PDA

View Full Version : Bush surprises trops at DFW airport

DarrinS
08-12-2010, 09:51 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/08/george-bush-laura-bush-uso.html

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0133f30305a1970b-600wi

Former President George W. Bush and his wife, Laura, made a surprise visit to U.S. troops this afternoon.

They showed up at the USO in the Dallas-Fort Worth airport. There they mingled with the returning soldiers, thanked them, chatted and posed for photos as proof of the unexpected encounter for folks back home.

The USO just posted an assortment of the photos on its Facebook page, which quickly drew a growing list of appreciative comments.

"What an AWESOME moment," Robert Rowe wrote. "If anyone can't see the President and First Lady's love for our nations troops, they must be dead or blind. May God Bless them ALL !" Richard Cruz wrote: "The look on that kid's face says it all...."

And Shirley Lovely Fry added: "A President and First Lady who love their country and their country's military."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0133f30311b9970b-600wi

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0133f3034073970b-600wi

clambake
08-12-2010, 09:54 AM
he wouldn't be there if they were in caskets.

.....and what is a trop?

boutons_deux
08-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Will show up in Dover Delaware show his respects to the dead ones whose lives he wasted with his bullshit, bogus war-for-oil?

And visit some VA hospitals to cheer up the living basket cases?

dubya "loves the troops"? what a fucking myth. You don't love the troops by sending them to die while trying to grab oil in foreign countries.

CavsSuperFan
08-12-2010, 10:06 AM
This is great…Our returning soldiers deserve to be greeted by a Commander in chief who was not a draft dodger…

CosmicCowboy
08-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Damn CB and BT. Y'all are some unhappy, hateful fucks. Must suck to be you.

CosmicCowboy
08-12-2010, 10:07 AM

clambake
08-12-2010, 10:08 AM
all that money spent on a photo op.

where is the outrage?

hater
08-12-2010, 10:17 AM
This is great…Our returning soldiers deserve to be greeted by a Commander in chief who was not a draft dodger…

:lmao

Spurminator
Must have been cool for those troops. Good story.

boutons_deux
CC, got amesia, do you?

dubya sent 100s of 1000s of military lives, bodies, and minds down the drain for Iraqi oil.

clambake
08-12-2010, 10:19 AM
did you notice he didn't put his arm around the black soldier?

...and somebody whispered "mr. president, you need to shake her hand".

it's right there on the video!

hater

to finally come home to their families? yes. very cool

CavsSuperFan
boutons_deux -Would you be good enough to tell me where I can get my free blood for oil? I was hoping to cancel my Chevron card…

clambake
08-12-2010, 10:21 AM
boutons_deux -Would you be good enough to tell me where I can get my free blood for oil? I was hoping to cancel my Chevron card…

how much free blood do you need?

CavsSuperFan
08-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Just the free oil part that our conspiracy folks insist exists...

clambake
08-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Just the free oil part that our conspiracy folks insist exists...

you didn't say free oil.

you said free blood.

boutons_deux
08-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Unless you are part of the MIC or US oilcos, the blood spilt in Iraq by dubya is of absolutely not benefit to you or the USA.

Chomag
08-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Those troops look to be beaming in these Pictures. An actual president that they respect and that respects them back.

Like him as President or not George W. Bush always showed appreciation for the men & women who sacrifice for us daily. Such a glaring difference between Laura & Michelle....Notice please liberals-why I know you do not like President Bush-please notice this visit like ALL his visits to troops, even when President was done without press, without fanfare & most of all without even a teleprompter

clambake
08-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Those troops look to be beaming in these Pictures. An actual president that they respect and that respects them back.

Like him as President or not George W. Bush always showed appreciation for the men & women who sacrifice for us daily. Such a glaring difference between Laura & Michelle....Notice please liberals-why I know you do not like President Bush-please notice this visit like ALL his visits to troops, even when President was done without press, without fanfare & most of all without even a teleprompter

hey dipshit, the press was there to record this enormous waste of money.

Chomag
08-12-2010, 10:49 AM
hey dipshit, the press was there to record this enormous waste of money.

Do you know how carry on a civil conversation?

Or do you want this to be a 5th grade conversation?

To answer you though, are you honestly calling the showing of support to our troops an enormous waste of money?

clambake
08-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Do you know how carry on a civil conversation?

Or do you want this to be a 5th grade conversation?

do you think a 5th grader would know if the press were there?

CavsSuperFan
08-12-2010, 10:52 AM
boutons_deux ...clambake ...Why don’t you two move to Iran if you hate America so much…I am sure that they can set you up with some entitlement programs…You will have to leave your X-Box in the U.S. and maybe get a job…But still, you might be much happier there..:lmao

clambake
08-12-2010, 10:53 AM
boutons_deux ...clambake ...Why don’t you two move to Iran if you hate America so much…I am sure that they can set you up with some entitlement programs…You will have to leave your X-Box in the U.S. and maybe get a job…But still, you might be much happier there..:lmao

did you find your free blood yet?

