PDA

View Full Version : UFC 118: Edgar vs. Penn 2/Toney vs. Couture August 28th, Fight Thread

dbreiden83080
08-12-2010, 04:56 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0d/UFC_118_Edgar_vs_Penn_2_poster.jpg

krO-I5exEoM

Event Preview Here.. I'll post the youtube link when it's up..

7JQEP_Xh7nA

Main card

Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar (c) vs. B.J. Penn
Heavyweight bout: Randy Couture vs. James Toney
Middleweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Mario Miranda
Lightweight bout: Kenny Florian vs. Gray Maynard
Welterweight bout: Nate Diaz vs. Marcus Davis

Preliminary card (Spike TV)

Lightweight bout: Joe Lauzon vs. Gabe Ruediger
Lightweight bout: Andre Winner vs. Nik Lentz

Preliminary card

Middleweight bout: Dan Miller vs. John Salter
Welterweight bout: Nick Osipczak vs. Greg Soto
Welterweight bout: Mike Pierce vs. Amilcar Alves

dbreiden83080
08-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Really good overall card.

Randy should end this inside of 3 min with Toney.. Double leg TD, submission or pound him out fast..

Penn Edgar 2 is a great rematch really tough to call IMO..

Kenny and Gray another tough one to call..

ace3g
08-12-2010, 05:15 PM
I was watching a preview on yahoo sports and BJ Penn was talking a lot of trash toward Edgar. Does Penn usually talk a lot of trash prior to each fight?

dbreiden83080
08-12-2010, 05:23 PM
I was watching a preview on yahoo sports and BJ Penn was talking a lot of trash toward Edgar. Does Penn usually talk a lot of trash prior to each fight?

Oh yes.. He told GSP he was gonna "Fight to the death"

Then quit in the corner... :lol

CubanSucks
08-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Edgar/Penn doesn't interest me the least bit. I just hope it ends like the first. The only fight that REALLY interests me is Couture/Toney and only cause of the freakshow status

Stringer_Bell
08-12-2010, 06:30 PM

He said GSP was a quitter, then ended up quitting himself :lol

I do, however, think BJ will whoop the shit out of Edgar. It was so obvious that something was wrong with BJ and all Edgar did was try to win on the cards, not the fight.

ace3g
08-12-2010, 07:09 PM
He said GSP was a quitter, then ended up quitting himself :lol

I do, however, think BJ will whoop the shit out of Edgar. It was so obvious that something was wrong with BJ and all Edgar did was try to win on the cards, not the fight.

Right when Penn entered the ring I noticed the knee brace (I know he has worn that in the past) but I don't think he had it on in the 2 previous fights (Florian and Sanchez) He looked slower than usual, so he probably had some sort of knee injury going into the fight.

I also think Penn will win the belt back

BlackSwordsMan
08-12-2010, 08:25 PM
I hope toney retires this old faggot

The TroutBum
08-12-2010, 08:46 PM
I hope toney retires this old faggot

Haha!

I can dig it. Toney is a butt fuck, but I'm really sick of Randy.

MannyIsGod
08-12-2010, 08:51 PM
I love Edgar. Dude is just a smart hard worker. I still can't believe he's the champ. Hope he keeps the belt.

BlackSwordsMan
08-12-2010, 09:19 PM
randy '' hold you on the cage for 15 mins'' couture should give it up

CubanSucks
08-12-2010, 10:19 PM
How can you possibly root for that loud mouth butt fuck retard? I am JUST as sick of Couture still being in the ring as everyone else, but fighting against this illiterate sounding asshole?...come on

Rip-Hamilton32
08-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Randy
Franky
Maynard
Maia
Diaz

I hope Toney gets destroyed he needs to stop talking so much and lose some damn weight

dbreiden83080
08-13-2010, 12:25 AM
randy '' hold you on the cage for 15 mins'' couture should give it up

Randy is gonna look like a world-beater in this fight.. It's got no chance of getting out of rd 1..

dallaskd
08-13-2010, 01:08 AM

ace3g
08-13-2010, 02:26 AM

polandprzem
08-13-2010, 04:39 AM
What nationality is James Toney? Because I can't recognize the language he is speaking ...

I think it will be a cake walk for Randy and I think he needs to double leg James as fast as possible. No need to test the distance and Toney's gameplan :)
Shoot down and beat up, make a massacre!

desflood
08-13-2010, 12:55 PM
I don't see Penn allowing Edgar keep the belt - but I didn't see him losing it the first time, either. Apathy may well kill BJ's career entirely.

