PDA

View Full Version : VRWC News: 40 percent of CATO funding comes from big oil.

boutons_deux
08-16-2010, 10:23 AM
http://thinkprogress.org/2010/08/16/oil-fueled-pat-michaels/

Libertarian indeed, as long as taxes are cut, corps and capitalists are enriched and protected, and the lower 95% are fucked.

Parker2112
08-16-2010, 10:37 AM
it seems every major political effort has been and will continue to be hijacked by corporate greed. its not exclusive to any party though.

boutons_deux
08-16-2010, 11:18 AM
There's nothing in the center or left of center that compares with VRWC.

Parker2112
08-16-2010, 11:27 AM
the politicians on both sides of the isle have very similar shortcomings.

maybe at its most obvious, the point of the VRWC is $...but even though progress may be the aim of the left, $ is not precluded from corrupting this segment of political thought.

everyone has a price, and unfortunately we have those in our society who can pay it, whatever the price may be.

boutons_deux
08-16-2010, 11:34 AM
As always, I'm not absolving or a fan of the Dems, nor any the the DC whores.

I repeat:

"There's nothing in the center or left of center that compares with VRWC."

Parker2112
08-16-2010, 11:41 AM
As always, I'm not absolving or a fan of the Dems, nor any the the DC whores.

I repeat:

"There's nothing in the center or left of center that compares with VRWC."

I agree, I think the issue of influencing public opinion is more critical with conservatives, as they have more to lose. IMO, This is what has led them to dishonest means, and the size of the VRWC machine says a lot about what is at stake as well.

but I will say that progressives have also established coordinated efforts...in the media, political arena and in academia. they are just not as far advanced as the efforts on the right

boutons_deux
08-16-2010, 12:55 PM
More VRWC news.

Tea baggers oppose net neutrality (because that's what the corps that rouse their rabble want them to do). The corps oppose net neutrality because they want to "monetize" Internet where they can't now.

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/08/16/tea-party-groups-come-out-against-net-neutrality/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=alternet#

Marcus Bryant
08-16-2010, 10:13 PM
OMG there's a "repug" watching me now!

Wild Cobra
08-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Are you sure you two aren't engaged?