PDA

View Full Version : Pippen picks MJ for his HOF intro speech

hater
08-11-2010, 10:07 AM
"I can't think of a better person to do it," said Pippen on Monday. "Michael is someone I shared my career with, accomplishing most of what I have accomplished thus far. He was a great teammate, teacher and admirer. I'm excited to have an opportunity to be the first person that he has presented into the Hall of Fame. I figure if anyone deserves to be on the stage with me, it's him." [...]

Pippen said Jordan was "thrilled and overwhelmed" by the invitation. [...]

"I had other guys that I thought about, but Michael was by far the obvious choice and an easy one for me to make," said Pippen.

MiamiHeat
08-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Ah, I will definitely be watching this.

Scottie and MJ teaming up again :)

scanry
08-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Pippen has a nice heart, and MJ should've had Pippen by his side last year.

PM5K
08-11-2010, 10:52 AM
You have to be a Hall Of Famer to present someone so it should be interesting so see if anyone else ever picks MJ or Pip to present them in the future.

OC Lakerfan
08-11-2010, 11:01 AM
I hope he doesn't talk about how great he is again.

hitmanyr2k
08-11-2010, 11:14 AM
I was hoping Scottie would pick another great SF like Julius Erving to be his presenter. If Jordan gets too much booze in him there's no telling what will happen :lol

Then again even last year during Jordan's diatribe against his "motivators" the first thing out of his mouth was nice words for Scottie so I think he'll do the job well.

JamStone
08-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Nice and obvious choice. Thank goodness presenters don't make the introductions.

I did find it strange Scottie called Michael a great "admirer." Just an odd choice of words. People don't generally claim other people as their "admirers" even if true. Almost felt like a self-affirmation "Michael loves me" comment.

benefactor
08-11-2010, 12:49 PM
I can hear Jordan now..."Every Batman needs a Robin, and I'm here today......"

lefty
08-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Jordan: " Scottie was an amazing Small Forward..speaking of small forwards, I would hanve never done what Lebron did this summer...."

lefty
08-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Nice and obvious choice. Thank goodness presenters don't make the introductions.

I did find it strange Scottie called Michael a great "admirer." Just an odd choice of words. People don't generally claim other people as their "admirers" even if true. Almost felt like a self-affirmation "Michael loves me" comment.
I think Scottie was referring to the humble comments MJ made about him in during the 72 wins season.
" Right now, Scottie is the best player in the NBA "

Ashy Larry
08-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Too bad they were locked into horrible contracts .......

Mark in Austin
08-11-2010, 03:38 PM
I wonder if MJ will shave his hitler mustache for the occasion...