PDA

View Full Version : Eva: Tony Parker wants to play in Big Apple

METALMiKE
08-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Tony Parker's wife, actress Eva Longoria, was overheard last night saying the San Antonio point guard wants to come to the Big Apple.

The couple was at sold-out Red Bull Arena last night in Harrison, N.J., to watch their friend Thierry Henry and the Red Bulls lose 1-0 to the L.A. Galaxy.

When asked if Parker's presence meant he was coming to New York, she responded, "No, we're just here watching [Henry]." When asked if her husband wanted to come to New York, she quickly flashed a smile, nodded her head and said, "Yes."

Parker will make $13.5 million in the final season of his contract with the Spurs. He'll be an unrestricted free agent after this season.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/eva_parker_longs_for_ny_HYgBXqD8Z9c7W7hnPVrhiK#ixz z0wh5n5PPC

BlackSwordsMan
08-15-2010, 11:55 AM
he'll be gone next year when duncan retires and manu with his broken ankles can't play anymore

galvatron3000
08-15-2010, 11:58 AM
So, um, well do we need to trade Parker or ride this year out with him as the starting Pg. new York has no suitable replacements for him, IMO. So trading with them is out of the question and Parker is not going to leave without securing a sign and trade via SA. I expect him to sign an extension though because of the coming 2011 CBA

tp2021
08-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Ah shit. Here we go...

bigzak25
08-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Spurs will be calm and collected as always.

They will let Tony carry the team in the regular season offensively and then let the chips fall where they may.

If a team gives an offer the Spurs cannot refuse, I'm sure the trigger is pulled.

Otherwise, they let the season play out, continue to negotiate in good faith with TP in case he decides he wants to stay, and if not, let him become a FA.

Then they can either clear more cash off the books or depending on where TP wants to play, see if that team has anything of value in a sign and trade.

It's a long season, as we all know, and anything can happen.

But I still stand by the Spurs will be 2010-2011 NBA Champs Proclamation!

:flag:

I'd also like to say I'm a little freaked out by a joke I made 5 years ago about how Eva would be pushing Tony to play in New York to help her career...

Club Alien has it in his sig...

If this should come to pass, I thing that's Spur worthy, just fyi...:lol

jiggy_55
08-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Guys, stop being retards.. We've heard this from literally everybody's mouth, even Parker himself said his cycle could be over and he'll start a new cycle elsewhere for 7-8 years.. He's so gone next year, and if we don't get something out of him than our FO is fucking stupid plain and simple. He needs to be traded at some point for some worth future players or players that can help now. If you don't see that yet, you need to get your head out of your ass

Chomag
08-15-2010, 12:13 PM
If he is to be traded I would hope it be soon and not at trade deadline. Spurs would be much better off running that new traded player or players in training camp and playing a full season for them to make a difference in the playoffs.

TimmehC
08-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Funny how every time we hear that Tony "wants" to play in NYC, it's from the New York Post, and no other media outlet can ever confirm it. Just sayin'.

Dex
08-15-2010, 12:15 PM
:wakeup Much ado about nothing.

DesignatedT
08-15-2010, 12:15 PM
leave it alone. a lot can change from now to then.

Man In Black
08-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Funny how every time we hear that Tony "wants" to play in NYC, it's from the New York Post, and no other media outlet can ever confirm it. Just sayin'.
It's the Post people. It's a step above internet basketball site.

The Btown Spur
08-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Tony and eva are with henry at the USA vs france game in NYC

DesignatedT
08-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Lets help him get there sooner! Find another team and lets see if we can add some more pcs to help us win this year.

Well that's the question. Do we try to get something for him and look towards the future once Duncan is gone, which could pretty much solidify that Duncan won't have another shot at a title or roll the dice with him this season and try to win it all because there is nothing out there that will give us a better opportunity to win it all this season than Tony.

Leonard Curse
08-15-2010, 01:06 PM
thats alot of false newyork reports for some point guard whos not even considerd "elite" dont ya think?? being in denial is ridiculous lets just trade frenchie when we are offerd the right deal, if were going to trade with newyork its going to have to be a 3 team trade shoot maybe even a 4team trade like indiana did to get someone we really want, its going to be tough replacing tony but if anyone can do it its the spurs(hopefully pop finds himself again)

dbreiden83080
08-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Shouldn't they be divorced by now??

superbigtime
08-15-2010, 01:23 PM
This isn't news.

Amuseddaysleeper
08-15-2010, 01:39 PM
If true, the Spurs 100% have to trade him by the deadline

jimo2305
08-15-2010, 01:41 PM
lol guys.. srsly.. take it with a grain of salt..

there's no way we should trade parker now.. we missed our chance..

DPG21920
08-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Well that's the question. Do we try to get something for him and look towards the future once Duncan is gone, which could pretty much solidify that Duncan won't have another shot at a title or roll the dice with him this season and try to win it all because there is nothing out there that will give us a better opportunity to win it all this season than Tony.

When the Spurs decided their main goal was to dodge the luxury tax, they solidified the fact Tim does not have another chance at a title realistically.

I agree TP helps us win now more than anyone, I was just making that other point.

Spurs should be in no rush to trade TP and should work on re-signing him first.

Hooks
08-15-2010, 02:00 PM
I could care less if TP leaves after Duncan retires. I doubt the Spurs will be a contender for some time with MIA and LA ruling the NBA. If the Spurs keep Parker they'll be a mediocre team for some time, I'd rather the Spurs have a losing record so they can rebuild faster with low draft picks. By the time MIA and LA are on the decline so will Parker. The spurs are loaded with young talent, I don't know about yall but I have faith in the FO's ability to draft great players.

With these low draft picks the Spurs have a chance to have a very good young team for years to come, a young team loaded with talent just like the Thunder or Blazers.

Bruno
08-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Parker will re-sign with Spurs and haters gonna hate.

eric365
08-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Tony and eva are with henry at the USA vs france game in NYC

Tony and Thierry Henry were with the french announcer during the game and they asked to henry :
"So now that you are in NY, you are going to see TP more ?"
Henry said :
"But he is still in the west coast, We don't know what he will do soon (Both TP and Henry laughed), but for now he is still in the west coast"

It was obvious they was referring to a possible signing for the Knicks next year.

In the same interview TP stated again he will finish his contract with the spurs and then he will see.

