PDA

View Full Version : MBA - Is it worth it

Soul_Patch
08-12-2010, 02:07 PM
I am considering attempting to get an MBA through UTSA. I have about 10 to 12 years of professional experience in my field. I would like to parlay that into a project mgmt, or IS Mgmt type role.

My problems are 1, my undergrad degree is in psychology (lol)....and my GPA isnt that great.

Do you think trying to pursue an MBA is going to be worth it? Do you think getting an MBA from University of Phoenix online is worth it, or is it pretty much trash?

Venti Quattro
08-12-2010, 02:12 PM
If you're not into managing a company, don't. It's useless. Just take a master's degree related to your undergrad or your line of work.

Drachen
08-12-2010, 02:15 PM
I am working on mine at UTSA. The program is pretty good, and they also have a career services guy that has a lot of contacts at local, national, and international companies if you are looking to change employers. Because of your undergrad, you will likely have to take some leveling courses (up to 6 or so). As far as your undergrad GPA, that can only keep you from being accepted (in which case it only costs you the $45 app fee). The classes are all in the evening or on the weekend. (my fall is M & Th from 7-9:45, Sat from 9-5 every other week for 10 weeks (5 meetings). This is for 3 classes.

As far as UOP, you have two sides, one lumps in with all for-profits (career point, etc), the other side is that there are a lot of alums in high ranking positions (white house cyber-security coordinator for example). You take 1 class at a time, 6 weeks long, and its back to back to back to back until you finish.

If you can go full time to UTSA, they will both take you about the same amount of time.

I think what it boils down to for you, is your schedule, your time frame, and your abilities.

Soul_Patch
08-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Well isnt that what an MBA is? A Masters of Business Administration?

Im not going to get a masters in psychology. That would cost me another 40k in school expenses, and when i get out i get to make about half of what i am making now without it.

I want to make myself more marketable around my established experience. 12 years in "IT" work (whatever that means) coupled with an MBA with a MIS focus sounds like it could have potential. Or maybe im wrong??

Im not necessarily wanting to manage an entire company, no...but having my bosses job sounds fairly good to me...even a potential CIO spot sounds great somewhere down the line.

Drachen
08-12-2010, 02:18 PM

Im not going to get a masters in psychology. That would cost me another 40k in school expenses, and when i get out i get to make about half of what i am making now without it.

I want to make myself more marketable around my established experience. 12 years in "IT" work (whatever that means) coupled with an MBA with a MIS focus sounds like it could have potential. Or maybe im wrong??

Im not necessarily wanting to manage an entire company, no...but having my bosses job sounds fairly good to me...even a potential CIO spot sounds great somewhere down the line.

Then yes, you need an MBA if this is your goal.

Venti Quattro
08-12-2010, 02:20 PM

my bad, yes take it. you definitely need it

Soul_Patch
08-12-2010, 02:21 PM
I am working on mine at UTSA. The program is pretty good, and they also have a career services guy that has a lot of contacts at local, national, and international companies if you are looking to change employers. Because of your undergrad, you will likely have to take some leveling courses (up to 6 or so). As far as your undergrad GPA, that can only keep you from being accepted (in which case it only costs you the $45 app fee). The classes are all in the evening or on the weekend. (my fall is M & Th from 7-9:45, Sat from 9-5 every other week for 10 weeks (5 meetings). This is for 3 classes.

As far as UOP, you have two sides, one lumps in with all for-profits (career point, etc), the other side is that there are a lot of alums in high ranking positions (white house cyber-security coordinator for example). You take 1 class at a time, 6 weeks long, and its back to back to back to back until you finish.

If you can go full time to UTSA, they will both take you about the same amount of time.

I think what it boils down to for you, is your schedule, your time frame, and your abilities.

Thanks, great info. How much does your GMAT score weigh into being accepted, or is that even possible to know?

I could get stellar letters of recommendation from my current employer, i have a pretty progressive work history (increasing in difficulty, etc), im pretty sure, given some study time, i could kick ass on the GMAT. Wondering how much my GPA would hurt me...its about a 2.79 i think.

koriwhat
08-12-2010, 02:35 PM
i'm thinking about going for a business degree but how far in i have no idea. just went back and signed up today to finish my associates i left behind yrs ago. 2 classes and i'm off to a university. hopefully if all goes well i will be working on my business/design degree(s) starting in january.

good luck with whatever route you decide to take!

