PDA

View Full Version : MJ asked again about Kobe vs. LeBron (August 2010)

nevetslc
08-11-2010, 11:52 PM
1Pp10aHLdEc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pp10aHLdEc)

Same old story. The guy recognizes "it". Don't get mad, only being the messenger here. :D

Last year: pOsamobHeMc

Venti Quattro
08-12-2010, 12:11 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

1Pp10aHLdEc

namlook
08-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Watch your back MJ, Lebron is making mental notes about you! :lmao

oh crap
08-12-2010, 12:27 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

milkshakeballa
08-12-2010, 12:39 AM

:lol:lol:lol

I disagree though. Bron has been the better regular season player the past 2 years. Kobe was also injured though.

If I need a win I go with Kobe every single day of the week though

21_Blessings
08-12-2010, 12:39 AM

Robin probably can't even count to 6 to understand how many times MJ actually won. Which is why he guaranteed 8 championship after signing a 5-6 year deal.

Amaso
08-12-2010, 12:56 AM
The GOAT saying it how it is

mystargtr34
08-12-2010, 01:20 AM
That settles that.

HarlemHeat37
08-12-2010, 01:34 AM
Laker fan when MJ backs up Kobe.."YES! the GOAT has spoken..Jordan is the best of all-time, so he knows what he's talking about"..

Laker fan in Jordan vs. Kobe argument.."Kobe is the GOAT..Jordan played in a weak era, Kobe is the greatest!"..

Darrin
08-12-2010, 01:38 AM
I remember when they used to ask this question about Kobe and Vince Carter. Carter, of course, coming from North Carolina, and less contentious, was the assumed favorite. He always chose Kobe in that one, too.

Smooth Criminal
08-12-2010, 01:50 AM
:lol:lol:lol

I disagree though. Bron has been the better regular season player the past 2 years. Kobe was also injured though.

If I need a win I go with Kobe every single day of the week though
If there was ever an end all be all criteria for who is a better player...it's who is better at helping the team win.

Idk how you can say LeBron is better but you'd rather have Kobe if you want to win basketball games...

Cane
08-12-2010, 01:59 AM
Champions respect other champions. Just about disrespectful to say a two time Finals MVP is worse than a guy that got swept in the Finals, albeit it was an incredible run until then and he had a horrible team. Players' weaknesses and shitty traits are usually pushed aside as long as you get rings (6-24, etc). LeBron won't be getting respect from the GOATs until then especially with the way he's handled shit so far.

FWIW Larry Bird but this was before that Miami stuff:

IaSfliFOfuo

TheManFromAcme
08-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Laker fan when MJ backs up Kobe.."YES! the GOAT has spoken..Jordan is the best of all-time, so he knows what he's talking about"..

Laker fan in Jordan vs. Kobe argument.."Kobe is the GOAT..Jordan played in a weak era, Kobe is the greatest!"..

moot point.

Bottom line is that MJ has spoken and since folks like you and MiamiHeat insist on using MJ as the standard for all, well, the standard himself just established or at the least ininuated who the standard RIGHT NOW, PRESENT day is.

There is no other avenue to take now. :toast

Killakobe81
08-12-2010, 08:08 AM
I never said Kobe was GOAT ...not sure he's passed Magic in fact I know he hasn't ...they both only have one hand of rings ...

Now 2nd hand status puts you in heavy GOAT conversation ...

I only argue that Kobe is in the same sentennce or argument. Yes it's a short one MJ is better but yall act like he walks on water ...and given that fact his words have merit.

Lebron has been the better more consistent performer the past 2 years ...
But not the better winner and MJ respects that MOST of all ...all the rest is hype and numbers Mj wants to win.

chubster
08-12-2010, 09:46 AM
But the statistics........

Basketball Jones
08-12-2010, 10:14 AM
MJ knows what he is talking about. Until Lebron wins a championship, and he will with a lot of help from some friends, there is no doubt Kobe is the better clutch and total all around player.

Phallusy
08-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Adam Morrison :lmao

ambchang
08-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Jordan also liked Adam Morrison over Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay, Randy Foye and Ronnie Brewer.

Because Jordan saw how much a winner Morrison was with good teammates in college ran by a good coach under a good system. Very different reasons than how Bryant won rings. We all know Gasol, Bynum and Odom is the same frontline as a washup O'Neal, sideshow bob, and Z.

We know Mike Brown is the same coach as Phil Jackson.

And we also know that getting 21 FTAs in the 4th quarter is the same as, well, a normally, fairly, evenly called game.

rjv
08-12-2010, 11:26 AM
lebron isn't even the best player on his team anymore.

TheManFromAcme
08-12-2010, 11:28 AM
:rolleyes

MJ still knows what he's talking about.

PDXSpursFan
08-12-2010, 11:32 AM
MJ should be asked who's the 2nd best player: LeBron or Wade. That would be more interesting.

Kobe > Wade > LeBron

Mike-in-brazil
08-12-2010, 11:35 AM
LOL@ cats feelings
MJ dick riders that hate kobe
When they see this its like watching their mother suck one of their friends dicks( see you moms gagin)..makes em wana throw up!! this is is funny to see the view high put post low...
Truth is a reality alot of people don't wana face

Mike-in-brazil
08-12-2010, 11:57 AM
MJ should be asked who's the 2nd best player: LeBron or Wade. That would be more interesting.

Kobe > Wade > LeBron

Truth!!!
good point....PDX

or who do u like better?..LOL

BadOdor
08-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Jordan also liked Adam Morrison over Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay, Randy Foye and Ronnie Brewer.

Because Jordan saw how much a winner Morrison was with good teammates in college ran by a good coach under a good system. Very different reasons than how Bryant won rings. We all know Gasol, Bynum and Odom is the same frontline as a washup O'Neal, sideshow bob, and Z.

And we also know that getting 21 FTAs in the 4th quarter is the same as, well, a normally, fairly, evenly called game.

