PDA

View Full Version : Udonis Haslem Loves His Weed .......

Ashy Larry
08-15-2010, 06:26 PM
MIAMI -- The Florida Highway Patrol says Miami Heat (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=mia) forward Udonis Haslem (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2184) was arrested on a drug charge following a Sunday afternoon traffic stop in Miami-Dade County.

FHP spokesman Sgt. Mark Wysocky said Haslem, 30, and a passenger were both cited. Wysocky said he expected that the charge would be related to marijuana possession. A full release was expected from FHP later Sunday evening.

Haslem has spent all seven of his NBA seasons with the Heat, and the South Florida native signed a new five-year contract to stay with the team last month.

The Heat did not have any immediate comment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5466256

Venti Quattro
08-15-2010, 06:27 PM
I thought he made some delusional statement. It's REAL WEED this time :lmao

HarlemHeat37
08-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Weed charges are so weak..

Ashy Larry
08-15-2010, 06:37 PM
there's nothing wrong with weed ......

shows you how money hungry this country can be.

Alcohol = man made drug that creates drunk driving; also man comes home drunk and beats his kids and wife. Legal.

Weed = God made plant that creates a mellow feeling, makes you hungry, used for medicinal purposes and normally puts you to sleep. Illegal.

You don't hear too many dudes coming home and beating their wives after being lit.

ducks
08-15-2010, 06:38 PM
here cometh the excuses already when heat do not even get to finals this year

DesignatedT
08-15-2010, 06:43 PM
lol

ohmwrecker
08-15-2010, 06:52 PM
I love the weed too, but you got to keep that shit on the "down low", to use the parlance of the times.

Koolaid_Man
08-15-2010, 07:27 PM

It's a defilement of the flesh...:lol I think Stern should fine him but I also hopes he continues to smoke...at some point in the season he's gonna fuck up Miami's chances during a pivotal moment and I for one can't wait for it to happen.

Indeed, please proceed to smoke weed, never have a want never have a need. :lol

TIMMYD!
08-15-2010, 07:30 PM

Alcohol = man made drug that creates drunk driving; also man comes home drunk and beats his kids and wife. Legal.

Weed = God made plant that creates a mellow feeling, makes you hungry, used for medicinal purposes and normally puts you to sleep. Illegal.

You don't hear too many dudes coming home and beating their wives after being lit.

Sound reasoning.

TE
08-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Can someone please explain why Weed is a worse drug than Alcohol?

Why is marijuana illegal?

ohmwrecker
08-15-2010, 07:35 PM
qZqYV9KKOZQ

Jt.ONE
08-15-2010, 07:55 PM
the only reason why marijuana is illegal is because the government can't profit off of it.
if its legal, it's gonna be taxed.

imagine hittin up your connect to cop a dimo and it costs $11.39?

MiamiHeat
08-15-2010, 07:58 PM

Why is marijuana illegal?

Has to do with the hemp industry way back when..... the USA used to make everything with hemp. it started cutting into the timber industry too much and so they got politicians to run a smear campaign.

DazedAndConfused
08-15-2010, 08:33 PM

Your troll skillz are weak son. Go join the Mav krew.

LkrFan
08-15-2010, 08:55 PM
Stern should suspend him without pay for 50 games. That'll teach him.

:hat

blkroadrunners
08-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Wow, 3 times?!

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/15/udonis-haslem-nba-miami-heat-marijuana-drugs-arrested/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Purch
08-15-2010, 09:40 PM
O god people defending Weed what a surprise.

I say throw him in Jail or something.

ivanfromwestwood
08-15-2010, 10:15 PM

Why is marijuana illegal? watch this documentry. it explains a lot of facts that make me ask the same question as yours

THE UNION
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9077214414651731007#

:drunk

ducks
08-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Stern should suspend him without pay for 50 games. That'll teach him.

:hat

gets paid 10 million he better do something

balli
08-15-2010, 10:24 PM
O god people defending Weed what a surprise.

I say throw him in Jail or something.
Your position is a joke, both morally and intellectually. And BTW, Deron uses cannabis, on the regular.

