PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Laura said the N word on air(audio in link)

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
08-13-2010, 07:05 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/12/dr-lauras-n-word-rant-rad_n_680680.html
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/192233/thumbs/s-DR-LAURA-large.jpg

Black guys use it all the time. Turn on HBO and listen to a black comic, and all you hear is n****, n*****, n*****. I don't get it. If anybody without enough melanin says it, it's a horrible thing. But when black people say it, it's affectionate. It's very confusing.

CALLER: Is it OK to say that word? Is it ever OK to say that word?
DR. LAURA: It depends how it's said. Black guys talking to each other seem to think it's ok.
CALLER: But you're not black, they're not black, my husband is white.
DR. LAURA: Oh, I see, so a word is restricted to race. Got it. Can't do much about that.
CALLER: I can't believe someone like you is on the radio spewing out the n***** word, and I hope everybody heard it.
DR. LAURA: I didn't spew out the n***** word!
CALLER: You said "n*****, n*****, n*****" and I hope everybody heard it.
DR. LAURA: Yes they did, and I'll say it again: n*****, n*****, n***** is what you hear on HBO.
[Crosstalk]
DR. LAURA: Why don't you let me finish a sentence? Don't take things out of context. Don't NAACP me, leave them in context.

lebomb
08-13-2010, 07:10 AM
Sadly Dr. Laura is right...............she didnt say anything wrong at all. She was just stating the truth. Blacks say the N word constantly on HBO and in rap songs/videos. *shrugs* :wakeup

That lady was just trying to twist the context of how Dr. Laura said Ni@@a.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-13-2010, 07:23 AM
She's completely right. People need to stop acting offended for stupid shit like this. It minimizes the severity of REAL racism by making a big deal out of nothing.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Please don't tease al sharpton with possibly being employed again.

And for a side haha: As I typed "sharpton" on my phone, just now to write this post, my phone thought it was a misspelling. It was corrected to "harpoon". :lmao

tp2021
08-13-2010, 08:51 AM
She's completely right. People need to stop acting offended for stupid shit like this. It minimizes the severity of REAL racism by making a big deal out of nothing.

[/thread]

DAF86
08-13-2010, 09:08 AM
######.

I'm such a badass.

Al Sharpton
08-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Please don't tease al sharpton with possibly being employed again.

And for a side haha: As I typed "sharpton" on my phone, just now to write this post, my phone thought it was a misspelling. It was corrected to "harpoon". :lmao

I'm all over this bitch.

fraga
08-13-2010, 10:13 AM
I say at least 12 times a day...

panic giraffe
08-13-2010, 11:27 AM
I hope she gets fired and then has to announce that she's leaving Judaism for Islam to try to make brownie points.

everyone wants to be a nigga, no one wants to be a ######. this crazy lady is either really ignorant to that fact, or just plain racist.

FalleNxWiZarDx
08-13-2010, 11:30 AM
shes just trying to get raitings.... she wont get fired

Don Imus
08-13-2010, 11:44 AM
shes just trying to get raitings.... she wont get fired

For her sake I hope you are right.

lebomb
08-13-2010, 11:48 AM

I say it every hour ...........round the clock.

Frenzy
08-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Get over it.

Fillmoe
08-13-2010, 12:45 PM
shut up ######

LoneStarState'sPride
08-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Absolutely NOTHING wrong with how Dr. Laura used the word. I don't use it myself, but I don't get offended when I hear a black person call me "his nigga," so why the hell would it matter if it come from white lips? I get so sick and tired of my fellow black Americans adhering to this double standard--like Manumaniac said, it obfuscates the severity of legitimate racism.

Oh, and Sharpton can't shut the hell up fast enough for me.

Cry Havoc
08-13-2010, 01:02 PM

This.

MannyIsGod
08-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Nigga and ###### are different. Too bad she's too stupid to figure that out - not that I think she should be fired or anything.

I don't know why she's so worried about black people having their own words anyway.

rjv
08-13-2010, 01:12 PM
all i know is she's one ugly cracker.

