PDA

View Full Version : Black murders 8 whites; media blames whites

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 09:34 AM
http://article.nationalreview.com/439016/black-murders-eight-whites-brmedia-blame-whites/dennis-prager?page=1

The title of this column seems unbelievable, but it is in fact what happened in America this past week. And almost no one has noticed.

After 50 years of being inundated with stories of white racism, and being taught in college that in this white-dominated society only a white can be a racist, the American public has been properly brainwashed into accepting the otherwise incredible: A black man murdered eight white people at his place of work because they were white, and the media story is about the murderer’s alleged experiences of racism.

Here’s the Associated Press report from August 7, four days after the murders. It was reprinted in the Washington Post and throughout America:

To those closest to him, Omar Thornton was caring, quiet and soft-spoken. . . . But underneath, Thornton seethed with a sense of racial injustice for years that culminated in a shooting rampage Tuesday in which the Connecticut man killed eight and wounded two others at his job at Hartford Distributors in Manchester before killing himself.

“I know what pushed him over the edge was all the racial stuff that was happening at work,” said his girlfriend, Kristi Hannah.

“He always felt like he was being discriminated [against] because he was black,” said Jessica Anne Brocuglio, his former girlfriend. “Basically they wouldn’t give him pay raises. He never felt like they accepted him as a hard working person.”

Thornton changed jobs a few times because he was not getting raises, Brocuglio said.

The New York Times’s August 3 headline read: “Troubles Preceded Connecticut Workplace Killing,” and in the second paragraph, the Times reported: “He might also have had cause to be angry: he had complained to his girlfriend of being racially harassed at work, the woman’s mother said, and lamented that his grievances had gone unaddressed.”

On August 7, the Washington Post’s headline read, “Beer warehouse shooter long complained of racism.”

In fact, just before he started shooting, Thornton had been told he had the choice of quitting or being fired for stealing beer, and there was video proof of his doing so. But this fact — the one indisputable and most pertinent pre-murder fact — got lost within the larger context of Thornton’s claims of being a victim of whites.

Those preoccupied with Thornton’s charges of workplace racism might wish to reflect on this: Racists and otherwise bigoted murderers always blame their victims. Medieval Christians who murdered Jews blamed the Jews for poisoning wells, using Christian children’s blood in making their matzo, or some other terrible crime. Whites who lynched blacks blamed those blacks for rape or some other terrible crime. Nothing is new about the Thornton racist murders except that the society in which they occurred concentrated on the racist’s excuses rather than on his murders.

Just as leading liberals would not ascribe Islamist motives — until there was no possibility of denying them — to recent Muslim attacks on Americans, so the liberal media — i.e., almost all news outlets in America — are not branding these Connecticut murders for what they are: racist. Thornton actually told the 911 operator, “I wish I could have gotten more of the people [i.e., whites].”

We are repeatedly told by liberals — both whites and blacks — that America needs an honest dialogue on race. Needless to say, they don’t mean it, because the moment a white or a black says anything critical of black behavior, he is labeled racist or Uncle Tom. So most nonliberal whites and blacks just keep quiet.

One result is this morally upside-down reporting of the murders in Connecticut.

Another example is the liberal narrative on blacks in prison: “There are more black men in prison than in college.” Every decent American regards this fact as a major tragedy. But most Americans believe that the fault lies primarily with the black criminals, not with a racist society. Most Americans believe that blacks who mug, rape, rob, or murder commit those crimes for the same reason whites do — they lack a sufficiently strong conscience.

But the dominant liberal narrative is that while white criminals are criminals, black criminals are largely victims.

Another example was the liberal narrative of the 1992 “Rodney King riots” in Los Angeles. It was perfectly expressed by the major newspaper of that city, the Los Angeles Times. During the riots, in which innocent Koreans, whites, and others were beaten, maimed, and killed and their businesses burned to the ground, the daily special section on the riots in the Times was titled “Understanding the Rage.” When blacks riot, whites are the reason. When a black murders eight whites in Connecticut, whites are the reason.

One terrible consequence of this liberal attitude toward black violent crime is that too many blacks come to believe that less is expected of them morally than from whites. And the truth is that most Americans on the left do expect less from blacks.

But saying any of this gets us nowhere because it is simply labeled racism. If you don’t believe me, check leftist reactions to this column on the Internet.

Most liberal leaders want an honest dialogue about race as much as they want to honestly describe the murders in Connecticut.

CosmicCowboy
08-10-2010, 09:43 AM
The guy flipped out after he got slam dunk caught stealing beer. Obviously it's the honky's fault for not being more understanding. They clearly deserved to get shot for being white.

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Wow. Dude even has a "Omar Thornton is a Hero" video.

orqOGWcUlvo

Def Rowe
08-10-2010, 10:03 AM
This is a needlessly polarizing take on a terribly tragic workplace event.

