's Bush-bashing theme to a new level, by pressing the case against the former president's policies on his home turf. Others are simply grateful for the rare attention, even though most of the money Obama raises will help out-of-state candidates.

But the political realities for Texas Democrats are stark – in part because backlash against Obama and his policies has fueled Republican energy. Democrats had hoped for years that by 2010, demographic shifts would help them regain a statewide office or reclaim the state House, but both goals remain major challenges.

Then Obama will head to the Four Seasons, to headline a Democratic National Committee luncheon expected to raise $750,000 to $1 million. Tickets start at $5,000 per couple.

The Texas party will get $250,000 of the take – a somewhat unusual arrangement. For years, Texas Democrats have grumbled that national party officials swoop in, woo donors, and leave without doing much in return.

"The president's just using Texas for an ATM machine," said Texas Sen. John Cornyn, who heads the Republicans' Senate campaign push nationally. "People need to recognize it for what it is."

jack sommerset
08-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Barry is scheduled to speak at the University of Texas at Austin Monday at 2 p.m. You douchebags have a chance to worship in person.

jack sommerset
08-09-2010, 10:35 AM
LOL

The Republican Party of Dallas County is holding a rally in response to the president's visit. The Freedom Rally will begin at 5 p.m. Due to the large expected crowd, the rally was moved to Franklin Stadium off Hillcrest Road

I may stop by there tonight.

coyotes_geek
08-09-2010, 10:35 AM
:wakeup

George Gervin's Afro
08-09-2010, 10:47 AM
have fun jack..:lmao

Spurminator
08-09-2010, 10:49 AM
"The president's just using Texas for an ATM machine," said Texas Sen. John Cornyn, who heads the Republicans' Senate campaign push nationally. "People need to recognize it for what it is."

Unprecedented!

Cornyn is such a clown, it's insulting. Texas' collective IQ takes a hit every time he is quoted in the press.

jack sommerset
08-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Unprecedented!

Cornyn is such a clown, it's insulting. Texas' collective IQ takes a hit every time he is quoted in the press.

It is what it is. Barry is having a private ATM withdrawl in Dallas after his Austin speech at some lawyers house in Lake Highlands. Then Barry will not come back to Texas probably ever agian.

Spurminator
08-09-2010, 11:36 AM
So he's doing fund-raising. Unprecedented!

George Gervin's Afro
08-09-2010, 11:59 AM
It is what it is. Barry is having a private ATM withdrawl in Dallas after his Austin speech at some lawyers house in Lake Highlands. Then Barry will not come back to Texas probably ever agian.

Texas is a lost cause..it's the smart thing to do dummy

coyotes_geek
08-09-2010, 12:57 PM
http://media2.myfoxaustin.com//photo/2010/08/09/perryandobama_20100809121850_640_480.JPG

They look very excited to see each other.

spursncowboys
08-09-2010, 01:05 PM
maybe if barry didn't campaign against continuous campaigning...

George Gervin's Afro
08-09-2010, 01:14 PM
maybe if barry didn't campaign against continuous campaigning...

you are a talking point poster..

TeyshaBlue
08-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Unprecedented!

Only matched by the lunacy that is Pete Sessions.

CosmicCowboy
08-09-2010, 01:38 PM
you are a talking point poster..

http://www.zoneshot.com/server/dg/pot-kettle-black.jpg

hater
08-09-2010, 01:47 PM
how dare he!

impeach him!

Blake
08-09-2010, 02:11 PM
LOL

The Republican Party of Dallas County is holding a rally in response to the president's visit. The Freedom Rally will begin at 5 p.m. Due to the large expected crowd, the rally was moved to Franklin Stadium off Hillcrest Road

Does this rally involve the use of white hoods?

George Gervin's Afro
08-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Did he pay for his trip?

ChumpDumper
08-09-2010, 02:42 PM
The Four Seasons?

He should have to go to Super 8 like the rest of us!

The Telegraph UK is going to have a field day with this one!

Nbadan
08-09-2010, 02:48 PM
.....will someone think of the children?

...hide...yo white women!

LnGrrrR
08-09-2010, 02:57 PM
The Four Seasons?

He should have to go to Super 8 like the rest of us!

The Telegraph UK is going to have a field day with this one!

:lmao

DMX7
08-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Who does this guy think he is, President of the United States?

baseline bum
08-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Unprecedented!

Every time that prick tries to play mr hard-core free-market evangelist, I think back to the time he emailed me (and thousands of others who were pissed) a letter singing the virtues of the bank bailouts. Cornyn is a disgusting person and one of the biggest hypocrites in Washington, which is saying a lot.

DMX7
08-09-2010, 03:14 PM
John Cornyn is a parasite.

Parker2112
08-09-2010, 03:17 PM
And to think this dude was Chief justice of the TX Supreme Court.

We are in good hands here in the lone star state, I tell you.