Stringer_Bell
08-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Holy shit, I don't give a fuck how many of you lazy ######s think it's cool to say "nigga" but for fuck's sake Dr. Laura is a horrible "counselor" and "advice provider." She cut the woman off before she was done explaining her story, then when the woman tried to get a point in she says "Let me finish, can I finish my thought?" What a dumb cunt, get her old dried out ass off the airwaves please!

LoneStarState'sPride
08-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Holy shit, I don't give a fuck how many of you lazy ######s think it's cool to say "nigga" but for fuck's sake Dr. Laura is a horrible "counselor" and "advice provider." She cut the woman off before she was done explaining her story, then when the woman tried to get a point in she says "Let me finish, can I finish my thought?" What a dumb cunt, get her old dried out ass off the airwaves please!

First off, it's HER show, so she can control the mic how she sees fit. Any caller worth their salt knows that going in on any talk show.

Second, the caller was cutting her off just as much as Dr. Laura was her, and being borderline provocative in so doing. "I hope everybody heard it"? Seriously? She's the one who said "######" first, then wants to act all flabbergasted when Dr. Laura takes it and runs with it? Fucking asinine.

I don't give a fuck about Dr. Laura one way or another, but all this goddamn drama about the n-word is ludicrous in 2010.

CubanSucks
08-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Don't know who the hell she is but she's most definitely right

Chomag
08-13-2010, 02:38 PM
If only everyone would just relax and lighten up more.

MannyIsGod
08-13-2010, 02:48 PM
First off, it's HER show, so she can control the mic how she sees fit. Any caller worth their salt knows that going in on any talk show.

Second, the caller was cutting her off just as much as Dr. Laura was her, and being borderline provocative in so doing. "I hope everybody heard it"? Seriously? She's the one who said "######" first, then wants to act all flabbergasted when Dr. Laura takes it and runs with it? Fucking asinine.

I don't give a fuck about Dr. Laura one way or another, but all this goddamn drama about the n-word is ludicrous in 2010.

He didn't say she couldn't do it. You missed the point. He said she was horrible at what she does.

He's right.

Chomag
08-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Also to the Op. Man, it must be hard for you to be worrying about racism 24/7

Try doing something else, it might be fun.

MannyIsGod
08-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Oh and lol at the backtrack by Dr. Laura in order to save either sponsors or her job or both.

She apologized the next day, opening her show with an apology.
"Yesterday, I did the wrong thing," she said. "I didn't intend to hurt people, but I did. And that makes it the wrong thing to have done. I was attempting to make a philosophical point, and I articulated the "n" word all the way out - more than one time. And that was wrong. I'll say it again - that was wrong."
Schlessinger said she "was so upset [she] could not finish the show."
"I pulled myself off the air at the end of the hour," she said. "I had to finish the hour, because 20 minutes of dead air doesn't work. I am very sorry. And it just won't happen again.

Dark Gable
08-13-2010, 02:54 PM
There are some issues one shouldn't have to lighten up on and the use of that word is one of them. I hate it when brothers use it too. Ignorant as hell.

Stringer_Bell
08-13-2010, 02:55 PM

I don't give a fuck about either issue. The only reason I'm posting again in this thread is because it doesn't seem like anyone bothered to listen to the black woman's story. She is married to a white man. It is a bi-racial relationship. Dr. Laura asked for two examples, and the woman didn't even get a chance to finish talking before Dr. Laura assumed it was because the woman was being "over-sensitive." That's piss poor on the hosts part, and yes I agree that the caller should have known (must have known) what a dumb bitch was running the show. But still, Dr. Laura is a dumb bitch. I love IMUS by the way, I would watch him all the time when he was on MSNBC in the morning.

The truth is, we're all ######s. The problem is when people think it's got something to do with color and push the issue with people of color. That's not cool, or cute, or funny. I don't think anyone would appreciate his/her spouse (who is of a being of a different color) not defending you when "family friends" make clearly suggestive (sometimes blatant) comments regarding race. There's nothing wrong with racial humor, but people know how to push buttons and one of these days they'll get shit on for talking at the wrong place at the wrong time.