Are fta's supposed to be even for the same teams? The disparity makes perfect sense when you consider the offensive rebounding edge the lakers had.

But then again, I'm talking to a spur fan. You probably think the league is rigged, although the spurs were so good they managed to win anywayz!!!!

Venti Quattro
08-12-2010, 12:53 PM

lol. i hope someone skullfucks you like you've never been skullfucked before

ambchang
08-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Are fta's supposed to be even for the same teams? The disparity makes perfect sense when you consider the offensive rebounding edge the lakers had.

But then again, I'm talking to a spur fan. You probably think the league is rigged, although the spurs were so good they managed to win anywayz!!!!

LOL, 21 FTA in the 4th quarter after only 16 in the previous 3 quarters. vs only 6 FTA for the Celtics in the 4th when they had 11 in the previous 3 quarters.

And you were talking offensive rebounding? The Lakers had 9 offensive rebounds in the 4th, of which a staggering 4 of them were team rebounds off miss FTs (and one off a KG block of Artest). The Celtics, over the 4th period, only had 4 offensive rebounds, but only ONE of that was off missed FTs.

The Lakers actually only had a 5-3 non missed FT related offensive rebounds. Certainly not by even close to the margin of, say 21-6.

But then again, I am speaking to a Laker fan, who doesn't even know basketball existed until the Lakers landed Pau Gasol.

ambchang
08-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Shout out to Adam Morrison, once more!

BadOdor
08-12-2010, 01:24 PM
ITS RIGGED I TELL YOU:depressed:depressed:depressed

ambchang
08-12-2010, 01:32 PM
I don't have anything to refute numbers, so I resort to putting words in other people's mouths.

:depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed

ambchang
08-12-2010, 01:34 PM
:lmao

I know, questionable officiating is very funny when they are in your favourite team's favour. It validates your existence through absolutely no effort of your own.

You should be proud, it is afterall your biggest accomplishment in life so far.

SomeCallMeTim
08-12-2010, 02:29 PM
I know, questionable officiating is very funny when they are in your favourite team's favour. It validates your existence through absolutely no effort of your own.

Don't worry, Lakers have been on the short end of "questionable officiating*" plenty of times, too. 2008 Finals Game 2 for instance.

Difference is, you don't see Lakerfan going around beating the "ITS A CONSPERASY!!1!!" drum. Most of us just moved on, realizing a better team beat us in 2008. It happens.

*your term, not mine, I didn't have have much of a problem with the officiating overall

TheManFromAcme
08-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Shout out to Adam Morrison, once more!

....still has absolutely nothing to do with MJ's opinion regarding Kobe. Get over it and accept it like a man.

If he had picked Lebron you would have hailed him as a genius.

The argument is forever over. This thread will forever be referenced.
oh,...and the video....:toast

lefty
08-12-2010, 02:50 PM
laker fan when mj backs up kobe.."yes! The goat has spoken..jordan is the best of all-time, so he knows what he's talking about"..

Laker fan in jordan vs. Kobe argument.."kobe is the goat..jordan played in a weak era, kobe is the greatest!"..
this.

Thread

TheManFromAcme
08-12-2010, 04:11 PM
moot point.

Bottom line is that MJ has spoken and since folks like you and MiamiHeat insist on using MJ as the standard for all, well, the standard himself just established or at the least ininuated who the standard RIGHT NOW, PRESENT day is.

Sorry Lefty....

THIS ^ is the "one" that puts it all to rest.

:toast

Red Hawk #21
08-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Robin probably can't even count to 6 to understand how many times MJ actually won. Which is why he guaranteed 8 championship after signing a 5-6 year deal.

lakaluva's mom
08-12-2010, 04:25 PM

The haters are always deep. Especially in LA.:lol

Not as deep as Koolaid in your ass. You might want to unpucker those asscheeks, so he can pull out now. Your ass can only take so much, or maybe yours can, faggot!

HeatChamps
08-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Wade>Lebron>Kobe>Jordan. Face the facts.

lakaluva's mom
08-12-2010, 04:37 PM
:lol

What's good wicha baby?

Koolaid's line to you, then the barebacking begins

DeadlyDynasty
08-12-2010, 05:03 PM

Could you be anymore butthurt over the Lakers?

With each new post you look more and more like a petulant little child. Seriously, look at all your Lakers-related posts...

But by all means, keep watching the "questionable officiating," and come back and sob some more. Your anguish and jealousy sustains me during the offseason.

ambchang
08-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Don't worry, Lakers have been on the short end of "questionable officiating*" plenty of times, too. 2008 Finals Game 2 for instance.

Difference is, you don't see Lakerfan going around beating the "ITS A CONSPERASY!!1!!" drum. Most of us just moved on, realizing a better team beat us in 2008. It happens.

*your term, not mine, I didn't have have much of a problem with the officiating overall

Did you just compare Game 2 2008 to Game 7 2010? Was Game 2 a deciding game? Didn't the Lakers outscore the Celtics 41-25? Didn't the Celtics only outshot the Lakers 12-6 in FTA in the 4th, despite 4 of them coming from intentional fouls?

Isn't this the same Lakers who was roundly criticized for being too soft and got bullied throughout the series?

ambchang
08-12-2010, 08:15 PM
....still has absolutely nothing to do with MJ's opinion regarding Kobe. Get over it and accept it like a man.

If he had picked Lebron you would have hailed him as a genius.

The argument is forever over. This thread will forever be referenced.
oh,...and the video....:toast

LOL, Jordan had a history of picking poor talent, and using him as some kind of gauge when he said Kobe is better than Lebron speaks to NOTHING about the respective standing of those two players, because Jordan SUCKS at picking talent.

If Jordan picked Lebron and Heat fans use it as any kind of reference, I would laugh just as loud, because using Jordan as a reference for talent has proven to be retarded.

ambchang
08-12-2010, 08:18 PM
I got my ass handed over to me over the Internets. I am so mad that I need to do Internet psychiatry.

