PDA

View Full Version : Pistons-Lakers..

HarlemHeat37
08-13-2010, 02:27 AM
I'm curious..what's up with Pistons fans and their love for the Lakers?..

There are a few here, 2 in particular, that are massive Laker/Kobe homers..even looking at other NBA forums, I see that there are many Pistons fans that are very fond of the Lakers..

Where does it come from?..

Quit Hatin'
08-13-2010, 02:32 AM
Not everyone is a laker/kobe hater like you faggot.

Quit Hatin'

DeadlyDynasty
08-13-2010, 02:35 AM

There are a few here, 2 in particular, that are massive Laker/Kobe homers..even looking at other NBA forums, I see that there are many Pistons fans that are very fond of the Lakers..

Mutual respect for teams/players that have actually won titles. Much like the respect given to Duncan and the Spurs.

PGDynasty24
08-13-2010, 02:40 AM
Is every thread you have Kobe related,I mean honestly get laid bro...Were you dating Katelyn Faber b4 Kobe went train on her. Like seriously? Get a life...

TheManFromAcme
08-13-2010, 06:06 AM
Are you serious Harlem?

You, "Mr. I live and breath Miami Heat and all things Lebron but still love my Spurs".

mystargtr34
08-13-2010, 07:16 AM
Laker fan out in full force lol

Pistons < Spurs
08-13-2010, 07:20 AM
I've always been a big Kobe fan, but not so much of the team itself. I respect the Lakers and what they've been able to do, but that's about it.

Killakobe81
08-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Mutual respect for teams/players that have actually won titles. Much like the respect given to Duncan and the Spurs.

Except maybe the (bad boy pistons) ... Class organiztion that wins ...

Joe D and Duncan are two of my favorite non lakers (along with Nique, Hakeem, Dwill Durant Kemp GP and Bernard King)

Spurs Duncan manu and Pop much respect as well ...

DAF86
08-13-2010, 09:12 AM
'Cause he let them won in '04.

DazedAndConfused
08-13-2010, 09:31 AM
HarlemHeat = MiamiHeat = ChrisRichards

JamStone
08-13-2010, 09:35 AM
My two favorite players growing up were Isiah Thomas and Magic Johnson. When the Pistons didn't play the Lakers, I rooted for the Lakers as my "B" team.

Then in the summer of 2000, I moved to Los Angeles right as the Shaq-Kobe Lakers started their three-peat. Lived in SoCal for two years during those first two runs. But I liked Kobe before that as well. The only non-Nike basketball shoes I've ever bought were the Adidas Kobe 2.

Hope that helps out with your obsession.

ambchang
08-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Also because the Cavs were a hated rival of the Pistons, with Queen James irking every single Pistons fan.

Queen James vs. Kobme has been an ongoing argument for the last few years, so naturally, Pistons fans will choose Kobme.

JamStone
08-13-2010, 10:55 AM
I like LeBron. Not my favorite player in the world, but I don't have a problem with him. He's not a reason I like the Lakers. I don't think he'd be a reason to like Kobe or the Lakers. I make fun of Kobe as much as LeBron, maybe more. Kobe has a lot cooler things to make fun of with the whole "rape" thing to "Kobe, tell me how my ass tastes."

Don't see it as a means to "hate LeBron."

Killakobe81
08-13-2010, 11:00 AM
i love the broad strokes painted on here ...
Pistons fans like Kobe because Lebron beat them a few years back ...nice story. The argument rages because Lebron hasn't won yet. Lebron rings the pro-Kobe will grow quieter and smaller here.

He has elite help, there is no more excuses left just ring.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
08-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Nothing to see here except HH37 (Look at me! I'm an all second team SpursTalk poster! Let me make sure I remind you of that again! And Again!) making the same retarded threads he's supposed to make.

Dude, you're bright enough to know the answer. Some people like both, some people like neither. Some people like one and not the other. Plenty of people came over to the Kobe bandwagon when LeGone left the Cavs in the lurch. If Kobe messes up again, Durant will be the new idol.

baseline bum
08-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Um, they're in opposite conferences. Not too hard to figure out. Same way Spurs fans cheered for the Pistons, Celtics, and Heat when they were going against our rivals in LA and Dallas.

cesare borgia
08-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Nothing to see here except HH37 (Look at me! I'm an all second team SpursTalk poster! Let me make sure I remind you of that again! And Again!) making the same retarded threads he's supposed to make.

Dude, you're bright enough to know the answer. Some people like both, some people like neither. Some people like one and not the other. Plenty of people came over to the Kobe bandwagon when LeGone left the Cavs in the lurch. If Kobe messes up again, Durant will be the new idol.

I like your Biyotch List:bking:downspin:

Darrin
08-13-2010, 05:32 PM
I like Kobe Bryant's game. I like that he's become a different player, a better player. It shows his hard-work and he's just a joy to watch. I like him. There's no hatred toward Lebron, as a matter of fact, I've been one of the strongest supporters of him since he moved to Miami because the attacks have been personal, unfair, and could likely put his life in jeopardy.

If any haterade caused me to like the Lakers, it's Steve Nash. That man steps onto the Finals stage or wins a Championship and he'll be mentioned in the same sentence as Magic Johnson. I was aware of that in 2005-06, and the fact that Boris Diaw was eliminating the need for a center. I cheered for the Lakers to make the second round. I was easier on the team after that.

After they acquired Pau Gasol, they started to pass and run. It was fantastic to watch. I just fell for them after that. I still cheered for the Celtics in the Finals because KG without a ring is more offensive to a career resume than Pau without a ring.

I just like basketball and teams that play it well get my respect. There's no pattern of behavior.

Laimbeer Man of War
08-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Since we're on the subject of Lakers/Pistons I thought this would be interesting to throw in.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/08/13/johnson.pistons/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Cane
08-13-2010, 05:50 PM

Eternal gratitude for the 2004 :lobt:

HarlemHeat37
08-13-2010, 05:53 PM
I figured the 2004 title had a lot to do with it..

Where does Detroit rank in yearly rapes in America, btw?..it's a dirty shit hole anyways, so I assume it's pretty high, so again, that could have a part in their love for the Lakers..

JamStone
08-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Fair and balanced question.

Perhaps it is the fact that most Detroit black men fantasize about forcibly sticking their penises in the asses of teenage white girls.

Go Lakers!

milkshakeballa
08-13-2010, 11:12 PM

Where does Detroit rank in yearly rapes in America, btw?..it's a dirty shit hole anyways, so I assume it's pretty high, so again, that could have a part in their love for the Lakers..

http://i43.tinypic.com/33ax72x.jpg

Vinnie_Johnson
08-14-2010, 12:00 AM
I don't like The Lakers or Kobe sure I think he is great but don't like him. We have faced the Lakers three times in the finals were 2-1 and the one they got was a bad call on Laimbeer that killed us. Again they have had great teams I just don't like them.

Vinnie_Johnson
08-14-2010, 12:01 AM

And you are from where?:lmao