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 10:07 AM

"white criminals are criminals, black criminals are largely victims."

I can tell that you believe this.

hater
08-10-2010, 10:09 AM
title is already racist enough. No need to read the content.

Ignignokt
08-10-2010, 10:20 AM
title is already racist enough. No need to read the content.

THese quotes are tragic.

2+2=Racism now. Reality is Objective, if the media is focusing on the racism part and not taking in all the facts, then this is a travesty.

Def Rowe
08-10-2010, 10:22 AM
"white criminals are criminals, black criminals are largely victims."

I can tell that you believe this.

Wha? It's just a polarizing piece. Prager manages to bring up Christians killing Jews, Moslems killing Christians, Rodney King, yada yada... while trying to make a point about prevailing black on white racism.

Honestly I didn't think Prager was that looney.

hater
08-10-2010, 10:26 AM
THese quotes are tragic.

2+2=Racism now. Reality is Objective, if the media is focusing on the racism part and not taking in all the facts, then this is a travesty.

wrong. Both sides are focusing on racism and forgetting there are 8 bodies on the ground regardless of their color, or the color of the shooter.

the writer of the article is racist as well as the media he is critizicing. sad.

ElNono
08-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Whenever there's a murder-suicide rampage like this one, there's always post-facto analysis of what could have triggered such behavior. Happened with the VT massacre also, and has nothing to do with skin color.

That you find triggering events, doesn't implicitly mean that the ensuing criminal events are justified. You CAN be a victim of racial discrimination at work and also be a psychopath. They're not mutually exclusive, but they're normally an explosive combination.

Should he have not committed suicide, he would have been charged with murder.

The OP's opinion piece is obviously a pretty lame attempt to both stir the racial pot and blame the 'liberal' media.

jack sommerset
08-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Cry Havoc wrote the article.

Spurminator
08-10-2010, 10:42 AM
How is this different from reports that the Columbine shooters were allegedly bullied?

Just because the media reports on the possible motive doesn't mean they're condoning it. What is the alternative? Bury the story?

This column is just racial opportunism.

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Wha? It's just a polarizing piece. Prager manages to bring up Christians killing Jews, Moslems killing Christians, Rodney King, yada yada... while trying to make a point about prevailing black on white racism.

Honestly I didn't think Prager was that looney.

You're right. It's best not to talk about it.

LOL @ Dennis Prager is "looney".

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 10:47 AM
How is this different from reports that the Columbine shooters were allegedly bullied?

Just because the media reports on the possible motive doesn't mean they're condoning it. What is the alternative? Bury the story?

This column is just racial opportunism.

Why does this myth of those guys being "bullied" persist?

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Whenever there's a murder-suicide rampage like this one, there's always post-facto analysis of what could have triggered such behavior. Happened with the VT massacre also, and has nothing to do with skin color.

That you find triggering events, doesn't implicitly mean that the ensuing criminal events are justified. You CAN be a victim of racial discrimination at work and also be a psychopath. They're not mutually exclusive, but they're normally an explosive combination.

The OP's opinion piece is obviously a pretty lame attempt to both stir the racial pot and blame the 'liberal' media.

Is it possible for people to just be bad apples?

Ignignokt
08-10-2010, 10:48 AM
wrong. Both sides are focusing on racism and forgetting there are 8 bodies on the ground regardless of their color, or the color of the shooter.

the writer of the article is racist as well as the media he is critizicing. sad.

That's idiotic, that wouldn't make someone a racist.

Spurminator
08-10-2010, 10:49 AM
It was alleged they were bullied. This was reported. The public was free to decide whether or not those allegations had any merit or relevance, as they are free to decide in this case. In that case, as well as this case, most people are likely to say that neither excuse is a valid reason for murder. Some wackos will think it is. But it's a free country.

The media has no responsibility to cater to racial sensitivity.

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 10:51 AM
It was alleged they were bullied. This was reported. The public was free to decide whether or not those allegations had any merit or relevance, as they are free to decide in this case.

The media has no responsibility to cater to racial sensitivity.

That turned out to be a false allegation.

MannyIsGod
08-10-2010, 10:51 AM

You miss the point.

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 10:52 AM
http://trendsupdates.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/rs_20_02_51.jpg

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 10:53 AM
http://www.crmvet.org/crmpics/bham-firehose5.jpg

Oh, Gee!!
08-10-2010, 10:54 AM
prager's just looking for a reason to complain about black people and the media.

possible motives or reasons do not equal legal or moral justifications. when something horrible happens, the normal response is "how could this happen?" it's human nature to seek for motives or reasons. it's reprehensible to suggest that the victims got what the deserved; and I haven't heard anybody claim that yet.