Chomag
08-12-2010, 10:54 AM
do you think a 5th grader would know if the press were there?

Most likely.

"To answer you though, are you honestly calling the showing of support to our troops an enormous waste of money?"

clambake
08-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Most likely.

"To answer you though, are you honestly calling the showing of support to our troops an enormous waste of money?"

i'm calling this photo op an enormous waste of money.

he's still blowing the coin.

DarrinS
08-12-2010, 11:08 AM
I wonder why these returning soldiers don't appear to hate Bush as much as Assbake and boutons_douche?

Chomag
08-12-2010, 11:09 AM
i'm calling this photo op an enormous waste of money.

he's still blowing the coin.

"The USO just posted an assortment of the photos on its Facebook page"

Thats not much money used for the photo op as you call it.

clambake
08-12-2010, 11:11 AM
"The USO just posted an assortment of the photos on its Facebook page"

Thats not much money used for the photo op as you call it.

you're late to the party.

the enormous cost for the secret service.

Chomag
08-12-2010, 11:19 AM

Be it whatever that you think it is. Those troops don't look dissapointed and thats what matters most to me.

clambake
08-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Be it whatever that you think it is. Those troops don't look dissapointed and thats what matters most to me.

so you're ok with wasted money for secret service.

noted.

boutons_deux
08-12-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm sure dubya being there is only small reason for their smiles. Being out of war shitholes and back with family is 99.9% of the real reason.

dubya's just there to jerk himself off, steal their show, and get some press for promoting his book (obvioiusly ghost written).

ChumpDumper
08-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Kudos to both sides for being complete douches about an innocuous story.

Chomag
08-12-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm sure dubya being there is only small reason for their smiles. Being out of war shitholes and back with family is 99.9% of the real reason.

dubya's just there to jerk himself off, steal their show, and get some press for promoting his book (obvioiusly ghost written).

Yep all that great publicity being reported by USO and it being a surprise visit and all.

clambake
08-12-2010, 11:32 AM

fuck you. neocons have programmed me to alert the nation regarding the cost for secret service.

TeyshaBlue
08-12-2010, 11:33 AM

Bing-fucking-go.:toast

The partisan hackery on this site is a thing of wonder.

Chomag
08-12-2010, 11:36 AM

Of course we could just play it safe like you. Then there wouldn't be a need for discussion forums right?

DarrinS
08-12-2010, 11:37 AM
The douche factor in this thread is pretty one-sided.

TeyshaBlue
08-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Of course we could just play it safe like you. Then there wouldn't be a need for discussion forums right?

lol @ Chump playing it safe.

Sometimes a non story is just a non story.

DarrinS
08-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Bush is retired from political life, so I don't see how it was some pub-grabbing photo op.

clambake
08-12-2010, 11:39 AM
The douche factor in this thread is pretty one-sided.

my gripe is that he greets the living, but not the dead.

oh yeah, and that waste of money for secret service.

Chomag
08-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Bush is retired from political life, so I don't see how it was some pub-grabbing photo op.

Aperently he is still a threat to the Obama camp and it's supporters.

They are actually very grateful to have Bush. I mean, what would they do without Bush to blame?

ChumpDumper
08-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Of course we could just play it safe like you. Then there wouldn't be a need for discussion forums right?There is a time and place for everything under the sun, douche.

The douche factor in this thread is pretty one-sided.Spoken like a true douche.

DarrinS
08-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Aperently he is still a threat to the Obama camp and it's supporters.

They are actually very grateful to have Bush. I mean, what would they do without Bush to blame?

The blame Bush card is about to expire.

I guess if you can't run on the strength of the economy and how great the war effort is going, you have to double-down on blame Bush and class warfare.

Chomag
08-12-2010, 11:47 AM
There is a time and place for everything under the sun, douch.

Well so since you know me enough just to call me that, I would love to know why you think that.

DarrinS
08-12-2010, 11:48 AM
There is a time and place for everything under the sun, douche.

Spoken like a true douche.

So, I thought it was a nice gesture by Bush. Get over it already.

TeyshaBlue
08-12-2010, 11:48 AM
my gripe is that he greets the living, but not the dead.

One of the things I like about Obama is his willingness to do just that.
However, its pretty disingenous to say that Bush never did the same. He generally did this in private w/out the press present, and he was known to meet with the familes of the dead soldiers.

Different approaches. Should I go post a thread of Bush meeting with the families of dead soldiers? No, because it's just as big a non story as this is.:rolleyes

Drachen
08-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Good for him, nice gesture.

boutons_deux
08-12-2010, 11:51 AM
dubya "never did the same."

dubya forbade photos of the returning body boxes, to hide reality of the wars, so he could create his own lying, fantasy world.

dubya is a criminal, and fully deserves all the blame he gets, including, 9 months into his own regime, blaming Clinton for 9/11.