Dr. Gonzo
08-12-2010, 02:36 PM
No. Just give up on life.

koriwhat
08-12-2010, 02:37 PM
No. Just give up on life.

:lol

Drachen
08-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Thanks, great info. How much does your GMAT score weigh into being accepted, or is that even possible to know?

I could get stellar letters of recommendation from my current employer, i have a pretty progressive work history (increasing in difficulty, etc), im pretty sure, given some study time, i could kick ass on the GMAT. Wondering how much my GPA would hurt me...its about a 2.79 i think.

Well, I did ask at UTSA and they said since I had a 3.57 undergrad, that I could make a 500 and still likely get in. Below a 3.0, the guy said you would have to make a 550 to have a chance to get in. The grad student at UTSA scored a 600. (I got a 660 with a 6 in the writing portion). I have the 2010 GMAT study guide from princeton review, if you want to borrow it, let me know.

Uop = no gmat requirement

tsb2000
08-12-2010, 03:42 PM
The best thing about a MBA is it's an instant command of a higher salary over a bachelor's degree, and it gets you to the top of any resume search from an employer where the MBA is required. I can tell you from experience that my MBA was worth about a 50% increase in my salary from the job I had to the job I now have. I work in finance though, where the work is more steady and in demand. I also have another $30k in student loans since the first employer didn't care that I went back to school, so I'm on the hook for the cost.

Do you work in project mgt or IS mgt now? the MBA may be worth it, but a cert in either of those fields may do you just as well for a fraction of the cost.

DesignatedT
08-12-2010, 03:50 PM
It will definitely be worth it if you can do it without too much trouble. Phoenix online would probably be easier and more convenient for you but it will definitely be more expensive than UTSA.

Drachen
08-12-2010, 03:58 PM
It will definitely be worth it if you can do it without too much trouble. Phoenix online would probably be easier and more convenient for you but it will definitely be more expensive than UTSA.

Tuition Absolutely, but if you include tuition fees and books it becomes pretty close.

Also, UOP has a campus here in san antonio.

CosmicCowboy
08-12-2010, 04:17 PM
I get calls from MBA's all the time that want to convince me to pay them to come in and advise me on how to improve my business. I always ask them, if you are so fucking good, why don't you have your own business?

Drachen
08-12-2010, 04:45 PM
I get calls from MBA's all the time that want to convince me to pay them to come in and advise me on how to improve my business. I always ask them, if you are so fucking good, why don't you have your own business?

They do, it is called self employed efficiency expert.

My dad does this (one of the many many many many many things he does), the difference is that he was civil service for 25 years prior to that, developed a lot of contacts primarily in the aerospace industry, but also in many other industries and is never in a position where he has to call anyone to get a job. He started working on his website, but had to put that on the backburner because he is too busy with work (all of it), that website has looked the same for the past 8 years. LOL

It is a real job though. Oh and if they are young, they are doing it wrong. You have to have connections who know you are a quality person or it will kill you getting clients.

CosmicCowboy
08-12-2010, 05:07 PM
They do, it is called self employed efficiency expert.

My dad does this (one of the many many many many many things he does), the difference is that he was civil service for 25 years prior to that, developed a lot of contacts primarily in the aerospace industry, but also in many other industries and is never in a position where he has to call anyone to get a job. He started working on his website, but had to put that on the backburner because he is too busy with work (all of it), that website has looked the same for the past 8 years. LOL

It is a real job though. Oh and if they are young, they are doing it wrong. You have to have connections who know you are a quality person or it will kill you getting clients.

I'm not saying your dad isn't great, but I just find it humorous that some kid fresh out of UTSA is gonna come into my small, successful, technically oriented business and expect me to willingly pay him thousands of dollars to "advise" me on how to run the business just because he has a piece of paper that says he is an MBA.

Drachen
08-12-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm not saying your dad isn't great, but I just find it humorous that some kid fresh out of UTSA is gonna come into my small, successful, technically oriented business and expect me to willingly pay him thousands of dollars to "advise" me on how to run the business just because he has a piece of paper that says he is an MBA.