MannyIsGod
08-13-2010, 02:56 PM
And lets not act like the word just popped up and people have never used it before. I'm pretty sure those dudes that dragged a black man in Jerrel weren't calling him by his first name.

tp2021
08-13-2010, 02:57 PM
blah blah blah blah

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2604/beyoncebootyld3.gif

What an excellent poster.

ploto
08-13-2010, 02:58 PM
In order to discuss the use of the word, she does not have to say it herself repeatedly.

I do not like that so many young men use the F-word in public and in front of their mothers and grandmothers ... In discussing this issue, I do not have to say F%$# F$%# F#$% like she did with the N-word.

rjv
08-13-2010, 03:00 PM
In order to discuss the use of the word, she does not have to say it herself repeatedly.

I do not like that so many young men use the F-word in public and in front of their mothers and grandmothers ... In discussing this issue, I do not have to say F%$# F$%# F#$% like she did with the N-word.

well put.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-13-2010, 03:03 PM
And lets not act like the word just popped up and people have never used it before. I'm pretty sure those dudes that dragged a black man in Jerrel weren't calling him by his first name.

What the hell does that have to do with it? Context means everything here. People need to quit acting butthurt about a fucking word when it is used in the context this Dr. Laura woman used. ###### in and of itself shouldn't mean shit and certainly shouldn't be able to 'cause this fucking circus.

Chomag
08-13-2010, 03:20 PM

This I agree. With so many it's becoming common to say the F-word in every sentence. Not much you can do about it realy but it is fustraiting to hear it used so much.

rjv
08-13-2010, 03:25 PM
no one is really going to be right on this. those who believe it has to be placed in context certainly think or assume that this cracker meant no harm in her chosen language and was merely being demonstrative to prove her point. but this is assuming that she was not being deliberately provocative and inflammatory in order to demonstrate that point. in other words, the question is was she having fun with the word in order to illustrate a point? only she really knows that.

then again, one could question whether or not this honky broke the unwritten rules of etiquette.

MannyIsGod
08-13-2010, 03:30 PM
What the hell does that have to do with it? Context means everything here. People need to quit acting butthurt about a fucking word when it is used in the context this Dr. Laura woman used. ###### in and of itself shouldn't mean shit and certainly shouldn't be able to 'cause this fucking circus.

Dr. Laura is the one that is butt hurt that her using it isn't socially acceptable. There's a reason why its not socially acceptable and I just gave you an example of one of those reasons.

MannyIsGod
08-13-2010, 03:39 PM
For the record I couldn't care less what people choose to say but she is ridiculous to think that there's not a reason why black people generally don't like white people saying the n word.

clambake
08-13-2010, 03:46 PM
and why is it so important for her to "get it"?

MannyIsGod
08-13-2010, 03:55 PM
and why is it so important for her to "get it"?

In the grand scheme of things its not. But if you want to be in public relations of some sort or in the public eye then in most cases its smart to be aware of these issues and just steer clear. There's a reason she came out today and apologized like crazy.

When you have an entire social group who doesn't like something you can either accept that or you can pull your righteous stick out and try to bash them over the head with it. You're not likely to convert anyone, but hey at least you can feel completely righteous afterward.

CubanSucks
08-13-2010, 04:32 PM
no one is really going to be right on this. those who believe it has to be placed in context certainly think or assume that this cracker meant no harm in her chosen language and was merely being demonstrative to prove her point. but this is assuming that she was not being deliberately provocative and inflammatory in order to demonstrate that point. in other words, the question is was she having fun with the word in order to illustrate a point? only she really knows that.

then again, one could question whether or not this honky broke the unwritten rules of etiquette.

?

rjv
08-13-2010, 04:38 PM
?

??

Das Texan
08-13-2010, 04:42 PM
She should get the Imus treatment.