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 10:54 AM
http://www.english.illinois.edu/Maps/poets/m_r/randall/hoses.jpg

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 10:55 AM
http://filipspagnoli.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/event_omaha_courthouse_lynching.jpg

Spurminator
08-10-2010, 10:55 AM

Sure, ten years after the fact. It was still news at the time.

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 10:57 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XeRnkgFEHn8/SSeIkvyZMlI/AAAAAAAACd0/ueucS7DR2hA/s400/lynchingskkk_4.jpg

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 10:58 AM
http://worldsfamousphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/1930-lynching.jpg

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 10:59 AM
http://harryallen.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/lynching-of-lige-daniels.jpg

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Parker2112,

Why are you posting random pictures of Connecticut, circa 2010?

Here's an article for you.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/08/04/dr-keith-ablow-connecticut-shooting-omar-racism-murder/

Racism Did Not Cause Omar Thornton to Kill In Connecticut

Family members of Omar Thornton, the man who murdered eight fellow employees in Manchester, Connecticut yesterday, then killed himself, are claiming he did so because he was being harassed for being black.

He had reportedly found a drawing of a noose, along with a racial epithet written on a bathroom wall.

His uncle says that when he called his mother after the shootings he talked about having killed the “five racists” who were bothering him.

Well, nine people are dead, not five, and not a single one of them lost his life because somebody called Omar Thornton a vicious name or drew a hateful picture.

It might be some strange comfort to his family to think that Mr. Thornton was avenging wrongdoing when he went on his rampage, but it would be false comfort.

I’ve evaluated plenty of murderers during my career as a forensic psychiatrist, and I can tell you that people don’t commit atrocities because of name-calling.

They don’t perpetrate carnage because they are undone by crude, insensitive drawings.

They kill because of longstanding psychological or characterological disorders that lead them to have no ability to reason, or no impulse control or no capacity to appreciate the suffering of others or no moral compass.

Most often, the signs that a person is capable of murder are numerous and longstanding—though often tragically missed or, worse, swept under the rug.

Killers turn out to be people who have been struggling with psychotic thinking and have talked about it.

They are people who have become addicted to alcohol or drugs and whose moods or actions have reflected it.

They are people who have shown a pattern of seeing themselves as beyond reproach, and whose exaggerated or bizarre reactions to perceived slights have revealed it.

Frankly, more ominous than his family’s reports of racial bias against Omar Thornton are questions that should be asked about whether he may have been suspicious of others to the point of paranoia, along with company reports that he was being fired for stealing beer.

If an employee is paranoid, willing to break a law (however seemingly trivial the offense) and abusing alcohol, great care should be taken when disciplining that person.

Whatever led Omar Thornton to snuff out the lives of eight helpless victims and shoot two more, it was not that those victims were, in fact, guilty of prejudice against the shooter.

Whether his family wants to acknowledge it or not, it has to be the case that unreasoned rage had been brewing in Omar Thornton a long, long time.

jack sommerset
08-10-2010, 11:01 AM
http://www.top20fun.com/images/pictures/0134.jpg

ElNono
08-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Is it possible for people to just be bad apples?

Sure. I just don't see where the racial card gets in there though.
There's psychopaths of every skin color and racial background.

The 'liberal' media reported this is a killing spree and pointed to the guy as the murderer. That they try to find motive has to do with the fact that the guy killed himself and can't ask him, and that murder stories with deeper backgrounds sell well. However, trying to find motive doesn't equate to justifying the criminal behavior, as the OP implies.

ElNono
08-10-2010, 11:06 AM
This guy killed because he was a psychopath, not because he was black or white.
The news outlets reported the crime. They also found that alleged racial discrimination might have been a triggering factor into the murders.

The transformation of that to 'liberal media justifies murder of white people by black man because of discrimination' is obviously a bait that the OP couldn't resist eating whole.

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Its just interesting to see pictures with that much evil huddled around under a tree...the motherfuckers wearing smiles should have been put out of their bloodlust on the spot...yet instead, they went on to have little racist motherfuckin babies...

I just thought these would provide a little balance for this thread I guess.

Spurminator
08-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Parker2112,

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/08/04/dr-keith-ablow-connecticut-shooting-omar-racism-murder/

That's a column, not an article. One of many columns that would not exist if the media had not reported the racial allegations.

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Parker2112,

i didnt say it did. maybe he had trouble living in his own skin. who the fuck knows. you sure as hell dont.

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 11:11 AM
That's a column, not an article. One of many columns that would not exist if the media had not reported the racial allegations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Column_(periodical)

hater
08-10-2010, 11:12 AM
That's idiotic, that wouldn't make someone a racist.

stirring the racial pot = being racist IMO

TeyshaBlue
08-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Sure. I just don't see where the racial card gets in there though.
There's psychopaths of every skin color and racial background.

