PDA

View Full Version : My kid made his birthday wish list

desflood
08-11-2010, 02:13 PM
There are 13 damn things on it! He wants a couple of games (Super Smash Bros. and World of Warcraft), a Nintendo DS, Kids Bop 18, a toy sword and some ninja stars, an X-Box 360, 5 different comic strip books (Garfield, FoxTrot, Far Side, Calvin and Hobbes and Dilbert) and a Tails toy. Apparently he didn't get that memo about there being a recession :lol

Bender
08-11-2010, 02:16 PM
I don't see how kids can appreciate Dilbert humor. You need to have worked in an office environment...

DarkReign
08-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Ha.

Question...how old is your son? I wouldnt recommend WoW for anyone under the age of 15.

Cry Havoc
08-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Ha.

Question...how old is your son? I wouldnt recommend WoW for anyone under the age of 15.

Also be aware that the game is not playable offline, and it requires a $15/month subscription fee.

tlongII
08-11-2010, 02:20 PM
That's why they call it a "Wish" list and not a "Guarantee" list.

z0sa
08-11-2010, 02:22 PM
I wouldnt recommend WoW for anyone under the age of 15.

Also be aware that the game is not playable offline, and it requires a $15/month subscription fee.

Don't forget the whole 'robs you of your personal life/soul' stuff

baseline bum
08-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Ha.

Or for anyone over 15 who ever wants to get laid.

DarkReign
08-11-2010, 02:25 PM

:lmao

So true.

DarkReign
08-11-2010, 02:25 PM

Probably the most important point.

IronMexican
08-11-2010, 02:26 PM
My cousin has been playing WoW since he was 14. He's now a 19 year old virgin.

koriwhat

lame games but i do know of one that is free online. guildwars! my old roommate lives his life through that pathetic game. anyhow if he could spend hrs, weeks, months, yrs on it then that kid will get great pleasure passing the time in a made up world too.

DarkReign
70 Pally, LFG HHC

koriwhat
08-11-2010, 02:27 PM
My cousin has been playing WoW since he was 14. He's now a 19 year old virgin.

hahaha! only 21 more yrs to go.

Hustle & Flow
08-11-2010, 02:29 PM
:lol

z0sa
08-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Hopefully little desflood didn't want WoW too much. :lol

desflood
08-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Ha.

Oh, he's definitely not getting it - he's only going to be 10 :lol

I think the only reason he wants it is because my DEAR husband let the kids watch the WoW episode of Southpark. He'll most likely end up with the DS, Kids Bop, a couple of books and a talking to about how to not be a greedy little monster.

IronMexican
08-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Get him the Kids Bop, so you can laugh at him in about 2-3 years.

Sportcamper
08-11-2010, 02:43 PM
I just wanted a Schwinn when I was that age…

Cry Havoc
08-11-2010, 02:46 PM
a talking to about how to not be a greedy little monster.

Can't get what you don't ask for.

Well, you can, but you won't.

Maybe you should praise him for being so ambitious. :hat

DarkReign
08-11-2010, 02:47 PM

I think the only reason he wants it is because my DEAR husband let the kids watch the WoW episode of Southpark. He'll most likely end up with the DS, Kids Bop, a couple of books and a talking to about how to not be a greedy little monster.

Smart mother.

Calvin
08-11-2010, 02:51 PM
a couple of books and a talking to about how to not be a greedy little monster.
I wouldn't get him my books then.

koriwhat
08-11-2010, 02:59 PM

dyno for me

JoeChalupa
08-11-2010, 03:02 PM

Dang, talk about memories.

SpursWoman
08-11-2010, 04:02 PM
My daughter will be 15 on the 17th ... I got her wish list about a week ago. :lol

I was actually kind of surprised, it wasn't too terrible. :fro

DPG21920
08-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Get him WoW and then take it away so he can be like this:

YersIyzsOpc

baseline bum
08-11-2010, 04:15 PM
^^^ Remote control up the butt never stops being funny! :rollin

DarkReign
08-11-2010, 04:26 PM
YersIyzsOpc

See kids, heroin is fun right up until you decide to quit and experience withdrawals.

DarkReign
08-11-2010, 04:27 PM
^^^ Remote control up the butt never stops being funny! :rollin

BTW, I had never seen that video up until today, but WTF was that?

He shoves the remote in his ass and it actually seemed to calm him down.

Disturbing. He will never live down this video, I am actually confident this young man was last seen swinging from a shower curtain.

DarkReign
08-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Another meltdown.

A San Jose Sharks fan has a meltdown (hockey team). Queue the absolutely correct father.

If you just want to see the father, FF to 2:29

jakiqCPKyFU

IronMexican
08-11-2010, 04:43 PM
:lmao his dad got it 100% right. I never saw that Sharks video.