Cane
08-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Pretty stupid to get caught when you're supposed to be a god damn professional but it is just marijuana. :hat

Purch
08-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Your position is a joke, both morally and intellectually. And BTW, Deron uses cannabis, on the regular.

My only position on this topic is I'm tired of people complaining about how weed needs to be legalized. I don't concern myself with things that I feel will have non benefit to society what so ever.

And yes my position about Throwing people in Jail for doing illegal drugs multiple times is a joke.

And that's nice for Deron I guess.

balli
08-15-2010, 10:46 PM
My only position on this topic is I'm tired of people complaining about how weed needs to be legalized. I don't concern myself with things that I feel will have non benefit to society what so ever.

And that's nice for Deron I guess.

Your position is that Udonis Haslem should be thrown in jail for possessing dried plant material that poses absolutely no threat to you or anyone else whatsoever. You are a fucking bitch. Fuck people like you.

Purch
08-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Your position is that Udonis Haslem should be thrown in jail for possessing dried plant material that poses absolutely no threat to you or anyone else whatsoever. You are a fucking bitch. Fuck people like you.

Fuck people like me for believing you should be punished for doing something illegal? Yep I guess that makes sense. I mean making Laws so you don't enforce them is the goal.

/sarcasm

balli
08-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Like I said, a joke. It used to be illegal to count a black man as more than 3/5ths of a person. Laws don't = logic or morality. In fact, as in the case of marijuana prohibition, they sometimes equal the opposite. But I'll help you out with the team thing. Wait for the pm.

Purch
08-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Well I personally don't see anything wrong with this law in particular. It doesn't stand out to me as an unjust law that needs to be changed like the whole gay marriage thing it California. My only point in this thread is that if you clearly go against a law if you don't get punished for it what's the point of having the law.

balli
08-15-2010, 10:57 PM
My only point in this thread is that if you clearly go against a law if you don't get punished for it what's the point of having the law.
Then your position should be that Udonis Haslem gets a free pass and that the law should be changed. Exactly: what's the point of having the law?

Purch
08-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Then your position should be that Udonis Haslem gets a free pass and that the law should be changed. Exactly: what's the point of having the law?

I don't see why you'd get a free pass for breaking the law no matter who you are.

The whole issue on if the law should be changed or not is a whole different subject. However as long as it is a law I think people should be punished for breaking it.

This may just be my mentality going to take the police test in about a year but that's just how I feel.

balli
08-15-2010, 11:06 PM
This may just be my mentality going to take the police test in about a year but that's just how I feel.
Please tell me you aren't going for SLPD. If you live in or are going to be a cop in another state or in the county somewhere, I guess that's okay, but boy, the SLPD already has enough cops who refuse to see shades of gray.

And a course on the importance of civic disobedience would serve you well. Maybe not as a cop, but as a human being.

JamStone
08-15-2010, 11:11 PM
I'm reading that it was 20 grams, but that he'll be charged with a third degree felony.

I just looked it up and if it's 20 grams or less, it's still a misdemeanor. Only if it's over 20 grams is it a third degree felony. So if it's exactly 20 grams, should still be a misdemeanor.

And the law says a maximum of 5 years in prison but I didn't read a minimum sentence. Don't think prison is a foregone conclusion, and with the lawyers he'll get to represent him, it's probably unlikely.

Purch
08-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Please tell me you aren't going for SLPD. If you live in or are going to be a cop in another state or in the county somewhere, I guess that's okay, but boy, the SLPD already has enough cops who refuse to see shades of gray.

And a course on the importance of civic disobedience would serve you well. Maybe not as a cop, but as a human being.

Haha no not the SLPD sry to disappoint you.

Yea and I'm all for standing up for what you believe in but I just don't really believe in this particular cause at all. I've never done weed and my friends aren't weed heads. So it really hasn't been an important topic in my life at all. So either way if the Law is in affect or not it really doesn't make my life any different.

balli
08-15-2010, 11:24 PM
So either way if the Law is in affect or not it really doesn't make my life any different.
That's not really true. I'm not going to suggest that you get some perspective by trying something you aren't interested in; to each his own.