Stringer_Bell
08-13-2010, 01:19 PM
- I'm loving that conditioning training he's been doing with those Marinavich (sp?) guys, I can't understand how he managed to look like shit in the last match. I still hate him and hope he loses, but I need the prediction points!!
- Randy's got pressure not to let MMA look like a joke, but I think he can handle it and submit Toney.
- I think Maia will put on a great performance.
- Kenny seems to be in a good spot in his career and looking better/faster/stronger with each fight. He can beat anyone in LW except for when the belt's on the line, so his chances are good here unless Maynard puts everyone to sleep with his wrestling. Can you say "Viewing Audience Submission"? :(
- Total asshole, but he looked really mean in his last fight and the move to welterweight just gives his punches more power. Davis has the hometown crowd, but Diaz don't give a shit and he'll beat him up anyway.

Hoping Mike Pierce gets a win and can get a spot on a main card and fight people higher on the WW ladder.

desflood
08-13-2010, 01:32 PM
I may be remembering incorrectly, but it seems to me that Florian has had some trouble in the past with strong wrestlers. With Gray being exactly that, it's hard to pick Ken outright in this fight.

dbreiden83080
08-13-2010, 03:14 PM
I may be remembering incorrectly, but it seems to me that Florian has had some trouble in the past with strong wrestlers. With Gray being exactly that, it's hard to pick Ken outright in this fight.

+1 Des..

The TroutBum
08-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar (c) vs. B.J. Penn -- Penn is too old/lazy. He's going to get beat up again.
Heavyweight bout: Randy Couture vs. James Toney -- I'm giving Toney a punchers chance.
Middleweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Mario Miranda -- I love Maia.
Lightweight bout: Kenny Florian vs. Gray Maynard -- I hate picking Florian because he's one of the worst cageside announcers of all time, but he's just too good right now.
Welterweight bout: Nate Diaz vs. Marcus Davis -- I love Davis and utterly loathe Diaz, but Marcus is done.

Stringer_Bell
08-14-2010, 07:19 PM

I don't think I would call losing to Sherk in the earlier stages of your UFC career having trouble with wrestlers. :p: Florian's game is much better these days, and he's finished everyone except for Huerta since that loss. Even if Maynard, who hasn't finished any elite competition, tries to just score takedowns Kenny will cut him open with elbows from the bottom. Maynard has heart and can hang, but I don't see him having a chance to win this match-up.

dbreiden83080
08-16-2010, 12:42 PM
Event preview..

7JQEP_Xh7nA

desflood
08-17-2010, 09:29 AM
I don't think I would call losing to Sherk in the earlier stages of your UFC career having trouble with wrestlers. :p: Florian's game is much better these days, and he's finished everyone except for Huerta since that loss.
I suppose you're right, but instinct is pushing me in Maynard's direction this time.

Toney's constant jabber irks me. If Couture knocks him out it will be the best thing that ever happened in the history of the world - better than penicillin, the discovery of electricity and the invention of the telephone combined.

Cleveland Steamer
08-20-2010, 02:38 PM

cant wait to watch Randy smash Toney.

dbreiden83080
08-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Main Card

Going with the kid on this one. Big under-dog yet again, people still don't believe in him. I have rewatched the first fight a lot and Edgar poses problems for Penn because of his movement, speed, wrestling and cardio. BJ spent much of the fight trying to cut him off and connect with heavy shots and they never came. Frankie is gonna make BJ try to cut him off again. Edgars wrestling is very good so i don't see BJ just shooting on him and ending it early with a sub. Could go either way but i'll take Frankie by Decision again..

Double-Leg TD in the first 30 seconds, Randy is gonna win this with a sub. Arm-Bar or Choke IMO. Maybe he tries some GNP to soften him up first. This is not going past 2 or 3 min. Toney is gonna get owned badly and likely never fight in the UFC ever again..

Close but i'll take Maia by Submission..

Gray is hungry and tough with his wrestling and has decent hands but Kenny is the more technical well rounded of the two. A seasoned vet who has looked great since the BJ loss. Kenny picks Gray apart on the feet and works hard for subs on the ground and in front of his home-town faithful gets his hand raised via decision..

Tough pick i'll take Nate VIA decision, a lot of tough picks on this card past the Toney fight..

The TroutBum
08-22-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm torn... I hate Randy. I want him to lose. But Toney... such a butt fuck.

/sigh.

Still going w/ James.

CubanSucks
08-22-2010, 11:51 PM
old mma fighter vs old boxer

silent and humble vs loud retard asshole

http://www.freewebs.com/femalerhyme/check_yo_self_ice_cube.gif

dbreiden83080
08-24-2010, 06:20 PM
x4O-eQm5uk4&feature=sub

CubanSucks
08-24-2010, 09:36 PM
What was sad, and very funny, was how they had to add subtitles whenever he was talking in the countdown.