Did anyone else know that we have an all-repug Supreme Court?

jack sommerset
08-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Barry hauled in 1.6 million dollars in 6 hours. Nice little withdraw. He also reminded everyone it's Bush's fault and he (barry) has 3 months to campaign: "We have spent the last 20 months governing. They have spent the last 20 months politicking. We can politick for three months. They've forgotten I can politick pretty good."

Yea, Blame Bush! That ship has sailed.

ElNono
08-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Barry hauled in 1.6 million dollars in 6 hours. Nice little withdraw. He also reminded everyone it's Bush's fault and he (barry) has 3 months to campaign: "We have spent the last 20 months governing. They have spent the last 20 months politicking. We can politick for three months. They've forgotten I can politick pretty good."

Who are you talking to, jack?

jack sommerset
08-09-2010, 09:06 PM
http://media2.myfoxaustin.com//photo/2010/08/09/perryandobama_20100809121850_640_480.JPG

They look very excited to see each other.

LOL....Perry tried to give Barry a letter on illegals.

Wild Cobra
08-09-2010, 09:07 PM

No kidding.

I guess they think they have a better chance winning against Bush in 2010 than the actual challengers.

Someone needs to tell them that bush isn't on any of the ballots. they are destine to get republicans elected that way.

jack sommerset
08-09-2010, 09:29 PM
It's ashame that barry has spent about a day in Texas his whole life and Bill White is scared to be seen with the president for his short little visit today.

ChumpDumper
08-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Why is that a shame to you, jack?

Why do you care?

Winehole23
08-09-2010, 11:26 PM
It's ashame that barry has spent about a day in Texas his whole life and Bill White is scared to be seen with the president for his short little visit today.Of what benefit would it be to Bill White to be seen with Obama in Texas?

Jacob1983
08-10-2010, 12:36 AM
How many times did Barry visit Texas during 2008? And how many times has he visited Texas since he's been president?

DMX7
08-10-2010, 03:33 AM
Rick must have had to cancel his daytime manicure and hair salon appointments. :(

boutons_deux
08-10-2010, 04:24 AM
"Yea, Blame Bush! That ship has sailed."

yep, blame dubya, dichkhead, Repugs, conservatives.

two botched, bogus wars.

out-of-control, deregulated, unpoliced Wall St and corporations.

ALL dubya and friends fault.

Repugs are campaigning by betting on the severe amnesia and stupidity of the American voter. An excellent bet.

Chomag
08-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Man, did Obama have anything else to say yesterday other then to blame bush for everything?

Man, it's kind of getting old...

I just wonder when the Prez will realize that he has been in office for about the last 2 years.

coyotes_geek
08-10-2010, 09:28 AM
How many times did Barry visit Texas during 2008? And how many times has he visited Texas since he's been president?

During the democratic primary wasn't one of his debates against Hillary in Austin? I know at the very least he visited the state then.

As prez, I beleive this is his second trip to Texas. He visited Texas A&M to speak at the Bush library.

jack sommerset
08-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Does anyone think Bill White or any Dem will get money Obama collected during his 6 hour stint in Texas? ATM WITHDRAWAL!

ChumpDumper
08-11-2010, 04:05 AM
Does anyone think Bill White or any Dem will get money Obama collected during his 6 hour stint in Texas? ATM WITHDRAWAL!Since it was a DNC fundraiser, other Democrats will definitely get money from this fundraiser.

Good job parroting the talking point, though. :tu

coyotes_geek
08-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Does anyone think Bill White or any Dem will get money Obama collected during his 6 hour stint in Texas? ATM WITHDRAWAL!

From the original article..........which you posted btw.

The Texas party will get $250,000 of the take

TeyshaBlue
08-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Here's my take on President Obama's visit. Obama had a golden opportunity to do something really good and get some decent press on a hotbutton issue. But, Obama's handlers boned it again. He has, unquestionably, the worst handlers I've ever seen. The dude is a frickin' Einstein compared to W, but Obama's handlers continue to make him look like Alfred E. Newman. I totally dont get it.:bang

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2010/08/i_got_a_call_by.php#more

fraga
08-11-2010, 09:28 AM
LOL

Don't forget your hood...

Wild Cobra
08-11-2010, 08:33 PM
How much money did they lose at that fundraiser anyway?

Surly it had to cost more than they made.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2010, 08:52 PM

Surly it had to cost more than they made.http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/550639-surlyduff_large.jpg

jack sommerset
08-11-2010, 09:01 PM

Surly it had to cost more than they made.

Barry didn't lose anything. That assclown that said Texas was a quick ATM stop for Barry was dead on.

Chump. I am not talking about ass-to-mouth you goddamn sick motherfucker. I am talking ATM money machine you dirty freaky fuck.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Barry didn't lose anything. That assclown that said Texas was a quick ATM stop for Barry was dead on.

Chump. I am not talking about ass-to-mouth you goddamn sick motherfucker. I am talking ATM money machine you dirty freaky fuck.i was also talking about money.

Texas and other Democrats made money from this.

You were wrong.

The talking point you were parroting because you can't think for yourself was wrong.

Commence whining and name calling.