PDA

View Full Version : Duping the Families of Fallen Soldiers

Marcus Bryant
08-14-2010, 10:42 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-28/duping-the-families-of-fallen-soldiers.html

elbamba
08-14-2010, 10:59 AM
I only got through half of the article. Is there anything preventing the families from removing the money to another account? I understand that the insurance companies are manipulating the truth, but I don't think that the families are without recourse. Perhaps I didn't read enough of the article.

ElNono
08-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Nice. No FDIC protection. No banking regulations. No Money Market regulation. Using an actual bank as a front issuing checks so they look legit.

You have to wonder how much of the cumulative money is actually backed. What are the actual risks of a run on that money. I also wonder if they penalize you for moving the lump sum out of the account.

Interesting also about the Roth IRA angle. Obviously, Ins Co don't want you to know about it.

boutons_deux
08-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Greed is a beautiful thing to behold, n'est-ce-pas?

Somebody tell us again how corporations aren't screwing Americans in every aspect of their lives?

The Repugs want to hand Social Security funds to the scumbag vampire squids of the financial sector. I REALLY hope the Repugs campaign hard and loud on that plank. Then we'll then see just how stupid or unstupid America is.