:lmao

dallaskd
08-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Randy should take him down and rough him up but ive been watching videos of Toney training for this one and his hands look 10x faster than Randys. Couture has to be careful going in for the clinch. I think he probably shoots for a double right away though.

dbreiden83080
08-24-2010, 11:30 PM
Randy should take him down and rough him up but ive been watching videos of Toney training for this one and his hands look 10x faster than Randys. Couture has to be careful going in for the clinch. I think he probably shoots for a double right away though.

double leg all day

I saw Randy on the Countdown show talk about Dirty boxing in the clinch, he is insane if he does that. I know that is Randy's strength in MMA but Toney is one of the best inside counter punchers in boxing history.. Toney's hands need to be a non-factor in Randy's game-plan. Leg kicks, Double leg TD and sub attempts is what i expect to see.. Don't give Toney any space to fire anything at you...

polandprzem
08-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Randy knows exactly what to do against Toney.
He will not shoot for the takedown just like that. He will measure it and shoot with a timing.
As for dirty boxing - I don't know if Tony knows what to do when he is pressured against the cage.

It will be fun to watch it, really.

CubanSucks
08-25-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm afraid if Couture wants to dirty box up against the cage it might end up like Carwin vs Mir, Toney being Carwin and Couture being Mir :(

dbreiden83080
08-25-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm afraid if Couture wants to dirty box up against the cage it might end up like Carwin vs Mir, Toney being Carwin and Couture being Mir :(

Yep Yep..

Stringer_Bell
08-25-2010, 11:20 PM
After watching the Countdown, it's clear that Toney on his back will be like a turtle that doesn't know where the fuck he is at. That being said, his arms and speed are crazy and dirty boxing should not be on Randy's menu of foods to serve Toney.

Leg kicks will set up the takedown and end the fight in the first round. If Toney wins, it's by standing KO and in the first round.

dbreiden83080
08-26-2010, 12:33 AM
After watching the Countdown, it's clear that Toney on his back will be like a turtle that doesn't know where the fuck he is at. That being said, his arms and speed are crazy and dirty boxing should not be on Randy's menu of foods to serve Toney.

Leg kicks will set up the takedown and end the fight in the first round. If Toney wins, it's by standing KO and in the first round.

Spot on as always Stringer.. :toast

polandprzem
08-26-2010, 08:22 AM

The thing is how Randy wants to take Toney down?

IMO he will probably be waiting in a distance and check the stance of James, then he can set up leg kicks.
I don't think he will try some punches to see the exchanges timing.
He rather will wait for Toneys first action and then try to go under the punches going really low for a double leg.
IMO he will not try to come close and clinch boxer as he use to do.

He will come and do 'ala Kos or Sonnen takedown

Toney on the other hand will try to punch Randy in this situation and he probably got one chance and some tens of a second to do it.

It was funny to see James sweeping a wrestler on Countdown.
Kinda funny

desflood
08-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Please God, make sure Randy Couture doesn't try to stand up with Toney the whole fight.

ace3g
08-27-2010, 01:19 PM
UFC 118 Weigh-In: Watch it live at 4pm ET/ 1pm PT

http://www.ufc.com/live

ace3g
08-27-2010, 03:34 PM
237 for Toney; 220 for Couture (with jeans on)

dbreiden83080
08-27-2010, 03:35 PM
237 pds for Toney

Looked awful fat..

polandprzem
08-27-2010, 04:18 PM
237 for Toney; 220 for Couture (with jeans on)

Well I thought he will be bit lower then 220 and I was acurate with the prediction.

Nice with jeans on :tu :D

And Toney was not looking so cocky :)

I'm looking forward for this matchup, and I almost takes it personally. I just wait for Randy to put James on his ass and beat him down with vicious elbows and controlling him down.

BJ is looking fantastic, and he looked very confident on the weight-ins. I might change my pick from Edgar to BJ, although I thought BJ will lose his desire. He did not.
But maybe if he will lose he will be broken.

That cake was awesome

polandprzem
08-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Main card

Preliminary card (Spike TV)

Lightweight bout: Joe Lauzon vs. Gabe Ruediger
Lightweight bout: Andre Winner vs. Nik Lentz

Preliminary card

Middleweight bout: Dan Miller vs. John Salter
Welterweight bout: Nick Osipczak vs. Greg Soto

cornbread
08-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Penn
Couture
Maia
Florian
Lauzon

Stringer_Bell
08-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Edgar looked pretty timid at the weigh-ins, BJ is going to hurt him for 5 rounds instead of trying to finish him sooner. I picked BJ, but I secretly hope Edgar keeps the belt even though he's boring as hell.

Toney looks like he's realized what he's getting into and hoping for a miracle. Miracle = magically catching Randy on the way in during a takedown. His hands look fast enough to do it, but he's gotta know how to read Randy and I just don't think he knows what to look for at this point. Just stick that leg out there and check his kicks, Toney!

Pierce is great, but this is a dangerous match. He's fought tough dudes, hopefully he wins this one and can get back on the main card somewhere.

