PDA

View Full Version : Bonner Hoping To Play For Team Canada

chrisrod2008
08-10-2010, 09:20 AM
I hope he plays and breaks both ankles so Blair, Tiago and McDyess if we re-sign him get his playing time.

Bonner Hoping To Play For Team Canada (http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68616/20100810/bonner_hoping_to_play_for_team_canada/)

Aug 10, 2010 8:00 AM EST
http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Bonner_Matt_san.jpg Spurs forward Matt Bonner is trying to become a Canadian citizen before this month's World Championships begin.
Bonner wants to play for Team Canada, but still has a major hurdle to clear.
"We've tried all that we could so far, we just hope that people realize that there's not too much time left, and that he would be unbelievable piece to add to this team," said Maurizio Gherardini, managing director of Canada Basketball.
"Matt is committed. Someone else, at this stage, probably would've given up."
The World Championships will begin Aug. 28 in Turkey.
Bonner's application was already rejected on what he and Canada Basketball felt were dubious grounds, according to a source.
A native of New Hampshire, Bonner is married to a Canadian and lives in Toronto from his days with the Raptors. He also has Canadian heritage on both sides of his family

Chomag
08-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Good for him ! Now can he stay there?

chrisrod2008
08-10-2010, 09:23 AM
LOL......we can only hope he gets trampled by a Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

lefty
08-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Yes !!!!!!!

Wait what?

cantthinkofanything
08-10-2010, 09:34 AM
It'll be real f'ing funny if he doesn't make the team.

Destro
08-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Nash to Bonner for 3!!!!

cantthinkofanything
08-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Phone call trancript from Matt Bonner, Spurs center to managing director of Canada Basketball, Maurizio Gherardini.

Bonner: Hey, I’m Matt Bonner, aka the Red Rocket. Ready and willing to dedicate my services to Team Canada.
Gherardini: The red what???? How did you get my number?
Bonner: I’m the starting center for the San Antonio Spurs.
Gherardini: Do you know Tim Duncan?
Bonner: I want to play in the world championships. I will help take Team Canada to the promised land. I can shoot really good at practice.
Gherardini (while Googling “Matt Bonner”): Hmmm. Well our team is pretty full right now. Can I call you back later?
Bonner: Also, I can dunk. Have you seen my YouTube video?
Gherardini (while watching YouTube video): No, I haven’t but I’ll check it out later and give you a call.
Bonner: By the way, the Spurs recently signed me to a multi year contract. I make millions of dollars.
Gherardini (Googling “Spurs players”): Whatever happened to Lloyd Daniels?
Bonner: I can’t wait to represent your great country in its original pastime of basketball.
Gherardini: Wait, are you even Canadian?
Bonner: My wife is.
Gherardini: Your wife is a whore. Goodbye.

CubanMustGo
08-10-2010, 09:50 AM

:td Totally uncalled for. Hate on Bonner if you must, but this is too much.

cantthinkofanything
08-10-2010, 10:03 AM
:td Totally uncalled for. Hate on Bonner if you must, but this is too much.

4 years at over 3.2 million per is too much.

SenorSpur
08-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Good for him ! Now can he stay there?

I have to admit that I was thinking the same thing. :lol

cantthinkofanything
08-10-2010, 11:43 AM
The people of Eatonville love to pass the time telling stories on the porch. One of their favorite topics is Matt Bonner's yellow mule. Lige Moss, Sam Watson, and Walter love to tease Matt for never feeding the mule and for working the mule too hard. Janie loves listening to the stories about the mule; sometimes she has her own funny comments to make but Joe forbids her from joining the conversation. Janie realizes that Joe loves to order her around. She hates the fact that he forces her to work in the store all day, forces her to tie her hair up, and becomes insanely jealous when other men look at her. One day, Matt Bonner's mule disappears. When the mule finally shows up in the center of town, the men who sit on the porch begin to torture it. First, Lum tackles the mule, then five or six other men begin to torment it. Janie feels bad for the mule; she wants to help it but doesn't want to get in trouble with Joe for speaking out. Joe hears her muttering words of sorrow under her breath and decides to do a noble thing. He pays five dollars for the ownership of the mule so that he can protect it from any further damage. Janie makes a little speech commending Joe for his noble actions and comparing him to Lincoln. The men of the community say that Janie is a brilliant orator. Joe, as usual, says nothing. He would rather that Janie had not spoken at all.

http://www.gradesaver.com/their-eyes-were-watching-god/study-guide/section2/

yavozerb
08-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Phone call trancript from Matt Bonner, Spurs center to managing director of Canada Basketball, Maurizio Gherardini.