:(:(:(:(:(

HarlemHeat37
08-12-2010, 08:54 PM
moot point.

Please show me where or how I've ever considered Jordan to be the "standard" of judging talent? :lol..

I consider Jordan to be the GOAT basketball player, that's it..I'm not a fan of his, I think he's a POS, I hope he's overtaken one day by a classier player, even though it probably won't happen..

He's a proven horrible judge of talent..

As for this thread, there's really no possible argument that a Kobe supporter can have to claim he's the best player in the NBA..I have yet to hear a decent argument..going into the Boston series, I said Kobe had a good chance to re-gain the status as the best player in the NBA, if he could have a good series and show the advantages over Lebron, since King struggled vs. Boston..

Kobe responded by shooting 40% vs. Boston and going 6-24, killing any argument he had about his "killer instinct" and "clutch" advantage, which is pretty much all he had going for him in this argument..

I would like for somebody to make an argument for Kobe..

Old school guys are always going to go by the "rings over everything" argument, which is obviously flawed..

MJ knows what he is talking about. Until Lebron wins a championship, and he will with a lot of help from some friends, there is no doubt Kobe is the better clutch and total all around player.

Lebron is statistically a better clutch player than Kobe, and he has shown that he's better in close-out situations during the playoffs..there's no argument for Kobe being a better all-around player at this point in Kobe's career..

lebron isn't even the best player on his team anymore.

Changing teams makes you an inferior player all of a sudden? :lol..

LOL@ cats feelings
MJ dick riders that hate kobe
When they see this its like watching their mother suck one of their friends dicks( see you moms gagin)..makes em wana throw up!! this is is funny to see the view high put post low...
Truth is a reality alot of people don't wana face

Can this guy stop posting already?..

namlook
08-12-2010, 09:06 PM

There's a huge difference between making predictions about how good a college player will be in the NBA and making a determination of which NBA player has been better based on what they have already done. Those are two very different things. Making predictions about the future is much harder to do than making an accurate assessment about what has already occurred.

Koolaid_Man
08-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Please show me where or how I've ever considered Jordan to be the "standard" of judging talent? :lol..

I consider Jordan to be the GOAT basketball player, that's it..I'm not a fan of his, I think he's a POS, I hope he's overtaken one day by a classier player, even though it probably won't happen..

He's a proven horrible judge of talent..

As for this thread, there's really no possible argument that a Kobe supporter can have to claim he's the best player in the NBA..I have yet to hear a decent argument..going into the Boston series, I said Kobe had a good chance to re-gain the status as the best player in the NBA, if he could have a good series and show the advantages over Lebron, since King struggled vs. Boston..

Kobe responded by shooting 40% vs. Boston and going 6-24, killing any argument he had about his "killer instinct" and "clutch" advantage, which is pretty much all he had going for him in this argument..

I would like for somebody to make an argument for Kobe..

Sucks for you that muthafucker named Koolaid is back...

1.)Arthritic knee ( that he never complained about, had drained several times during the post season and actually just had surgery on) and 2.) broken digit on his money ball hand with a big wad of tape wrapped around it, unlike LeELBOW who whined about a fake elbow injury only never to mention it again after the tank jo... and guess what my Nigga Kobe still won that fucking Chip...

otherwise you would have witnessed a LAker ass raping so raw it would have done Red proud...

here is an example of the ass kicking that a healthy Kobe typically delivers...Since Wade is now your King I will use him as Kobe's whipping boy in this case:

Check out the date on the vid Homo this was like yesterday:
zDH2pesxQsI

DeadlyDynasty
08-12-2010, 11:09 PM
and your crying continues, ambchang...do you think if you cry loud and long enough about the officiating that it'll change the outcomes of those games? Seriously, answer that question--or just go to bed son--this is man's game and there's no room for people who cry to mommy and make excuses.

btw, nice avatar...didn't realize you were such a big Antonio McDyess fan

Koolaid_Man
08-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Wade was at Kobe's mercy in that vid.:lol

lol and the Nigga was still chewing his gum like it wasn't shit...Miami don't realize they're fucked...Kobe usually beasts when in the state of Florida...whether Orlando or Miami they're fucked...

Koolaid_Man
08-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Not as deep as Koolaid in your ass. You might want to unpucker those asscheeks, so he can pull out now. Your ass can only take so much, or maybe yours can, faggot!

Yo bitch keep my name out your mouth bitch...that is of course unless you have a pussy..if you have a pussy then put this on your ipod...I was jamming this in kindergarten...so I'm tru playa certified...cut the bullshit nigga...

iZVMT_itVC4

himat
08-13-2010, 12:51 AM
Personally what I think about is how LBJ and Kobe faced many of the same struggles as stud players coming out of high school.

Coming out of that rape case, even though he might have not committed the crime, Kobe did at least cheat on his wife and the taunting and humiliation he received was just like the taunting LeBron has gotten over this summer.

Kobe shut his mouth and won. LeBron's not doing that first part really well.

milkshakeballa
08-13-2010, 01:16 AM
There's a huge difference between making predictions about how good a college player will be in the NBA and making a determination of which NBA player has been better based on what they have already done. Those are two very different things. Making predictions about the future is much harder to do than making an accurate assessment about what has already occurred.

This x100.

I didn't know Harlem was such a fucking idiot.

21_Blessings
08-13-2010, 02:11 AM
Wade was at Kobe's mercy in that vid.:lol

1:23 :hat

HarlemHeat37
08-13-2010, 02:22 AM
Personally what I think about is how LBJ and Kobe faced many of the same struggles as stud players coming out of high school.

Coming out of that rape case, even though he might have not committed the crime, Kobe did at least cheat on his wife and the taunting and humiliation he received was just like the taunting LeBron has gotten over this summer.