LoneStarState'sPride
08-13-2010, 04:45 PM
I don't give a fuck about either issue. The only reason I'm posting again in this thread is because it doesn't seem like anyone bothered to listen to the black woman's story. She is married to a white man. It is a bi-racial relationship. Dr. Laura asked for two examples, and the woman didn't even get a chance to finish talking before Dr. Laura assumed it was because the woman was being "over-sensitive." That's piss poor on the hosts part, and yes I agree that the caller should have known (must have known) what a dumb bitch was running the show. But still, Dr. Laura is a dumb bitch. I love IMUS by the way, I would watch him all the time when he was on MSNBC in the morning.

The truth is, we're all ######s. The problem is when people think it's got something to do with color and push the issue with people of color. That's not cool, or cute, or funny. I don't think anyone would appreciate his/her spouse (who is of a being of a different color) not defending you when "family friends" make clearly suggestive (sometimes blatant) comments regarding race. There's nothing wrong with racial humor, but people know how to push buttons and one of these days they'll get shit on for talking at the wrong place at the wrong time.

As a black man in a bi-racial relationship, I agree wholeheartedly with you, Stringer. And for the record, I don't condone the way Dr. Laura handled it, either--I really was hoping to hear the caller's full story.

PM5K
08-13-2010, 05:11 PM
What you are saying is alright if you can say it to the face of the people you are saying it about.

JoeChalupa
08-13-2010, 05:25 PM
As a Hispanic man married to a black woman I know that word is not spoken in our house and I've even had to tell my own family members not to use that word as they've said, "come on niggah", and yes, they say it in a joking manner but I have made it clear that while I am around I won't tolerate it.

And yeah I can understand those who say "lighten up" and we need to get over it in 2010 but when there is a history of racial hatred and abuse in your family it isn't easy to get over it.

Wild Cobra
08-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Then you need to improve your vocabulary.

Wild Cobra
08-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Nigga and ###### are different. Too bad she's too stupid to figure that out - not that I think she should be fired or anything.

I don't know why she's so worried about black people having their own words anyway.
Why do black people want their own words, but then be treated the same as others in all other matters?

That is racist thinking they are superior to do more than others, isn't it?

LoneStarState'sPride
08-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Why do black people want their own words, but then be treated the same as others in all other matters?

First of all, at least three different black guys in this thread alone have said they don't use the n-word, and it was never said in my family's house growing up nor those of my black friends, so fail for over-generalization.

Second, this has NOTHING to do with superiority and everything to do with context. I consider myself a relatively open-minded black man, but it would give even me pause to hear the majority of non-black people throwing that word around in reference to me. Would I get bent out of shape over it? No, but the context would be so much different coming from that perspective.

MannyIsGod
08-13-2010, 06:00 PM

:lol

bigzak25
08-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Al Sharpton is right on this one...NOBODY should be saying the word.

Dr. Laura has a valid argument though (even if it is a misguided one), because anyone that is speaking up against her using it, better darn well be speaking up against anyone in the rap industry using it.

Otherwise, they are hypocrites and need to just be quiet.

You cannot say something is okay for one race to do, but not another race to do.

If you believe that, then your thinking is as racist as the originators of the word.

fraga
08-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Then you need to improve your vocabulary.

You don't be knowing me...I don't need to be improving nuttin...

monosylab1k
08-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Dr. Laura using the word wasn't the problem, it was her being a cunt to the caller and displaying the new, trendy, and retarded as fuck "poor oppressed white people" attitude we see all the time. That made her dropping n-bombs look even worse.

Then again, Dr. Laura is a cunt to every caller so what's new. I love hearing when people prank call that bitch.

Wild Cobra
08-13-2010, 09:16 PM
You cannot say something is okay for one race to do, but not another race to do.

If you believe that, then your thinking is as racist as the originators of the word.
Damn strait!

Wild Cobra
08-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Dr. Laura using the word wasn't the problem, it was her being a cunt to the caller and displaying the new, trendy, and retarded as fuck "poor oppressed white people" attitude we see all the time. That made her dropping n-bombs look even worse.