Like I said, if youre young, youre doing it wrong. I am not saying it is impossible, but my dad basically opened his business, and hasn't stopped working since (it helps that he is into just about everything, his background is in aerospace, and he gets invited to galas [I was like WTF?] for the medical community for example). For this particular type of business, knowing people who know your work and character is everything.

TE
08-12-2010, 05:15 PM
On a serious note, imo I think getting a bachelors degree in Business is totally wasteful unless you have a great thing going for you post-college. An MBA however, is market worthy.

Sportcamper
08-12-2010, 05:19 PM

That is exactly why you will never amount to anything more than a richer who owns his own business, has a real working cow ranch, a horse barn with cable TV & A/C…Lots of toys, nice rifles, fishing gear, golf carts, SUV’s, and multiple bar be ques…Its your attitude that is holding you back Cosmic…

Drachen
08-12-2010, 05:21 PM
That is exactly why you will never amount to anything more than a richer who owns his own business, has a real working cow ranch, a horse barn with cable TV & A/C…Lots of toys, nice rifles, fishing gear, golf carts, SUV’s, and multiple bar be ques…Its your attitude that is holding you back Cosmic…

Cosmic, what is your number, I will stash it away for, say Mid-may 2012, then I will give you a call. LOL

Drachen
08-12-2010, 05:24 PM
On a serious note, imo I think getting a bachelors degree in Business is totally wasteful unless you have a great thing going for you post-college. An MBA however, is market worthy.

Basically, it is mildly beneficial, but you about hit the nail on the head. I essentially saw my bachelors giving me abilities to open up doors . . . to grad school.

LOL

ashbeeigh
08-12-2010, 06:22 PM
I love how 1 or 2 people can come into a thread (ahem koriwhat) and turn it into complete crap.

That being said, I say go for it. Whether you pick UOP or UTSA it could be worth it. Have you thought about Devry? They have the Keller School of Management. One of my co-workers is an Admissions Rep there if you want more info about it.

MannyIsGod
08-12-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm sad there have been so many replies to this thread and not one person has shot down the UoP idea and in fact some have mentioned it as if it is an actual viable option. I'm fairly certain that the vast majority of employers will actually think you less attractive with a degree of any sort from the UoP.

UTSA is made fun of quite a bit on here (rightfully so) but UoP is like UTSA's retarded cousin who was a byproduct of incest and then drop on its soft little head as a baby. Its just a terrible terrible waste of money.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-12-2010, 07:16 PM
If you're referring to University of Phoenix then :tu

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-12-2010, 07:18 PM
And if there were a bunch of little University of Phoenix sack swingers running around this forum like UoP was an elite college, I'd be giving those guys as much shit as the UTSA crew gets.

ashbeeigh
08-12-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm sad there have been so many replies to this thread and not one person has shot down the UoP idea and in fact some have mentioned it as if it is an actual viable option. I'm fairly certain that the vast majority of employers will actually think you less attractive with a degree of any sort from the UoP.

I was shocked too. :lol

But, to each their own. Not everyone goes for non-profit schools I guess. One of my co-workers got her MPH (masters of public health) from UoP and complains daily that she cannot find another job other than her CM job. And she's continuing on with them to get some type of education certificate sort of thing. I mean, whatever. To each their own.

MannyIsGod
08-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention that I personally feel you would be better off getting a masters in your desired field and then putting in time and getting the applicable experience to move into management. I'm not sure if this is realistically the way things are viewed in the corporate world today but I would imagine real world experience counts for a lot more in the day to day operations of a business and having the knowledge of your chosen field would help you acquire that.

I also don't think you can automatically make yourself more marketable simply by going back and getting something like an MBA today because record numbers of people are going back to school for the same reason. It happens every time the economy is down and I'd honestly have to imagine that the number of people going back with a psychology degree such as yourself are more than those with say an engineering degree. If you're looking to separate yourself I'm not sure an MBA is the right course to take.

MannyIsGod
08-12-2010, 07:22 PM

But, to each their own. Not everyone goes for non-profit schools I guess. One of my co-workers got her MPH (masters of public health) from UoP and complains daily that she cannot find another job other than her CM job. And she's continuing on with them to get some type of education certificate sort of thing. I mean, whatever. To each their own.

If I was an employer I would likely never hire someone who went to that degree mill. Those degrees carry absolutely no weight.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Especially if I was a business. Who the hell would wanna trust someone with their business who is so inept with money that he/she pisses money away at the UoP.