Kobe shut his mouth and won. LeBron's not doing that first part really well.

:lol What they did was very comparable..one guy raped a woman, then proceeded to snitch on his teammate for no reason..the other guy left his team through Free Agency, while generating 6 million $ to charity..very comparable..

Except Jordan doesn't actually state his argument to show his assessment of the players..partly because it would waste time at those camps or wherever he was at, and the other part is because he can't..

All these people that say Kobe is the best player in the NBA can't back up their arguments..I have honestly yet to hear one..I can't really imagine a proper argument to back Kobe up..

I don't expect it from any Lakers/Pistons fans on SpursTalk(I group the Pistons, because there are a surprising amount of Pistons fans that are Laker homers here), because pretty much every Laker fan here has no ability to argue about basketball, so feel free to quote a 3rd party's argument..

HarlemHeat37
08-13-2010, 02:22 AM
:lol Al-Quobe going off of random, individual plays to make arguments..

namlook
08-13-2010, 02:32 AM
All these people that say Kobe is the best player in the NBA can't back up their arguments..I have honestly yet to hear one..I can't really imagine a proper argument to back Kobe up..

People like you can't be convinced no matter how compelling the evidence. You would dismiss it all. So why should anyone waste their breath talking to you about it?

TheManFromAcme
08-13-2010, 05:50 AM

....but the fact remains that this thread was not about using individual plays for Kobe's sakes. It's about MJ's opinion regarding who he thinks is the better player. Nothing more. Nothing less. He spoke and obviously his resounding opinion is tearing you new one. Never mind that if he would have said it was Lebron, you, Heat and the rest of the Lebron nut-huggers in here would have said case closed.

It's cowardly if you ask me. Take the medicine. Accept that Kobe is the better player for now and move on. The more you go against the collective grains, in this case MJ being Big-Kahuna grain himself, the more stupid and idiotic you Bron lovers in here appear.

You guys insisted that MJ is God, well God spoke and now your commiting heresy. Basketball heathens. :nope

21_Blessings
08-13-2010, 07:17 AM
You can't be the best player in the game without a post game anyways. It's an unwritten law among basketball greats.

ambchang
08-13-2010, 09:25 AM

How about Jason Richardson and Jared Dudley to Phoenix for Raja Bell, Boris Diaw and Sean Singletary?

Getting Desagana Diop (well for trash, to be fair)?

picc84
08-13-2010, 09:29 AM

:lol you dickriding osama bin robin

ambchang
08-13-2010, 09:31 AM
People like you can't be convinced no matter how compelling the evidence. You would dismiss it all. So why should anyone waste their breath talking to you about it?

How was the evidence compelling? Because an, at best, average GM who happened to be the GOAT said so?

What other evidence is there? That when Kobe had bad teammates his team couldn't get in the playoffs or got bounced in the 1st round?

That Lebron, with poor teammates, dragged his team to the playoffs (albeit in the much weaker EC)?

That Kobe threw his teammates under the bus multiple times?

That Kobe created turmoil in a team with 4 HoFs and lost to the underdog Pistons?

That Kobe shot 6-24 in the Game 7 for 23 points and required great efforts by Gasol and Artest to win the game, along with a very mysterious 21 FTA in the 4th?

That Game 6 vs. the Kings in 2002 was so ridiculously controversial the NBA removed all references to that game on youtube?

TheManFromAcme
08-13-2010, 09:37 AM
MJ's comments are definitely salt to your wounds aren't they ambchang?

himat
08-13-2010, 09:54 AM
:lol What they did was very comparable..one guy raped a woman, then proceeded to snitch on his teammate for no reason..the other guy left his team through Free Agency, while generating 6 million $ to charity..very comparable

I'm not saying that LeBron leaving Cleveland is worse than Kobe's rape case, in fact, Kobe's situation was a lot worse.

Kobe kept his mouth shut, worked hard, and rebuilt his reputation. LeBron isn't doing the first part.

Letting his game do all the talking would be a much more effective way to shut people up.

Killakobe81
08-13-2010, 10:04 AM
You can't be the best player in the game without a post game anyways. It's an unwritten law among basketball greats.

You can't be the best in the game WITHOUT winning it all. Period. that's how MJ was wired. he knew he was better than Magic and Bird but he needed to PROVE it with a trophy and ring.

Lebron has got an arguuably better Pippen than kobe or MJ saw now he need to go snatch 6 ...

Until then Lebron is the better day in day out but absolute BEST player in the game? Nah, brah no rings no glory ... end of story.

Killakobe81
08-13-2010, 10:05 AM
How was the evidence compelling? Because an, at best, average GM who happened to be the GOAT said so?

What other evidence is there? That when Kobe had bad teammates his team couldn't get in the playoffs or got bounced in the 1st round?

That Lebron, with poor teammates, dragged his team to the playoffs (albeit in the much weaker EC)?

That Kobe created turmoil in a team with 4 HoFs and lost to the underdog Pistons?

That Kobe shot 6-24 in the Game 7 for 23 points and required great efforts by Gasol and Artest to win the game, along with a very mysterious 21 FTA in the 4th?

That Game 6 vs. the Kings in 2002 was so ridiculously controversial the NBA removed all references to that game on youtube?

LOL cry me a river rings all that matters ...

ambchang
08-13-2010, 10:25 AM
MJ's comments are definitely salt to your wounds aren't they ambchang?

Not really, it was more that Laker fans, all of a sudden, are saying MJ's opinions are somehow the golden standard to which all basketball fans have to agree to, despite his questionable ability to be a talent evaluator.

ambchang
08-13-2010, 10:38 AM
LOL cry me a river rings all that matters ...

Do you have anything meaningful to say in this matter. A Laker fan said Harlem's opinion cannot be changed despite overwhelming evidence, and I asked, what evidence?

What was it that I said that was untrue?

Oh, I forgot to mention two MVPs the last two years.

