PDA

View Full Version : NBA Southwest

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-16-2010, 12:03 AM
So was wondering who you guys thought would win the Sothwest division this year. The choices:

San Antonio Spurs
Houston Rockets
Memphis Grizzlies
New Orleans Hornets
Dallas Mavericks

DeadlyDynasty
08-16-2010, 12:06 AM
So was wondering who you guys thought would win the Sothwest division this year. The choices:

San Antonio Spurs
Houston Rockets
Memphis Grizzlies
New Orleans Hornets
Dallas Mavericks

TOUGH division...even Memphis was around .500 last year.

Gotta go with the Mavs though...this division could very well have 4 playoff teams next year

8FOR!3
08-16-2010, 12:07 AM
San Antonio Spurs
Houston Rockets
Dallas Mavericks
Memphis Grizzlies
New Orleans Hornets

I see the top three and the bottom two being throw ups though.

redzero
08-16-2010, 12:11 AM
Mavericks win the division. Playoffs are a different story.

Giuseppe
08-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Shove 'em all, the whole kit & fuckin' kaboodle into a gigantic burlap sack, stick yer ass scratcher in and whatever you pull out, will make nary a diff.

BRHornet45
08-16-2010, 12:15 AM
New Orleans
Houston
San Antonio
Memphis
Dallas

TheRealCB
08-16-2010, 02:07 AM
Mavericks win the division. Playoffs are a different story.

How do you know that?

redzero
08-16-2010, 02:10 AM
How do you know that?

Know what?

TheRealCB
08-16-2010, 02:24 AM
Know what?

About the play-offs son.It's not like you've been there 10 times in the last 10 years or something...

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-16-2010, 02:30 AM
About the play-offs son.It's not like you've been there 10 times in the last 10 years or something...

LOL. Gotta give dap to my fellow Mavs fan on that one lol.

redzero
08-16-2010, 02:35 AM

I doubt anybody here has been in the playoffs ten times in the last ten years.

And what do you think will happen in the playoffs?

TheRealCB
08-16-2010, 02:36 AM
I doubt anybody here has been in the playoffs ten times in the last ten years.

And what do you think will happen in the playoffs?

New Orleans won't make them.

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-16-2010, 02:37 AM
Really???Hornet fan talking trash?? Have one good season in 08 and then have become ...........well.......the Hornets again

redzero
08-16-2010, 02:39 AM
Really? I'm talking trash? How?

I still haven't gotten an answer. What will the Mavericks do in the playoffs? I want to know what Mavericks fans think.

TheRealCB
08-16-2010, 02:41 AM
Really? I'm talking trash? How?

I still haven't gotten an answer. What will the Mavericks do in the playoffs? I want to know what Mavericks fans think.

They will be there,that's a given..Can you tell that about your Hornets?

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-16-2010, 02:41 AM
Say I say "the Mavs I think will get to the western confernce finals". You will reply back with some lame "look at what the Hornets did in 08", or " The Mavs are chokers, they can't even get out of the first round".

redzero
08-16-2010, 02:44 AM
They will be there,that's a given..Can you tell that about your Hornets?

No, I can't say that the Hornets will be in the playoffs.

But it's kind of sad that you're getting on my case for allegedly criticizing your team, when you don't even have enough confidence to say that they will even make it to the second round.

Say I say "the Mavs I think will get to the western confernce finals". You will reply back with some lame "look at what the Hornets did in 08", or " The Mavs are chokers, they can't even get out of the first round".

Do you think the Mavs will get to the conference finals?

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-16-2010, 02:46 AM
Hell yeah I believe the Mavs will get to the conference finals. And I don't know where you get that we don't have confidence in our team at??

redzero
08-16-2010, 02:48 AM
Hell yeah I believe the Mavs will get to the conference finals. And I don't know where you get that we don't have confidence in our team at??

My question was directed towards both of you. You took offense to what I posted, but I had to ask you repeatedly how far you thought your team would go in the playoffs.

BRHornet45
08-16-2010, 02:49 AM
how much is the salary of a cab driver?

baseline bum
08-16-2010, 02:49 AM

Gotta go with the Mavs though...this division could very well have 4 playoff teams next year

It's a pretty middle-heavy division though. No team in it has any kind of realistic shot at a title. I think Splitter and a healthy Parker will be enough to swing the division the Spurs way, but without a capable perimeter defender any potential matchup with LA, much less Miami, will be a nightmare.

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-16-2010, 02:50 AM
I took it as if u were taking a shot , but I misunderstood. Thought u were BRHORNET45

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-16-2010, 02:52 AM
Here he is!!!! Mr. Dyke Taurasi... Glad you could chime in with your "Hornets gunna win 55, and weeeeeeee staaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccckkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeddddddd dd"

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-16-2010, 02:55 AM
It's a pretty middle-heavy division though. No team in it has any kind of realistic shot at a title. I think Splitter and a healthy Parker will be enough to swing the division the Spurs way, but without a capable perimeter defender any potential matchup with LA, much less Miami, will be a nightmare.

Agreed, the Spurs don't have any realistic shot at a title. But who knows maybe the Mavs and Spurs meet again and Rick gives u the series again

BRHornet45
08-16-2010, 02:56 AM
bitch you keep bringing Diana into this and I'm gonna beat you into an oblivion and then bust my load all over your face. stop it. just STOP it. come at me bro! leave Diana out of it

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-16-2010, 03:00 AM
fuck that horseface wop and u SON

BRHornet45
08-16-2010, 03:02 AM
son I pray for you and your family. you are a very hateful, mean spirited individual.

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-16-2010, 03:05 AM
actual BRHORNET45 quote:

"SONS I want Diana Taurasi to have my babies" Can u imagine and spook an a dyke?????