MannyIsGod
08-12-2010, 07:24 PM
What you can do is try to make some contacts with HR departments or heads of local firms and ask them what they look for in a candidate. I think you might get some good advice and I think they would likely be more than willing to give you the information you're seeking in this thread.

Also, it would be an excellent way to develop network contacts and build relationships should you actually go through with getting an MBA (or even if not).

I've found that if you're not afraid to ask the people who make decisions how they make those decisions they tend to be more than happy to share that information with you.

Jekka
08-12-2010, 07:25 PM

If you're serious about staying in the same line of work - IT - then I wouldn't bother with the MBA. Everyone and their mother is getting an MBA, and it's teaching skills that are largely proprietary within a company (meaning that a mentor at your company could pass that knowledge on, if you're interested in staying around). If you want an advanced degree for IT, there's always an MS in Information Science, which gives you a little more cred with IT people, and it teaches more academic theory in information systems application. If you want a higher level IT position, then you're going to need to be able to confidently evaluate and recommend new technologies/programs.

Oh, and unless the guy that's interviewing you has a degree from UoP, I wouldn't even entertain the idea, especially after you've already gotten a degree from a physical institution. It looks half-assed.

Drachen
08-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Since it seems that you are really the only driver of making fun of UTSA on the site:

Businessweek named UTSA #3 in the southwest region and #26 nationwide for their Flex MBA program (non traditional times like evening, weekend, etc) last year. This year there was a slide to #'s 4 and 28, respectively - still very good.

Lest you think that the ranking methodology is jacked up in some way:

Our newest ranking—of part-time MBA programs—is by far the most complex. It's based on three separate measures of student satisfaction, academic quality, and post-graduation outcomes.

Link (http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/content/nov2009/bs2009114_305213.htm)

I don't think that anyone recommended UOP (or UTSA for that matter), and since I believe I was the only one who mentioned UOP, I can promise you that I was only stating the facts. I was not trying to sway opinion one way or another. He asked for info, I gave it.

Drachen
08-12-2010, 07:36 PM

Um, did you not just recommend DeVry? The same DeVry listed on the NYSE with a stock symbol of DV??

Edit: excuse me, I made a mistake in understanding the tone of your post. No conflict here. Must be my UTSA education.

MannyIsGod
08-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Devry is terrible as well.

ashbeeigh
08-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Um, did you not just recommend DeVry? The same DeVry listed on the NYSE with a stock symbol of DV??

Edit: excuse me, I made a mistake in understanding the tone of your post. No conflict here. Must be my UTSA education.

:) Must be.

Devry is terrible as well.

And have you heard about the regulations that the for-profit schools will be under soon? Crazyyy.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-08-12/for-profit-colleges-to-see-effect-of-proposed-rules.html

MannyIsGod
08-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Thats because thats their schtick. Get students in, give them a shit education and have the fund it with student loans. PROFIT!

Drachen
08-12-2010, 08:03 PM
:) Must be.

And have you heard about the regulations that the for-profit schools will be under soon? Crazyyy.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-08-12/for-profit-colleges-to-see-effect-of-proposed-rules.html

That is great. Is this only going to affect for-profit or is it for all schools?

DMX7
08-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Well, I did ask at UTSA and they said since I had a 3.57 undergrad, that I could make a 500 and still likely get in. Below a 3.0, the guy said you would have to make a 550 to have a chance to get in. The grad student at UTSA scored a 600. (I got a 660 with a 6 in the writing portion). I have the 2010 GMAT study guide from princeton review, if you want to borrow it, let me know.

Uop = no gmat requirement

How did your score breakdown in terms of verbal vs math?

What was your undergrad university?

MannyIsGod
08-12-2010, 08:18 PM
That is great. Is this only going to affect for-profit or is it for all schools?

Its only for profit because its their current bread and butter. They sell the people on how much more they'll make with these degrees that no one wants and how they can pay the tuition with government loans. No one is paying for UoP out of pocket.

ashbeeigh
08-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Its only for profit because its their current bread and butter. They sell the people on how much more they'll make with these degrees that no one wants and how they can pay the tuition with government loans. No one is paying for UoP out of pocket.