The 'liberal' media reported this is a killing spree and pointed to the guy as the murderer. That they try to find motive has to do with the fact that the guy killed himself and can't ask him, and that murder stories with deeper backgrounds sell well. However, trying to find motive doesn't equate to justifying the criminal behavior, as the OP implies.

I think Omar spoke for himself when he called 911. "They're treating me bad over here. And treat all other black employees bad over here, too," Thornton explained in a measured tone. "So I took it to my own hands and handled the problem. I wish I could have got more of the people."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20012956-504083.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody
That's why the racial card got played...it looks like Omar Thornton thought he was holding a trump card.

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 11:14 AM
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USAlynching2.jpg

that looks like a southern pine...I dont know where you get connecticut from

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 11:17 AM
I dont agree with what this fool did. but I dont agree with your stance on race, Darrin. The whole "Im a an unapologetic bigot, and there are black ones too, making it ok" angle sucks dix.

And I say bigot, because youve already outed yourself in prior posts.

Spurminator
08-10-2010, 11:18 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Column_(periodical)

K, so anyway, should the media have just buried the racial allegations or not? What journalistic direction would have been most palatable to your white sensitivities?

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 11:18 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BLlJwLdIRpk/RaKSDFy_BxI/AAAAAAAAAB4/1Gy87Os4uuU/s400/Jesse+Washington+lynching.bmp

The evil that men do....

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 11:22 AM
if you repug/conservatives dont think images like this dont affect race relations for generations to come...well your fools.

The fact that they are still in circulation will touch many black children who have the unfortunate opportunity to see them, even those that were born after 2000.

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 11:23 AM
and if you dont think that the white faces in those crowds didnt propogate hatreful moral systems in their families that still affect people of color to this day your also full of shit

Fpoonsie
08-10-2010, 11:25 AM
...well your fools.

Sweet irony.

The fact that they are still in circulation will touch many black children who have the unfortunate opportunity to see them, even those that were born after 2000.

Especially if you keep senselessly posting them.

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 11:27 AM
@ Parker2112:

I frankly see more similarity than difference between you and DarrinS.

He made a multiple murder into a soap-box for his lame strawman; you made lynching yours. Nice work!

ElNono
08-10-2010, 11:30 AM
I think Omar spoke for himself when he called 911. "They're treating me bad over here. And treat all other black employees bad over here, too," Thornton explained in a measured tone. "So I took it to my own hands and handled the problem. I wish I could have got more of the people."
That's why the racial card got played...it looks like Omar Thornton thought he was holding a trump card.

Well, there you go. The OP also indicates he mentioned to family members in the past that he felt he was being discriminated.

Doesn't make him any less of a psychopath though.

A sane person that feels racially discriminated either switches jobs or finds an attorney. They don't go into killing sprees.

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Especially if you keep senselessly posting them.

they damn well should be posted.

Darrin speaks from the pov of a racist repug. I know him to be a bigot by first-hand experience.

And if he is going to keep pushing his "White man is the victim in 2010" he might expect to have to deal with the roots of our current race relations in this country.

Hell, if repugs can talk about history that occurred 250 years ago on a daily basis, what the hell is wrong with posting relevant stuff that happened when CC and WC were kids? Were they not personally shaped by that world?

bottom line: Darrin, dont try to couch your bigotry with all this other shit. say whats on your mind, and open yourself up to the response. be a man.

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 11:33 AM
@ Parker2112:

I frankly see more similarity than difference between you and DarrinS.

He made a multiple murder into a soap-box for his lame strawman; you made lynching yours. Nice work!

I didnt use it in an argument winehole. try again.

I just thought it might take some piss out of his thread. which it did.

TeyshaBlue
08-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Well, there you go. The OP also indicates he mentioned to family members in the past that he felt he was being discriminated.

Doesn't make him any less of a psychopath though.

A sane person that feels racially discriminated either switches jobs or finds an attorney. They don't go into killing sprees.

Oh, I agree. I was just looking at the genesis of the race card in this instance.

rjv
08-10-2010, 11:34 AM

welcome to the world of darrin s.

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 11:35 AM
I dont think the guy had reason to kill. I wouldnt even take his word on the fact that he was in fact discriminated against. probably just a murderer of the plain variety. just like the folks under these trees.

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 11:35 AM
I just thought it might take some piss out of his thread. which it did.Naw, you just pissed on it. The piss ratio went up, not down.

hater
08-10-2010, 11:36 AM
I have to agree with Parker. Sorry white ppl, you fucked up, I mean your ancestors fucked up bigtime. And you gonna hear about it and have to apologize about it for centuries to come. That's just the way it is, face it and accept it.

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 11:37 AM
hate breeds hate. and I know. I can be a hateful bastard in real life.