Then again, Dr. Laura is a cunt to every caller so what's new. I love hearing when people prank call that bitch.
Sorry you didn't understand what she was doing. Your loss.

Spursfan092120
08-13-2010, 09:22 PM
I don't think anyone would appreciate his/her spouse (who is of a being of a different color) not defending you when "family friends" make clearly suggestive (sometimes blatant) comments regarding race.
This..exactly this. He should have defended her...no matter what. And in my opinion, Dr. Laura had it wrong...black people don't say n****r affectionately...they say n***a affectionately...big difference.

4>0rings
08-13-2010, 09:27 PM
It's not that black people don't like white people using it, black people just don't like white people period, that's why.

CuckingFunt
08-13-2010, 09:49 PM

Whether or not the word should mean anything, it does.

Regardless of context, an adult woman who makes a living talking on the radio, however poor she is at her job, should have known better.

Wild Cobra
08-13-2010, 09:54 PM
It's not that black people don't like white people using it, black people just don't like white people period, that's why.
It seems to come to that.

Every time I turn around, I see them with racist attitudes, then blaming the white man for their problems.

I'll just call them stupid racists asses. Not ######.

Wild Cobra
08-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Whether or not the word should mean anything, it does.

Regardless of context, an adult woman who makes a living talking on the radio, however poor she is at her job, should have known better.
I take it you didn't listen to the audio, jut read the edited transcript.

Am I right?

monosylab1k
08-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Sorry you didn't understand what she was doing.

I know exactly what she was doing. Being a controversial cunt for the sake of ratings. What did you think she was doing?

CuckingFunt
08-13-2010, 10:05 PM
I take it you didn't listen to the audio, jut read the edited transcript.

Am I right?

What would that have to do with my comment? I specifically took context out of the equation and addressed only the fact that saying the n-word on the air, especially as a white woman, is a dumb fucking thing to do and that if she didn't see the uproar coming she's a complete idiot. Well... even more of one than has already been confirmed in year years as a radio host.

But, actually, yes, I did listen to the audio.

CuckingFunt
08-13-2010, 10:06 PM
It seems to come to that.

Every time I turn around, I see them with racist attitudes, then blaming the white man for their problems.

I'll just call them stupid racists asses. Not ######.

Them, huh?

MannyIsGod
08-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Why not just say "you people" when dealing with them?

Will Hunting
08-13-2010, 10:11 PM
them naggers make me sick!

Spursfan092120
08-13-2010, 10:53 PM
_J5UXwHD2YY

Darrin
08-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Sadly Dr. Laura is right...............she didnt say anything wrong at all. She was just stating the truth. Blacks say the N word constantly on HBO and in rap songs/videos. *shrugs*

That lady was just trying to twist the context of how Dr. Laura said Ni@@a.

:bang:bang

Why touch the word? If you don't wish to offend and it's offensive, then why say it? If it's not worth anything, a stupid fight, then why have it?

The N-Word should not be said. It is left over from slavery and I don't care what ethnicity you are. It degrades the person it is used towards, no matter the intention.

For instance, if I said "My Pedophile, how are you today?" No matter how it is said, it's offensive. I just accused you of having sex with children. It is a sign of a lack of education of where the word came from.

CubanSucks
08-14-2010, 02:45 AM
The argument of "######" and "niggA" is so played out. Just because your cohorts accent make it sound different doesn't make it a different word. Lame excuse. If I pronounced the word NEEGER does that make it a different word?

FortuneCookie
08-14-2010, 02:52 AM
No one can walk backwards into the future.

Lucky Numbers: 11, 14, 28, 31, 35, 56

RoddyBukkake
08-14-2010, 02:56 AM
http://www.slapyo.com/wp-content/thats_racist.gif

Trainwreck2100
08-14-2010, 02:56 AM
:bang:bang

Why touch the word? If you don't wish to offend and it's offensive, then why say it? If it's not worth anything, a stupid fight, then why have it?

The N-Word should not be said. It is left over from slavery and I don't care what ethnicity you are. It degrades the person it is used towards, no matter the intention.