Killakobe81
08-13-2010, 10:57 AM

No i wont add here i said my piece but the above that is Excuse, excuse, excuse.
Lebron is great he doesnt need your excuses. But he does need a ring to validate his legacy ...otherwise he is Karl malone or chuck they made it to the Finals too ...

Cry Havoc
08-13-2010, 11:14 AM
The sound you heard when this thread was made was dozens of Lakers fans spooging all over their computers.

Killakobe81
08-13-2010, 11:17 AM
The sound you heard when this thread was made was dozens of Lakers fans spooging all over their computers.

the other sound you heard is the screech of airjordans, stacy adams crocs and gucci loafers as the haters backpedal because the GOAT agrees with that Kobe is better ...

Cry Havoc
08-13-2010, 11:27 AM
the other sound you heard is the screech of airjordans, stacy adams crocs and gucci loafers as the haters backpedal because the GOAT agrees with that Kobe is better ...

He's also the guy that led the team he owned to a championship on the basis of his ability to judge talent.

Oh wait. He sucked and signed a bunch of awful players who had no business being on a team together.

Jordan knows Kobe will never eclipse his legacy. He knows LeBron has a chance, albeit an outside one, to do so. Of course he's going to say Kobe. Jordan doesn't want anyone compared to him, and the next logical step people take after defining LeBron as clearly a better player than Kobe (which he is) is to start comparing him to the GoAT.

TheManFromAcme
08-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Not really, it was more that Laker fans, all of a sudden, are saying MJ's opinions are somehow the golden standard to which all basketball fans have to agree to, despite his questionable ability to be a talent evaluator.

answer this:....

What if in the video MJ would have said Bron and it was Laker fan arguing his credibility. What would your justification be.

Just curious.

Cry Havoc
08-13-2010, 11:33 AM

What if in the video MJ would have said Bron and it was Laker fan arguing his credibility. What would your justification be.

Just curious.

That's the point. It really does not matter what Jordan thinks. It really doesn't. As far as evaluating other players go, he's just another former player with average to (maybe) slightly above average ability.

ambchang
08-13-2010, 11:35 AM

Just curious.

Depending on what the Heat group will say. If they take it as some final say on the matter, I would make fun of them just as much.

In my mind, Lebron is a better player than Kobe, and he has been for a few years, but I am not going to use Jordan as some kind of reference, he has proven he cannot judge talent.

picc84
08-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Jordans just scared of Kobe. He doesn't want to anger him by saying he's not the best.

Wait, thats wrong. Jordans actually scared of Lebron. He's frightened he'll surpass his legacy and is shaking in his boots thinking about it.

TheManFromAcme
08-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Jordans just scared of Kobe. He doesn't want to anger him by saying he's not the best.

Wait, thats wrong. Jordans actually scared of Lebron. He's frightened he'll surpass his legacy and is shaking in his boots thinking about it.

....and his mental notes......:toast

ambchang
08-13-2010, 11:39 AM
No i wont add here i said my piece but the above that is Excuse, excuse, excuse.
Lebron is great he doesnt need your excuses. But he does need a ring to validate his legacy ...otherwise he is Karl malone or chuck they made it to the Finals too ...

First, learn to quote.

Second, learn to type, I have no clue what you are sayiing in your first "sentence", and I really mean that.

It's totally fine to have typos and grammatical errors and such, but at least type in a manner where your point could be understood.

Third, read the thread, the thread is about Laker fans going gaga about Jordan naming Kobe as the better of the two, and use that as some kind of argument.

It has NOTHING to do with Lebron's legacy.

And FYI, Malone is a choker, and Barkley can't defend. Lebron is still not where those two are from a career accomplishments standpoint, but Lebron's prime has already surpassed those two.

Cry Havoc
08-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Btw Lakers fans, no one cares about this argument anymore because every other fanbase that's not suddenly hating LeBron for going to Miami knows that he's a better player. It's a dead issue.

LOL @ LeBron being 25 and already having more MVPs than Kobe.

Venti Quattro
08-13-2010, 11:49 AM
take your MVPs to south beach and stick it up your ass!

Killakobe81
08-13-2010, 11:52 AM
First, learn to quote.

Second, learn to type, I have no clue what you are sayiing in your first "sentence", and I really mean that.

It's totally fine to have typos and grammatical errors and such, but at least type in a manner where your point could be understood.

Third, read the thread, the thread is about Laker fans going gaga about Jordan naming Kobe as the better of the two, and use that as some kind of argument.

It has NOTHING to do with Lebron's legacy.

And FYI, Malone is a choker, and Barkley can't defend. Lebron is still not where those two are from a career accomplishments standpoint, but Lebron's prime has already surpassed those two.

Oh thank you your highness. I will follow your wishes ...clown.

1. I dont care ...I havent even clicked on the video I read what he said elsewhere ...Im not gaga over it. I just hate people that twist debates or ignore opinions when it doesnt suit their own.

2. You can't read or quote either. OP was about MJ saying Kobe was better. So the masses say Lebron is better that means more than HOF former players? you quoting other NBA forums as a credible source? Seriously?

3. Lebron has 2 MVP's big deal ... so does MJ, Nash, Magic Bird, Magic and Malone. Let me see ... on that list who has no rings? out of the guys no longer playing how many of those guys said recently kobe is better?

4. Malone is a choker I can't argue he came up lame in some big games but what was Lebron doing againstthe Celts this past season? Barkley can't defend but is HOF'er as wel and no quitter ...

Cry Havoc
08-13-2010, 12:03 PM
3. Lebron has 2 MVP's big deal ... so does MJ, Nash, Magic Bird, Magic and Malone.

OH no, not the Magic Bird! :lol

TheManFromAcme
08-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Btw Lakers fans, no one cares about this argument anymore because every other fanbase that's not suddenly hating LeBron for going to Miami knows that he's a better player. It's a dead issue.