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-16-2010, 03:07 AM
Anyways back to the thread, good debate and thanx for your votes in the poll.

The Franchise
08-16-2010, 03:20 AM
The Rockets will win the Southwest division. Doubt all you want, but it will be clear by the allstar break. Quote me on this.

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-16-2010, 03:47 AM
The Rockets will win the Southwest division. Doubt all you want, but it will be clear by the allstar break. Quote me on this.

What do you gotta lose right? Rockets suck anyway so if they somehow win the division(I'd put my money on Greg Oden being healthy before this) you look like a genius, or if they finish 3rd or 4th nobody will remember you for making this idiotic prediction. Nice prediction

The Batman
08-16-2010, 09:22 AM
bitch you keep bringing Diana into this and I'm gonna beat you into an oblivion and then bust my load all over your face. stop it. just STOP it. come at me bro! leave Diana out of it

What happened to you son? You used to be one of the best posters on here, now you have resorted to falling in love with dykes, and having he sudden urge to blow your load on another man's face. If you want to do that, just bust on Diana's, close enough to a man for you

Ashy Larry
08-16-2010, 09:38 AM
New Orleans
Houston
San Antonio
Memphis
Dallas

Now bet your child's life on that prediction and I bet those teams would be rearranged.

lol

The Franchise
08-16-2010, 10:27 AM
What do you gotta lose right? Rockets suck anyway so if they somehow win the division(I'd put my money on Greg Oden being healthy before this) you look like a genius, or if they finish 3rd or 4th nobody will remember you for making this idiotic prediction. Nice prediction

The only advantage your team has over us is Dirk, but everything other position is heavily slanted in our favor. We have better shooters, are more athletic, have a better inside game, have better slashers, are much younger and have a much better bench, yet somehow we can't possibly beat you guys for the division? Is your mind still living in 2008? Wake up to 2010 and remember you were warned. :lol

Supergirl
08-16-2010, 10:46 AM
I think the SW division will be pretty weak for the first time in maybe a decade, and that should help the Spurs.

Spurs will win the division, followed by the Mavs and then the Rockets.

Henke
08-16-2010, 10:59 AM
I can't understand at all Rocket fan confidence about next season.
You guys are really deep but your 2 best players are huge injury prones.

If you think that Brad fucking Miller is still solid and a reliable option in the middle,you're living in a dream.Dude is garbage and a 12-15 mins player.

Without Yao,Rockets' ceiling is 45-47 wins.
With him I can see them winning the division,but sorry,I can't put my money on Yao staying healthy.

My opinion:
Dallas
SA
Houston
New Orleans
Memphis

This is wishful thinking though,unfortunately I'm not that confident about my team winning the division again.:depressed

TheRealCB
08-16-2010, 12:09 PM
The only advantage your team has over us is Dirk, but everything other position is heavily slanted in our favor. We have better shooters, are more athletic, have a better inside game, have better slashers, are much younger and have a much better bench, yet somehow we can't possibly beat you guys for the division? Is your mind still living in 2008? Wake up to 2010 and remember you were warned. :lol

Beaubois>Brooks and Butler>Martin everyday of the week..Terry is better than anything you have off the bench,and Marion kicks Budinger's/Battier's ass so much that it's not even funny..

Yao won't play 40 games and it's sad:depressed

Drachen
08-16-2010, 12:19 PM

I remember someone posted a tweet from John Hollinger last year that said something to the effect of "Just checked the standings and was surprised to see that there are more teams above .500 in the southwest division (5) than in the entire eastern conference (4)."

Hornets1
08-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Mavs
Spurs
Hornets
Rockets
Grizz

Rockets are the sleeper in the division, no doubt. Any adleman coached team always has a chance.

BTW, who the fuck is this #41 shoot em up? I would rather ghazi to this butthurt homer.

BR?!!! You gunna be in the dome Sept. 9th?

Hornets1
08-16-2010, 12:54 PM
I remember someone posted a tweet from John Hollinger last year that said something to the effect of "Just checked the standings and was surprised to see that there are more teams above .500 in the southwest division (5) than in the entire eastern conference (4)."

Yeah, i remember that. The Hornets or Grizz were 5th in the division and had a better record than the east's 5 seed.

The Franchise
08-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Beaubois>Brooks :lmao and Butler>Martin :rollin:lmao:lol everyday of the week..Terry is better than anything you have off the bench:lmao:lmao,and Marion kicks Budinger's/Battier's ass so much thatit's not even funny..:lol:rollin:rollin:lmao

Yao won't play 40 games and it's sad:depressed

There's a whole lot of funny in this post.

rjv
08-16-2010, 02:04 PM
too bad i'm way past caring about just division titles

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-16-2010, 04:09 PM
What happened to you son? You used to be one of the best posters on here, now you have resorted to falling in love with dykes, and having he sudden urge to blow your load on another man's face. If you want to do that, just bust on Diana's, close enough to a man for you

HAHAHAHAHHAHA. Funniest thing i've read in awhile

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Mavs
Spurs
Hornets
Rockets
Grizz

Rockets are the sleeper in the division, no doubt. Any adleman coached team always has a chance.

BTW, who the fuck is this #41 shoot em up? I would rather ghazi to this butthurt homer.

BR?!!! You gunna be in the dome Sept. 9th?

I'm your daddy, and BR and U are my new orleans scum whipping boys.

ezau
08-17-2010, 06:58 AM
Mmmm, I see the Mavs winning this one, followed by either Spurs or Grizzlies. I really think those young guys from Memphis are going to make the same impact that the Thunder made this year.

Hornets1
08-17-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm your daddy, and BR and U are my new orleans scum whipping boys.

No, I actually know my daddy. Who are you? Other than a douce, that is.