MannyIsGod
08-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Man I love Edgar. I just do. One of my first introductions to MMA was the MTV True Life with him in it. To see him get to the top was great. Hope he keeps that belt.

desflood
08-28-2010, 01:31 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/1r3fnr.jpg

Do you think Toney bothered to do any actual training, or did he sit on the couch eating Ben and Jerry's watching UFC 1 over and over again while chanting to himself, "I can do this, I can do this!"?

Stringer_Bell
08-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Looks like Des was right about Maynard. That boring, tough talking, yawn-inducing "fighter." Kenny was a huge disappointment, I wonder what happens to him now.

And Toney looks like he's going to give a vintage Tank Abbot performance. :p:

If I was Joe Silva, Nate Diaz vs Joe Lauzon @ LW /John Hathaway @ WW next!

MannyIsGod
08-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Pretty boring night so far.

ace3g
08-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Toney vs Couture is next

BlackSwordsMan
08-28-2010, 10:41 PM
KENNY VS Maynard was a disappointment maia was a good fight

ace3g
08-28-2010, 10:42 PM
lol, Toney with a K-Mart shirt (I like K-Mart) but that is funny as hell

ace3g
08-28-2010, 10:50 PM
already a takedown

MannyIsGod
08-28-2010, 10:53 PM
:lol what a joke

ace3g
08-28-2010, 10:53 PM
game over

ace3g
08-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Toney went "lights out" with that Couture choke

ace3g
08-28-2010, 10:58 PM
what was the blackbelt for ? (I know most likely was a joke)

DesignatedT
08-28-2010, 10:58 PM
lol toney.

Stringer_Bell
08-28-2010, 11:03 PM
what was the blackbelt for ? (I know most likely was a joke)

It's not uncommon for fighters to still be pursuing belts in different martial arts disciplines. Could have been a JJ belt or something, it was nice for him to receive it like that. :toast

Toney looked like a toddler being pushed over, but he certainly looked like he could take punches. I couldn't help but feel like we were in ancient Rome chanting for blood when the big bag gladiator was beating on a n00b. "My ground game is good, but he just had a great fight." :lol Gotta respect him allowing himself to get beat up like that, even if it's just for the paycheck.

BRHornet45
08-28-2010, 11:05 PM
sons I thought the black belt was for Couture finally beating a brotha

Stringer_Bell
08-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Edgar's got 2 rounds, and looks better.

Make it 3 rounds, Penn looks like shit again and there's no excuse this time. I'm actually liking Edgar's style for once, much more confident and actually looks dominant.

Fuck BJ's cornerman always talking shit.

BlackSwordsMan
08-28-2010, 11:30 PM
3 roundsn ow

ace3g
08-28-2010, 11:33 PM
that was a monster leg sweep/inside leg kick by Edgar

ace3g
08-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Edgar just mixes everything up so well, punches/head movement/kicks/take downs/etc

ace3g
08-28-2010, 11:36 PM
all or nothing now for Penn

BlackSwordsMan
08-28-2010, 11:36 PM
4 rounds to frankie

Stringer_Bell
08-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Edgar's even mixing it up on the ground too, he's so well prepared. Great work ethic.

ace3g
08-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Both showing respect after the fight, Penn knows the better man won

MannyIsGod
08-28-2010, 11:45 PM
God damn I love me some Frankie Edgar.

polandprzem
08-28-2010, 11:56 PM
As i said on my previous posts

BJ can be broken - what's next? Interesting

:lol good ground game and Countdown 'wrestler' sweep.

bbaq with more in an hour

mystargtr34
08-29-2010, 12:07 AM
Edgar vs St Pierre?.... or is he too small?

MannyIsGod
08-29-2010, 12:15 AM
Way too small.

Stringer_Bell
08-29-2010, 12:16 AM
Edgar vs St Pierre?.... or is he too small?

Too small, and there's plenty of fights for Edgar at LW. The only reason people talk about BJ fighting at WW is because he's beaten everyone decisively at LW. Except Edgar beat his ass for 5 Rounds, so I think BJ will stay at LW and switch camps because his corner sucks.

Edgar's lack of weight cutting and conditioning are just too much for anyone that's not a wrestler. Wrestlers are owning the best fighters in each division...GSP's dominance, Chael exposing Silva, Jon Jones killing everyone, and all the other contenders that are wrestlers. It wouldn't be a problem if they tried to finish fights instead of just outpoint people *COUGH*GRAY"THE BORING*MAYNARD*COUGH*. That shit makes me glad I streamed tonight.

