PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall wants to play in NBA (if there is a lock out)

ace3g
08-12-2010, 05:10 PM
DAVIE, Fla. -- Dolphins wide receiver Brandon Marshall said Thursday that if NFL teams lock out the players next year, he will try out for the NBA.

Marshall said he plans to audition for either the Denver Nuggets or the Miami Heat.

"My first team will be the Nuggets and my second team will be the Heat -- I'm serious," Marshall said.

Asked to clarify whether he will pursue a basketball career if there is no NFL season in 2011, Marshall said: "Not pursuing -- I'm going to be on an NBA team. Seriously."

Marshall said he was good enough to play shooting guard professionally.

The Pro Bowl wideout played basketball at Lake Howell High School in Florida and frequently attended NBA games in Denver.

Marshall, who signed a four-year, $47.5 million contract extension after being traded from Denver to Miami in April, didn't expect to be playing football at this time next year.

"There's not going to be any football," Marshall predicted. "If there's a lockout, I have to find a job. I figure the Nuggets will be a better choice because of the welcome home cheer I'll get -- a couple of boos at first. I'm gonna get with a basketball coach and get to work, prepare for the lockout."

News of Marshall's plans surprised the Dolphins, but didn't worry them either. Told about Marshall's lockout gameplan, Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said, "I've seen him jump -- he's not playing basketball."

Marshall insists otherwise. He has spoken to his agent about it and intends to follow through on it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5459355&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5459355

Drachen
08-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Not if there is an NBA lock out.

CRAP &^%$$&*%^$ %*^&%*!!!!!!
I just realized there could be no Football AND Basketball next year. The Longhorns better be freakin great next year, or I am going to be very grumpy.

DeadlyDynasty
08-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Marshall is a me-first douchebag, so Denver or Miami would be perfect for him

fevertrees
08-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Brandon Marshall is NOTHING but a poor man's T.O.

fevertrees
08-12-2010, 09:58 PM
vUULSDjVYIc

PGDynasty24
08-12-2010, 10:18 PM
As a Broncos fan even though I miss B-Marsh. I can tell you he is nothing close to the diva that T.O. is. All the players on the team always loved him,never got into any heat with Cutler or Orton. His only beef here was his contract that they never gave him,all he wanted to do was get payed. And I wish him all the best in Miami

La Mont
08-12-2010, 10:42 PM
hmm... man, I think there is no impervious lockout only if the player is great enough, like Mic Jordan.

Dunc n Dave
08-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Great, this is gonna be another Master P tries out for the Hornets and gets cut in training camp stories....

alamo50
08-13-2010, 06:33 AM
CRAP &^%$$&*%^$ %*^&%*!!!!!!
I just realized there could be no Football AND Basketball next year.

:wow