PDA

View Full Version : Melo, Tony Parker and Amare: The next big 3?

LeHeat_Dynasty
08-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Carmelo Anthony and the Nuggets are heading to an inevitable split, according to sources.
Anthony is weighing whether to sign a three-year, $65 million extension offered by the Nuggets, but his dilemma is deciding the best way to move on from his time in Denver.
Anthony could agree to an extension under the premise that the Nuggets will trade him, or he can leave the franchise next summer as a free agent.
In either case, "he's going to make it real clear that he's not coming back," said one league source.
Anthony's agent, Leon Rose, could not be reached for comment and the Nuggets declined to comment.

There has been rumors that Melo & Tony Parker wants to play in NY next year because of their wives connections in the Big City, and I believe this time around the Knicks can actually get two major pieces before this years tradeline or next offseason to play alongside Amare.

They have a large expiring contract in Eddy Curry, and they also have a whole lot of expiring contracts from a good crop of young talents they can package (Azubuike, Gallinari, Anthony Randolph & Ronny Turiaf comes to mind)

I'm really excited about the prospect of having these players play on one team. That New York-Miam Heat rivalry is going to be off the charts.

HarlemHeat37
08-16-2010, 06:16 PM
They wouldn't be comparable to the Heat IMO, but it would be great for NY, so I welcome it..it would also be good to have Tony Parker playing for NY if he leaves San Antonio, so I would still get to see him play all the time..

Xevious
08-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Melo, Tony, and Amare teamed up with D'Antoni would be the worst defensive team in history.

Indazone
08-16-2010, 08:15 PM
That Knicks team would be pretty good on offense. Even better than the old Phoenix Suns with CP3 running the point and two bigs down low in Stoudamire and Melo. That's a better combo than Nash running the point with Stoudamire and Marion.

Henke
08-16-2010, 08:38 PM
That Knicks team would be pretty good on offense. Even better than the old Phoenix Suns with CP3 running the point and two bigs down low in Stoudamire and Melo. That's a better combo than Nash running the point with Stoudamire and Marion.

LOL,read the thread title again,nobody talks about Paul.

LBJ-Wade-Bosh>>>>>>>>>>Amar'e-Anthony-Parker

Quit Hatin'
08-16-2010, 09:22 PM
paul-melo-amare sounds a lot better.

Quit Hatin'

Halberto
08-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Parker in D'Antoni's fast-paced offense would be lethal.

usdane
08-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Beyond the Knicks 3 vs Heat 3. The Knicks would be much deeper and better. This would naturally depend on who they would have to give up in a trade.

I think the Knicks are a playoff team right now.

EIC
08-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Beyond the Knicks 3 vs Heat 3. The Knicks would be much deeper and better. This would naturally depend on who they would have to give up in a trade.

I think the Knicks are a playoff team right now.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Hooks
08-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Ain't nobody in NY gonna stop Parker from playing for his NT, he's gonna suck it up like he did last year should he play for his NT.

Without Parker at full strength that team wouldn't get far with a weak ass defense.

Mark in Austin
08-17-2010, 10:41 AM
The Knicks can't afford all three unless they get one or both to take a lot less than the max or get Den or SA to agree to a sign and trade that includes Felton. Realistically I think at best, they'll get either Anthony or Parker. To get both they would need to renounce the rights to everybody they can next year, and would still need Parker & Anthony to agree to starting salaries in the $13M range. The team would be

Stoudamire
Anthony
Parker
Felton
Turiaf (assuming he picks up his option)
Mozgov
Walker
+ min salary add ons.

Unless SA or Denver think adding Felton + Galinari & Randolph would be worth doing a S&T. But because of NY's salary structure the players have a lot less leverage to force a S&T than Bosh and James had this summer.

sefant77
08-17-2010, 01:46 PM
http://shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/knicks.jsp

2011: Offering Anthony max or near max contract
2012: Depending on Anthonys contract and the salary cap and cap holds and new CBA they probably could offer Paul something near the "new CBA" max...