For instance, if I said "My Pedophile, how are you today?" No matter how it is said, it's offensive. I just accused you of having sex with children. It is a sign of a lack of education of where the word came from.

Fuck that shit, Imma use any word i want to and i'm not gonna let the n word die, cause the minute that goes then the homos will go after faggot.

Sisk
08-14-2010, 04:01 PM

:lmao

Wild Cobra
08-14-2010, 10:58 PM

Bottom line, talking about the word usage is not the same as actually using it in a remark about someone.

Context matters. Anyone not realizing the difference is real ignorant in my view.

To me, saying "the n word" is more offensive than just saying "######". It's a political correct insult to my intelligence. Maybe she feels the same way.

Cyrano
08-14-2010, 11:11 PM
For the record, she is not the only one.....

x4ByXqyCXRw

BRHornet45
08-14-2010, 11:43 PM
"now is the time to use the n-word!"

vilxHFJfgOc

Stringer_Bell
08-15-2010, 04:22 AM
For the record, she is not the only one.....

x4ByXqyCXRw

Isn't that from his book? Yea, I think it is. It might help to put some context before some less competent posters go all crazy over it :p:

Cyrano
08-15-2010, 11:52 AM
I see. If Dr. Laura says it, context doesn't matter. If Obama says it, it's vitally important to know the context. Kinda makes Laura's point, don't ya think?

Stringer_Bell
08-15-2010, 12:25 PM
I see. If Dr. Laura says it, context doesn't matter. If Obama says it, it's vitally important to know the context. Kinda makes Laura's point, don't ya think?

It's from an audiobook, dawg, relax. Your attempt to highlight some kind of hypocrisy has not diminished my desire for Dr. Laura to kiss my asshole for being a shitty radio host trying to make an ill-conceived point. No need to defend her, she backtracked a few days ago. :king

monosylab1k
08-15-2010, 12:28 PM

What was her point exactly? The way I see it, her point was "If I can say some controversial shit, people will be talking about me and my pathetic radio show again. And what's more controversial than the word ######?"

She was probably foaming at the mouth the second she knew a black lady wanting to discuss racial issues called in.

Cyrano
08-15-2010, 01:11 PM
To be honest, I don't care for Dr. Laura. You're right, she jumped on the controversy that would ensue from her use of the word.
the way I see it, it's a sad thing that one can draw a huge amount of attention to one's self by displaying ignorance in public.
It's a word, for crying out loud. It has no power in and of itself. It can only offend you if you choose to be offended.
Of course, using it is either a bid for attention or an attempt to degrade. Dr. Laura found a third way to use it....a surefire ratings boost.

bigzak25
08-15-2010, 01:21 PM
The truly bottomline here is that if you use the word as part of your regular vocabulary, you are indeed a racist.

No matter what race you are.

Jacob1983
08-20-2010, 01:48 AM
Dr. Laura was right but we live in a world where everything we say is scrutinized and judged. People can bitch and moan about the n word all they want but they know that what Dr. Laura said was right. It's a double standard. This whole policing of words needs to stop. The n word either needs be banned completely or not at all. That means that if it's banned, no one can say it. If it's not banned then anyone can say it. Dr. Laura shouldn't have said the n word because people love to bash, trash, and judge a person when that word is said. Those people that do the judging and bashing should look in the mirror. Everyone has said something offensive and/or racist at point in their lifetime. No one is perfect either.

Sarah Palin
08-20-2010, 01:58 AM
Dr. Laura was right but we live in a world where everything we say is scrutinized and judged. People can bitch and moan about the n word all they want but they know that what Dr. Laura said was right. It's a double standard. This whole policing of words needs to stop. The n word either needs be banned completely or not at all. That means that if it's banned, no one can say it. If it's not banned then anyone can say it. Dr. Laura shouldn't have said the n word because people love to bash, trash, and judge a person when that word is said. Those people that do the judging and bashing should look in the mirror. Everyone has said something offensive and/or racist at point in their lifetime. No one is perfect either.

