PDA

View Full Version : Why did Nazr sit the WHOLE 4th quarter???

SpursChampsIII
05-18-2005, 09:43 AM
He clearly outplayed Duncan, played bigger and tougher than Duncan. Was Nazr hurt, tired, or maybe Pop was too brain-dead to see his boy (Timmy) was not playing with the same intensity? He could have played at least half the 4Q so that Timmy could stand 15 feet away from the basket where he feels comfortable.

LilMissSPURfect
05-18-2005, 09:49 AM
ancient chinese secret!

found something with Nazr and maybe didn't want to overexpose him for game 6!

Gummi
05-18-2005, 09:55 AM
The Sonics went small with Wilkins at the PF spot. So Pop had Duncan at the center and Horry playing the four spot since he's more mobile. Nazr was great last night and to score 19 points in 20 minutes is great.

coz
05-18-2005, 10:02 AM
"He clearly outplayed Duncan, played bigger and tougher than Duncan"

You must be absolutely insane or ignorant. Duncan was battling the entire night. The Sonics have 5 big bodies and 25 fouls to throw at Duncan, and he's still fighting. Yes Nazr did a great job cleaning up the scraps. Yes Nazr got a few easy dunks, but why is all of this possible? Because of the hard work Timmy is doing down on the post.

Congrats, that was the dumbest damn thing I have read on this board in over a year.....

CosmicCowboy
05-18-2005, 10:05 AM
Were we watching the same game?...Nazr didn't CLEARLY outplay Duncan...They were leaving Nazr to double team Tim and Manu was hitting him in the paint for easy dunks...smart recognition of defensive gambles...after the Spurs exploited it in the third it was clear that the Sonics would and did adjust...

SpurYank
05-18-2005, 10:06 AM
SpursChamp is on to something. Is something wrong with Duncan? He appears sluggish, slow even, and somewhat unmotivated. One Collison follow-through after an Allen miss was right behind Duncan, who was standing under the basket.

Can you imagine where we would be without Manu? It would be worse than 2004.

And what about Tony? He seems to be missing in action. I wouldn't mind his 6 to 8 points, if only he had as many assists. Hey, these are the playoffs. Everything should go up several notches. There are two Spurs who have stepped it up a bit, and perhaps Bruce's defense on Allen. Some Spurs are working at the same pace, or a little slower.

Should we get past Seattle, either the Suns or Mavericks are going to be much tougher.

mrose31
05-18-2005, 10:11 AM
I was thinking the same thing Nazr needs to play more. I think in the game 4 he only played 14 minutes. I know he cant shoot but he is big and slams the ball through the hoop unlike some of other big men (cough) Rasho.

sa_butta
05-18-2005, 10:12 AM
I dont understand Duncan is getting the looks he wants but the damn shots are not falling what is the deal. 4 feet away what more do you want?

MadDog73
05-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Simple. They wanted to rest Nazr for game 6! :smokin

Gummi
05-18-2005, 10:14 AM
Well, you can't have Nazr and Duncan playing when the other team has a very quick and small team out there. That's why Horry was out there. He's more mobile and runs the floor better.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-18-2005, 10:22 AM
I dont understand Duncan is getting the looks he wants but the damn shots are not falling what is the deal. 4 feet away what more do you want?

That was frustrating as hell when he came back in and started clanking, but are you going to tell Tim Duncan to pass up a chip shot in the paint? They'll start falling and eventually they did last night as well. The fact is that even though his shooting was off, his agressiveness at taking shots down low drew a lot of attention off of Nazr and Manu in the lane. If he starts passing up chip shots, Seattle gets to shift their defense to take away the weak side and guard penetration.

waly.mg
05-18-2005, 10:23 AM
Because if he played in the Fourth he outscored Tim Duncan

TD, 20 points in 40 min, Nazr 19 in 20

sa_butta
05-18-2005, 10:27 AM
That was frustrating as hell when he came back in and started clanking, but are you going to tell Tim Duncan to pass up a chip shot in the paint? They'll start falling and eventually they did last night as well. The fact is that even though his shooting was off, his agressiveness at taking shots down low drew a lot of attention off of Nazr and Manu in the lane. If he starts passing up chip shots, Seattle gets to shift their defense to take away the weak side and guard penetration.Im not saying to pass them up but damnit I wish they would drop. It seemed his shot was just too soft at times.

Jimcs50
05-18-2005, 10:28 AM
The only time when TD was no good was the last 6 mins of the 2nd quarter when TD was affraid to get his 3rd foul.

If TP could have hit that layup at the end of the 1st quarter, then TD would not have gotten that 2nd foul on the rebound foul.

WTF is with TP and Bowen's inability to hit layups in these last 3 games?

Do they have one eye on Seattle's goons?

