PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs Lakers 01' and 02' playoff series on youtube (complete games)

portnoy1
08-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Its kinda neat to see the Difference between the 01 team and the 02 team. In 01 it was get it to Duncan, and if he is doubled kick out to Porter/Ferry/Daniels/Elliott for the 3. FYI all those guys were shooting over 40% from behind the arc that season and as a team they had 6 guys that shot over 40% person from the 3 for the season. However since they were an old team their transition game was usually a pull up 3 by one of the old guys (Elliott/Porter/Ferry). In 02 it was pretty much the same, but the big difference was Tony Parker (a 19yr old rookie). Their transition game was him going 1 on 2 and scoring with absolute ease. Go Check it out!!!!!!!!

galvatron3000
08-10-2010, 01:13 PM
where

TheManFromAcme
08-10-2010, 01:21 PM
?

WeNeedLength
08-10-2010, 01:30 PM
hmmm, lots of talking but no link. LINK IT

phxspurfan
08-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Umm I'd rather not watch David Robinson writhing on the floor in back pain, but thanks

phxspurfan
08-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Found it (to my dismay):

2001 Game 3

part 1
3XSo6uo9j5Q

part 2
F8n_lQXjiLM

part 3
a-M5F2QWXVs

part 4
44781trwRac

part 5
kL-o2KahwxA

part 6
cNttygJvtS0

part 7
cMiFCpRpXEM

part 8
ZIhvT3XnD_c

part 9
eTosK-sqwh4

part 10
pVwz_Vg6xs0

part 11
l-E3lipP9wU

part 12
pJ0kx719ZKA

...etc just look at the guys youtube acct for more

Ditty
08-10-2010, 03:07 PM
okay lakers fan reminding us of these bad series

01 series vs lakers wasnt something to be proud about was a great season before that series had the best record in the league, and coasting threw the playoffs, but juwan howard ruined it for us. Bruce bowen would of helped during that series kobe looked like jordan that series because was guarded by antonio daniels.

02 was as worse we pretty much was leading in the 4th every game and we couldnt score for crap down the stretch. I couldnt believe we had stephen jackson on that team, and was in street clothes that whole series, could of help us alot when it came to scoring.

sananspursfan21
08-10-2010, 03:09 PM
b-b-but, they lost both series. i don't know about you but i don't like bad memories

phxspurfan
08-10-2010, 04:13 PM

01 series vs lakers wasnt something to be proud about was a great season before that series had the best record in the league, and coasting threw the playoffs, but juwan howard ruined it for us. Bruce bowen would of helped during that series kobe looked like jordan that series because was guarded by antonio daniels.

02 was as worse we pretty much was leading in the 4th every game and we couldnt score for crap down the stretch. I couldnt believe we had stephen jackson on that team, and was in street clothes that whole series, could of help us alot when it came to scoring.

In summary, we didn't have the shooters around Duncan to win before '03.

crc21209
08-10-2010, 04:17 PM

My thoughts exactly...who in the right mind would wanna re-live this crap. :lol

galvatron3000
08-10-2010, 07:36 PM
look at the starting lineup, smh.

spurs1990
08-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Why would we want to watch those games?

We got the shit kicked out of our collective asses in 2001.

portnoy1
08-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Why would we want to watch those games?

We got the shit kicked out of our collective asses in 2001.
Simply put; because tim duncan was thin, agile and somewhat athletic. He dunked when he was close to the rim and every now and then you would get the two handed ride the rim throw down from him. Its fun to watch how the spurs have changed and more importantly the memories of a young MvP form Tim Duncan. Also I posted the 02' series for a similiar reason. We (Me most certainly included) have watched Parker get slower and slower due to mileage and injuries. Even then he's still faster than most guards. But its cool to see pure speed from a low mileage 19yr rookie. Plus as a bonus we get to see Bruce play above stellar defense; defense that we have begged for the last year and a half. The Spurs lost yes, but its just cool to see how things have changed for the better (Champions in 03' 05' 07'/ Addition of Manu) or worse (Old Tim Duncan/Subpar defense).

portnoy1
08-11-2010, 02:21 PM

In 01 alot of folks try to say that anderson was the difference. Not true at all, in that series it was Robinsons lack of production and brilliant coaching by Phil Jackson. He made subtle but damaging changes in his defense and offense to beat the Spurs. FYI - Daniels played great, Adding Anderson for 4 games would only give the Spurs a 10pt advantage, especially when you consider that Daniels was scoring nearly 18 a game. Both Anderson and Daniels cant give you 20 each.
In 02' when it came to the fourth quarters the answer is simple. WE DIDNT HAVE MANU!!!!!!! When is that last time the Spurs have had something like that happen in 5 straight games(yeah game 2 included in which they barely won although having a 19pt lead)?

z0sa
08-11-2010, 03:07 PM
In late 2000 was when I finally got my own TV and could watch every Spurs game. Personally, just because of the timing of my youth and my insane fanaticism for the Spurs, 01 was the most painful loss ever. I thought the Spurs were unbeatable and Tim was going to retake the title that was rightly his, from the evil out West. So thanks for bringing back the terrible memories.

Venti Quattro
08-11-2010, 03:14 PM
lol 72-111

Ditty
08-11-2010, 03:38 PM
In 01 alot of folks try to say that anderson was the difference. Not true at all, in that series it was Robinsons lack of production and brilliant coaching by Phil Jackson. He made subtle but damaging changes in his defense and offense to beat the Spurs. FYI - Daniels played great, Adding Anderson for 4 games would only give the Spurs a 10pt advantage, especially when you consider that Daniels was scoring nearly 18 a game. Both Anderson and Daniels cant give you 20 each.
In 02' when it came to the fourth quarters the answer is simple. WE DIDNT HAVE MANU!!!!!!! When is that last time the Spurs have had something like that happen in 5 straight games(yeah game 2 included in which they barely won although having a 19pt lead)?

The robinson part is true becuase he was declining and shaq was unstopable that series and was a year removed from his mvp season,from what I remember Duncan had a bad game 3 & 4 also which lead to 2 blowouts in L.A. Derek Anderson was our second best player that year so that would of help to be more of a competive series if he was 100% but Kobe was having his way in that series so I still think the Lakers would of won. Of course Derek Fisher making about every 3 pointer that series didn't make anything easier.
In 02 of course manu and jackson would of helped us alot that series possibly when that series we needed to score in final minutes of the game because mr. steve smith couldn't hit crap

J_Paco
08-11-2010, 04:33 PM
I don't want to recall such horrible memories and have nightmares. Kobe and Shaq just overwhelmed the Spurs during those two postseasons. I still can vividly recall Kobe getting an offensive rebound putback to win game 4 in San Antonio over a rookie Tony Parker in '02. They shut down the Alamodome, although it didn't have the historic relevance of the Great Western Forum, in resounding fashion much like the Spurs did the G.W.F. in '99.

:(:(:(