Spurminator
08-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Most ex-Presidents still serve as ambassadors to their party after their service is complete. The cynic in me says this easily could have been a coordinated PR effort by the GOP, given that Bush has been back in the news thanks to Obama's campaigning this summer. Makes for a good "Republicans care more about the troops" photo op. Also gets the boutons' of the world raving like assholes, which is always good for Republicans.

Still, it's a cool moment for those soldiers, so it's cool with me.

clambake
08-12-2010, 11:54 AM
One of the things I like about Obama is his willingness to do just that.
However, its pretty disingenous to say that Bush never did the same. He generally did this in private w/out the press present, and he was known to meet with the familes of the dead soldiers.

Different approaches. Should I go post a thread of Bush meeting with the families of dead soldiers? No, because it's just as big a non story as this is.:rolleyes

i think you're deliberately ignoring the wasteful spending on secret service.

you, dear sir, are un-american!

TeyshaBlue
08-12-2010, 11:55 AM
i think you're deliberately ignoring the wasteful spending on secret service.

you, dear sir, are un-american!

No, I'm just ignoring the non story.

Chomag
08-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Still, it's a cool moment for those soldiers, so it's cool with me.

:toast We can argue about politics of it all day long as there are so many different opinions, but when it all comes down to it. This is what matters most.

TeyshaBlue
08-12-2010, 11:56 AM
No, I'm just ignoring the non story.

Except I keep posting in this stupid thread. :lol :bang

ChumpDumper
08-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Well so since you know me enough just to call me that, I would love to know why you think that.Because of your posts in this thread. If you can't figure it out, you are also stupid.

So, I thought it was a nice gesture by Bush. Get over it already.You didn't stop there, douche.

Drachen
08-12-2010, 12:00 PM

Don't the secret service get paid to protect him anyway?

clambake
08-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Don't the secret service get paid to protect him anyway?

excellent point!

Chomag
08-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Because of your posts in this thread. If you can't figure it out, you are also stupid.

Just because you disagree or don't like what I am saying does not make me a douche, show me where I am being disrespectful.

Your the one doing the name calling here my friend.

Drachen
08-12-2010, 12:05 PM
excellent point!

BTW, I posted a similar sentiment in the M. Obama thread before the fringe left or fringe right jump all over me.

boutons_deux
08-12-2010, 12:08 PM
I have nothing against the troops, and hope the Repugs don't cut spending on VA medical care these troops are not getting by the 100s of 1000s. Military suicides now outnumber combat deaths. But the MIC is pocketing $Bs in profits, generals are padding the careers and filling their chests with medals, so the war goes on.

I do have a little problem with dubya abusing such a happy occasion to promote his book.

ChumpDumper
08-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Just because you disagree or don't like what I am saying does not make me a douche, show me where I am being disrespectful.Where did I say you were being disrespectful?

I said you were a douche.

I stand by this.

You are free to disagree.

Your the one doing the name calling here my friend.Yes, I am calling you a douche.

clambake
08-12-2010, 12:10 PM
BTW, I posted a similar sentiment in the M. Obama thread before the fringe left or fringe right jump all over me.

yes, the strange absence of outrage is disturbing.

Drachen
08-12-2010, 12:12 PM
yes, the strange absence of outrage is disturbing.

I am sorry I couldnt be more typical.

Chomag
08-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Where did I say you were being disrespectful?

I said you were a douche.

I stand by this.

You are free to disagree.

Yes, I am calling you a douche.

I don't go around calling people silly names but to each his own I suppose.

Is one a douche that calls one a douche? Now thats a question.

ChumpDumper
08-12-2010, 12:16 PM
I don't go around calling people silly names but to each his own I suppose.Right, you just go about being a douche in certain threads like this one.

Is one a douche that calls one a douche? Now thats a question.What a douchey way to call me a douche while trying to act like you aren't calling me a douche.

Chomag
08-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Right, you just go about being a douche in certain threads like this one.

What a douchey way to call me a douche while trying to act like you aren't calling me a douche.

So I'm a jerk, a rude person. Got ya...

It was just a question. No need to get defencive.

clambake
08-12-2010, 12:18 PM
I am sorry I couldnt be more typical.

not outrage from you. i'm talking about the week long crucifixion from the fringe.