But the fact that an innocuous substance is relegated to the black market and put in the hands of criminal interests affects you more than you probably know. Whether it's the creation of harmful crime (which is solely on prohibitionists) or the incredible waste of YOUR tax monies on a futile pursuit, or the fact that good people are being utterly destroyed in the name of said futility, those things all matter and they do make your life different than it otherwise would be.

balli
08-15-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm reading that it was 20 grams, but that he'll be charged with a third degree felony.

I just looked it up and if it's 20 grams or less, it's still a misdemeanor. Only if it's over 20 grams is it a third degree felony. So if it's exactly 20 grams, should still be a misdemeanor.

And the law says a maximum of 5 years in prison but I didn't read a minimum sentence. Don't think prison is a foregone conclusion, and with the lawyers he'll get to represent him, it's probably unlikely.

He won't get shit but a slap on the wrist. It's heartbreaking that they could potentially steal five years of this mans life over nothing though. Makes me feel sorry for the otherwise good people who can't afford a legal team.

ducks
08-15-2010, 11:43 PM

but what will it it be for nba

this is huge because heat need him
no him no big

stern needs to suspend him atleast 10 games more like 50

balli
08-15-2010, 11:45 PM
but what will it it be for nba

this is huge because heat need him
no him no big

Again, he'll get a slap on the wrist.

And again, it's heartbreaking that the NBA and all professional sports don't care so much about their athlete's utilizing marijuana, but keeping up the public image, that they don't.

Purch
08-15-2010, 11:47 PM
That's not really true. I'm not going to suggest that you get some perspective by trying something you aren't interested in; to each his own.

But the fact that an innocuous substance is relegated to the black market and put in the hands of criminal interests affects you more than you probably know. Whether it's the creation of harmful crime (which is solely on prohibitionists) or the incredible waste of YOUR tax monies on a futile pursuit, or the fact that good people are being utterly destroyed in the name of said futility, those things all matter and they do make your life different than it otherwise would be.

Good points. I'll definitely look into the whole debate when I have the time.

But on a side note I still won't feel sorry for Haslem if he's out for the season because it's your responsibility to your team not to put yourself in that position.

ducks
08-15-2010, 11:48 PM
he is kind of a no name player no a super star in the nba
I think stern will punish him

now if was james that got caught instead.......

Purch
08-15-2010, 11:48 PM
he is kind of a no name player no a super star in the nba
I think stern will punish him

now if was james that got caught instead.......

Nike Dunk tape part 2? :lol

balli
08-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Good points. I'll definitely look into the whole debate when I have the time.

But on a side note I still won't feel sorry for Haslem if he's out for the season because it's your responsibility to your team not to put yourself in that position.

I can agree that's it's stupid to get busted and I have no idea what the details of Haslem's arrest are, but you're right, he had a professional obligation to remain free from criminal charges.

I'm sorry I said, 'fuck you'. Have a good night. Keep an open mind.

Purch
08-15-2010, 11:57 PM
I can agree that's it's stupid to get busted and I have no idea what the details of Haslem's arrest are, but you're right, he had a professional obligation to remain free from criminal charges.

Haha no problem :married:

Chris
08-16-2010, 12:23 AM

Is that Florida state law or are you looking at the federal laws, because unless he was transporting it across state lines, then it falls under Florida jurisdiction which might have their own penalty classes.

Smooth Criminal
08-16-2010, 12:24 AM

Blew my mind. No joke I never thought of it like that lol

UnWantedTheory
08-16-2010, 12:38 AM
I am a lover of the drink and both kinds of smoke, but everyone should be honest with themselves...none of it should be legal. It just is what it is. We tried to ban alcohol and that didnt turn out so well. As of now, our government is attempting to "crack down on drugs" and they couldnt realistically legalize it during their "fight". That would be losing face, not saving it. It is easier with alcohol and cigs at the moment, considering they have been legal for many years;but do not think that there are some trying to change that as well. Mary will be legal one day, just not today. Once again, lets face facts by saying that Marijuana can be inebriating as well,...perhaps just not to the extent that alcohol can be. But both are an ugly thing in the wrong persons hands. Its not the substance, but the people who abuse them. Moderation my friends, moderation.

Jloyola
08-16-2010, 12:53 AM
Its going to legal for recreational use in cali next year.. so get out there and VOTE this November!!!

