PDA

View Full Version : MMA (Spurs related)

8FOR!3
08-10-2010, 09:48 PM
So does anybody know if Pete Spratt and Tim Duncan are friends or anything??

Here's the story.

I'm training Jiu-Jitsu tonight at Rodrigo Pinheiro's place on 1604 off of Military and Pete Spratt's teaching MMA class. While why I'm trying to do what he had instructed us to do and I was about dead by then, 2 and a half hours into the workout, some tall tall guy came in and said hi to Pete Spratt and I can almost swear that Pete Spratt said hi Timmy, and he went over and talked to him for a few minutes. I tried to get a good look, but didn't even think about saying anything because I was so star struck, that had to be Tim Duncan haha. Doesn't he have a blonde middle aged wife? Because I think she was with him. Like I said, I didn't want to look like a dumb ass and ask a pro fighter "OMG is that Tim Duncan?!?!?!" but I really really think it was. And I know I've seen Tim Duncan shown at UFC events before, so he's definitely an MMA fan. Anybody know more about this than I do?

Just thought it was a cool story. :flag:

Mr. Body
08-10-2010, 09:52 PM
'middle aged'?

8FOR!3
08-10-2010, 09:59 PM
I don't know, I've never seen her, just that one picture of her and Tim. 30's or 40's. Anybody 10 years older than me is considered middle aged in Ryan's book. Just sayin.

ploto
08-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Amy is in her early 30's-- hardly middle-aged.

8FOR!3
08-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Okay lol, so she's not middle aged. I guess I figured she was early 40's, but thinking about it now that wouldn't even make much sense. But that's not what the thread's about.

I apologize for calling Tim Duncan's wife middle aged lol, can we move on now?

m33p0
08-10-2010, 10:17 PM
no. we'll fry you first.

TDMVPDPOY
08-10-2010, 10:21 PM
why didnt u challenge timmay to a fight?

8FOR!3
08-10-2010, 10:33 PM

Because the idea of getting the shit beat out of me by a professional athlete who was one of my idols growing up isn't too enticing. I mean, I know you're not being serious, buttt I'm just sayin. :toast

Libri
08-10-2010, 11:45 PM
middle aged :lol

Good thing Tim didn't hear you. :ihit

jimo2305
08-11-2010, 01:09 AM
So does anybody know if Pete Spratt and Tim Duncan are friends or anything??

Here's the story.

I'm training Jiu-Jitsu tonight at Rodrigo Pinheiro's place on 1604 off of Military and Pete Spratt's teaching MMA class. While why I'm trying to do what he had instructed us to do and I was about dead by then, 2 and a half hours into the workout, some tall tall guy came in and said hi to Pete Spratt and I can almost swear that Pete Spratt said hi Timmy, and he went over and talked to him for a few minutes. I tried to get a good look, but didn't even think about saying anything because I was so star struck, that had to be Tim Duncan haha. Doesn't he have a blonde middle aged wife? Because I think she was with him. Like I said, I didn't want to look like a dumb ass and ask a pro fighter "OMG is that Tim Duncan?!?!?!" but I really really think it was. And I know I've seen Tim Duncan shown at UFC events before, so he's definitely an MMA fan. Anybody know more about this than I do?

Just thought it was a cool story. :flag:

http://a.imageshack.us/img299/3023/coolstoryy.png

lol jk.. im jus jealous because i dont get that lucky and meet any of the famous spurs..

8FOR!3
08-11-2010, 01:24 AM
lol how did I not see the "cool story bro" coming? You'd think I've had a computer enough years by now to smarten up a little. Andd yeahh, fuck me on the middle aged comment, only SpursTalk would completely ignore the topic and give me hell for mistaking how old his wife is. :lol

gospursgojas
08-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Hes probably timmy's weedman

CubanSucks
08-11-2010, 04:01 AM
Tim just wanted to make sure he was down for the LAN party they had planned that night. Tim loves his video games :toast

G-Dawgg
08-11-2010, 07:55 AM

..ok there Joey Crawford settle down........

jimo2305
08-11-2010, 01:26 PM
..ok there Joey Crawford settle down........

:lol:lol:lol

polandprzem
08-11-2010, 01:36 PM
:flag:

Stringer_Bell
08-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Pete Spratt is pretty well respected in the MMA community, GSP said he had the best kicks too. The UFC connection is probably the best connection between them, I wouldn't be surprised if Timmy dabbles in training from time to time. Muay Thai would strengthen his legs for those long playoff campaigns :p

EmptyMan
08-11-2010, 07:38 PM
I didn't want to let this out of the bag this early but Timmy is involved in the remake of Lee's old flick...

http://blogs.abc.es/media/kareem-abduljabbar-and-bruce-lee1.jpg

jimo2305
08-11-2010, 08:01 PM
^ that'd be so awesome / chilling lol