PDA

View Full Version : Muslim gay bar next to Ground Zero mosque

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Fox News Host Announces Plans for Muslim Gay Bar Next to Ground Zero Mosque

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2010/08/post-34.html

Important news in the annals of publicity stunts today, as Fox News’ Greg Gutfeld announced on his blog—the truly unfortunately named “Daily Gut”—that he has aims to open a Ground Zero–area gay bar catering to Muslim men in the space next to a proposed mosque. “As you know, the Muslim faith doesn't look kindly upon homosexuality, which is why I’m building this bar. It is an effort to break down barriers and reduce deadly homophobia in the Islamic world,” the Red Eye host wrote, identifying the bar’s raison d'être. “After all, the belief driving them to open up their center near Ground Zero, is no different than mine.” Ahem.

Gutfeld insists, multiple times, that he is “dead serious on this one,” and announces that he has “spoken to a number of investors” about the project. (For what it’s worth, Red Eye’s Andy Levy corroborates Gutfeld’s earnestness.) Reactions to the proposal have been mixed. Mediaite’s Jon Bershad, for instance, characterized the idea as “brilliant,” explaining, “just because I support Muslim Americans in their fight against anti-Islam prejudice, doesn’t mean they shouldn’t get a few dings for their religion’s own prejudice against homosexuals.” The conservative Hot Air blog, itself against the construction of the Ground Zero mosque, provides a helpful gloss: the gay bar is, metaphorically, a mosque equivalent. According to it site, both the bar and the cultural center “needlessly [inflame] cultural tensions in the ostensible service of liberal values” and both “celebrate tolerance regardless of the sensitivities of the surrounding area.” In any event, the stunt will certainly put Gutfeld on the map, if not, necessarily, his Muslim gay bar.

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Good idea to promote tolerance?

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 09:43 AM
They can have their weddings next door.

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 09:46 AM
I will donate to this cause, if it's serious.

in2deep
08-10-2010, 09:48 AM
gay

boutons_deux
08-10-2010, 09:51 AM
"reduce deadly homophobia in the Islamic world"

is he going to build one to reduce deadly homophobia in the "Christian" world?

George Gervin's Afro
08-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Why are conservatives consumed with gay people?

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Why are conservatives consumed with gay people?

Why do Muslims want to kill them?

George Gervin's Afro
08-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Why do Muslims want to kill them?

Do all muslims want to kill gay people?

DarrinS
08-10-2010, 10:08 AM

Are all conservatives consumed with gay people?

Even if some are, they probably don't want to kill them.

Destro
08-10-2010, 10:16 AM
people are stupid

George Gervin's Afro
08-10-2010, 10:17 AM

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 10:20 AM
I will donate to this cause, if it's serious.So then your concern for sensitivity is completely hypocritical.

Give yourself whiplash much? :lol

Drachen
08-10-2010, 10:32 AM
What's good for the goose is good for the gander, I agree with a person's right to build what they want on their own private property (provided building permits and zoning are in order), and therefore think that the muslims can build their building near ground zero.

If this guy owns a piece of property adjacent, then more power to him if he wants to build a muslim gay bar (provided building permits and zoning are in order.

I do however smell a great opportunity to name this gay bar. Any takers?

Parker2112
08-10-2010, 10:39 AM
You know what? I like it.

I was suspicious about the intentions of the mosque construction from the start. I dont have any problems with the muslim faith, and I totally understand the fact that only the fringe element believes in holy war and killing for allah.

BUT: I think the construction is not by coincidence here. I think it is meant to send a message to both islamic people and to the western world. I dont have proof, its more of a glaring coincidence that just has too many implications for too many parties involved to actually be a coincidence.

Well, two can play at that game I guess! If this shit goes down, I will applaud this guy's exercise of his economic freedom.

Question though: will any gay muslim men have the balls to attend?

ElNono
08-10-2010, 10:41 AM
It's New York, not San Francisco. :lol

But I digress. I don't see anything wrong with it. It's a free country.

That said, the whole 'catering to' part sounds awfully close to prostitution.

bigzak25
08-10-2010, 12:43 PM
It is a very dangerous idea.

Although I do admire his bravery.

I liken it to the Christians that were recently killed in Afghanistan after their missionary work.

Radical Islamists will die to destroy that place. He better prepare himself.

lefty
08-10-2010, 12:45 PM
lol wut

Lakaluva and Ghazi are definitely going there

Winehole23
08-10-2010, 12:46 PM
^^^Nice avatar, lefty.

Drachen
08-10-2010, 12:47 PM
It is a very dangerous idea.

Although I do admire his bravery.

I liken it to the Christians that were recently killed in Afghanistan after their missionary work.

Radical Islamists will die to destroy that place. He better prepare himself.