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 11:37 AM
@hater, Parker2112:

However that may be, how is any of that relevant to the OP?

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Naw, you just pissed on it. The piss ratio went up, not down.

piss ratio with who? the repugs/couched bigots?

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 11:39 AM
However that may be, how is that relevant to the OP?

the guy was filled with hate also, evidently. so I say we need more group hugs, and less of DarrinS's bullshit closet-bigotted arguments.

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 11:40 AM
You countered Darrin's weak strawman with lame ad hominems. That raises the level of discourse how, please?

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 11:42 AM
You're both unwarrantably arrogant and abusive to other posters, and your arguments are lame as hell. You guys deserve each other.

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 11:43 AM
You countered Darrin's weak strawman with lame ad hominems. That raises the level of discourse how, please?

his discourse is a front for his real message. I stripped away the false front, and gave him something that might make him reconsider his hateful ways. granted it might fade in a couple of hours, but I guess you could say I got right to the heart of the matter.

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 11:44 AM
You're both unwarrantably arrogant and abusive to other posters, and your arguments are lame as hell. You guys deserve each other.

I am abusive to closeted bigots on here, of which there are more than one, and other than that you are are entitled to your opinion.

ElNono
08-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Oh, I agree. I was just looking at the genesis of the race card in this instance.

Did you feel that *the media* was justifying the murders because of said race card (as opposed to the actual perpetrator or his friends/family)?

I did not.

TeyshaBlue
08-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Did you feel that *the media* was justifying the murders because of said race card (as opposed to the actual perpetrator or his friends/family)?

I did not.

Nah...and to be honest, I really haven't read much about this. I havent watched TV in about 2 weeks (been really busy in the studio), but I did hear little blurb on the radio this morning concerning the 911 call.

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 11:47 AM
they damn well should be posted.

Darrin speaks from the pov of a racist repug. I know him to be a bigot by first-hand experience.

And if he is going to keep pushing his "White man is the victim in 2010" he might expect to have to deal with the roots of our current race relations in this country.

Hell, if repugs can talk about history that occurred 250 years ago on a daily basis, what the hell is wrong with posting relevant stuff that happened when CC and WC were kids? Were they not personally shaped by that world?

bottom line: Darrin, dont try to couch your bigotry with all this other shit. say whats on your mind, and open yourself up to the response. be a man.

You have nothing to add to this thread, other than posting inflammatory images and slandering me.

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 11:47 AM

And I understand you dont agree with my tactics, and I know them to be in bad taste at times, but honestly...

FUCK THESE NASTY ROACHES/BIGOTS.

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 11:49 AM
You have nothing to add to this thread, other than posting inflammatory images and slandering me.

Darrin, you take every opportunity to ruin your own reputation. Why worry when someone else mouths the words for you?

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 11:52 AM
This article/column seems to reinforce Prager's Op-Ed.

http://www.examiner.com/x-48240-NY-Public-Policy-Examiner~y2010m8d8-Possibility-that-Omar-Thornton-did-not-act-alone

Possibility that Omar Thornton did not act alone

Unfortunately, the Connecticut workplace shooting leaves more facts that have not been considered. In college Psychology, I recall researching the ABCs (an acronym for Antecedents, Behaviors, and Consequences) of Psychology. These principles provide tremendous assistance in understanding what happened in Manchester, Connecticut this past Tuesday. Some people don’t want to discuss racism as being a form of violence because it would reveal that they themselves are in fact extremely violent and in denial about it.

Omar Thornton’s incident has a host of websites spewing hate talk toward African-Americans. Hartford Distributors may have used racism and gradually managed to kill Omar Thornton mentally and emotionally before the killing spree via attrition. Jessica Anne Brocuglio, an ex-girlfriend of Omar Thornton, comes forward with character evidence:

He always felt like he was being discriminated (against) because he was black[.]” “Basically they wouldn’t give him pay raises. He never felt like they accepted him as a hard working person.”

This statement corroborates with what Kristi Hannah, Omar Thornton’s fiancée before his death, had been telling the Manchester Police Department about Hartford Distributors treating him like a persona non grata.

Plus, a fellow co-worker who was employed with Omar Thornton at Hartford Distributors has come forward stating that he had seen the racist taunts: “Stuff on walls. Racist comments. I saw with my own eyes.” More importantly, the fellow co-worker said Mr. Thornton was hired as a truck driver; yet, he was assigned to loading boxes in the warehouse. Mr. Thornton had to fight to get behind the wheel. The co-worker then states that Hartford Distributors are lying and the evidence is in Omar’s cell phone. These statements are serious and they are not based upon speculation. This places the co-worker in a position to be called as a key witness to racism within Hartford Distributors. Although the co-worker is no longer under the employ of Hartford Distributors, he has witnessed these incidents first-hand. These statements make it appear as if Hartford Distributors is deliberately being obtuse to shield themselves from potential liability. As Marcellus said in William Shakespeare’s play “Hamlet,” “[s]omething is rotten in the state of Denmark.” Thus far, the answers provided by Hartford Distributors just rubs me the wrong way.