CubanSucks
08-29-2010, 01:21 AM
Great job Couture, now please fucking retire (I know it's not happening). The Edgar/Maynard fight better be a co main event whenever it happens. Not that it's a boring fight but it sure as hell can't support a card as the only championship fight. I'm thinking have it with GSP/Kos. Then the other fights on that card wouldn't have to be so great :wakeup

CubanSucks
08-29-2010, 01:22 AM
Did something go down after the Lauzon fight? I was watching MMA Live and they mention Lauzon winning and saying the other guy's probably gonna get cut from the UFC. I don't even know who the other guy was so it may be just cause he sucks.

polandprzem
08-29-2010, 01:26 AM
In many ways I don't like the thing that wrestling is so dominant art in mma.

But when you have guys like Edgar who can mix up pretty well, it's good to watch. Great night for him and Penn could do nothing. He had his chances but frank was escaping nicely and beat BJ all the way. Steal the victory :)

They only got Frankie Edgar ...

Maynard is Jon Fitch of the LW's. Elite guy, not risking much and controlling tempo and controlling opponents. Kenflo, well really I though he was the 2nd guy in the division but now he will probably be keeping gate. he reached his potential IMO and with great camp he will not get much better. But who knows?

Maia looked better in wrestling and standing but still he needs to work more to be more fluid and feel confident in what he is doing. His defense is not that great. We will see.
If Belford is not fighting Leben, he can test Demian. or if Palhares will defeat Marquardt I would square them.

How Toneys trashtalk will look now?
he obviously got a ground game but he was too cocky and did not wanted to show it.
And I'm disappointed in Randy, yea he took Toney down with ease [predicted], yea he easily took a full mount [U could predict it], and he choked him with ease [one of the possibilities to end the fight - U could predict].
HE DID NOT LAND ELBOWS! That's why I'm not full happy.
he should elbow Phony James and cut him open. it would have been nice.

What's next for Randy?
He can fight next month :) But I have no idea who he can fight now. Giving him guy like Bonnar. Does it make a sense? Jon Jones? I don't like it.

Jame Toney's next opponent should be Pat Barry.
We need to work on Toneys legs now.

CubanSucks
08-29-2010, 01:27 AM
BRHornet, it is vital that you tell who that chick is in your sig. I really hope it's not the alcohol making her look like the hottest ever. I need the answer asap :toast

angelbelow
08-29-2010, 01:31 AM
I got chills from the randy fight. Awesome!

Rip-Hamilton32
08-29-2010, 01:56 AM
5-0 tonight

dbreiden83080
08-29-2010, 02:05 AM
After tonight

I think BJ is like a lot of fighters/athletes that had really good runs, are really talented but never really reached all time greatness. They are over-rated. Anyone who puts BJ in the top fighters ever class now is just trolling IMO. He's not the best LW ever, he didn't have a great career at WW.. He's a very good fighter who had a good career

That's it..

dbreiden83080
08-29-2010, 02:07 AM
5-0 tonight

Nice :toast

I was 4-1 like the first 4-1 of the season for me.. Kenny let me down.. :depressed

dbreiden83080
08-29-2010, 02:08 AM
Toney walked into the cage a tub of shit.. The result was no shock to anyone..

dallaskd
08-29-2010, 02:16 AM
How many fights are left on Randy's contract? I dont even know who you give him at this point. Someone he can beat, but is still marketable..? Tito or somthing..

Sir Loin
08-29-2010, 02:30 AM
randy has four fights left on his contract. I don't know either who he should get next and especially for four more. Man i won some serious cash from someone who was dumb enough to bet on toney

dbreiden83080
08-29-2010, 02:34 AM
How many fights are left on Randy's contract? I dont even know who you give him at this point. Someone he can beat, but is still marketable..? Tito or somthing..

Randy and Bones

Book it..

dallaskd
08-29-2010, 02:39 AM
randy has four fights left on his contract. I don't know either who he should get next and especially for four more. Man i won some serious cash from someone who was dumb enough to bet on toney

nope, I looked it up and he actually has two fights left..

Couture and UFC president Dana White announced following Saturday's "UFC 102: Couture vs. Nogueira" event that the 46-year-old signed a new six-fight, 28-month contract prior to his main-event loss to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in Portland, Ore.

So Nog was fight 1, Vera was 2, Coleman-3, Toney-4

Give him Tito and Rich, then call it a hell of a career

dallaskd
08-29-2010, 02:46 AM
After tonight

I think BJ is like a lot of fighters/athletes that had really good runs, are really talented but never really reached all time greatness. They are over-rated. Anyone who puts BJ in the top fighters ever class now is just trolling IMO. He's not the best LW ever, he didn't have a great career at WW.. He's a very good fighter who had a good career

That's it..

If so, then put Randy, Cro, Tito, Nog, Rich, Wandy in BJ's class too..

Gracie, Chuck, GSP, Hughes, Gomi, Silva, and Fedor have reached the pinnacle of MMA imo

MannyIsGod
08-29-2010, 02:51 AM
I was really underwhelmed by the card tonight. Its sad because the only fight I enjoyed was the ME and thats probably only because I love Frankie.