UnWantedTheory
08-16-2010, 01:04 AM

Which is exactly why alcohol was legalized again...

BTW, to say that marijuana is innocuous is completely false. Though not on the same level as alcohol, it is still a mind altering substance. Also, the drunks who go home and beat their families, are most likely already inbalanced to begin with. Again, I am a lover of the drink and the smoke, but I do so at home where I am the only person in danger of my inebriation. I truly say this because when I was 18 I had a serious car crash due to being blazed outta my mind. My point being, is that anything can be abused in the wrong hands...especially any type of mind altering substances. When Mary is legalized it will be taxed out the ass and the THC levels will most definately be regulated. You will most certainly see a carton of the marijuana cigs in your lifetime being sold...but, it wont stop the hard core stoners to seek bigger and better shit. Just my dos of the centos.

Venti Quattro
08-16-2010, 01:23 AM

you should be bolded already for this post...

Juanobili
08-16-2010, 01:31 AM
<3 weed

UnWantedTheory
08-16-2010, 01:48 AM

Although we are a money hungry nation, the government would actually make more $ once weed is legalized due to their regulations and how they will tax it.

I do support the legalization of weed(besides personal reasons, an economic stimuli would be a +) or the illegalization of alcohol(of which would suck), but I am also realistic about the circumstances. We try to make far too many excuses for marijuana and try to condemn alcohol because of it. Its the people who abuse these things that are the problem, not the alcohol & not the weed. Everyone should open their minds to both sides and see the facts, not just personal judgements based on their own preference of poison. If anyone wants me to debate the "pros" I can do that too. :) Just dont make rash judgements or condemn to quickly, there are shades of grey to all sides.

I should have added all those posts together...would have made more sense....

My last two cents....pwomiss.:p:

Basketballgirl25
08-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Again, he'll get a slap on the wrist.

And again, it's heartbreaking that the NBA and all professional sports don't care so much about their athlete's utilizing marijuana, but keeping up the public image, that they don't.

it is kind of heartbreaking that the NBA and all sports don't care much, if they want good images they would do something to the players like suspend them for half the season.

Chieflion
08-16-2010, 09:18 AM
The police found the weed after 3 checks, once even with a drug dog, which failed. They found less than 20 grams of weed, whichshould be the first "offense" for Haslem so he would be on probation.

This could very well be racial profiling. Young black man with braids like Haslem with a good car. Great, let us search his ass. Maybe the drug was also planted, who knows.

Ashy Larry
08-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Although we are a money hungry nation, the government would actually make more $ once weed is legalized due to their regulations and how they will tax it.

I do support the legalization of weed(besides personal reasons, an economic stimuli would be a +) or the illegalization of alcohol(of which would suck), but I am also realistic about the circumstances. We try to make far too many excuses for marijuana and try to condemn alcohol because of it. Its the people who abuse these things that are the problem, not the alcohol & not the weed. Everyone should open their minds to both sides and see the facts, not just personal judgements based on their own preference of poison. If anyone wants me to debate the "pros" I can do that too. :) Just dont make rash judgements or condemn to quickly, there are shades of grey to all sides.

I should have added all those posts together...would have made more sense....

My last two cents....pwomiss.:p:

yeah they would make more loot but who stands to make and lose more ???

some politicians make more with weed being illegal than being legal. That's income they don't have to report to the IRS or the gub'ment. Politicians don't wanna see any drugs become legalize especially cocaine. We already know how much dough comes from that; and best believe they're getting their cuts. If drugs ever became legal, a lot of people would become unemployed.

If weed were legal, imagine the forms you'd have to fill out at tax time.

JamStone
08-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Is that Florida state law or are you looking at the federal laws, because unless he was transporting it across state lines, then it falls under Florida jurisdiction which might have their own penalty classes.

Florida state law.

demosthenes247
08-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Well I personally don't see anything wrong with this law in particular. It doesn't stand out to me as an unjust law that needs to be changed like the whole gay marriage thing it California. My only point in this thread is that if you clearly go against a law if you don't get punished for it what's the point of having the law.