He also said that his next step is to go in LA with Chip and a physical trainer to start his preparation of the season

Vic Petro
08-15-2010, 02:08 PM
The guy that asked Eva the question was apparently Stefan Bondy, who is a reporter for the Bergen Record, which is a more respected news source and not quite the tabloid the post is. Bondy isn't making this up.

mountainballer
08-15-2010, 02:29 PM
why are you guys all going crazy about this report/rumor?
of course there is a chance that Tony thinks about leaving SA and that's not because he isn't loyal, it's because it's part of the business, it's his live, it's his career and he wouldn't be the first person in history who is attracted by the possibility to live in NY.
so, call me whatever you want (and NO, I'm not a hater and will be happy if he stays in SA), but let's face the possibility and let's face the current situation.
hmm.
I can see a chance that he lands in NY (this summer or at deadline) and the Spurs will still be the winner in the long run. (not short term, that for sure)
Randolph is now in NY (and I remeber about a million pretty positive posts about how nice it would be to get him, when he was with GSW).
a trade of Curry plus Randolph for Tony works. (knicks are under the cap, so they are not bound to the package rule for recently traded players, as far as I can say - please confirm cap gurus - he could be traded again in a package right away).
there are several more sweetener the Knicks could add, especially Wilson Chandler. btw. even Toney Douglas is a much more intriguing player than most realize.
just saying. we have some young players for the future, some will be pretty good, but I fear none will be special. Randolph could be special one day. if he becomes special and Spurs then run a line up of let's guess Hill, Anderson, Randolph, Blair, Splitter or Hill, Anderson, Chandler, Randolph, Splitter.......
we might be very very happy, that the Spurs did this trade in 2010.
(again: if not, it's all fine as well)

SenorSpur
08-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Spurs options with Parker:
Blockbuster trade in Feb or S&T over the next summer.

The Spurs are too smart to allow him to walk away without compensation.

Leonard Curse
08-15-2010, 02:52 PM
i would think gallanari is a must if a trade did happen with newyork, gallanari has more upside than anyone in my opinion or this just might have to be a 3 team trade

vander
08-15-2010, 02:57 PM
trade him now, don't just let him walk

ace3g
08-15-2010, 03:24 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/1a/fullj.d158d28bf3cf0638f10287454f975144/d158d28bf3cf0638f10287454f975144-getty-102966262nl011_united_state.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/53/fullj.7bfabbffee20093d551ec8b4e51223d3/7bfabbffee20093d551ec8b4e51223d3-getty-102966262nl009_united_state.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/d2/fullj.69f6e41ffd416d3493ee0e509097e0fa/69f6e41ffd416d3493ee0e509097e0fa-getty-102966262nl007_united_state.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/43/fullj.97ec9c2cd14a207a8e93deadfdcb0cd9/97ec9c2cd14a207a8e93deadfdcb0cd9-getty-102966262nl010_united_state.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b0/fullj.132390b8f1aaf71c5fa1e6fdd542db93/132390b8f1aaf71c5fa1e6fdd542db93-getty-102966262nl013_united_state.jpg
Henry getting a good view

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/6a/fullj.87c08198c47a5150e230533ed60e1dab/87c08198c47a5150e230533ed60e1dab-getty-us-global_community_cup-france-usa.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/87/fullj.9a1b530fc6b5fecb3eb1b9be00c17c17/9a1b530fc6b5fecb3eb1b9be00c17c17-getty-us-global_community_cup-france-usa.jpg

Basketball Power
08-15-2010, 03:27 PM
If the Spurs don't trade this guy they will be the biggest fucking idiots since the Knicks

benefactor
08-15-2010, 04:22 PM
It's the New York Post people. Please consider the source before making any assumptions.

Libri
08-15-2010, 04:27 PM
His other best friend, Turiaf, plays for the Knicks.

MannyIsGod
08-15-2010, 04:42 PM
If he is to be traded I would hope it be soon and not at trade deadline. Spurs would be much better off running that new traded player or players in training camp and playing a full season for them to make a difference in the playoffs.

If he's going to be traded then it doesn't matter because its over.

Russ
08-15-2010, 04:44 PM
In a related development . . .

neAIyuE1BAA

lotr1trekkie
08-15-2010, 04:48 PM
If Tony wants to play in NY because of Henry and Tuarief so be it! I don't Tim wILL be happy with Tony. Committment means committment. If Tony is in way worried about his move to NY if he gets hurt---we don't need him anymore. If Tony would rather play with Amare and Melo than Tim and Manu[for more $$$] than he has reduced himselt to a MARBURY.
If a man or woman knows they have one foot out the door they can never emotionially commit to the former lover. Fake it, yes! We do not need Tony to be faking it.

BronxCowboy
08-15-2010, 04:52 PM
It's the Post people. It's a step above internet basketball site.

No, it isn't. Not even if that site is Hoopsworld. Quite honestly, I would take Kill Bill Pana more seriously than the Post.

siraulo23
08-15-2010, 04:52 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b0/fullj.132390b8f1aaf71c5fa1e6fdd542db93/132390b8f1aaf71c5fa1e6fdd542db93-getty-102966262nl013_united_state.jpg
Henry getting a good view

wtf

MannyIsGod
08-15-2010, 04:53 PM
If Tony wants to play in NY because of Henry and Tuarief so be it! I don't Tim wILL be happy with Tony. Committment means committment. If Tony is in way worried about his move to NY if he gets hurt---we don't need him anymore. If Tony would rather play with Amare and Melo than Tim and Manu[for more $$$] than he has reduced himselt to a MARBURY.
If a man or woman knows they have one foot out the door they can never emotionially commit to the former lover. Fake it, yes! We do not need Tony to be faking it.

lol

ohmwrecker
08-15-2010, 04:54 PM
It's the New York Post people. Please consider the source before making any assumptions.

Right. The Post is like the TMZ of newspapers. This is meaningless.

The Spurs are stuck. The best shot they have at winning another championship is keeping Parker. There is no trade that will increase or even maintain those chances. The Knicks do not have the players or the contracts to make a trade that is beneficial to the Spurs and no other team is going to give up anything significant for what is essentially a season rental on Parker.
The Spurs will make an offer and Parker will make a choice. There is not much anyone can do about it beyond that. This is it. This season is, more than likely, the last waltz for the big 3.
A lot can change before February 17, 2011, but Spurs fans need to be prepared for the bad news. Just be thankful for what being a Spurs fan has given you and don't expect that it will last forever. This is an elite organization and they always do their best to a put very competitive product out on the floor, but the end of the road is near and if TP leaves, I can't blame him.

bigzak25
08-15-2010, 05:14 PM
If I was running the Spurs,
I would get the Clippers on the phone and offer them TP for Baron Davis right now.

Get it done Pop!