And then when they have a POS degree they can't pay their loans and default. It's a horrible cycle. I interviewed for some Benefits position at the Milan Institute last year and the Dean basically came straight out and said they take the poor girls' money. At that point I decided that for-profit schools were the devil.

ploto
08-12-2010, 10:46 PM
If you want an advanced degree for IT, there's always an MS in Information Science, which gives you a little more cred with IT people, and it teaches more academic theory in information systems application. If you want a higher level IT position, then you're going to need to be able to confidently evaluate and recommend new technologies/programs.

UTSA does have an MBA with a concentration in Information Systems.

This concentration is designed to offer the opportunity for qualified graduate students to study business administration while developing special expertise in information systems. To achieve this end, students can focus their elective courses on developing general managerial knowledge in the design and implementation of information systems, management of communications technologies, and principles of database management systems. Some of the course offerings require previous academic credit or professional experience in information systems.

Students choosing to concentrate in information systems must complete the 24 semester credit hours of courses containing the M.B.A. Core and 12 semester credit hours of graduate information systems courses other than IS 5003 Introduction to Information Systems.

They also offer an MS in Information Technology.

http://www.utsa.edu/gcat/chapter6/COB/istmdept.html#mbaisc

MannyIsGod
08-13-2010, 12:55 AM
Since it seems that you are really the only driver of making fun of UTSA on the site:

Businessweek named UTSA #3 in the southwest region and #26 nationwide for their Flex MBA program (non traditional times like evening, weekend, etc) last year. This year there was a slide to #'s 4 and 28, respectively - still very good.

Lest you think that the ranking methodology is jacked up in some way:

Link (http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/content/nov2009/bs2009114_305213.htm)

I don't think that anyone recommended UOP (or UTSA for that matter), and since I believe I was the only one who mentioned UOP, I can promise you that I was only stating the facts. I was not trying to sway opinion one way or another. He asked for info, I gave it.

I assume this was addressed at me. That sounds good, but whats the context? How are employers paying graduates of part time programs such as this?

Its better than being low, thats for sure.

In any event, don't take UTSA insults so personally. You actually graduated which is great considering UTSA's graduation rates are pretty pitiful. My GF is a UTSA alum as well and she's very smart.

MannyIsGod
08-13-2010, 01:04 AM
http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos258.htm

Soul_Patch
08-13-2010, 04:09 PM
UTSA's MBA program is actually fairly well ranked, so those that love to talk shit about UTSA here because its the cool thing to do, are pretty far off base.

My problem is i DON'T want to work in the IT field really. I have no interest in programming, database mgmt, technical writing, etc....I currently work as an LMS administrator, which is basically a glorified help desk with a few more responsibilities. Where i would like to end up is in project mgmt. If that is IT Project Mgmt, so be it, i think that is something, given my background, i could excel at. But i wouldn't limit myself to that field, or wouldn't want to at least. UTSA has quite a few different MBA tracks for MIS Mgmt, Management of Technology, and Project Mgmt, all of which sound appealing to me.

My plan would be to get the MBA and along the lines study for and take the PMP test to recieve that certification. I couldnt see how that wouldnt put me at the top of the heap of any project mgrs currently out there.

When i do a search for MBA jobs, there are tons....literally pages and pages of people looking for people with MBAs. If there are so many MBAs out there now, why are there so many good paying jobs?

UoP is definitely out for me. I can see why it would be hard to take it seriously. You dont need a GMAT and have no stipulations for being accepted. So basically anyone with some $$ in the pocket (or a student loan) is in. Not for me.

My first boss in my current job is now my companies CIO. I sent him an email earlier today to ask about what he thought about it. if he thinks it would be valuable within our company, if not, outside...waiting on a response from him.

Appreciate all of the feedback so far.

Soul_Patch
08-13-2010, 04:13 PM
a masters from "UTSA" is about as valuable as an associates at some shitty community college, tbh

Proof? or are you just trying to fit in?

BadOdor
08-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Sons I am glad I got my bachelors from UCSB.

ME>USTA.

Drachen
08-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Just ignore vulva he is my shadow, followed me around trying to get me angry. Like I said ignore him, I do.

tsb2000
08-13-2010, 05:26 PM

UTSA is made fun of quite a bit on here (rightfully so) but UoP is like UTSA's retarded cousin who was a byproduct of incest and then drop on its soft little head as a baby. Its just a terrible terrible waste of money.