LOL @ LeBron being 25 and only having more MVPs than Kobe's rings.

...Yet your feeding this thread because MJ touched a nerve with you.
I understand now.

btw.....fixed it for ya....:toast

Cry Havoc
08-13-2010, 12:20 PM
...Yet your feeding this thread because MJ touched a nerve with you.
I understand now.

btw.....fixed it for ya....:toast

Robert Horry top ten player in NBA history forum.

Btw, if you're going to change someone's quote, make sure you change it so that it still makes sense afterward. :lol

TheManFromAcme
08-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Robert Horry 2nd best player in NBA history forum.

Btw, if you're going to change someone's quote, make sure you change it so that it still makes sense afterward. :lol

.....and still feeding it....

tsk, tsk

HarlemHeat37
08-13-2010, 12:21 PM
There have been many NBA people that have said Lebron is better, but most of the Lebron supporters don't use that in our arguments..

Using other people's opinion as an argument was started around 2006, where Al-Quobe started asking about the best player in the NBA, and people would say Kobe..they are the only fan base that bases their entire argument on the opinions of the media and others, because that's the only thing they have going for them in arguments..

I don't use other people's opinions to back Lebron up in this argument, because I don't need to..I can back up my arguments using facts and logic, which are 2 things that Al-Quobe hates..

TheManFromAcme
08-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Robert Horry 2nd best player in NBA history forum.

Oh, it makes sense alright. You just cant comprehend.
Pretty easy.

Cry Havoc
08-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Oh, it makes sense alright. You just cant comprehend.
Pretty easy.

"LOL @ LeBron being 25 and only having more MVPs than Kobe's rings."

So which is it? Does LeBron have 6 MVPs or does Kobe only have one ring?

TheManFromAcme
08-13-2010, 12:25 PM
There is an insinuation element in it you can't grasp.
Really. I understand. It makes sense to me and afterall......that's all that matters.
Sorry....

TheManFromAcme
08-13-2010, 12:29 PM
:donkey = Cry havoc

ambchang
08-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Oh thank you your highness. I will follow your wishes ...clown.

If you call a clown your highness, does that mean you are a clown peasant?

1. I dont care ...I havent even clicked on the video I read what he said elsewhere ...Im not gaga over it. I just hate people that twist debates or ignore opinions when it doesnt suit their own.

Such as .....

2. You can't read or quote either. OP was about MJ saying Kobe was better. So the masses say Lebron is better that means more than HOF former players? you quoting other NBA forums as a credible source? Seriously?

I was talking about the thread, not OP.

3. Lebron has 2 MVP's big deal ... so does MJ, Nash, Magic Bird, Magic and Malone. Let me see ... on that list who has no rings? out of the guys no longer playing how many of those guys said recently kobe is better?

Let me see ... how many on that list is retired and considered the top 10 of all time?

4. Malone is a choker I can't argue he came up lame in some big games but what was Lebron doing againstthe Celts this past season? Barkley can't defend but is HOF'er as wel and no quitter ...

Malone dropped 20+ in a row when? Lebron already have more clutch moments than that pedophile Malone did his whole 20 year career.

ambchang
08-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Come to think of it, I can't really blame some Laker fans for basing their argument on other people's opinions, they don't even know the game of basketball! I mean, I am starting to think that I shouldn't have expectations that those Laker fans can come up with original arguments of their own.

Killakobe81
08-13-2010, 01:32 PM
If you call a clown your highness, does that mean you are a clown peasant?

Such as .....

I was talking about the thread, not OP.

Let me see ... how many on that list is retired and considered the top 10 of all time?

Malone dropped 20+ in a row when? Lebron already have more clutch moments than that pedophile Malone did his whole 20 year career.

I am not even going to continue this debate. Because much like the Paul vs. Dwill one, It starts to sound as though I am knocking PAUL or LBJ. Chris Paul is the closest thing i have seen to Isiah and that is a helluva compliment. Many could argue he is better, but again to me rings have to come FIRST before I go there. Paul may end up with the better career and the better player I just argued Dwill has been better the past 2 years.

Back to Lebron. He is the greatest force of nature I have ever seen. Much like Mj before him, Lebron is the greatest natural athlete we have in the sport hands, down. I even thought Lebron had a chance to surpass MJ as GOAT. When Lebron went on that tirade against the pistons. I was a witness. But the past 2 seasons Lebron has left me wanting. When he was needed most he did not succeed. Yes, he has 2 MVP's but I thought his playoff run that year and the one after against the celts in the ECF was more worty of his legend ...and his talent. And he had EVEN LESS help than he had the past 2 years with HCA.

When you are the best you hve to ring. I like both Brees and peyton manning in the NFL. But without a title you can not make a case they were the best. The best win titles. And when Manning lost with homefield to the Steelers (before he rang) i crucified him for it as well. When Lebron wins the stain is gone. Just like kobe needed to win post-Shaq, Lebron needs a title. I don't think that is asking too much ESPECIALLY now that he has Wade and Bosh.

TheManFromAcme
08-13-2010, 02:04 PM
I am not even going to continue this debate. Because much like the Paul vs. Dwill one, It starts to sound as though I am knocking PAUL or LBJ. Chris Paul is the closest thing i have seen to Isiah and that is a helluva compliment. Many could argue he is better, but again to me rings have to come FIRST before I go there. Paul may end up with the better career and the better player I just argued Dwill has been better the past 2 years.

Back to Lebron. He is the greatest force of nature I have ever seen. Much like Mj before him, Lebron is the greatest natural athlete we have in the sport hands, down. I even thought Lebron had a chance to surpass MJ as GOAT. When Lebron went on that tirade against the pistons. I was a witness. But the past 2 seasons Lebron has left me wanting. When he was needed most he did not succeed. Yes, he has 2 MVP's but I thought his playoff run that year and the one after against the celts in the ECF was more worty of his legend ...and his talent. And he had EVEN LESS help than he had the past 2 years with HCA.

