PDA

View Full Version : Glen Coffee retired??? Trouble in SF???

Silver&Black
08-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Just heard that 2nd year RB Glen Coffee is retiring. I'm wondering if this is an isolated incident or is there trouble brewing in SF mini-camp. Also, I wouldn't exacly say that Coffee is "retiring"....more like "quitting". How can a rookie "retire"???

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5461927

BUMP
08-13-2010, 07:03 PM
I'll bet you he comes crawling back to some team.

You don't work your whole life and leave college early to be drafted in the 4th round, only to retire in your 2nd season. There's no doubt he's gonna regret this.

kamikazi_player
08-13-2010, 07:34 PM
lol symple

lol coffee

lol crabtree

lol alex smith

lol auburn

lol 49ers

Sisk
08-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Wtf?

IronMexican
08-13-2010, 08:32 PM
I would make an Alabama quittes joke, but I don't want to jinx McClain.

Spursfan092120
08-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Ian Rappaport of the Boston Herald, who's been covering Coffee for 3 years now, Tweeted that he's not surprised he retired, and that he will probably be heading up a ministry soon..that he has a higher calling.

Hooks
08-13-2010, 11:57 PM
lol Religion

Silver&Black
08-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Ian Rappaport of the Boston Herald, who's been covering Coffee for 3 years now, Tweeted that he's not surprised he retired, and that he will probably be heading up a ministry soon..that he has a higher calling.

That's awesome. If that's the reason he left...more power to him. But if it's not that.....:nope

Spursfan092120
08-14-2010, 12:46 AM
That's awesome. If that's the reason he left...more power to him. But if it's not that.....:nope
Agreed 100%

Silver&Black
08-14-2010, 12:53 AM
Agreed 100%

I feel bad for calling him a "quitter" when I started the thread. Guess I gotta check out for NFL players becoming ministers now. :bang

But thanks for the intel though...

Spursfan092120
08-14-2010, 12:55 AM
I feel bad for calling him a "quitter" when I started the thread. Guess I gotta check out for NFL players becoming ministers now. :bang

But thanks for the intel though...
Not a problem...:toast

BUMP
08-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Same here, if thats the real reason he left then I feel like a dick, being a Christian myself.

I thought that he quit because he was having a hard time or something. If he wants to be a minister screw football :toast

SpursFanFirst
08-14-2010, 09:49 AM
The reasons for leaving really shouldn't matter, since it's a personal choice.
I'm just wondering why it was all so sudden. By all accounts, it was a complete surprise.

8FOR!3
08-14-2010, 09:59 AM
What a great thing to do. Much respect to Glen Coffee for his choice if the reason is true.

20beastie45
08-16-2010, 09:20 PM
What a load of crap!!! Come on guys are you serious!!! Waste of talent. He could have started a Ministry after his NFL career. which probably would have been ten years or so.

Thumbs way down for this guy.:flipoff

symple19
08-17-2010, 01:37 PM
An insignificant loss.

In other news, the Niners pick up Brian Westbrook

Westbrook>Coffee A.Dixon>Coffee

Never wanted that dirty bammer on the Niners anyway

Silver&Black
08-17-2010, 02:56 PM
An insignificant loss.

In other news, the Niners pick up Brian Westbrook

Westbrook>Coffee A.Dixon>Coffee

Never wanted that dirty bammer on the Niners anyway

I see your an auburn fan....I'm guessing you know all about A. Dixon. That kid is a beast. I'm a MSU fan so I for sure know. That was a great pickup for SF in the 6th round. He had an awesome preseason game 1. 100 yards and a TD...

symple19
08-17-2010, 03:12 PM
I see your an auburn fan....I'm guessing you know all about A. Dixon. That kid is a beast. I'm a MSU fan so I for sure know. That was a great pickup for SF in the 6th round. He had an awesome preseason game 1. 100 yards and a TD...

Dixon is indeed a monster. Was such a workhorse at MSU, he singlehandedly kept the Dogs in games on numerous occasions. Glad the Niners were able to get him. With a depth chart of Gore/Westbrook/Dixon, SF looks to have one of the best backfield situations in the league, IMO

Silver&Black
08-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Dixon is indeed a monster. Was such a workhorse at MSU, he singlehandedly kept the Dogs in games on numerous occasions. Glad the Niners were able to get him. With a depth chart of Gore/Westbrook/Dixon, SF looks to have one of the best backfield situations in the league, IMO

Agreed....:toast. Without Dixon we would of won 2 games last year instead of 5. And the thing that impresses me about Dixon is that EVERYONE in the SEC knew what MSU was going to do. We were gonna feed AD all day. And they still couldn't stop it. The Ole Miss game was the best. We ran off tackle all day long....and they knew it....but couldn't stop it. He ran all over them. (Go ahead and throw Kentucky in there too) SF should have the #1 RB combo if all stay healthy.

Goran Dragic
08-18-2010, 08:54 PM
lol defending someone for retiring so he could become a priest and molest kids

gaKNOW!blee
08-19-2010, 12:37 PM

yeah too bad Gore and Westbrook are both guaranteed to miss atleast 4 games.

Zelophehad
08-21-2010, 03:32 AM
What a load of crap!!! Come on guys are you serious!!! Waste of talent. He could have started a Ministry after his NFL career. which probably would have been ten years or so.

Thumbs way down for this guy.:flipoff

:lmao @ forgetting how totally meaningless sports are in the grand scheme of things.

symple19
08-21-2010, 08:39 AM
:lmao @ forgetting how totally meaningless sports are in the grand scheme of things.

just as meaningless as religion is, sure.

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Goran Dragic
08-21-2010, 09:47 AM
just as meaningless as religion is, sure.

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:lol

slurp slurp Jesus slurp slurp religion slurp slurp I wanna stick my dick in some prime alter boy ass slurp slurp

Zelophehad
08-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Tbh I would think even an atheist would say playing bouncey ball or tackley ball is way less important than about a million other things in life.