FkLA
08-15-2010, 05:16 PM
lol @ the parker homers

when is a report going to be legit enough for you guys? every single one of the numerous reports is always dismissed as false and irrelevant, or as misinterpreted. wake up seriously...i mean im not saying trade him away for a bag of peanuts but the spurs need to start seriously shopping him and seing whats out there if they havent already been doing that.

ohmwrecker
08-15-2010, 05:18 PM
i mean im not saying trade him away for a bag of peanuts but the spurs need to start seriously shopping him and seing whats out there.

What makes you think they aren't?

FkLA
08-15-2010, 05:21 PM
caught me before the edit

the post was mainly for the glass full tp fanboys though, that think people who feel we should shop him are 'haters' and that magically the spurs will eventually extend him...and at what price tag i ask?

bigzak25
08-15-2010, 05:25 PM
He wants to play international ball. He wants max money.

He's a speed point guard that is at his peak...and Pop saw for himself that the Spurs gelled without him at the end of last year and therefore brought him off the bench!

What more proof does anyone need?

He is on the way out.

Better to trade him now and get a darn good player in return to help the Spurs win a Championship this year.

ohmwrecker
08-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Anyone who thinks the Spurs chances at a championship are even with George Hill instead of Tony Parker is delusional.

bigzak25
08-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Anyone who thinks the Spurs chances at a championship are even with George Hill instead of Tony Parker is delusional.

We all know Manu is the PG in the clutch anyway.

But I agree, which is why it's great that the Spurs are not cutting Tony, they will be trading him...meaning I expect they are looking at available PGs to bring in as a replacement.

FkLA
08-15-2010, 05:32 PM

ideally we're going to get a(some) pretty important pieces(s) in return for parker.

hill alone wouldnt make up for the production but whos to say hill+piece(s) wouldnt? or come close to it?

Obstructed_View
08-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Three things:

I thought Eva was a lifelong Spurs fan.

Spurs fans should be praying for marital strife in Tony Parker's life.

Didn't we have this conversation already? I don't really see any new info. If Parker's deterimined to go to the Knicks, then the Spurs can't possibly get anything for him right now.

bigzak25
08-15-2010, 05:38 PM
But Obstructed, if you trade him to LA, where he'll get max money and the spotlight he craves...and get to play with Blake Griffin and a good coach in Vinnie Del Negro...he'll have no reason to want to goto New York.

ohmwrecker
08-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Tony is a top 5 PG when healthy. George Hill is an undersized SG with limited PG skills. If there was an offer for a PG who could legitimately replace Parker's production (either solo or paired with Hill) the Spurs would have undoubtedly jumped on it already. Manu cannot be allowed to play the minutes required to lead a team at the point and he is far to valuable off the ball.
There could be some better options at the deadline, but I'm not counting on it, and if there was a good deal out there right now, it would be done. The Spurs already tried to swap Tony for Chris Paul, so they are looking.

DPG21920
08-15-2010, 05:47 PM
^That was never offered. People on both sides denied it.

Cane
08-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Yea all the signs seem to be pointing towards Tony Parker leaving for the big Apple, probably after this new season expires.. That David Aldrige NBA.COM article and a recent Sports Illustrated piece reported that Parker has already declined contract extension talks, not to mention all the other stuff floating around.

If Tony Parker has another 09-10 season he's a seemingly average and replaceable player (especially looking at his drop in stats like PER) and looks to be one after the Duncan era anyway. Spurs shouldn't offer him a huge contract since his game is dependent on his speed and finishing ability more than anything else which are traits that decline mightily for PG's especially patriotic ones with as much mileage as Parker.

For Parker it makes a lot of sense to go to New York for his brand, Mike D'Antoni, connections, huge city thats also much more in love with basketball than any city in TX, etc. I see the Spurs as a secondary option for Parker but whatever happens I expect them to work professionally throughout. :toast

Ditty
08-15-2010, 05:49 PM
I hope its not true but if it is I wonder if an sign n trade for anthony randolph,wilson chandler and toney douglas and a few future 1st round picks would be worth it if we could trade him to new york or sign n trade

Chomag
08-15-2010, 05:53 PM
As long as we keep saying and believing it's not true it can't be right?

Chomag
08-15-2010, 06:00 PM
I hope its not true but if it is I wonder if an sign n trade for anthony randolph,wilson chandler and toney douglas and a few future 1st round picks would be worth it if we could trade him to new york or sign n trade

New York dosn't have anything worthy of a TP trade, but Spurs don't have to deal TP only to New York while he is currently under contract.

Tp would make a very good expiring for another team, and after his contract runs up he could go wherever he wants to.

If this is true and Spurs decide to wait until next off-season hoping to try to convince TP to sign and trade to New York then that would limit the Spurs options greatly. That is if he doesn't decide to just walk over to new York, then Spurs will have nothing at all in return.

TD 21
08-15-2010, 06:01 PM
wtf

I don't think it's as obvious as it looks. He's probably looking behind her or something...but if it is as obvious as it looks, do you blame him? That's about as good as she's looked.

Right. The Post is like the TMZ of newspapers. This is meaningless.

The Spurs are stuck. The best shot they have at winning another championship is keeping Parker. There is no trade that will increase or even maintain those chances. The Knicks do not have the players or the contracts to make a trade that is beneficial to the Spurs and no other team is going to give up anything significant for what is essentially a season rental on Parker.
The Spurs will make an offer and Parker will make a choice. There is not much anyone can do about it beyond that. This is it. This season is, more than likely, the last waltz for the big 3.
A lot can change before February 17, 2011, but Spurs fans need to be prepared for the bad news. Just be thankful for what being a Spurs fan has given you and don't expect that it will last forever. This is an elite organization and they always do their best to a put very competitive product out on the floor, but the end of the road is near and if TP leaves, I can't blame him.

I agree with most of this, but at the same time, whether it's the Post or any other source, is anyone seriously going to deny at this point that he clearly wants out and wants to go to New York?

No, I don't have a link to satisfy timvp (couldn't resist), but I can put two and two together. The guy went from sounding like he wanted to be a Spur for life to not wanting to talk extension in a short span.

While keeping him for this season gives the Spurs the best chance at winning a fifth championship, losing him next summer for nothing would be a major blow. For now, the prudent thing to do is to keep him, but if this season goes off the rails and it's apparent that they're not going to seriously challenge for the championship, then they have to seriously look at moving him at the deadline. As an expiring contract and a player likely headed to a specific team, they won't hit a home run, but they might hit a double and that's a lot better than striking out.

Stand
08-15-2010, 06:02 PM
he wants to play international ball. He wants max money.