If Hartford Distributors created an atmosphere of institutionalized racism within the workplace, then Omar Thornton’s contributing accomplice would be Hartford Distributors who subtly enraged Mr. Thornton to kill 9 employees. In no uncertain terms am I expressing that Omar Thornton was justified by what he did. However, I am expressing that if employers are allowed to continue with business as usual without being held accountable, the contributing employer accomplice will continue its uncorrected racist practices with the result being identical to the facts currently before us. Albert Einstein defined insanity as “doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.” Let’s not wait until something else happens before we correct this, let’s get it right . . . right now!

If not, the subjective side of the alleged violence will continue without correction. Racist employers are in dire need help to redirect their violent tendencies in the workplace! If Mr. Thornton is correct, racism (his employer’s racism) motivated him to do what he did. A Latin term used in the legal community is ipse dixit (he himself said it). How is it that a fair minded person can incriminate Omar Thornton for what he did; yet, absolve the Hartford Distributors for their alleged racist conduct? If there was no shooting spree, many have suggested that he could have used the administrative process to report the racism. What that indicates is that many actually believe Omar had enough to file a complaint. Otherwise, why suggest filing a complaint when you don’t believe anything happened? That would be a futile gesture. It also suggests that a large population of people believe Mr. Thornton was subjected to racism. Normally, it’s the employer that recommends that the employee receive help with a problem that affects his/her job performance. In this case, it could be the employer who needs help with its entrenched racist practices toward African-Americans. But who will direct the employer to enroll in training to correct the problem? I’d bet dollars to doughnuts that neither of the supervisors or managers have had training regarding racism as a form of violence in the workplace. According to Omar Thornton, racism directly contributed to his shooting spree.

In a company that quickly identifies people by color, Hartford Distributors knew that its employees recognized which color was in the minority and the majority. The 911 tape is replete with descriptions of Omar Thornton being Black and one caller adds that he is the only Black guy that works there. The racism herein may have been cloaked in secrecy and a higher mind and set of eyes are reviewing the evidence in this case to find it. The Manchester Police Department must be applauded for their diligent effort to find the truth regarding this atrocity. When law enforcement acts professionally, the result is an important lesson being learned in the community. As the facts unfold, you can guarantee that they will be reported here.

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 11:56 AM
@Parker2112:

Darrin continually kicks his own ass in this forum. Doing so is practically his calling card. Impersonating him just prolongs the process.

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 11:59 AM
@Parker2112:

Darrin continually kicks his own ass in this forum. Doing so is practically his calling card. Impersonating him just prolongs the process.

Now that just hurt me to the core -- especially coming from you. :lol

TeyshaBlue
08-10-2010, 12:01 PM
@Parker2112:

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/5838804/2/istockphoto_5838804-shooting-fish-in-a-barrel.jpg

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 12:02 PM
@Parker2112:

I know what your saying, I understand this is a better place for everyone when we all play nice.

Sorry I disappointed. But I will probably continue to do so when couched bigotry rears its head. In my view a guy like DarrinS, after having been outed on this board as a closet bigot, should not be able to spread his propoganda without the hardest of backlashes.

If someone else had posted this story, I wouldnt have pissed on the entire thing. I would have said something along the lines of "this guy probably didnt even experience racism, he was just a killer" Sorry to spoil your debate.

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 12:04 PM
@Teysha_Blue:

Agreed, with this stipulation: Parker2112 is swimming in the barrel too.

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 12:09 PM
I know what your saying, I understand this is a better place for everyone when we all play nice.

Sorry I disappointed. But I will probably continue to do so when couched bigotry rears its head. In my view a guy like DarrinS, after having been outed on this board as a closet bigot, should not be able to spread his propoganda without the hardest of backlashes.

If someone else had posted this story, I wouldnt have pissed on the entire thing. I would have said something along the lines of "this guy probably didnt even experience racism, he was just a killer" Sorry to spoil your debate.

What is your basis for my alleged bigotry?

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 12:10 PM
@Teysha_Blue:

Agreed, with this stipulation: Parker2112 is swimming in the barrel too.

It depends on the arg. I come here for the variety of perspectives to inform my own. Yours is usually pretty informed. But I have shut down more than a few "debaters" on this board.

Although I will concede that when I talk about certain topics, I dont expect to be taken too seriously.

But if your calling me out, Winehole, then you might get the horns. And Im not talking about the ad hominem horns. Watch yourself.

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 12:10 PM
I know what your saying, I understand this is a better place for everyone when we all play nice.So you say, but judging from the frequency alone, you seem to prefer WWE type smackdowns.