Damn, they better get over that crap, if SA expects to advance to the Finals.

CosmicCowboy
05-18-2005, 10:29 AM

The sonics big man tag team has been effective on wearing down Tim...Nate has been switching them out on him every few minutes...every time they change Tim has to adjust his game and faces constant double teams...none of them are particularly great individually but the cumulative effect is that Tim gets tired legs...which directly translates to reduced shot efficiency...

Jimcs50
05-18-2005, 10:30 AM
In fact that reminded me of last year when Hedo could not hit a layup(he was 0-whatever in the game) and TD got a foul trying to rebound and TD was pretty much handcuffed for a long period in that last game against LA, when they lost game 6.

T Park
05-18-2005, 10:31 AM
I wouldn't mind his 6 to 8 points

except he had 11.

BTW, his assists for the billionth time arent gonna be high in this offense, because of how it works, and how many times the ball is gonna move around.

now of course last night's ball movement wasnt that great, but still, I think one of the few things, parker did OK, was get the team into its offense in the second half.

Im sure someone will come along and call me a homer kool aid drinking moron, but oh well.

Jimcs50
05-18-2005, 10:33 AM
except he had 11.

6 of them were meaningless.

spur219
05-18-2005, 10:36 AM
I did love the way Nazr played. I also go chills when he dunked it and started to yell to get all his team pumped up. It just goes to show that the new guy feels like he belongs their and that the team has accepted him. Good job Nazr and keep it up.

wildbill2u
05-18-2005, 10:45 AM
He clearly outplayed Duncan, played bigger and tougher than Duncan. Was Nazr hurt, tired, or maybe Pop was too brain-dead to see his boy (Timmy) was not playing with the same intensity? He could have played at least half the 4Q so that Timmy could stand 15 feet away from the basket where he feels comfortable.

wouldn't you like to have Pop answer that question? He clearly was a big factor while he was in. Why doesn't someone call in on his radio show and ask about these wierd rotation moves?

wildbill2u
05-18-2005, 10:49 AM
The Sonics went small with Wilkins at the PF spot. So Pop had Duncan at the center and Horry playing the four spot since he's more mobile. Nazr was great last night and to score 19 points in 20 minutes is great.

I say don't react to what they do until it's proved that the tactic works for them. Our starting five is formidable in its own way as proved by the fact that THEY tried to adjust. NASR could have popped Wilkins down a few times in the lane and slowed his ass down.

SpursChampsIII
05-18-2005, 10:54 AM
wouldn't you like to have Pop answer that question? He clearly was a big factor while he was in. Why doesn't someone call in on his radio show and ask about these wierd rotation moves?

I've tried to get through during the Pop show, but have not been able to get on. Most callers don't question his decisions when they get through, but sometimes he might be able to explain some things that don't appear to make sense. Sometimes the Spurs spend too much time trying to match up with somebody, maybe we should make them match up to us? When Nazr is playing with the kind of intensity he had last night, you just have to take advantage of it...he need MANY more minutes last night.

Louae
05-18-2005, 11:02 AM
except he had 11.

BTW, his assists for the billionth time arent gonna be high in this offense, because of how it works, and how many times the ball is gonna move around.

now of course last night's ball movement wasnt that great, but still, I think one of the few things, parker did OK, was get the team into its offense in the second half.

Im sure someone will come along and call me a homer kool aid drinking moron, but oh well.

Parker sucked for most of the game. He had no intensity. It's really frustrating b/c there's no-one on the sonics team that can stop him from penetrating into the paint. It was like he was playing scared out there for most of the game.

And don't think I'm a hater. Beleive me, I've been the biggest parker homer since he got into the league. But this performance last night was awful. For much of the game, he provided no energy or hustle. He wasn't pressuring Luke Ridnour on defense, he wasn't even helping out on those long boards on defense. I expect much more out of him that he's been giving. He should be dominating Ridnour. Where's the intensity on defense? Where's the intensity pushing the ball up the floor? He's not even cutting very hard when he's off the ball. It's like he's just floating around in la la land.

It wasn't until the last portion of the fourth quarter where he started to play with a little bit of fire. I remember him going after some loose balls and fighting for some defensive boards. I even saw him try to take a charge. Where was that fuckin' intensity for most of the game. And i'm not even including those jumpers he hit when the game was already decided. That didn't mean shit to me. The problem I'm having with Tony Parker right now is that he too often takes himself out of the game.

Louae
05-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Because if he played in the Fourth he outscored Tim Duncan

TD, 20 points in 40 min, Nazr 19 in 20

Buy a clue. If Duncan isn't in there, Nazr is not going for 19 points in 20 minutes. He's the Junk Man, not the money man. Ignorance is bliss.

ducks
05-18-2005, 11:05 AM
6 of them were meaningless.

so should they count only game winners now :angel