He's a speed point guard that is at his peak...and pop saw for himself that the spurs gelled without him at the end of last year and therefore brought him off the bench!

He is on the way out.

Better to trade him now and get a darn good player in return to help the spurs win a championship this year.

+1

Venti Quattro
08-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Since when were players' wives word about their husbands' free-agency status credible?

DPG21920
08-15-2010, 06:19 PM
The Spurs not being able to win a title (more than likely) has nothing to do w/ TP.

Texas_Ranger
08-15-2010, 06:21 PM

He's a speed point guard that is at his peak...and Pop saw for himself that the Spurs gelled without him at the end of last year and therefore brought him off the bench!

He is on the way out.

Better to trade him now and get a darn good player in return to help the Spurs win a Championship this year.

this.

DesignatedT
08-15-2010, 06:22 PM
I would get the Clippers on the phone and offer them TP for Baron Davis right now.

Get it done Pop!

Baron Davis?????????? wtf

bigzak25
08-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Baron Davis?????????? wtf

He's a baller dude. A key reason Golden State knocked off the Mavs in 07.

He's got a similar contract to Tony, but with I think another year on it...which is good.

He's a bigger bulkier PG that can drain the 3's and can dish out assists with the best of them. His bulk will help shut down some of the bigger PGs on D.

The problem is he's been with an up until this point poorly run Clippers team with an owner that has questionable commitment to championships.

Under Don Nelson, he flourished.

Pop would definitely check his shot selection, so that would not be an issue...especially since the Spurs Offense would be a more inside out dynamic.

Davis will have more open 3pt shots and his % will return to high levels.

If the Clippers were willing?

It's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned...but are they willing?

gilmor
08-15-2010, 06:36 PM
I do not believe the spurs can win this year with Parker. I think TP dominates the ball way to much and does not create for others. That was great when TD dominated inside but we need a point that can create for other guys or be a great 3 pt shooter..........TP in niether.

I think if, we can get the right pcs for him it may put us with the lakers out west. We need to get a star and a young pc back for him. Would have to be a 3 team deal as the knicks have little to offer outside Gallinari and Dougles.

Keeping TP if he can work with RJ may give us a shot, but I still think we lack a big. I dont think TP would leave us high and dry so Im sure we would work out a sign and trade next summer.....but if we can get a star and a young pc move hill into the starting line up I think you make that move now.

You are such a dumbass..

Spurs cannot win this year with or without Tony..

I don't see how Spurs can beat Lakers or the Heat..

In addition, one more year older mean that Duncan and Manu will not be as good as last year..

Let's face it, the chance of Spurs winning anything at all is less than 40%

DesignatedT
08-15-2010, 06:38 PM

He's got a similar contract to Tony, but with I think another year on it...which is good.

He's a bigger bulkier PG that can drain the 3's and can dish out assists with the best of them. His bulk will help shut down some of the bigger PGs on D.

The problem is he's been with an up until this point poorly run Clippers team with an owner that has questionable commitment to championships.

Pop would definitely check his shot selection, so that would not be an issue...especially since the Spurs Offense would be a more inside out dynamic.

He's 3 years older than Tony, He has a past history of major injury problems, He plays a totally different style than Tony does, and while his 3 pt shot is definitely better than Tony he only shot 27% last season and 30% the season before and he doesn't even compare to Tony regarding penetration which is a major part of the spurs offense. Our best chance to win the title is sticking with Tony this season and these rumors and nothing but that... rumors. No Tony = no more chance at the title. That's it and once the season starts everyone will see this and be riding his jock praying he re-signs.

bigzak25
08-15-2010, 06:43 PM
He's 3 years older than Tony, He has a past history of major injury problems, He plays a totally different style than Tony does, and while his 3 pt shot is definitely better than Tony he only shot 27% last season and 30% the season before and he doesn't even compare to Tony regarding penetration which is a major part of the spurs offense. Our best chance to win the title is sticking with Tony this season and these rumors and nothing but that... rumors. No Tony = no more chance at the title. That's it and once the season starts everyone will see this and be riding his jock praying he re-signs.

Solid take man, I can respect that.

But I'll stick by my opinion that Davis at PG over Parker would dramatically improve our Spurs Championship hopes this season.

I'll support Tony no matter what, I think he's a good guy and has meant so much to the franchise...but I do believe his days as a Spur are numbered.

Go Spurs Go!

ohmwrecker
08-15-2010, 06:48 PM
^That was never offered. People on both sides denied it.

Which time?

Pauleta14
08-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Spurs options with Parker:
Blockbuster trade in Feb or S&T over the next summer.

The Spurs are too smart to allow him to walk away without compensation.

Option N° 3 : Extend him!

The Spurs are too smart to let him walk. period

Spur_Fanatic
08-15-2010, 07:35 PM
If no chance to extend him, trade him now.
Manu can play PG beautifully anyway. And Hill can use the minutes.

Chomag
08-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Option N° 3 : Extend him!

The Spurs are too smart to let him walk. period

I know your a huge Parker supporter and thats cool. We all have our favorites. However if Parker wants to play somewhere else there is not a whole lot the Spurs can do to make him stay.

J_Paco
08-15-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm at the point where I feel complete apathy towards this Tony Parker situation. I wish Parker would take a slightly more professionally tact toward leaving, but maybe being "benched" during the playoffs did affect him? I thought his relationship with Pop, Timmy and Manu would lead to a more peaceful divorce. But, maybe like Robert Horry and Bruce Bowen before him, his relationship with Pop has possibly soured to the point where he wants to leave. Whether he stays, is traded or goes doesn't matter anymore, I'll support his decision and cherish his great 10 great years in black & silver.

Leonard Curse
08-16-2010, 12:19 AM

so when is it ever time to trust any other player??? we won championship with avery freakin johnson, boston won with rondo pretty much as a rookie not playing nearly as great. lakers just won with fisher so it doesnt take tp to make this happen we beat tougher teams with t.p injured and as soon as he came back we started losing big games you know why???

because his heart is no longer with san antonio, if you think it is thats your opinion but i watched every game too and what i saw was a shadow of what tony used to be for the spurs, i saw the same manu and i saw the same tim and i saw a passionate hill but i saw t.p kinda going through the motion but thats just what i saw its not law just what a die hard spur fan noticed

Leonard Curse
08-16-2010, 12:30 AM
yes and i realize tony was hurt but hes been hurt before and never looked like a bitch when he was on the bench. he looked pissed and for the gazzillionth time he said he will not sign an extension PERIOD dont you think this would be a priority of pops ? of course it would its our freaking starting point guard!!!

pop and staff know this so i think theyre going to display tony for a trade but give hill crucial playing time so just in case something comes up hes ready to take over. i would rather them bench tony for being a bitch about it 2 the the media and just show his talent against really shitty teams. and like many of yall said if tony isnt traded for a vital piece to the future of the spurs then pop needs to step down. because thats no longer the pop looking out for his team and fans/or org. and if he doesnt hes going to wish he did

JustinJDW
08-16-2010, 12:36 AM
I'm really kind split with the whole TP situation. I mean, I love Tony. He grew into an All-Star with us. Been with us for what, almost a decade now? I don't want him to go. He is our best and most consistent scorer. He can put up big numbers through the whole 82 Game Season and then into the Playoffs. Manu only turns in come Playoff time, which is good, but there is no way he can handle the PG duties for a whole Season and play all those minutes. His body can't take it.