I can't seem to get up for any upcoming card until 121.

dbreiden83080
08-29-2010, 02:52 AM
If so, then put Randy, Cro, Nog, Rich, Wandy in BJ's class too.. Chuck, GSP, Hughes,Silva, and Fedor have reached the pinnacle of MMA imo

Removed a few like Tito, but all of the above have had better careers than BJ. His biggest win in the UFC is Hughes Dallas and that was avenged by finish. He got beat by GSP twice and now twice at LW by Edgar..

He's not that great..

polandprzem
08-29-2010, 02:53 AM
After tonight

That's it..

Come on

He ruled the division for years. Who do you consider better in history?

I would love to see Aldo in UFC - he would be close to favorite in championship matchup IMO right now.

I love Randy, but really I do not like him against Bones.

Stringer_Bell
08-29-2010, 03:27 AM
Randy and Bones

Book it..

Since apparently there's only 2 fights left on his contract, and Jones is poised to get a shot after 1 more big win...let them fight each other. It's a good sell, and the winner will deserve a title shot which makes both guys happy to take it if that's what is on the line. Otherwise Randy can fight Forrest and Jones fight Franklin, which just muddies up the water even more. Franklin vs Forrest would be real good now that I think about it, and the winner of that gets Machida/Rampage winner. :p:

BJ's legacy is in doubt because of his last two performances? Yes, he looks just about cooked but no matter who fights him there is still that level of respect there and that's what really matters. Something must be wrong with him, or maybe it really is his camp being a bunch of asshole "yes men" and not pushing him. Then again, Edgar is super fast and maybe it's just age creeping up on him. But as much of a jerk as he is when hyping fights, BJ earned his legacy next to Hughes and Ortiz as dominant champions in their division (where I'd also put Gomi). GSP/Silva/Liddell/Randy/Fedor/Gracie are in the highest class. I'm sure I'm forgetting other great fighters but BJ just always struggled with motivation and all the little tricks he did to Florian and Diego have been absent these last two fights.

CubanSucks
08-29-2010, 03:38 AM
I can't seem to get up for any upcoming card until 121.

Aint that the truth. Besides the Bisping and Nog/Bader fights, every fight for the next two events mean jack shit to me.

polandprzem
08-29-2010, 04:08 AM
Diaz thinks he is contender

wanted to fight Maynard for title shot ... :D

Put him against Swick. It would be sweet

recommend you a post-fight presser @ ufc.com

CubanSucks
08-29-2010, 04:24 AM
Diaz thinks he is contender

wanted to fight Maynard for title shot ... :D

Put him against Swick. It would be sweet

recommend you a post-fight presser @ ufc.com

I like

dbreiden83080
08-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Come on

He ruled the division for years. Who do you consider better in history?

No he didn't. He had runs at LW and then went to WW, then went to other promotions fighting at even higher weights then came back to the UFC, and fought at WW and LW again. That is not ruling a division.. GSP and Silva rule their division.. Chuck ruled his division.. Wandy ruled it in Pride..

polandprzem
08-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Still unanswered question - who was better lightweigh?

dbreiden83080
08-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Still unanswered question - who was better lightweigh?

It's not unanswered i said he is not an all time great like other fighters and he isn't.. IS he the best LW ever still?? I guess but the man is only 31 and appears done.. Hughes had twice the career of Penn, he was the man at WW forever.. Edgar kicked the hell out of him last night. HE did not dominate that division for years and years is my point..

I have a hard time saying "BJ is the best LW" ever when at 31 he now has 2 losses, one lop-sided to Frankie Edgar..

But that's me..

polandprzem
08-29-2010, 12:31 PM
It's not unanswered i said he is not an all time great like other fighters and he isn't.. IS he the best LW ever still?? I guess but the man is only 31 and appears done.. Hughes had twice the career of Penn, he was the man at WW forever.. Edgar kicked the hell out of him last night. HE did not dominate that division for years and years is my point..

I have a hard time saying "BJ is the best LW" ever when at 31 he now has 2 losses, one lop-sided to Frankie Edgar..

But that's me..

Truth that

But one thing you said and I'm so annoying to point this out

He's not the best LW ever

Though I do agree that he is a bit overrated in a sense that ppl puts him top 3 or top5 p4p

[I said that Anderson is overrated and I got all the flames :D ]

dbreiden83080
08-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Just saw the Kenny fight man was that dissapointing. Kenny did not attack on the feet and he is a much better striker than Gray. Not pulling the trigger in front of the home-town faithful

DAMN Kenny!!!

dallaskd
08-29-2010, 01:16 PM
In his time, Gomi was the best LW ever. and im a huge Penn fan.

polandprzem
08-29-2010, 01:20 PM
In his time, Gomi was the best LW ever. and im a huge Penn fan.

