PDA

View Full Version : Harnessing the Power of Spurstalk Political Forum?

Parker2112
08-12-2010, 04:24 AM
Proposal: I think this forum should organize threads on candidates and issues that are relevant to upcoming elections. We could handle it similar to draft prospects. (maybe kori would oblige a new section like the think tank)

keep the broad sweeping policy/political philosophy discussions out. keep the debate out, just the facts, in a point/counterpoint/counter-counter point fashion.

however it was done, it would need to be informative, and it would need to be kept as free as possible from generalized partisan arguments. we already have the regular forum for that.

maybe members of a given party can present party candidates and party stances on local issues in their area.

potentially this forum could even serve to inform other ST posters who dont frequent the politics section for debate prior to casting their vote. also, it could draw in fresh blood, which is sorely needed...im tired of beating up on the same dead horses...:toast....:lol

whats the verdict?

Parker2112
08-12-2010, 06:59 PM
nobody buys?

the work is already being done. why not consolidate the effort and the info?

SnakeBoy
08-12-2010, 07:13 PM
That's a swell idea! It's good to see someone like you taking initiative and making a difference for this country.

Ignignokt
08-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Umm.. no.

I like the philosophical debates we have here. We can still implement your suggestions.. but i would install a sub forum under this one like the Draft forum, but not turn this forum into a candidate info depot.

Parker2112
08-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Umm.. no.

I like the philosophical debates we have here. We can still implement your suggestions.. but i would install a sub forum under this one like the Draft forum, but not turn this forum into a candidate info depot.

thats what i was thinking