And George Hill is not a PG. He can't distribute the ball where players want it. He's a fantastic shooter, and a nice driver, but can he really handle the rock on a Championship contending team? He's really a SG in a PG's body.

So we are really in a pickle. Tony Parker is our ball handler and even though some people may not like it, he is our best player. Maybe not come Playoff time when Timmy and Manu turn it on, but for the Regular Season and in general, he is our best player, and its starting to look pretty clear he wants to leave. I don't like the sound of trading him because I don't think we can win without our best scorer. I don't know, maybe Hill and Manu can handle the ball all Season, but I think its a risky move. Who can we get for TP anyway? It would be pretty horrible if his contract goes up and he leaves to NY and leaves us dry, when we could have gotten a lot for him.

I don't know, I'm split. Lets just see how the 1st Half of the Season goes, and we'll see where we are at come the trade deadline.

EricB
08-16-2010, 01:07 AM
The typical people here I see believe this.

HOPING that he's traded.

Other than the fact that it was "Eva was overheard saying"

Seriously?

You guys are basing all that on THAT?

good god.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-16-2010, 01:18 AM
I hope we get a local-USA-born, athletic, lanky player at any position in return for Parker.

A non athletic, non-long, foreign player for parker would be a sledgehammer to the nuts.

Pauleta14
08-16-2010, 01:20 AM
I know your a huge Parker supporter and thats cool. We all have our favorites. However if Parker wants to play somewhere else there is not a whole lot the Spurs can do to make him stay.

I'm also a Spurs supporter! That's why I want him to stay.

For the Spurs:
He is the best option we have, because there won't be any elite PG available next summer and we won't have a lotery pick, Hill isn't a PG, so what?
He already knows all the systems, is a good teammate, has good work ethic...
Except for a lone "injured plagued" year, he has always improved/ added something to his game (he isn't only a speedy guard IMO), no reasons he stops, even if he loses some speed.
For those who don't like his playmaking skills, if I'm not mistaken, it hasn't been an obstacle at winnig championships!

For TP:
I'm pretty sure he won't leave IF the spurs offer him a "decent" extention. He isn't a NY type of Guy, he doesn't act like a diva/superstar, I've ALWAYS read that he was humble, almost shy and he seems to be.
I'm sure he loves being in a quiet city without paparazzis or whatever and he knows he won't find a better organisation anywhere else to play BB.

The only thing that will maybe makes Tony hesitate is that he wants to keep winning, but seing how good the FO is/has been (Hill, Blair, Splitter, maybe Anderson...), I don't think it's absurd to think we can be contenders EVEN after Timmy retires or plays 20 mins/game (after signing an extension) YES I mean it!.
So if they convince him that they will keep battling for the title, I think he will stay.

Maybe I'm just too optimistic, we'll see!

ceperez
08-16-2010, 03:44 AM
economically with the higher new york taxes and real estate costs i don't see how new york is better.

tony grew up in europe so i don't see how the knicks as a team have any nostalgic value for him.

eva is a long time spurs fan.

tony's legacy has been the spurs.

however the knicks may give him an offer he can't refuse.... that and a team with amare and anthony. if tony thinks he can't win with the spurs and he can do it elsewhere, then i think he moves.

also if he starts playing from the bench, the he moves.

tony is a one man offensive machine, unfortunately guards who rely on speed lose their value much earlier (see iverson, marbury) than other types of players. tony has been playing for a very long time.

still, the spurs value loyalty, so if he wants to stay, he stays, but the spurs arent going to break the bank for him. there are just too many other your spurs in the pipeline expecting a big payday (hill, blair, tiago, anderson).

Chieflion
08-16-2010, 03:48 AM
Since when were players' wives word about their husbands' free-agency status credible?

Ask Hedo Turkoglu that.

Wife: I want to live in Toronto.

Hedo: Okay okay. *Signs huge paycheck*

One season later: Traded to the Phoenix Suns.

LMAO.

jiggy_55
08-16-2010, 07:36 AM

HOPING that he's traded.

Seriously?

good god.

How many times do you have to hear the Parker to NY rumors for you to start thinking its a possibility? 10? 20? 30 times? Come on, we've heard this about 15 times this summer alone, this is serious and it's true and if you fail to believe it than your just being an idiot. Thank God you're not part of the FO, because we'd be left with nothing next summer.

Parker wants to go, let's face it. Even he was quoted as saying he'd like to try out a new cycle next season with a new team and that this season is the last realistic year the Spurs could win a title. How much more out of Parker's mouth do you want? He's given all the hints, too bad some idiots don't want to understand it yet.

Supergirl
08-16-2010, 09:19 AM
I think Parker will sign in the spring like Manu did.

But if he's determined to leave SA then obviously we have to trade him for as good as we can get, and we need a PG in return.

But I don't think he will leave.

elemento
08-16-2010, 09:24 AM
To be honest i don't think Parker will stay.

He is the only young guy of the big 3. He knows that in the next 3 years Manu and TD are going to retire and i'm not sure if he wants to stay in the rebuilding process.

2Cleva
08-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Where's the vbookie on this?

Parker is gone to NY if they have the cap space for him. It won't even be close.

rjv
08-16-2010, 10:34 AM
someway, by february, it would be nice to see if we can get a 3rd team involved in order to get his sorry french ass and latch on, can't act for crap wife out of here. for now, the knicks have no one to offer and we have no choice but to live on with what i am sure will be the occassional drama from the TP camp.

K-State Spur
08-16-2010, 11:12 AM
How many times do you have to hear the Parker to NY rumors for you to start thinking its a possibility? 10? 20? 30 times? Come on, we've heard this about 15 times this summer alone, this is serious and it's true and if you fail to believe it than your just being an idiot. Thank God you're not part of the FO, because we'd be left with nothing next summer.

