PDA

View Full Version : The funniest part of 2010 Free Agency! Joe Johnson...

Smooth Criminal
08-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Walked away with the biggest contract!

:lmao

Smooth Criminal
08-13-2010, 07:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100709

baseline bum
08-13-2010, 07:58 PM
It would have been 10x funnier if it was the Knicks who gave him the Allan Houston deal, part II.

Darrin
08-13-2010, 08:57 PM
It would have been 10x funnier if it was the Knicks who gave him the Allan Houston deal, part II.

For years I have used the phrase "Jim McIlvaine Charity Fund." I am tempted to start an "Allan Houston Low-Yield Return" to my offseason references.

Any thoughts?

Red Hawk #21
08-13-2010, 09:08 PM
It's comedy-- tragic comedy.

4>0rings
08-13-2010, 09:13 PM
:lmao Buss couldn't afford him if he wanted too. Begging his coach to take less after a trophy.

TDMVPDPOY
08-13-2010, 09:46 PM
this is the clown who wanted to be a franchise player while being paid franchise player money

dude is a fkn scrub

Darrin
08-13-2010, 09:51 PM
I totally forgot who their GM was. I don't know how, but until this thread I hadn't put the two together. The man running the Atlanta Hawks isn't the same man who built them (drafted Josh Smith, Al Horford, hired Woodson as coach, signed Joe Johnson to his original deal). That was Billy Knight, the guy who drafted Pau Gasol, Shane Battier, and hired Hubie Brown in Memphis.

No, this is Rick Sund. The same Rick Sund that tanked the Pistons with Grant Hill. The same one with names like Randolph Childress, Scot Pollard, Robert Swift, and Johan Petro on his draft record. This is the guy who signed Brian Williams/Bison Dele to a 45-million dollar contract, signed Christian Laettner and Loy Vaught out of the injury ward, overpaid for Lindsey Hunter, and brought back Joe Dumars for one season at the expense of a lottery pick guard, Bonzi Wells.

This is the guy who almost ruined his relationship with Ray Allen in Seattle--Allen almost left because of it. This is the guy who thought Vin Baker was a good idea in Seattle.

He fired Woodson and replaced him with Doug Collins long-time assistant Larry Drew. He promoted from within the same way that he did with Alvin Gentry off Doug Collins' bench, and George Irvine off of Gentry's. The Pistons, until Rick Carlisle, had not tried to hire a coach outside of Collins' coaching staff since Doug Collins was hired in 1995 (6 years, three coaches). He is the one who let Nate McMillan go to Portland and hired vagabond, washed-up Bob Weiss in his stead.

He's the one who was GM when the Pistons went 54-28 in 1997, ignored the chemistry issues, and the team failed to make the postseason in 1998. He was GM when the Sonics went 52-30 in 2005, and failed to make the postseason in 2006.

Sam Presti got his job because of this clown. Joe Dumars got his job because of this clown. I'm not shocked, just stunned that it took me this long to figure it out.

Ashy Larry
08-13-2010, 10:14 PM
they will be a four or five seed...... eliminated in the 2nd round

diego
08-13-2010, 10:53 PM
i'll get flak for saying this, but you could see this coming. he's in it for the max money, either he's too dumb to realize that his contract means his team will never win or he just don't give a shit, i'd bet on the latter. still, congratulations to him for making more money than several generations of my immediate family combine, no need to hate him for it :toast