Depending on the Nuggets season start i could see a deadline trade Curry+Gali+AR for Anthony.

And depending if they could work out a Trade for Anthony they could also go for Parker in 2011 and give him 9-10 million starting...

hitmanyr2k
08-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Parker, Melo and Amare are three shoot-first need-the-ball to be effective mediocre defensive type players. Yeah, that'll work.

poop
08-17-2010, 04:52 PM
they will put up 130 points per game :wow

and give up 132

ezzizle
08-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Not sure if Parker would leave SA however.

21_Blessings
08-18-2010, 12:41 AM
It's not like Tony Parker is any good.

SouthTexasRancher
08-18-2010, 12:49 AM
Melo, Tony, and Amare teamed up with D'Antoni would be the worst defensive team in history.

:tu

crc21209
08-18-2010, 12:51 AM
It's not like Tony Parker is any good.

:rolleyes

Flo-Rida
08-18-2010, 12:56 AM
Carmelo the chucker going to the kings of chucking ? ... should be good .

NASHville
08-18-2010, 04:33 AM
It all depends on what Eva wants.

mountainballer
08-18-2010, 05:49 AM
http://shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/knicks.jsp

2011: Offering Anthony max or near max contract
2012: Depending on Anthonys contract and the salary cap and cap holds and new CBA they probably could offer Paul something near the "new CBA" max...

Depending on the Nuggets season start i could see a deadline trade Curry+Gali+AR for Anthony.

And depending if they could work out a Trade for Anthony they could also go for Parker in 2011 and give him 9-10 million starting...

not impossible but highly unlikely IMO. they might clear enough cap space in 2011 to offer Melo close to the max. (means also they sacrifice Chandler), but never ever the new CBA will allow to sign Paul as a FA for a max contract. (likely the new cap rules will reduce that possibility. max contract numbers might go down, but so will the cap)

if they can pull the trade for Melo right now or at deadline, (there is a good chance IMO), they won't be able to extend Melo's contract and still have the cap space to offer Tony the mentioned salary. even if they dump all young talents, they can't clear more than the MLE would be. they would need some dump moves to get rid of Turiaf and Felton, would cost them some more of their young talents. but Tony isn't worth to totally dismantle the core.
if there is a small chance, it's something like a double S&T with Chandler, if he turns into a star this season and Spurs believe he is worth a big contract.
(or a S&T for a Felton+Anthony package, if Anthony wasn't already used in the Melo trade)

mountainballer
08-18-2010, 08:52 AM
btw. just one other thought:

all people now focus on Melo and the Knicks.
but what if it's not the Knicks, but the Nets, who are playing their cards?

Nets could offer the better package if it's Murphy plus Favors plus a 1st round pick 2011.
(compared to the mentioned Knicks package of Gallinari plus Curry plus 2014 1st round pick)
and the story that Brookly boy Carmelo leads the Nets back to Brookly also does have some flavour.
Melo himself would probably get the better team immediately. playing alongside Amare looks nice on paper, but I'm absolutely not sure this will work well (especially on defense) and I think Melo knows this. playing with Lopez would open Melo probably more options than playing with Amare. and while Harris wasn't good last season, he is for sure a better PG than Felton.

add the Prokhorov factor (point for for La La) and you get a nice package.

btw. I was confused why the Nets acquired Murphy, if not for the chance to use his contract in a bigger deal. if that was the big plan, it makes a lot of sense.

TheManFromAcme
08-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Melo, Amare and Tony will be a guaranteed ECF trip for NY every year.......

hater
08-18-2010, 12:50 PM
LMAO

Amare needs a passing PG that spoonfeeds him the ball. Good luck trying that with ballhog Parker.

and Melo in between those 2?

that's a frankenstein experiment

boutons_deux
08-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Anybody got news about George Karl?