Parker wants to go, let's face it. Even he was quoted as saying he'd like to try out a new cycle next season with a new team and that this season is the last realistic year the Spurs could win a title. How much more out of Parker's mouth do you want? He's given all the hints, too bad some idiots don't want to understand it yet.

2 or 3 unreliable sources being repeated by 15 others does not equal 15 sources.

that said, i think it's a definite possibility that parker will jump, but still a far cry from "parker wants to go."

mountainballer
08-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Parker is gone to NY if they have the cap space for him.

as projected right now, they will have some cap space, but likely not enough. the crucial point is the re signing of Wilson Chandler (who is a RFA). if they want to sign Tony as a FA to a market value price, they will need to sacrifice Chandler. if they can move Turiaf for an expiring at deadline, then maybe the cap space is enough. so or so, they will likely prefer to turn Curry into something during the season and then use the Bird rights for re signing Chandler (and maybe Azubuike) and have the MLE for some more FA signings.
(if they really want Melo in the long term, it won't happen via FA signing. S&T looks more promising. that's why it will be important to keep the chance alive to use Chandler in such a scenario)

cantthinkofanything
08-16-2010, 11:15 AM
2 or 3 unreliable sources being repeated by 15 others does not equal 15 sources.

that said, i think it's a definite possibility that parker will jump, but still a far cry from "parker wants to go."

I think the word is probability.
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Anyone thinking that Tony is going to be here after this season is delusional.

EmptyMan
08-16-2010, 11:18 AM
lmao! And so it begins.

I called this years ago.

bigzak25
08-16-2010, 11:29 AM

HOPING that he's traded.

Seriously?

good god.

Eric,

do you have an opinion on Tony Parker, the Spurs, and the reality that we are facing?

Or are you just going to ride the fence like always, and when the dust settles, step to the winning side and say you were there all along?

Stop people bashing like your opinions are better than theirs and if you have a solid take, then give it. Otherwise, you are just a troll that brings nothing of value to the site.

Step your game up. You do it on the radio. Do it here too. :tu

lefty
08-16-2010, 11:31 AM
I told you guys that all the denying was suspect

TP denied
Pop denied
Spurs denied

Even George Hill denied

It was so fucking obvious

You guys are too fucking naive :lmao

K-State Spur
08-16-2010, 12:25 PM
I think the word is probability.
Where there's smoke, there's fire.

How many stories do national and local media have to get wrong - sometimes REALLY wrong - before people stop using this phrase?

There was a lot of smoke that Lebron was headed to NY. There was a lot of smoke that the Big 12 was kaput as a conference ("done deal" according to multiple sources). There's smoke that Tom Cruise is a heterosexual.

And not one of those things turned out to be true.

silverblackfan
08-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Tony Parker's wife, actress Eva Longoria, was overheard last night saying the San Antonio point guard wants to come to the Big Apple.

The couple was at sold-out Red Bull Arena last night in Harrison, N.J., to watch their friend Thierry Henry and the Red Bulls lose 1-0 to the L.A. Galaxy.

When asked if Parker's presence meant he was coming to New York, she responded, "No, we're just here watching [Henry]." When asked if her husband wanted to come to New York, she quickly flashed a smile, nodded her head and said, "Yes."

Parker will make $13.5 million in the final season of his contract with the Spurs. He'll be an unrestricted free agent after this season.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/eva_parker_longs_for_ny_HYgBXqD8Z9c7W7hnPVrhiK#ixz z0wh5n5PPC

Even if this is a legit quote, why couldn't Eva be answering the question in reference to the current visit. Meaning, he wanted to come to NY to see the game, not move to NY. This seems like a quote taken out of context.

cantthinkofanything
08-16-2010, 02:07 PM
How many stories do national and local media have to get wrong - sometimes REALLY wrong - before people stop using this phrase?

There was a lot of smoke that Lebron was headed to NY. There was a lot of smoke that the Big 12 was kaput as a conference ("done deal" according to multiple sources). There's smoke that Tom Cruise is a heterosexual.

And not one of those things turned out to be true.

There was even more smoke that Lebron was going to Miami. But the point was that there was a lot of smoke about him leaving Cleveland.
I think in cases like this, the media seems to be more right than wrong.
WTF with Tom Cruise? That belongs on the Richard Jefferson gay thread.

K-State Spur
08-16-2010, 03:13 PM
There was even more smoke that Lebron was going to Miami. But the point was that there was a lot of smoke about him leaving Cleveland.
I think in cases like this, the media seems to be more right than wrong.
WTF with Tom Cruise? That belongs on the Richard Jefferson gay thread.

in modern media, it's more important to be first than to be right.

be the first to report something as a done deal, then if it doesn't happen - say that things changed at the last minute.

if parker leaves i won't be shocked. if parker leaves to NY, i'll be the same. but if he's already made up his mind NOW - without getting any sense of what the spurs, knicks, or any other team is going to look like heading into 2011-12, THAT would surprise me.

cantthinkofanything
08-16-2010, 03:17 PM
in modern media, it's more important to be first than to be right.

be the first to report something as a done deal, then if it doesn't happen - say that things changed at the last minute.

if parker leaves i won't be shocked. if parker leaves to NY, i'll be the same. but if he's already made up his mind NOW - without getting any sense of what the spurs, knicks, or any other team is going to look like heading into 2011-12, THAT would surprise me.

Yeah. I agree with you. Everone throws something out there to see if it sticks. And there's so much thrown out there that not many will remember all the ones that were wrong.
But in this case, there just seems to be too much to support him leaving. Not saying he won't entertain other offers but I just think it's more likely than not that he's done after this season. And the Spurs can't just sit around and end up with nothing in return.

TJastal
08-16-2010, 03:32 PM

He is on the way out.

I've been saying this for almost two years now that the spurs play better basketball when Parker was out (which was every other month seemingly). Of course the fucking homers all scoffed and pew-pewed.

Now look at y'all Parker homers, egg goo dripping down your chins, looking ridiculous.

LMAO

SpursFanFirst
08-16-2010, 04:15 PM
She needs to stop talking.

quentin_compson
08-16-2010, 04:24 PM
I've been saying this for almost two years now that the spurs play better basketball when Parker was out (which was every other month seemingly).

So you've been wrong for almost two years now.

cantthinkofanything
08-16-2010, 04:28 PM

Agreed. There is no doubt that the Spurs are the most effective when TP is playing and is 100%. When healthy, he is one of the most dangerous players in the league and can hit shots when the game is on the line.

I think my real question is, do we go for broke for one more championship with TP? Or do we go ahead and trade for some value and maybe keep the window open longer for our new talent?