Sorry I disappointed. I doubt it.

But I will probably continue to do so when couched bigotry rears its head. In my view a guy like DarrinS, after having been outed on this board as a closet bigot, should not be able to spread his propoganda without the lamest of backlashes.Fify. When you descend to name-calling, you lose.

If someone else had posted this story, I wouldnt have pissed on the entire thing. I would have said something along the lines of "this guy probably didnt even experience racism, he was just a killer" Sorry to spoil your debate.You didn't spoil anything. Be a big bully, if that's what you want to be. It's your reputation, not mine.

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 12:11 PM
What is your basis for my alleged bigotry?

I'm not going back to it...I just keep a list.

You said some stupid shit one time. Lets just leave it at that.

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm not going back to it...I just keep a list.

You said some stupid shit one time. Lets just leave it at that.

You can't even find one example? Ok.

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Parker2112 impersonates WC. Dog ate his homework. Lame.

DarrinS
But if your calling me out, Winehole, then you might get the horns. And Im not talking about the ad hominem horns. Watch yourself.

I seriously almost spit Coke on my monitor when I read this. Comedy gold.

:lmao

Parker2112
So you say, but judging from the frequency alone, you seem to prefer WWE type smackdowns.

I doubt it.

Fify. When you descend to name-calling, you lose.

You didn't spoil anything. Be a big bully, if that's what you want to be. It's your reputation, not mine.

this topic is my weakness. and these threads have been popping up with regularity. so has my disdain for the sources.

I may always consider bullying an option when it comes to these sorts of characters. I encourage you to put me on ignore if my speech offends.

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 12:14 PM
You encourage me to ignore you. How courageous.

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 12:15 PM

watch yourself.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_TASN0T5JgyM/RqGhph409aI/AAAAAAAAAEM/M2N-IXojB4k/s320/bull-horn-rape.jpg

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 12:16 PM
You encourage me to ignore you. How courageous.

on this issue, yes i do. you dont like bullies. i admit to bullying those on this board who have expressed bigoted views. i will no doubt use the tactic again when the time comes. save yourself the heartache.

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 12:18 PM
You refused to back up your own bs. That puts you in the same class as posters like DarrinS, WC and CC IMO.

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 12:20 PM
save yourself the heartache.Heartache? Watch out, fancypants: you might get hooked.

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 12:22 PM

Darrin got chased out of a thread for the shit he said. I tell you what I'll do. I dont have time for the search right now, im about to log off. but winehole, for each and every person on my list (i can think of two, maybe three) I will reference the offensive statements and my conclusions in a new thread addressed to WINEHOLE. Ill get to that in the next 24 hours. it will be good to shed some light on the sketchy bullshit that gets uttered around here. and the parties involved can offer rebuttal

doobs
Didn't the guy's union say that he had never filed any racial discrimination complaints, despite his family's insistence to the contrary?

It is curious how the racism angle -- unsupported by anything except his grieving family's understandable attempts to rationalize his murders -- has been treated as a credible allegation.

Admittedly, though, I haven't followed this story. Correct me if I'm wrong.

CosmicCowboy
You refused to back up your own bs. That puts you in the same class as posters like DarrinS, WC and CC IMO.

Pot meet kettle.

Parker2112

your right. if im going to say it, i need to have justification. i will get on that this evening.

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Now you're running away. Excuses, excuses.

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Heartache? Watch out, fancypants: you might get hooked.

heartache as in being upset that i called out one of your fellow posters with bully tactics.

otherwise, i agree you can pose a challenge, but I'm no huckelberry myself.

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Pot meet kettle.When asked, I make an attempt. And I do it unbidden with a certain frequency. Can you say the same?

Parker2112
Now you're running away. Excuses, excuses.

I have a critical meeting on friday, and I have neglected preparing already for too long this morning.

be on the lookout. the WINEHOLE: HERES MY LIST thread will be here before you know it.

Oh, Gee!!
They kill because of longstanding psychological or characterological disorders that lead them to have no ability to reason, or no impulse control or no capacity to appreciate the suffering of others or no moral compass.

This line of thinking is closer to a legal and/or moral justification than anything proposed by the so-called liberal media.

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 12:27 PM
heartache as in being upset that i called out one of your fellow posters with bully tactics.Fuck Darrin. I just hate bullies. You made my list.

DarrinS
Darrin got chased out of a thread for the shit he said. I tell you what I'll do. I dont have time for the search right now, im about to log off. but winehole, for each and every person on my list (i can think of two, maybe three) I will reference the offensive statements and my conclusions in a new thread addressed to WINEHOLE. Ill get to that in the next 24 hours. it will be good to shed some light on the sketchy bullshit that gets uttered around here. and the parties involved can offer rebuttal

fail

And I thought you were going to log off.