So very not true about UOP. Maybe it's because I live in Arizona (UOP hq), but I know that UOP has the same accreditation as Arizona State. Then again, ASU's only real claim to fame was being the #1 party school a while back.

MannyIsGod
08-13-2010, 05:28 PM
So very not true.

Oh really? You are saying that UoP is a good school?

tsb2000
08-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Oh really? You are saying that UoP is a good school?

I'm saying, like anywhere, you get out what you put in. It's definitely not Ivy league, but it did pay for my BMW. :)

MannyIsGod
08-13-2010, 05:37 PM
16% graduation rate to start off with. Low academic standards (no GMAT for an MBA program?).

I'm sure that there are people who have had success with their degree from there but to say that the degree is a good one is simply not true. Its a downright terrible degree.

If you've succeed with a degree from them then congrats, but you are no where near the norm.

tsb2000
08-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Maybe we got lucky. One of the guys I went with is now a VP at Godaddy, and the other started his own marketing company. My sister went there in Las Vegas, and she's pulling about twice what I make. A MBA is only a foot in the door- you still have to produce. I also work in finance, so the work is a lot more consistent and in demand than, say- project management. Anyone who thinks they're going just to fall into a six-figure salary just by getting a MBA from anywhere (outside of the Ivy league or Stanford, etc.) is sorely mistaken.

MannyIsGod
08-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Maybe we got lucky. One of the guys I went with is now a VP at Godaddy, and the other started his own marketing company. My sister went there in Las Vegas, and she's pulling about twice what I make. A MBA is only a foot in the door- you still have to produce. I also work in finance, so the work is a lot more consistent and in demand than, say- project management. Anyone who thinks they're going just to fall into a six-figure salary just by getting a MBA from anywhere (outside of the Ivy league or Stanford, etc.) is sorely mistaken.

I agree completely.

Drachen
08-13-2010, 06:34 PM
I agree completely.

Manny, you asked for context, however your graduation rate lacks such. The graduation rate which you brandished counts only a very small percentage of that school's students. 16% of entering freshmen graduate with their degree from university of phoenix. However by far most students going to such a school start at other schools (actually a number of traditional universities have also complained that the federal government doesn't track this information).

I do agree that they are relatively expensive as they are the cheapest private school in san antonio (which generally puts you slightly more expensive than the most expensive public school in the area), but this is why I think the proposed federal laws are good, but they have to go for everyone (traditional university as well) since the cost of education in general is completely out of control in all but CCs.

Oh, and having just taken the GMAT, that is not an academic standard, it is testing you on how well you remembered your schooling up to the 8th grade.
THAT is a ripoff industry.

DMX7
08-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Manny, you asked for context, however your graduation rate lacks such. The graduation rate which you brandished counts only a very small percentage of that school's students. 16% of entering freshmen graduate with their degree from university of phoenix. However by far most students going to such a school start at other schools (actually a number of traditional universities have also complained that the federal government doesn't track this information).

I do agree that they are relatively expensive as they are the cheapest private school in san antonio (which generally puts you slightly more expensive than the most expensive public school in the area), but this is why I think the proposed federal laws are good, but they have to go for everyone (traditional university as well) since the cost of education in general is completely out of control in all but CCs.

Oh, and having just taken the GMAT, that is not an academic standard, it is testing you on how well you remembered your schooling up to the 8th grade.
THAT is a ripoff industry.

I think the GMAT is more of an aptitude test. The material itself is simple but it tests your problem critical reasoning and problem solving skills (timed of course).

What was your undergrad university? Just curious

EmptyMan
08-14-2010, 07:50 AM
Proof? or are you just trying to fit in?

He's just trying to fit in.

Xevious
08-14-2010, 08:08 AM
I've thought about returning for my masters at some point... but the thought of setting foot on a university campus again makes me want to swallow a bullet. Congrats to anybody who's been able to do it.

Soul_Patch
08-14-2010, 03:08 PM
I've thought about returning for my masters at some point... but the thought of setting foot on a university campus again makes me want to swallow a bullet. Congrats to anybody who's been able to do it.

I'm fighting the same aversion. I know i SHOULD do it...but man its tough to actually take the plunge.

Xevious
08-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Are you single? If so... do it now if you have any plans to.