You probably would've supported the 19th amendment too

Purch
08-16-2010, 09:52 AM

[QUOTE]Miami Heat player Udonis Haslem charged with drug possession in Miami-Dade

Miami Heat forward Udonis Haslem was charged with marijuana possession Sunday, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

The incident began as a traffic stop Sunday afternoon on the Gratigny Parkway in north Miami-Dade, FHP spokesman Sgt. Mark Wysocky. Haslem was initially puled over for speeding.

It appears that the trooper who stopped Haslem then found drugs.

Haslem and his passenger were both charged with marijuana possession, Wysocky said.

Apparently he got caught speeding and was pulled over and had weed in his car.

I mean isn't the point to not draw attention to yourself when you have something illegal n your car

:lol

sefant77
08-16-2010, 09:53 AM
He was driving with another guy, probably his buddy living from his pocket so of course he will take the bullet for Haslem and say its his and he was hiding it the car without Haslem knowing about it.

And Stern would do shit anyway, Haslem has now the royal Heat protection...

Purch
08-16-2010, 09:54 AM
And apparently he was also charged with having an Illegal window Tint lol.

And there was only 1 other guy in the car

Ashy Larry
08-16-2010, 09:57 AM
MIAMI -- A passenger in Udonis Haslem's vehicle told the Florida Highway Patrol that marijuana found after a weekend traffic stop on a South Florida highway was his. The Miami Heat forward's lawyer believes that should vindicate the NBA veteran.

Eric Schwartzreich, Haslem's attorney, said Monday that the State Attorney's Office is reviewing the arrest paperwork, a process that should be completed in the coming days.

Haslem was arrested Sunday afternoon and charged with possessing more than 20 grams of marijuana, a third-degree felony, along with four counts of possessing drug paraphernalia.

"He's a little rattled," Schwartzreich said. "He's upset. He doesn't know how he can be charged with this."

Haslem was freed from custody late Sunday night, about seven hours after a trooper pulled him over for driving 78 mph in a 60 mph zone on the Gratigny Parkway. Haslem's 2008 Mercedes sedan was searched multiple times, and marijuana was eventually found in a blue nylon bag that the Heat player's passenger, Antwain Fleming, said belonged to him.

Both were transported into police custody. Court records show Fleming faces a charge of possessing less than 20 grams of marijuana, a first-degree misdemeanor. It's unclear why Haslem could face the stiffer charge.

"We are confident Udonis Haslem will be vindicated," Schwartzreich said. "We have a situation where the passenger admits the marijuana was his and Mr. Haslem tells police nothing was in the vehicle.

"I think the police report speaks for itself," Schwartzreich added. "I am hopeful that Udonis Haslem will not be charged."

Haslem's car, worth more than $100,000, may face forfeiture, according to court records. The speeding ticket brings a $269 fine, and FHP spokesman Sgt. Mark Wysocky said Haslem was also cited for having illegal window tint.

The Heat have not commented on Haslem's arrest.

Haslem has spent all seven of his NBA seasons with the Heat, and the South Florida native signed a new five-year contract to stay with the team last month.

"He is our anchor, he is a true warrior and a great professional," Heat president Pat Riley said in July, after Haslem announced he would forgo higher-paying offers elsewhere to stay in Miami and continue playing alongside Dwyane Wade, plus team up with marquee acquisitions LeBron James and Chris Bosh.

During his NBA career, Haslem has averaged 10.0 points and 8.1 rebounds for Miami, helping the Heat win the 2006 NBA championship.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5467243

DaDakota
08-16-2010, 10:39 AM
LOL that he didn't KNOW.....what a moron.....

DD

UnWantedTheory
08-16-2010, 02:23 PM

some politicians make more with weed being illegal than being legal. That's income they don't have to report to the IRS or the gub'ment. Politicians don't wanna see any drugs become legalize especially cocaine. We already know how much dough comes from that; and best believe they're getting their cuts. If drugs ever became legal, a lot of people would become unemployed.

Conspiracy Theories. I love em'!!!

Why would we fill out forms during tax time just because marijuana was legalized?

UnWantedTheory
08-16-2010, 02:24 PM

Yeah, the drug dealers who rely heavily off of marijuana profit.

Conspiracy Theories. I love em'!!!

Why would we fill out forms during tax time just because marijuana was legalized?