You betcha!!

EricB
08-20-2010, 02:31 AM
Maybe she could've said that a black person was articulate, she could've became vice president!!!!

Sarah Palin
08-20-2010, 02:36 AM
Maybe she could've said that a black person was articulate, she could've became vice president!!!!

Maybe if I were more articulate I could have been VP!!!

BRHornet45
08-20-2010, 03:21 AM
God is sick of black people sons

mingus
08-20-2010, 04:46 AM
i agree with Laura. she didn't have to say it like she did though. the word is divisive no matter who uses it.

Goran Dragic
08-20-2010, 08:09 AM
lol 25 year old virgin

Spurminator
08-20-2010, 08:22 AM
I have a dream that one day white people and black people alike will finally be free to say the n-word without fear of backlash. I feel so censored having to hold my tongue whenever I want to say "n*****," which is often because it flows so well with the rest of my everyday vocabulary.

Whisky Dog
08-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Pathetic

TD 21
08-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Why are so many white people so concerned, outraged and seemingly jealous that some black people say this word to each other, but don't approve of people who are not black using it? I've never understood this.

How about letting it be what it is? How about not questioning it or pretending that you should have a say in it and just accepting it? It doesn't have to make sense to you, you don't have to like it, but you shouldn't go around using the word just because some black people do. If they're not offended saying it to one another but they are by someone who's not black saying it, then shouldn't that be reason enough not to use it?

Why are blacks seemingly the only race where it's okay for so many to not be politically correct? Take this board for example. I've seen people use the word fag and a bunch of people call them on it and make a big deal of it, yet oodles of people use the n word and no one says a damn thing.

Jacob1983
08-21-2010, 03:08 AM
White people don't really care about it that much. I think they just don't want to hear people bitch when certain words are said such as the n-word and fag. When Imus had his nappy headed hoe incident, people treated him like he killed and raped someone. The same could be said for Isaiah Washingtion when he called T.R Knight a fag. People wanted to have Washington's head on a stick. People say stupid things all the time. Why is it so shocking and a crime when someone does it? This shit has been going since Adam and Eve. And then there is all the hypocrisy too with people pointing fingers and judging too. Take a look in the mirror, everyone has had a dumbass moment and/or said something in public that was offensive and/or hurtful.

Latarian Milton
08-21-2010, 03:16 AM
White people don't really care about it that much. I think they just don't want to hear people bitch when certain words are said such as the n-word and fag. When Imus had his nappy headed hoe incident, people treated him like he killed and raped someone. The same could be said for Isaiah Washingtion when he called T.R Knight a fag. People wanted to have Washington's head on a stick. People say stupid things all the time. Why is it so shocking and a crime when someone does it? This shit has been going since Adam and Eve. And then there is all the hypocrisy too with people pointing fingers and judging too. Take a look in the mirror, everyone has had a dumbass moment and/or said something in public that was offensive and/or hurtful.
U don't know how whites think though. You ain't white and the N-word hurts you exactly as much as blacks. there's been no special word for your race because "white people don't really care about your race that much", which doesn't suggest anything like respectability etc....

I'm the most famous person under 10yrs of age and I'm black. There are millions of other kids my age living in this country but none is nearly as formidable as me. I'm black but i feel no prejudice. I never feels it an offense when someone calls the N-word greeting me. the N-word has been thoroughly leached and is no longer an insulting word like its origin.

Wild Cobra
08-21-2010, 11:54 PM
U don't know how whites think though. You ain't white and the N-word hurts you exactly as much as blacks. there's been no special word for your race because "white people don't really care about your race that much", which doesn't suggest anything like respectability etc....

I'm the most famous person under 10yrs of age and I'm black. There are millions of other kids my age living in this country but none is nearly as formidable as me. I'm black but i feel no prejudice. I never feels it an offense when someone calls the N-word greeting me. the N-word has been thoroughly leached and is no longer an insulting word like its origin.
It has to do with the "do as I say, not as I do" attitude.