When you are the best you hve to ring. I like both Brees and peyton manning in the NFL. But without a title you can not make a case they were the best. The best win titles. And when Manning lost with homefield to the Steelers (before he rang) i crucified him for it as well. When Lebron wins the stain is gone. Just like kobe needed to win post-Shaq, Lebron needs a title. I don't think that is asking too much ESPECIALLY now that he has Wade and Bosh.

Good stuff Killa.
:tu

I too don't aruge Brons amazing talent. Who can? But the sheer fact is, is that he is not a winner. Screw the MVP's. Screw the "talent around him argument" that is beginning to stink up this joint. The guy was on a team with multiple 60+ win seasons.

He needs to win and STFU.

....or he can continue with his mental notes.

Cry Havoc
08-13-2010, 02:22 PM
There is an insinuation element in it you can't grasp.
Really. I understand. It makes sense to me and afterall......that's all that matters.
Sorry....

Your "insinuation" is extremely poorly phrased. Perhaps you should spend a little more time on substantive posts and little less time trying to be witty.

TheManFromAcme
08-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Your "insinuation" is extremely poorly phrased. Perhaps you should spend a little more time on substantive posts and little less time trying to be witty.

This is a basketball forum dummy. Quit takin yourself so serious.
Substantive posts will be made on matters that, well,....really matter. Not some bozos bouncing a leather ball.

Idiot.

Cry Havoc
08-13-2010, 02:36 PM
This is a basketball forum dummy. Quit takin yourself so serious.
Substantive posts will be made on matters that, well,....really matter. Not some bozos bouncing a leather ball.

Idiot.

And yet here you are, making all the effort in the world to be super clever with your snarky jab at something that doesn't matter.

Interesting.

TheManFromAcme
08-13-2010, 02:39 PM
And yet here you are, making all the effort in the world to be super clever with your snarky jab at something that doesn't matter.

Interesting.

buh-buy

Cry Havoc
08-13-2010, 02:42 PM
buh-buy

Name-calling on a forum: The sign you take things a little too seriously. :lol

TheManFromAcme
08-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Name-calling on a forum: The sign you take things a little too seriously. :lol

:p:

ambchang
08-13-2010, 02:48 PM

I agree Lebron needs to win, but people are putting way too much emphasis on the outcome of games to judge their greatness.

If Jordan was stuck with Olden Polynice instead of having Pippen, would this have made Jordan less great?

If Magic didn't have Kareem, and landed in New Orleans instead, would he become one of the greatest of all time?

What about if Bird never had McHale and Parish because the Warriors didn't get stupid?

Or Duncan was stuck with Avery Johnson as his best PG and no Manu?

How about Hakeem without 3 pt shooters?

Those players would have been just as great, but they would never get the credit because an average sports fan put way too much emphasis on how much an athelete wins in a team sport rather than who they actually are as a professional player.

Why?

Because it's easy! Instead of watching hours and hours of game, evaluating the circumstances and looking at a player's teammates, all you have to do is look up how many rings a player has.

ambchang
08-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Hmmm ... after my previous post, I just realized that Kobe should get some credit for his greatness. If he never whined publicly and threw a hissy fit, the league would never have given him Pau Gasol.

Just that if the league listened to him and somehow manufactured a Bynum for Kidd trade like Kobe wanted, we would be talking about Kobe in the same breathe as Clyde Drexler.

Cry Havoc
08-13-2010, 03:06 PM
:p:

Asshole!

TheManFromAcme
08-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Damn Cry, what you all angry about?
I am just tickling your ribs man.

Chill man.

Cry Havoc
08-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Damn Cry, what you all angry about?
I am just tickling your ribs man.

Chill man.

:(

DesignatedT
08-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Is it even debatable at this point? Of course Kobe is better than Lebron right now. Retarded question. 5 rings to 0.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
08-13-2010, 03:26 PM
:lol What they did was very comparable..one guy raped a woman, then proceeded to snitch on his teammate for no reason..the other guy left his team through Free Agency, while generating 6 million $ to charity..very comparable..

For someone on record as believing in conspiracies and collusion, ie Gasol was gifted to the Lakers courtesy of Stern and West. (Not to mention what illegal collusion may have occured between LeBron Wade, and Bosh; but I don't need to go there) you should also remember this:

Stern went on record saying he disapproved of "The Decision" being aired. Suppose as a result Mr. Commissioner instructs the refs to never let LeBron ever win a ring?

Oh, yeah, and you can call Kobe a rapist when you show us the conviction. And no, Kobe didn't buy the girl off. If he did, there's your criminal act. Fact is the girl wouldn't testify and D.A. Hurlburt dropped the case.Then, and only then did the case enter the civil arena where a settlement was eventually reached. Oh, and Kobe's statement after charges were dropped about how "He now saw how Kate thought of the situation differently then he did". well, that was scripted by Kobe's attorney for him to say to humanize himself and press toward resolution of the civil case.

Give back your posting award you so love to brag about. You fail when you hate.

TheManFromAcme
08-13-2010, 05:23 PM
:(

We cool?

DPG21920
08-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Is it even debatable at this point? Of course Kobe is better than Lebron right now. Retarded question. 5 rings to 0.

Lebron is better right now. Kobe is a great player with by far the best team in the league. Only difference. Titles don't always translate into being the best player or the better player. It is the "Robert Horry" argument.

Tim has 4 rings and Lebron has 0. Lebron is clearly better than Tim now. Same with Lebron vs. Kobe. There are certain situations where you can argue Kobe, but not as an overall player right now imo.

That does not mean Kobe is not elite.

DPG21920
08-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Good stuff Killa.

I too don't aruge Brons amazing talent. Who can? But the sheer fact is, is that he is not a winner. Screw the MVP's. Screw the "talent around him argument" that is beginning to stink up this joint. The guy was on a team with multiple 60+ win seasons.