DarrinS
Fuck Darrin. I just hate bullies. You made my list.

You're sweet.

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 12:28 PM
I have a critical meeting on friday, and I have neglected preparing already for too long this morning.

be on the lookout. the WINEHOLE: HERES MY LIST thread will be here before you know it.Lame.

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 12:30 PM
You're sweet.I just meant, my hostility to Parker2112's posts has nothing at all to do with my regard for you.

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 12:36 PM
I just meant, my hostility to Parker2112's posts has nothing at all to do with my regard for you.

And what gives with the Paul Lynde salad?

bigzak25
08-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Lock him up. Throw away the key.

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 12:38 PM
And what gives with the Paul Lynde salad?Not a fan of Bewitched? Each to his own, I guess.

CosmicCowboy
08-10-2010, 12:41 PM
When asked, I make an attempt. And I do it unbidden with a certain frequency. Can you say the same?

Yes I can and I do it all the time. The only difference is our perspectives from our relative positions on issues. You discount my logic/defenses and I discount yours.

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Lock him up. Throw away the key.

Uhh, didn't he kill himself?

Bender
08-10-2010, 12:44 PM
And what gives with the Paul Lynde salad?
:lol
I've been meaning to ask winehole if that was paul lynde... but I never got around to it...

bigzak25
08-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Uhh, didn't he kill himself?

Sorry man, I'm sure you are right...I followed the story briefly a few days ago.

In that case, tragedy all around, but good riddance.

May they all rest in peace...eventually.

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 12:50 PM
I've been meaning to ask winehole if that was paul lynde... but I never got around to it...I like the jovial sarcasm of the center square, and Whoopi never quite did it for me.

Chomag
08-10-2010, 12:54 PM
I thought it was Bush's fault?

ChumpDumper
08-10-2010, 01:54 PM

The OP's opinion piece is obviously a pretty lame attempt to both stir the racial pot and blame the 'liberal' media.The thread could have stopped right here.

The media is not blaming whites.

Darrin is lying.

LnGrrrR
08-10-2010, 02:45 PM
I always like Bobcat on Hollywood Squares.

Homeland Security
08-10-2010, 03:09 PM
I have to agree with Parker. Sorry white ppl, you fucked up, I mean your ancestors fucked up bigtime. And you gonna hear about it and have to apologize about it for centuries to come. That's just the way it is, face it and accept it.
Me apologize? You gonna come make me, boy? Fuck you.

johnsmith
08-10-2010, 03:21 PM
The Parker meltdown in this thread was good stuff. I'm hoping he adds to it later.:toast

CosmicCowboy
08-10-2010, 03:34 PM
The Parker meltdown in this thread was good stuff. I'm hoping he adds to it later.:toast

no kidding.

That child needs to stay on his meds.

baseline bum
08-10-2010, 03:57 PM

Pet peeve of mine, but I can't stand when people like this are referred to as pyschopaths. This guy pretty clearly knew exactly what he was doing, and thus fits the definition of a sociopath better. I know lots of people like to refer to any murderer as crazy, but I think it's ridiculous and serves to take personal responsibility out of the equation, as if no one could be a disgusting enough person to willfully kill.

ChumpDumper
08-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Dude's a killer. If he or others tried to use race as an excuse, it's no excuse. The press' reporting that the excuse was attempted is not advocating the excuse.

ElNono
08-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Pet peeve of mine, but I can't stand when people like this are referred to as pyschopaths. This guy pretty clearly knew exactly what he was doing, and thus fits the definition of a sociopath better. I know lots of people like to refer to any murderer as crazy, but I think it's ridiculous and serves to take personal responsibility out of the equation, as if no one could be a disgusting enough person to willfully kill.

The guy had a screw loose, there's no two ways to look at it. I'll take whatever label you want to apply to him.

rjv
08-10-2010, 09:55 PM
The chickens came home to roost.

malcolm x.

Supergirl
08-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Scare white people! Scare white people!

Move along...

Jacob1983
08-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Aren't there new claims that the shooters of Columbine were actually bullies and were not bullied in high school? That video is propaganda and a fail. White people have never been harassed? You serious? The Nazis didn't harass the Jews during the Holocaust? This guy killed all of those people because he went bat shit crazy and couldn't take it anymore. Case closed.

Parker2112
08-11-2010, 01:25 AM
Me apologize? You gonna come make me, boy? Fuck you.

Parker2112
08-11-2010, 01:26 AM

Stick around...I'll show you how to spot a bigot from a mile away...

Parker2112
08-11-2010, 01:26 AM

:wow

DarkReign
08-11-2010, 12:33 PM

Yeah, never going to happen. You realize 80% of the white people you encounter everyday dont even descend from those white people in the past, right?

I mean, you know that right?