PDA

View Full Version : Just HOW good are these Lakers?

milkshakeballa
08-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Just how good are these Lakers?

Their 6th man...Lamar Odom...is the starting center for team USA.

I think that sums it up.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

TheMACHINE
08-13-2010, 04:12 PM
83-0

picc84
08-13-2010, 05:07 PM
After US wins the worlds and we threepeat next year, Lamar will have won 4 straight championships. :wow :hat

Nathan89
08-13-2010, 05:20 PM

I think that sums it up.

This comment tells me:

1. Kobe is overrated
2. Phil Jackson is overrated

How can you only win by three in a game 7 with that much talent against a Celtics team that is old and injured.

Thanks for finally admitting Kobe is overrated. I bet you didn't realize that when you were try to gloat about how talented the lakers are.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
08-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Lakers are good enough to win a title or two before Kobe is done. Is that the answer you want?

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Tyson Chandler is the starting center for team USA dummy.

Pelicans78
08-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Lakers are still the best team overall. They will be very strong defensively and in the half court.

Pelicans78
08-13-2010, 05:41 PM

Yet he won't even start for the Mavs.

Actually, I'm a big Chandler guy. If healthy, he can really help a team's defense and also be very effective at setting screens. I wish he was still a Hornet instead of Jokafor.

DPG21920
08-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Why do we need this thread and more LA fans looking for acceptance? The Lakers are sick. They have just won 2 titles. This thread is pointless.

HarlemHeat37
08-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Why do we need this thread and more LA fans looking for acceptance? The Lakers are sick. They have just won 2 titles. This thread is pointless.

+1..

Why are Laker fans always looking for somebody to talk about how good their team is?..

Texas_Ranger
08-13-2010, 05:58 PM
lol @ Lamar Odom with the national team.

Cane
08-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Damn thats a lot of miles for Lamar these past few years. About time for some of that to start catching up like it has been for 6-24 :stirpot:

Koolaid_Man
08-13-2010, 06:19 PM
+1..

Why are Laker fans always looking for somebody to talk about how good their team is?..

You ever fuck a bitch ( silly me why am I asking a gay this question) anyhow it's like a bitch constantly asking to get fucked and talking about how good dick is...and me happily obliging her

The Batman
08-13-2010, 06:43 PM
+1..

It's like a hot female has to be told she's hot 3000 times a day, or else she just might die of an overload of insecurity

The Batman
08-13-2010, 06:45 PM
You ever fuck a bitch ( silly me why am I asking a gay this question) anyhow it's like a bitch constantly asking to get fucked and talking about how good dick is...and me happily obliging her

It's too bad you only sex lakaluva, but I guess he is bitch huh?.

Koolaid_Man
08-13-2010, 07:39 PM

I think that sums it up.

LA - Where Championships Are Won With Four Fingers

Sisk
08-13-2010, 08:05 PM
They will break the single-season win record. And I think they have a legit shot at the Lakers' 33-game winning streak ('71-72), as well. And no one has even a remote shot at beating them in a playoff series. They will never lose two games in a row this year.

picc84
08-13-2010, 08:19 PM
The most stacked team ever assembled....but not good enough to beat the mid-decade Spurs.

DeadlyDynasty
08-13-2010, 08:20 PM
They will break the single-season win record. And I think they have a legit shot at the Lakers' 33-game winning streak ('71-72), as well. And no one has even a remote shot at beating them in a playoff series. They will never lose two games in a row this year.
The Lakers are too lazy and disinterested to challenge that record...I wish it weren't the case, but this team loses focus in the regular season

Sisk
08-13-2010, 08:21 PM
The Lakers are too lazy and disinterested to challenge that record...I wish it weren't the case, but this team loses focus in the regular season

http://enquirer.com/editions/2001/12/09/vangundy_zoom.jpg

Sisk
08-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Also, DD, my favorite is the fifth from the left.

DeadlyDynasty
08-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Also, DD, my favorite is the fifth from the left.
Usually people say the 4th from the left:lol

and to your other post, I don't think Van Gundy's comments will be enough motivation for them to wanna grind it out. The West is too deep to run off a streak like that

Sisk
08-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Usually people say the 4th from the left:lol

and to your other post, I don't think Van Gundy's comments will be enough motivation for them to wanna grind it out. The West is too deep to run off a streak like that

I like brunettes tbh.

And JVG said that about the Heat. I just changed a few words and posted it here.

Darrin
08-13-2010, 08:41 PM
I don't think this particular version of the Lakers is any better than the last three years. I don't think LA has a better shot to win an NBA Championship than they did a year ago. Miami, Chicago, Boston have all re-loaded or re-entered contender status. I think the NBA was in a holding pattern last year and I want to see if Kobe Bryant is the 2009 version or the 2010 version. If he's like he was last season, they will be much easier to beat.

DeadlyDynasty
08-13-2010, 08:45 PM
I like brunettes tbh.

And JVG said that about the Heat. I just changed a few words and posted it here.
I know bro, I thought you were insinuating that the Zen Master would use Van Gundy's comments as motivation for the Lakers to one-up the Heat

Sisk
08-13-2010, 08:52 PM
I know bro, I thought you were insinuating that the Zen Master would use Van Gundy's comments as motivation for the Lakers to one-up the Heat

Touche :toast

HeatChamps
08-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Good enough to get to the finals and lose to the Heat. ;)

milkshakeballa
08-13-2010, 11:04 PM
This comment tells me:

1. Kobe is overrated
2. Phil Jackson is overrated

How can you only win by three in a game 7 with that much talent against a Celtics team that is old and injured.