I think it's unlikely we make the finals this next season, so I'm saying it's time to trade.

TJastal
08-16-2010, 05:05 PM

When Parker injured his hand last year the Hill/Ginobili led spurs went 11-5 with the most impressive victories of the season over the cavs, celts, lakers, rockets, & magic.

Why is that?

Agloco
08-16-2010, 05:45 PM
When Parker injured his hand last year the Hill/Ginobili led spurs went 11-5 with the most impressive victories of the season over the cavs, celts, lakers, rockets, & magic.

Why is that?

We're waiting for a dose of your infinite wisdom to lead the masses......

Do tell oh wise one. :rolleyes

TJastal
08-16-2010, 05:58 PM
We're waiting for a dose of your infinite wisdom to lead the masses......

Do tell oh wise one. :rolleyes

You don't qualify.

5in10
08-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Gallanari/Randolph and filler for Parker If e decides not to sign an extension.

Josepatches_
08-16-2010, 07:37 PM

Why is that?

That's true.
The Spurs played pretty good without Parker.That's true.

They are better with him.That's true too.

But the question is to trade him or to let him sign elsewhere. We'll wait to February.Then we'll see we aren't a tittle contender and we'll trade him.

gilmor
08-16-2010, 09:47 PM
Sounds like your in a bad mood cause you had to scrub the crapper at Micky Ds, Im sure you will find a better job soon, untill then please refrain from using arbitrary % of our chance to win.

The Spurs can beat the lakers with a bit more size now. The heat have no post player and the starting 5 are not good 3 pt shooters, not good defenders and all dominate the ball. Not sure they will get past Bost.

Spurs have talent, they need to make a few changes and making them now may bring us back much needed help.

The lakers are aging, Kobe, Fish, Artest are all slowing down....Bynum cant stay healthy.....and at some point all those extra games are gonna take a toll.

If we are gonna lose TP, Let see what hes worth. Im sure the spurs are shopping him with all the noise him and his big mouth wife are making.

The Lakers struggled to beat an old, undermanned Bos team last year with home court. Yet you think the spurs having added Splitter and Anderson are still far behind.

Please dont post while your drunk.

I can bet with you Spurs won't win the championship this coming year.. with or without Tony.

It's true that Kobe is not what he used to be some 3-4 years back. But I think Manu and Duncan will be worse off this coming year. Splitter is too new to fit into the Spurs system right now. RJ is a no-brainer bad fit.

You know to win a championship for Spurs, so many things must go right. Basically, all 3 of them must be at the top of their game.

I don't even think Spurs can beat the Celtics last year with the new additions.

angelbelow
08-16-2010, 10:44 PM
we'll see

bigzak25
08-17-2010, 06:49 AM
I can bet with you Spurs won't win the championship this coming year.. with or without Tony.

It's true that Kobe is not what he used to be some 3-4 years back. But I think Manu and Duncan will be worse off this coming year. Splitter is too new to fit into the Spurs system right now. RJ is a no-brainer bad fit.

You know to win a championship for Spurs, so many things must go right. Basically, all 3 of them must be at the top of their game.

I don't even think Spurs can beat the Celtics last year with the new additions.

Sorry, but with our coach, and our roster as it stands, if you are willing to bet on the Spurs losing, then you need to check your fan card at the door.

They might not win it all, but if your more willing to bet against them than on them, then why do you even watch the games? Just morbid curiosity?

ChuckD
08-17-2010, 07:36 AM

Baron Davis is a fat, slow, selfish chucker without a shred of teamwork in his makeup. He's also a pretty bad 3 point shooter, barely better than Parker, in spite of the fact that he lifts them at a rate as if his life depended on getting as many up as possible. He's also essentially playing on one knee.

bigzak25
08-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Baron Davis is a fat, slow, selfish chucker without a shred of teamwork in his makeup. He's also a pretty bad 3 point shooter, barely better than Parker, in spite of the fact that he lifts them at a rate as if his life depended on getting as many up as possible. He's also essentially playing on one knee.

Check this article out...I find it funny that it is on a project Spurs website...

http://projectspurs.com/2010-articles/august/gordon-on-the-team-usa-experience-and-keeping-baron-davis-motivated.html

Bottomline, lets see how anyone would play on the Clippers team of the past couple seasons...Dunleavy had one foot out the door the entire time...and you can't build a team up like that.

Davis just needs motivation and he'll be a top 5 PG in this league, this year.

I really believe this.

What better motivation than to join a San Antonio Spurs organization with all the coaching and players to get the job done in place. He just has to be the cherry on top, not carry the team.

mountainballer
08-17-2010, 10:21 AM
there is one question that all here constantly ignore:
do the Knicks want Tony?
IMO Tony is their plan B at best.
after having lost the Lebron sweepstake plan A is obviously to bring home Carmelo and it seems as if their will be a good chance to get this done. Melo didn't sign an extension and reports say he's already on his way out.
Knicks could somehow clear cap space for one max player. (this will be hard to do anyhow and will force them to sacrifice some talents).
this max player will be Melo and not Tony.
(they can dream about a trio of Melo, Amare and Tony as much as they want. it won't happen unless they can pull some miraculous moves combined with S&Ts. or Tony signs for the MLE next summer)

if Melo leaves, Nuggets are done and can start the rebuilding. Billups will be 35 next summer and I don't think they use their TO for 14 million for him.
Nene can opt out as well and might decide to leave if Melo is gone.

bottom line: nothing will happen with the Knicks until the Melo scenario is dead or finally materialized. (don't be surprised if the Nuggets trade Melo for some package like Randolph, Williams and Curry)

urunobili
08-23-2010, 09:23 AM
http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idtipusrecurs_PK=7&idnoticia_PK=724422

Eva and Henry at Madison Sq yesterday...

http://www.sport.es/vivo/recursos/fotos/foto_448/foto_448034_CAS.jpg

Agloco
08-23-2010, 09:35 AM
http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idtipusrecurs_PK=7&idnoticia_PK=724422

Eva and Henry at Madison Sq yesterday...

http://www.sport.es/vivo/recursos/fotos/foto_448/foto_448034_CAS.jpg

Thierry taking a quick peek at the goods eh? :lol

Agloco
08-23-2010, 09:38 AM
You don't qualify.

At least your admission of ignorance was succinct. :lol

DesignatedT
11-01-2010, 06:32 PM
I've been saying this for almost two years now that the spurs play better basketball when Parker was out (which was every other month seemingly). Of course the fucking homers all scoffed and pew-pewed.