Stringer_Bell
08-11-2010, 04:46 PM

Shame! Shame! Shame!

I'm not one to tell folks how to parent, but Kids Bop is a terrrrrrrrrrrrible idea. Get the DS, a game (Pokemon or New Super Mario), Prince Valiant comic strip (he wants a sword, so that is sort of related) and Calvin & Hobbes...should be less than 200 for everything. :greedy

Chomag
08-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Heh, I was lucky to get at least 1 gift from my parents.

I'm wondering how he would even know about the south park WoW episode if he is only 10? It's animated yes, but most of the content on that show is not for the children.

CosmicCowboy
08-11-2010, 04:54 PM

I wanted a bigger rifle...in fact I chipped in some savings and got one for Christmas.

marini martini
08-11-2010, 05:00 PM

I wanted a bigger rifle...in fact I chipped in some savings and got one for Christmas.

When, last year???

CosmicCowboy
08-11-2010, 05:02 PM
When, last year???

Actually I did treat myself to a new/different rifle last year but I negotiated a 30-06 for Christmas when I was 9. I was already mowing yards for money and chipped in half of the cost.

mrsmaalox
08-11-2010, 05:08 PM
No not Kid's Bop!! I promise you'll hate yourself. ;)

We just do Christmas lists at my house, they list 5 things they want and they get 3 of them, all my choice. At birthdays they get one thing and a family dinner at the restaurant of their choice.

marini martini
08-11-2010, 05:10 PM

Actually I did treat myself to a new/different rifle last year but I negotiated a 30-06 for Christmas when I was 9. I was already mowing yards for money and chipped in half of the cost.

Dang so you just went from a sling shot to a 30-06 by the time you were 9??? Bet you were real fun to play cowboys & indians with!!!!:lol

desflood
08-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Shame! Shame! Shame!

I'm not one to tell folks how to parent, but Kids Bop is a terrrrrrrrrrrrible idea.
Maybe I missed something big, but I'm not sure what the harm is in a collection of songs sung by kids. All lyrics are edited to make them child-friendly.

desflood
08-11-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm wondering how he would even know about the south park WoW episode if he is only 10? It's animated yes, but most of the content on that show is not for the children.

I think the only reason he wants it is because my DEAR husband let the kids watch the WoW episode of Southpark.

Chomag
08-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Oops, I missed where you already explained that, my apologies. Did you smack him up side his head at least? Your husband I mean. :lol

Dex
08-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Maybe he's just giving you options?

As long as he doesn't expect to get everything on it, then I don't see the problem. Kids want the world.

Stringer_Bell
08-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Maybe I missed something big, but I'm not sure what the harm is in a collection of songs sung by kids. All lyrics are edited to make them child-friendly.

Des, look at me. Look me right in the eyes *points to eyes*...you don't want that music playing loud in your house or vehicle, or the shame that your son will suffer through in 3 years when he realizes how fucking lame Kids Bop is. It's not worth it, ma'am. Pretend you lost the list, whatever you gotta do to make it go away.

IronMexican
08-11-2010, 05:45 PM
or the shame that your son will suffer through in 3 years when he realizes how fucking lame Kids Bop is

Exactly why she has to get it for him. It's going to be so embarrassing for him 3 years from now.

Sense
08-11-2010, 06:09 PM
:lol@ kids bop...

SpursWoman
08-11-2010, 06:17 PM
My kids loved Barney tunes when they were little ... they had no issues growing out of it at the appropriate time. If you happen to listen a little closer to popular music an the radio, a huge percentage of it is talking about fucking in some way or another. Lame music >>>>>>>>> the awkwardness of your 10 year old singing along to something about tying someone to the bed and setting the house on fire. :fro

Kids Bop is fine for a 10 year old. As long as mom & dad can stand listening to it over, and over, and over, and over ......

desflood
08-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Des, look at me. Look me right in the eyes *points to eyes*...you don't want that music playing loud in your house or vehicle, or the shame that your son will suffer through in 3 years when he realizes how fucking lame Kids Bop is. It's not worth it, ma'am. Pretend you lost the list, whatever you gotta do to make it go away.

Yes, Dad... :depressed

My kids loved Barney tunes when they were little ... they had no issues growing out of it at the appropriate time. If you happen to listen a little closer to popular music an the radio, a huge percentage of it is talking about fucking in some way or another. Lame music >>>>>>>>> the awkwardness of your 10 year old singing along to something about tying someone to the bed and setting the house on fire. :fro

Kids Bop is fine for a 10 year old. As long as mom & dad can stand listening to it over, and over, and over, and over ......
Sorry Stringer, but I'm with SW on this one. There's no shame in letting kids listen to kids music - especially when most of what they listen to is decent quality adult music anyway.

I do like that Eminem track, however, but not around the kids.