Bonner: Hey, I’m Matt Bonner, aka the Red Rocket. Ready and willing to dedicate my services to Team Canada.
Gherardini: The red what???? How did you get my number?
Bonner: I’m the starting center for the San Antonio Spurs.
Gherardini: Do you know Tim Duncan?
Bonner: I want to play in the world championships. I will help take Team Canada to the promised land. I can shoot really good at practice.
Gherardini (while Googling “Matt Bonner”): Hmmm. Well our team is pretty full right now. Can I call you back later?
Bonner: Also, I can dunk. Have you seen my YouTube video?
Gherardini (while watching YouTube video): No, I haven’t but I’ll check it out later and give you a call.
Bonner: By the way, the Spurs recently signed me to a multi year contract. I make millions of dollars.
Gherardini (Googling “Spurs players”): Whatever happened to Lloyd Daniels?
Bonner: I can’t wait to represent your great country in its original pastime of basketball.

Was that supposed to be funny?

E-RockWill
08-10-2010, 12:01 PM
cantthinkofanything should start writing for the Express-Snooze.....maybe then he would stop posting this bullshit....

cantthinkofanything
08-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Was that supposed to be funny?

It was funny in my head. I kind of laughed while I was thinking about it but maybe it didn't translate to written word. I agree that the ending was pretty sorry but I can't edit my posts. Anyway sorry if it wasn't funny to you.

Drachen
08-10-2010, 12:18 PM
LOL......we can only hope he gets trampled by a Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

Or the Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen!

Just kidding, I like Matt Bonner as a situational forward, but the reference was too good to pass up.

Man In Black
08-10-2010, 12:26 PM
I agree that the ending was pretty sorry but I can't edit my posts.
Oh but you can, and you should. There this edit button on the bottom right, I use it all the time.

Plus the context of the conversation is completely wrong. Gherardini calls him an unbelievable piece to add to Team Canada. It should be between Immigration and Bonner.

cantthinkofanything
08-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Oh but you can, and you should. There this edit button on the bottom right, I use it all the time.

No, I can't. Kori disabled this feature as well as others from my account.

benefactor
08-10-2010, 12:30 PM
I hope he plays and breaks both ankles so Blair, Tiago and McDyess if we re-sign him get his playing time.

:nope

Man In Black
08-10-2010, 12:33 PM
No, I can't. Kori disabled this feature as well as others from my account.

So the ST Government smacked you down in an effort to help you help yourself and you failed that too?

WOW! Maybe you need to use notepad, read it, read it again, think about posting, think again, and then possibly, if it's good enough....then post it. Unless it's not.

Brazil
08-10-2010, 12:43 PM

:vomit:

ST reaching of new level of stupidity... and it's not even funny

GTFOH

chazley
08-11-2010, 04:49 AM
You guys need to loosen up... shit

210Max
08-11-2010, 04:58 AM
4 years at over 3.2 million per is too much.
:lol

FeZZy
08-11-2010, 05:22 AM
how cool

Darkwaters
08-11-2010, 07:26 AM
I wish I could find that clip from the Simpsons episode where Bart joins the Canadian basketball team:

Milhouse: I can't believe we're on the Canadian Olympic
basketball team.

Bart: Yep. It's just that easy! [He shoots. He misses]

Player: Wow, that was close. You can be the center.

Episode: "The Bart Wants What it Wants"

TDMVPDPOY
08-11-2010, 07:58 AM
lol clowns tryin to raise the bar

Sobe_Kucks
08-11-2010, 10:56 AM
If "he would be unbelievable piece to add to this team" that tells you just how bad Team Canada is. Native of New Hampshire but has a Candian wife? There's nationalism for you. Whatever Bonner...:rolleyes