PDA

View Full Version : How the Spurs Measure up (HoopsWorld)

Leonard Curse
08-12-2010, 03:34 PM
heres what the geniuses at hoopsworld are saying :p:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17067

cantthinkofanything
08-12-2010, 03:40 PM
heres what the geniuses at hoopsworld are saying :p:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17067

Thanks for posting although I think you could ask any Spurs fan and they would tell you the same. Nothing groundbreaking. Wish we could take the Jefferson trade back.

Dex
08-12-2010, 03:41 PM
The Spurs are never going to be in a position where they are out-coached or without a viable game plan.

Unless they are playing the Lakers or Mavericks.

cantthinkofanything
08-12-2010, 03:57 PM

The Mavericks?!!!? Wachoo talkin bout Willis?

Leonard Curse
08-12-2010, 04:04 PM
i watched alot of video yesterday of gary neal (not youtube,real 2hr games) and my god this guy can pull up and hit from anywhere esp that corner 3.

think roger mason on a streak/feeling it but neal doesnt drop off his play and is way more confident even if his shot isnt falling he wont force anything he just waits for that right moment .

okay i know this sounds crazy but i think he just might have the clutch gene or is very capable of hitting the last shot from what i saw on 6 hrs of video off and on this kid in consistently a baller and seems like a strong dude (mentally)

DesignatedT
08-12-2010, 04:06 PM
JW. Does anybody know the date when the Spurs have to decide whether to pick up the options of Temple, Gee and Jerrells? So we can go ahead and see if these guys are going to be on the team for sure.

cantthinkofanything
08-12-2010, 04:07 PM
i watched alot of video yesterday of gary neal (not youtube,real 2hr games) and my god this guy can pull up and hit from anywhere esp that corner 3.

think roger mason on a streak/feeling it but neal doesnt drop off his play and is way more confident even if his shot isnt falling he wont force anything he just waits for that right moment .

okay i know this sounds crazy but i think he just might have the clutch gene or is very capable of hitting the last shot from what i saw on 6 hrs of video off and on this kid in consistently a baller and seems like a strong dude (mentally)

I haven't seen any video of him. When he shoots, does he elevate high enough to get his jump shot over NBA defenders? Was he able to get his shot off on longer defenders?

Leonard Curse
08-12-2010, 04:55 PM
I haven't seen any video of him. When he shoots, does he elevate high enough to get his jump shot over NBA defenders? Was he able to get his shot off on longer defenders?

oh definitely you should see how high this guy jumps to shoot a 3 i mean i think he jumps high enough to shoot over kevin durant im not even joking he gets up really high but it seems like he can shoot the ball many different ways

as a neg. i would add when he drives the lane and dishes it out once in trouble hes kinda manuish/ and turns the ball over in those situations .

about his defense i see him as an average defender and i didnt see him leave his man too much like reports had said and another good thing is he at least tried to rebound the ball offensively and i did see him play some help/team defense when he could esp if his man was hanging around so i think he gives average defense and it seems like hes free to do as he pleases so alot of this should improve with some authority.

to sum it up neal is going to be FANTASTIC as a dish out corner three/pull up jumper. must work on finishing at the rim but he drives left and right really well. in all these videos he gets bombarded by 2 defenders at all times so as soon as he gets the ball these guys must know how deadly this dude is so with timmy manu splitter parker i dont want to jinx us but my god this guy is going to have a field day at the 3 if hes hitting 40% with double teams i think hell do fine here. and he can always create room to get a shot and is really quick and strong

galvatron3000
08-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Personally, I hope the Spurs keep Temple.

Sean Cagney
08-12-2010, 10:24 PM

Last years playoffs proved Pop had the edge over Carlisle, Carlisle pulled a red hot Roddy in game 6 when they had the momentum and killed most of that there :lol. He also pulled out Butler and Marion for the game pretty much as well, he messed up there IMO. Pop outcoached him.

Dex
08-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Last years playoffs proved Pop had the edge over Carlisle, Carlisle pulled a red hot Roddy in game 6 when they had the momentum and killed most of that there :lol. He also pulled out Butler and Marion for the game pretty much as well, he messed up there IMO. Pop outcoached him.

Yeah, fortunately we got revenge on the Mavericks last year, so it looks like Carlisle doesn't have Pop's number like Avery did. I'm still just bitter about 2006.

He didn't seem to have any answers for Gentry, though.

mytespurs
08-12-2010, 10:50 PM

And not even in that case.......Lakers won or will win because they are the better team right now. Ditto Dallas......not last year though. :hat