I wouldn't be surprised if either place gets attacked.

lefty
08-10-2010, 12:47 PM
^^^Nice avatar, lefty.
Thanks

bigzak25
08-10-2010, 12:51 PM
It's like this, if I'm a radical Islamist, and I'm prepared to die for the false teachings of Muhammad, then I want a nuclear device.

I'd choose the holy land if I didn't feel it was so sacred.

So next choice? Well, smuggle one into the US and pick your target.

Putting a Mosque at Ground Zero is wise because Radicals will think twice about destroying it.

But those intent on destruction of "the infidels' as we are called, will justify it by any means necessary.

So lets just say, I'm glad I live in San Antonio, as I'm not ready to go up in a plume just yet, and I feel we are not a primary target.

CosmicCowboy
08-10-2010, 12:51 PM
I'll invest. A gay bar in Manhattan is sure to be a hit.

Oh, Gee!!
08-10-2010, 12:58 PM
I think this is really going to happen.

LnGrrrR
08-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Good idea to promote tolerance?

Sure, why not? I don't think it's any more offensive than the Muslim mosque.

ChumpDumper
08-10-2010, 01:12 PM
If the zoning laws permit it, there's no real reason to stop it.

In doubt it would stay open long if it kept its focus that narrow.

Blake
08-10-2010, 04:36 PM
I'll invest. A gay bar in Manhattan is sure to be a hit.

Ride em Cowboy

Stringer_Bell
08-10-2010, 04:49 PM
1) I don't think they can serve alcohol at the bar cuz it's so close to a Mosque. I'll have to double-check, unless someone more familiar with the rule can point it out or negative it.
2) I agree that it will be the first suicide-bombing on America soil.
3) When will we bring gay bars to Evangelical Churches to teach them tolerance and discuss men-in-butt sex.

Jacob1983
08-10-2010, 11:04 PM
All of the guys that go into the bar will be covered from head to toes. The only thing you will be able to see is probably just their eyes. No muslim, gay or straight, wants to be seen in a gay bar.

BlackSwordsMan
08-10-2010, 11:05 PM
awww I can't find the video of him proposing this gay bar mosque

BlackSwordsMan
08-10-2010, 11:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C8HYHcEtTg

DJ Mbenga
08-11-2010, 12:15 AM
lol this is a cool idea, although i think he just wants to do this for publicity. there isnt a guy in the world i have a desire to punch more than greg. maher is #2 but this guy is a bitch, douche i cant stand him. cool idea, but a guy who deserves a beatdown.

Trainwreck2100
08-11-2010, 12:27 AM
sons i hate all this intolerance based on ignorance.

Everyone knows Muslim guys can fuck other muslim guys till the cows come home, they just can't love them

Trainwreck2100
08-11-2010, 12:27 AM
seriously its like shaking hands to those people

cool cat
08-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Few good names I found online

Turbin Cowboy
You Mecca me hot
Suspicious packages

Maybe a tag line like,

Getting on our knees more then 5 times a day

Trainwreck2100
08-11-2010, 12:41 AM
How bout "The Camelback"

DJ Mbenga
08-11-2010, 01:38 AM
Improvised Erection Device?

Trainwreck2100
08-11-2010, 01:43 AM
The Yeehawd

Jacob1983
08-11-2010, 02:16 AM
I have watched Red Eye numerous times and Gutfeld is sarcastic a lot but I think he was serious about the gay bar. And his is friends with the gay guy on the show. Gutfeld is a conservative or at least comes off as one but I think he's so conservative when it comes to things that deal with gayness. It could be because he's friend with a gay guy. Not sure.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2010, 04:03 AM
Red Eye on Fox is pretty horrible. Everyone is trying way too hard to be funny and failing. it's painful to watch.

I don't know if the Red Eye radio show is at all related to it, but that show is one of the best on the air.

cool cat
08-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Red Eye on Fox is pretty horrible. Everyone is trying way to hard to be funny and failing. it's painful to watch

So it's just like your posts in the political forum then.

boutons_deux
08-11-2010, 12:42 PM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-august-10-2010/municipal-land-use-hearing-update

CosmicCowboy
08-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Red Eye on Fox is pretty horrible. Everyone is trying way to hard to be funny and failing. it's painful to watch.

I don't know if the Red Eye radio show is at all related to it, but that show is one of the best on the air.

I agree. It's painful to watch.

Drachen
08-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Few good names I found online

Turbin Cowboy
You Mecca me hot
Suspicious packages

Maybe a tag line like,

Getting on our knees more then 5 times a day

All are good, but its a close race between Turbin Cowboy and Suspicious Packages. I am going to have to go with Turbin Cowboy though. Oh and the tagline is great!