Drachen
08-12-2010, 12:24 PM
not outrage from you. I'm talking about the week long crucifixion from the fringe.

ok lol

Blake
08-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Notice please liberals-why I know you do not like President Bush-please notice this visit like ALL his visits to troops, even when President was done without press, without fanfare & most of all without even a teleprompter

http://www.seeingtheforest.com/STFphotos/Mission-accomplished.jpg

clambake
08-12-2010, 12:50 PM

i just noticed!

chomag is one lame motherfucker......aren't you victoria_29.

clambake
08-12-2010, 01:01 PM
yonivore will be proud!

balli
08-12-2010, 01:07 PM
I won't knock Bush for taking an hour away from the Evan Williams bottle and going to see the troops with cameras in tow. It's not a bad thing.

But just so we're clear:

Bush shakes a few hands and takes some pictures. (After throwing thousands of other troops' lives away in the pursuit of, what exactly?)

Obama goes out and recruits most of the world's best basketball players, kicks out the cameras and puts on a mini, private all-star game for the troops.

Just so we're clear.

Chomag
08-12-2010, 01:10 PM
i just noticed!

chomag is one lame motherfucker......aren't you victoria_29.

Kind of flattering that you are going out of your way to track me.

But yes that was me posting there, and your point?

boutons_deux
08-12-2010, 01:11 PM
"without fanfare"

seems to have been some photographers there? professional? just a coincidence?

dubya got a book with his name on it coming out soon. He's building media presence to promote it.

"without even a teleprompter"

and no FAKE PERFECT TURKEY! :lol

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2003/11/27/image585925g.jpg

clambake
08-12-2010, 01:12 PM
alias, eh? how many you need?

Chomag
08-12-2010, 01:14 PM
"without fanfare"

seems to have been some photographers there? professional? just a coincidence?

dubya got a book with his name on it coming out soon. He's building media presence to promote it.

"without even a teleprompter"

and no FAKE PERFECT TURKEY! :lol

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2003/11/27/image585925g.jpg

It was the USO that initially posted the pictures not the media.

Chomag
08-12-2010, 01:15 PM
alias, eh? how many you need?

:lol sorry that I don't use the same nickname for a different site.

boutons_deux
08-12-2010, 01:16 PM
It was dubya who paraded around a FAKE PERFECT TURKEY, which was entirely appropriate as dubya has turkey shit for brains.

DarrinS
08-12-2010, 01:18 PM
It was dubya who paraded around a FAKE PERFECT TURKEY, which was entirely appropriate as dubya has turkey shit for brains.

If you discovered that both Bush and Palin are far smarter than you, would you want to harm yourself?

DarrinS
08-12-2010, 01:20 PM
I won't knock Bush for taking an hour away from the Evan Williams bottle and going to see the troops with cameras in tow. It's not a bad thing.

But just so we're clear:

Bush shakes a few hands and takes some pictures. (After throwing thousands of other troops' lives away in the pursuit of, what exactly?)

Obama goes out and recruits most of the world's best basketball players, kicks out the cameras and puts on a mini, private all-star game for the troops.

Just so we're clear.

Your rage is delicious.

balli
08-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Your rage is delicious.

You are a moron.

clambake
08-12-2010, 01:25 PM
you also stole "beaming" from terika.

what a sad day for the political forum.

Chomag
08-12-2010, 01:29 PM
you also stole "beaming" from terika.

what a sad day for the political forum.

I stole a word? :lol

Last time I checked "beaming" is a word in the dictionary that we all are able to use.

Oh, but keep going I would love to knwo what other words I steal. I'm sure everyword in this post right here has been used before.

clambake
08-12-2010, 01:30 PM
you didn't use the dictionary. you used terika.

so sad.

Drachen
08-12-2010, 01:41 PM

This was also awesome. Good moves by both men for the troops.

TeyshaBlue
08-12-2010, 03:41 PM
You are a moron.

Your sig reminds me of Zion Canyon. I was out there in May of this year. Unbelievable. You're a lucky bastard.:toast

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/teyshablue/5.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/teyshablue/4.jpg

baseline bum
08-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Your sig reminds me of Zion Canyon. I was out there in May of this year. Unbelievable. You're a lucky bastard.:toast

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/teyshablue/5.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/teyshablue/4.jpg

Finally an interesting post in this thread. :lol

Did you do Angel's Landing? That hike looks like a rush.

balli
08-12-2010, 03:55 PM
:tu Taken just a little north and somewhat east of Zion. I am lucky. Nice pics; looks like the weather was immaculate. Glad you enjoyed the trip.

DarkReign
08-12-2010, 04:00 PM

That is about all I got out of it, as well. Until the day he dies, Junior will always be addressed as Mr President.

Nothing could be cooler for returning troops than to be greeted by a former CiC.

ploto
08-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Wow- he went all the way to DFW airport!

TeyshaBlue
08-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Finally an interesting post in this thread. :lol

Did you do Angel's Landing? That hike looks like a rush.

Nah, I was up there playing in a music festival...didn't have much time for hiking which is fortunate. It probably would've killed me.:lol