And BJ won with Gomi

dallaskd
08-29-2010, 01:26 PM
And BJ won with Gomi

BJ beat gomi before takanori ever fought in PRIDE. That is when his run started. After his loss to penn the dude made his pride debut. Went 14-1 in pride and dominated the LW division. From 2003 to 2007, Gomi was hands down considered the number one guy at LW. Not Penn. It wasnt until BJ beat Joe Stevenson and Gomi lost to Diaz that he got back in the discussion. Penn COULD have been great but he fucked around to much trying to fight Machida at LHW, moving up to WW before he even dominated everyone at LW.. now he doesnt have the same fire and it is obvious

polandprzem
08-29-2010, 01:33 PM
U can make discussion of it and check Gomis opponents

I'm off mainly because I haven't seen much of Gomi

still penn won with the 'best'

dallaskd
08-29-2010, 01:46 PM
All the best LWs were in PRIDE and even after they folded. UFC didnt even have a LW champion again until Sherk vs Florian because the division was so bad.

BlackSwordsMan
08-29-2010, 01:48 PM
bj penn could literally do nothing to him
poor guy

polandprzem
08-29-2010, 02:01 PM
All the best LWs were in PRIDE and even after they folded. UFC didnt even have a LW champion again until Sherk vs Florian because the division was so bad.

So BJ won with Gomi who then becomes the best even though BJ never lost at LW

dallaskd
08-29-2010, 02:53 PM
So BJ won with Gomi who then becomes the best even though BJ never lost at LW

Penn lost to Pulver at LW the year before.. BJ never made a run in the LW division. He was in and out of the UFC at different weight classes (even up to 205). All of this was happening while Gomi was 14-1 in PRIDE and was the kingpin of the LW division. BJ wasnt even back up to LW until he had lost to Hughes and GSP consecutively and beat an old Jens Pulver on TUF Finale. He never won more than 3 fights in a row in the UFC.

dbreiden83080
08-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Lack of training plagued Penn's results his whole career. He relied on great talent in an era where he was maybe the most talented. But MMA in the last few years has caught up to him in that area..

polandprzem
08-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Penn lost to Pulver at LW the year before.. BJ never made a run in the LW division. He was in and out of the UFC at different weight classes (even up to 205). All of this was happening while Gomi was 14-1 in PRIDE and was the kingpin of the LW division. BJ wasnt even back up to LW until he had lost to Hughes and GSP consecutively and beat an old Jens Pulver on TUF Finale. He never won more than 3 fights in a row in the UFC.

You are talking about LW and then starts to bring his career :rolleyes

I acknowledge your point but i will not discuss on this subject

The TroutBum
08-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Meh, I shouldn't have picked Tony, but it would've been worth it to see the old man eat a hay-maker.

Fuck you Florian, I KNEW I should have gone with my gut. You are the second shittiest ringside announcer (next to Stephen Boner) I have ever heard, your face looks like my daughters retarded friend, and you fight like a fucking wooget. I hope you break your neck training for your next 'fight', you dick hole.

Edger, my boy, I knew you would do it. Fuck B.low J.ob and his cocky-ass shit dick camp. Gods, I hate Hawaiians.

All in all, that card made me /yawn, but it was better than sitting around watching Days Of Our Lives.

(just kidding, Days kicks ass)

dbreiden83080
08-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Meh, I shouldn't have picked Tony, but it would've been worth it to see the old man eat a hay-maker.

Fuck you Florian, I KNEW I should have gone with my gut. You are the second shittiest ringside announcer (next to Stephen Boner) I have ever heard, your face looks like my daughters retarded friend, and you fight like a fucking wooget. I hope you break your neck training for your next 'fight', you dick hole.

Edger, my boy, I knew you would do it. Fuck B.low J.ob and his cocky-ass shit dick camp. Gods, I hate Hawaiians.

All in all, that card made me /yawn, but it was better than sitting around watching Days Of Our Lives.

(just kidding, Days kicks ass)

Trout will be here all weeks folks

Be sure to tip you're waitress..

polandprzem
08-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Trout will be here all weeks folks

Be sure to tap your waitress in da a$$..

fixed

dbreiden83080
08-29-2010, 03:39 PM
fixed

:lol

cornbread
08-29-2010, 08:39 PM
When Randy was pounding on Toney, I got this uncomfortable feeling in my stomach that I got when I watched the first UFCs back in the day and somebody will fall victim to a brutal lack of experience. Those kind of fights aren't fun for me to watch.

At the same time, I was laughing during J-Lau's destruction of Ruediger. Does that make me a hypocrite?

desflood
08-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Off-topic, but I noticed that Captain America was wearing a wedding ring at the post-fight presser. Remarried already. Just as his book indicated - Randy never gets a divorce without already having a replacement wife in mind.

dbreiden83080
08-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Off-topic, but I noticed that Captain America was wearing a wedding ring at the post-fight presser. Remarried already. Just as his book indicated - Randy never gets a divorce without already having a replacement wife in mind.