Now look at y'all Parker homers, egg goo dripping down your chins, looking ridiculous.

LMAO

trade him now, don't just let him walk

Get it done Pop!

lol @ the parker homers

when is a report going to be legit enough for you guys? every single one of the numerous reports is always dismissed as false and irrelevant, or as misinterpreted. wake up seriously...i mean im not saying trade him away for a bag of peanuts but the spurs need to start seriously shopping him and seing whats out there if they havent already been doing that.

He is on the way out.

To be honest i don't think Parker will stay.

He is the only young guy of the big 3. He knows that in the next 3 years Manu and TD are going to retire and i'm not sure if he wants to stay in the rebuilding process.

Where's the vbookie on this?

Parker is gone to NY if they have the cap space for him. It won't even be close.

someway, by february, it would be nice to see if we can get a 3rd team involved in order to get his sorry french ass and latch on, can't act for crap wife out of here. for now, the knicks have no one to offer and we have no choice but to live on with what i am sure will be the occassional drama from the TP camp.

I told you guys that all the denying was suspect

TP denied
Pop denied
Spurs denied

Even George Hill denied

It was so fucking obvious

You guys are too fucking naive :lmao

Fail.

Bruno
11-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Parker will re-sign with Spurs and haters gonna hate.

Props to you, Bruno. :toast

spursfan09
11-01-2010, 06:40 PM
:lol

It's sad because you know people wanted to believe that he was gonzo.

Now just another 4 years okay guys?

Pauleta14
11-01-2010, 07:58 PM

On est jamais mieux servit que par soi-même...

ohmwrecker
11-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Fail.

Wow. That was like a SpursTalk Who's Who of shitty posters. Nicely done, sir.

Brazil
11-01-2010, 08:03 PM

mais euh moi aussi je disais ça... bon c'est vrai j'étais plus sur 70 M / 5 ans que 50 et 4

Pauleta14
11-01-2010, 09:30 PM
mais euh moi aussi je disais ça... bon c'est vrai j'étais plus sur 70 M / 5 ans que 50 et 4

:lol me too!

Moi j'étais plus sur du 75M/5ans, j'ai bien les chiffres ronds...

lefty
11-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Fail.

Maybe the NYK are npt willing to overpay another plauer after signing Amare

I mean, TP is not CP3 or Deron

lefty
11-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Wow. That was like a SpursTalk Who's Who of shitty posters. Nicely done, sir.

Wtf
You are the shittiest poster here :lmao

ChuckD
11-01-2010, 11:43 PM
This thread is just buckets of fail. :lol

lefty
11-01-2010, 11:46 PM
This thread is just buckets of fail. :lol

Epic fails :D

Pauleta14
11-02-2010, 12:17 AM
Come Lefty! Just admit you didn't see this coming... no big deal!! :lol

ducks
11-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Lefty gets fucky owned

Sisk
11-02-2010, 12:31 AM
DesignatedT regulating ITT TBH

z0sa
11-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Lefty gets fucky owned

:lmao

Bukefal
11-02-2010, 04:16 AM

lefty
11-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Lefty gets fucky owned
Are you mad at me because I owned you in the MLB forum ?

Rangers :lmao

TJastal
11-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Fail.

Technically, what I said is true, DesignatedT. The spurs did play better basketball while Parker was out the lineup the past two years.

with Parker 79-49, 61% games won
without Parker 25-11, 69% games won

Statistics don't lie.

However. It does appear Tony Parker's focus is back on the spurs (for now anyway), and not on averaging 25ppg or playing for France or getting max contracts with the big markets or partying with Eva in New York & LA (well maybe a little partying here n there)

So as a result I'm expecting a better Tony Parker this year and so far things look pretty hopeful.

ducks
11-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Are you mad at me because I owned you in the MLB forum ?

Rangers :lmao

I called rangers vs giants
owned everyone there

no one thought the giants would get that many hits in the world series

ohmwrecker
11-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Wtf
You are the shittiest poster here :lmao

You're just jealous . . . I get it.

ohmwrecker
11-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Technically, what I said is true, DesignatedT. The spurs did play better basketball while Parker was out the lineup the past two years.

You keep forgetting to mention the key component in this equation . . . Manu Ginobili.

lefty
11-02-2010, 10:04 AM
I called rangers vs giants
owned everyone there

no one thought the giants would get that many hits in the world series
I did

TJastal
11-02-2010, 10:06 AM
You keep forgetting to mention the key component in this equation . . . Manu Ginobili.

What equation are you babbling about?

ohmwrecker
11-02-2010, 10:08 AM
What equation are you babbling about?

Your idiotic assumption that George Hill is a better PG than Tony Parker because the Spurs (all of them, but especially Manu) happened to step up when TP was injured.

lefty
11-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Your idiotic assumption that George Hill is a better PG than Tony Parker because the Spurs (all of them, but especially Manu) happened to step up when TP was injured.
The Spurs did play better when TP was injured

:stirpot:

ohmwrecker
11-02-2010, 10:12 AM
The Spurs did play better when TP was injured

:stirpot:

Yes, they did, but not for the falsehood TJ is trying to propagate.

lefty
11-02-2010, 10:25 AM
ah ok

TJastal
11-02-2010, 11:11 AM

Dude, your reading too much into this. Think, 'Occam's razor'. I'm not trying to propagate anything on anyone, just crunched a few numbers to defend myself.

ohmwrecker
11-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Dude, your reading too much into this. Think, 'Occam's razor'. I'm not trying to propagate anything on anyone, just crunched a few numbers to defend myself.

lol Occam's razor

Dude, the simplest (and correct) explanation is that the Spurs TEAM rallied when their starting PG went out and it happened to coincide with Manu getting healthy and having one of the best last third seasons of his career.

George Hill deserves credit, but not as the heir apparent to the PG position. He solidified that he is far from it in the Phoenix series. Tony, faults and all, is the best PG of the two and for the Spurs.

TJastal
11-02-2010, 11:43 PM
lol Occam's razor

Dude, the simplest (and correct) explanation is that the Spurs TEAM rallied when their starting PG went out and it happened to coincide with Manu getting healthy and having one of the best last third seasons of his career.

You can use whatever explanations and equations you want, but it still doesn't change the fact that the spurs played significantly better in 2008 & 2009 when Parker was out missing games for various reasons. It really doesn't get any simpler than that. Maybe you should go look up the defenition of Occam's razor.

George Hill deserves credit, but not as the heir apparent to the PG position. He solidified that he is far from it in the Phoenix series. Tony, faults and all, is the best PG of the two and for the Spurs.

Well wonderful, glad you think so.