He needs to win and STFU.

....or he can continue with his mental notes.

Kobe, with comparable talent to Lebron was not a winner. If you give Lebron a prime Shaq, or the great current Lakers team, he wins. Simple as that.

Lebron has that now or at least equal to what Kobe has now (maybe slightly less overall) so lets see how it plays out.

BadOdor
08-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Kobe, with comparable talent to Lebron was not a winner. If you give Lebron a prime Shaq, or the great current Lakers team, he wins. Simple as that.

Lebron has that now or at least equal to what Kobe has now (maybe slightly less overall) so lets see how it plays out.

I used to think that way myself. I kept telling laker fans, "replace lebron with kobe, and lakers sweep their way to the title".

I'm not so sure anymore.....not saying lebron is a choker or anything, but I'm not sure he has "IT".....

DPG21920
08-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Well we will see. Should be a great, exciting year for basketball.

Killakobe81
08-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Lebron is better right now. Kobe is a great player with by far the best team in the league. Only difference. Titles don't always translate into being the best player or the better player. It is the "Robert Horry" argument.

Tim has 4 rings and Lebron has 0. Lebron is clearly better than Tim now. Same with Lebron vs. Kobe. There are certain situations where you can argue Kobe, but not as an overall player right now imo.

That does not mean Kobe is not elite.

Using Horry is fooolish. Horry is not in THIS class of player.
Lebron has MVP's that validate his place as an elite player the regular season champ. But when we talk aboutthe VERY best, the torch you need a ring to carry it.

Dirk is now better than Duncan, regular season. But he needs a title to get the torch as best PF ...Pau is holding it for now and KG had it for a season ...

DPG21920
08-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Dirk is better than Duncan right now, title or no title. He will never even come close to passing Duncan for his career.

Lebron is better than Kobe right now. Title or no title.

DPG21920
08-13-2010, 11:35 PM
:lol

kitkat
08-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Kobe's basketball skills are greater than Lebron's. And he wins. That's why he's better.

21_Blessings
08-14-2010, 10:18 AM
LeBron's athletic gifts are far greater than the rest of the leagues. And he chokes, then quits and then guarantees a decade of championships before taking the floor. That's why he'll always be a Robin and a complete bitch.

Mike-in-brazil
08-14-2010, 12:50 PM
kobe can't touch Mj's legacy ...are yall crazy come on fellow lakes stop it!!!
just like MJ can't touch birds or Magic's specially Magic's!!
when kobe gets his 6th still doesn't mean is now or will be better then MJ rings don't make a player that's a team victory....if that's the case bill russ is the best of all time ...which we know is not true....
if kobe passes MJ it's opinion based....like the rest of the shit yall spit!!

rules changed defense it's different i bet those cats from the 80's and 90's couldnt phuck with zone defense ,which is more strategy on the court it started back in 01 coaches players...hall of famers even admit its much harder...back then players where allowed one on one to the rim
image: kobe....wade...duncan....lebron..etc allowed to go one on one like bird magic MJ..ahhaahhahahah negro please!!....these cats now days sometimes have three players on them in the post....anyway keep shit in mind when yall compare that's why u have to compare current...

FkLA
08-14-2010, 04:42 PM
I love how Laker fans assume Kobe is the best player simply because his team won the NBA title. As if all things were equal or something...who's the best player Lebron has ever played alongside? Mo fucking Williams most likely. Kobe has had Shaq, Pau, Malone, Payton along with with those glue role players like Fish, Horry, Fox, and now to lesser extent Odom and Artest. Lebron has been the best player in the league the past two years, the fact that he's had less talented teams and failed to win the title doesnt change that. When Kobe had teams of equal talent as the ones Bron has had he failed to get out of the 1st round.

This all makes Bron's decision to jet instead of dominating the league on his own that much more pathetic though. Tarnished legacy for sure.

Mike-in-brazil
08-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Wade>Lebron>Kobe>Jordan. Face the facts.haahhaha he said the facts hahahahahha
facts are the opp of what u posted...
rings.... Jordan>Kobe>Wade>Lebron are the facts

what facts are u talking about?..u mean thoughts what u think or assume will happen LOL....he said facts gagaaggag( popeye laugh)

FkLA
08-15-2010, 05:28 PM
haahhaha he said the facts hahahahahha
facts are the opp of what u posted...
rings.... Jordan>Kobe>Wade>Lebron are the facts

what facts are u talking about?..u mean thoughts what u think or assume will happen LOL....he said facts gagaaggag( popeye laugh)

Horry>Kerr>Jordan>Kobe gagagagaga

ps your bf kobe wasnt even the alpha dog in 3 of his rings.

he's played for the lakers, arguably the most storied franchise in nba history, situated in LA which is a big FA attraction...bron has been in cleveland with a franchise and city better known for being losers in sports. his best teammate has been mo fucking williams--yea lets pretend like these players were in equal situations to succeed and kobe succeeded while bron didnt simply because kobe is a better player :rolleyes

Venti Quattro
08-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Horry>Kerr>Jordan>Kobe>Duncan gagagagaga

ambchang
08-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Kobe circa 2005, 2006 and 2007 showed his greatness by dragging his suck ass teammates to two playoff appearance and narrowly missing the playoffs. He even demonstrated his greatness by refusing to shoot in an elimination game, showing the world how horrible his teammates are when he doesn't take over games.

He showed his greatness in 2000, 2001, and 2002 by winning 3 champions. Who cares that he had one of the top 10 players beside him? He won 3 rings.

He showed his greatness in 2009 and 2010 by winning two rings. Since the Lakers won, we don't care about the caliber of teammates.

In conclusion, if the Lakers is a marginal playoff team, it's because Kobe's teammates suck. But if the Lakers win championships, it is all Kobe and has nothing to do with the teammates.

Gotcha.