Oh god.. Isn't he broke from divorce settlements by now??

ace3g
08-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Pretty obvious after the results; and not getting a punch off in the stand up
Bm-H8lcbqcw&feature=player_embedded

dbreiden83080
08-29-2010, 10:05 PM
http://piczasso.com/i/nepfj.gif

http://piczasso.com/i/vmv0c.gif

http://piczasso.com/i/c4czh.gif

desflood
08-29-2010, 10:11 PM
http://piczasso.com/i/c4czh.gif
Slick move by Edgar - the look on Penn's face says it all.

The TroutBum
08-29-2010, 10:13 PM
That leg kick was fucking great. Have a seat, ass face.

Gods, I love Edgar!

Cleveland Steamer
08-29-2010, 10:47 PM
lol@ Couture taking away Toney's manhood with brute-force. and Edgar is the truth!!!!!

dbreiden83080
08-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Edgar looks like he is gonna be around a long time. The confidence and improvement he showed in that fight blew me away. Maynard has a win on him but this is a new Frankie. Gonna be tough to go 5 rds with him and get your hand raised for anybody..

dbreiden83080
08-29-2010, 10:56 PM
LakerHater posted these in the Gifs section..

http://209.160.24.97/ds_img_direct.php?i=randy1.gif&t=8&d=1fjdcjav7c&x=360&y=480&l1=169&l2=61

I'll just add...

Dana never should have made the fight. Seriously Kimbo would have done better against Randy. He's at least in shape with a few years MMA training. Toney is like 10 years past his prime and 40 pds fat.. His reaction time to the Randy shoot was friggin laughable..

It was a freak-show start to finish..

desflood
08-29-2010, 11:03 PM
Dana never should have made the fight. Seriously Kimbo would have done better against Randy. He's at least in shape with a few years MMA training. Toney is like 10 years past his prime and 40 pds fat.. His reaction time to the Randy shoot was friggin laughable..

It was a freak-show start to finish..
What's really irritating is that Toney probably made more for this one time freak fight than many of the guys make in their entire UFC careers. Rumor has it (unproven rumor, mind you) that Zuffa gave that lazy bastard 750k for his first-round loss last night.

tlongII
08-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Toney did a great job promoting the fight. I had no problem with it.

BRHornet45
08-30-2010, 03:33 AM

son is he marrying Gina Carano?

http://i30.tinypic.com/6teo94.jpg

dbreiden83080
08-30-2010, 09:47 AM

LOL

He wishes..

desflood
08-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Having trained with him for years, she probably knows enough to stay the hell away. I like Randy overall, but he has issues with women that no amount of marriage can cure.

polandprzem
08-30-2010, 11:58 AM
He makes mistakes

Any biggie?

what's the precise issues?

desflood
08-30-2010, 12:21 PM
He makes mistakes

Any biggie?

what's the precise issues?
By his own admission, Randy cheats. A lot. He cheated on his first wife with the woman who became his second wife, then cheated on her with the woman who eventually became his third wife (Kim Couture). If he followed his old pattern, he cheated on Kim with the woman who is now his fourth wife, causing their divorce.

polandprzem
08-30-2010, 12:24 PM
cheated - you mean he had sex with other women?

That's what i consider no biggie :)

I though there was something more into it. I knew he 'cheated'.

desflood
08-30-2010, 12:29 PM
cheated - you mean he had sex with other women?

That's what i consider no biggie :)
If you're married, it is a biggie. The whole point of being married is to NOT f*ck other people :lol

MannyIsGod
08-30-2010, 12:29 PM
You're right about this being a new Frankie. He really took it to BJ in this fight and it was impressive. He really believed he was the better fighter this time around.

polandprzem
08-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Maynard is way stronger and way bigger wrestler.

what Frankie can do on defense to overcome this Maynards advantages?

Stringer_Bell
08-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Maynard is way stronger and way bigger wrestler.

what Frankie can do on defense to overcome this Maynards advantages?

Leg kicks are difficult because Maynard can catch them, but I think Frankie's camp can figure out a way to make Mayard more cautious about shooting in. BJ's counters are some of the best, and Frankie peppered him all night so I don't see Maynard as comfortable with being chased as he was with Kenny. I also think Frankie won't mind working off his back, since all Gray has done is lay and pray.

Also, I know I've talked crap about Frankie but I really hope he defends his title as impressively as this last fight.

CubanSucks
08-30-2010, 05:22 PM

He does have that "someone just beat up my wife" look right there

dallaskd
08-31-2010, 11:24 AM
MQIDjKqbYqw