Thanks for finally admitting Kobe is overrated. I bet you didn't realize that when you were try to gloat about how talented the lakers are.

Damn...I just got owned. :\

YOu are right. Both Phil and Kobe are overrated.

That's why one of them has only been a part of 11 titles in the past 20 years.

Kobe the last 5 titles in past 10 years.

Its those role players that won it for them.

Fucking overrated. Can't believe I got owned this bad in my own thread.

milkshakeballa
08-13-2010, 11:05 PM

Coach K announced it will be LO.

Though I wouldn't be surprised after a game or 2 if it is Tyson...

milkshakeballa
08-13-2010, 11:05 PM
+1..

:king:king:king

milkshakeballa
08-13-2010, 11:06 PM

no chance...

milkshakeballa
08-13-2010, 11:08 PM
I don't think this particular version of the Lakers is any better than the last three years. I don't think LA has a better shot to win an NBA Championship than they did a year ago. Miami, Chicago, Boston have all re-loaded or re-entered contender status. I think the NBA was in a holding pattern last year and I want to see if Kobe Bryant is the 2009 version or the 2010 version. If he's like he was last season, they will be much easier to beat.

Ha. This team ON PAPER is light years ahead of any team assembled since the beginning of the century IMO.

That is including this years Heat team.

Obviously I highly highly doubt it will turn out to be that good. But last years Lakers were nothing "special" though they were the best team.

This team's bench doesn't even compare to the past 2 years.

We will all see how it unfolds.

milkshakeballa
08-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Good enough to get to the finals and lose to the Heat. ;)

I will be EXTREMELY disappointed if the Heat do not make the finals. I want this series soo bad.

milkshakeballa
08-13-2010, 11:10 PM

http://i37.tinypic.com/30sy9hv.gif

Nathan89
08-14-2010, 12:52 AM
Damn...I just got owned. :\

YOu are right. Both Phil and Kobe are overrated.

That's why one of them has only been a part of 11 titles in the past 20 years.

Kobe the last 5 titles in past 10 years.

Its those role players that won it for them.

Fucking overrated. Can't believe I got owned this bad in my own thread.

This thread is about how deep and great your team is, so this is the equation of your logic.

Best roleplayers+Best Player Kobe+ Best Coach=3pt win in game 7 vs. a old injured celtics team

In this thread you are gloating that the lakers role players are so good and deep that you have a national team starter as the sixth man. So that part of the equation is a lock. That means that kobe and phil can not possibly be as good as you think they are or else no team would have a chance at beating the lakers.

It sucks when logic hits you in the head.:frying:

milkshakeballa
08-14-2010, 01:00 AM
This thread is about how deep and great your team is, so this is the equation of your logic.

Best roleplayers+Best Player Kobe+ Best Coach=3pt win in game 7 vs. a old injured celtics team

In this thread you are gloating that the lakers role players are so good and deep that you have a national team starter as the sixth man. So that part of the equation is a lock. That means that kobe and phil can not possibly be as good as you think they are or else no team would have a chance at beating the lakers.

It sucks when logic hits you in the head.:frying:

:lol:lol:lol

Well...they won by 4 pts.

milkshakeballa
08-14-2010, 01:01 AM
Lakers are still the best team overall. They will be very strong defensively and in the half court.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__FIaozgXAJA/SnXYz_7ZJLI/AAAAAAAAAAw/A5l5raEaXnM/s1600/FEELS%2BGOOD%2BMAN%2BDOG%2BTEXT.jpg

Nathan89
08-14-2010, 01:22 AM
:lol:lol:lol

Well...they won by 4 pts.

This is a pathetic response by you. This just tells everyone that you know I am right so comment on a one pt. difference like that is a big deal.

This is you:yield. Next time do not respond or just admit that you are wrong and I am right.

milkshakeballa
08-14-2010, 01:24 AM
This is a pathetic response by you. This just tells everyone that you know I am right so comment on a one pt. difference like that is a big deal.

This is you:yield. Next time do not respond or just admit that you are wrong and I am right.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

You are right. I am wrong. I could give a shit if Kobe and Phil are overrated.

They keep on me bringing me :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:: lobt2:.

feelsgoodman.jpg

Nathan89
08-14-2010, 01:42 AM
:rollin:rollin:rollin

You are right. I am wrong. I could give a shit if Kobe and Phil are overrated.

They keep on me bringing me :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:: lobt2:.

feelsgoodman.jpg

I finally get someone to admit the are wrong on the forum. This is no little mistake in facts that someone admits they were wrong about either. This is someone admitting that his favorite player and coach are overrated. This is beyond huge.

Logic prevails. :king

Nathan89
08-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Had to bump this up so everyone could witness a me making milkshakeballa admit he was wrong.

milkshakeballa
08-14-2010, 11:38 PM
Had to bump this up so everyone could witness a me making milkshakeballa admit he was wrong.

Originally Posted by Nathan89 http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4579667#post4579667)

The two teams with the best chance of beating the lakers are the Spurs and Thunder.