PDA

View Full Version : Mel Gibson crashes Maserati into hill

phyzik
08-16-2010, 06:47 PM
This is just not his year. :lmao

Police: Mel Gibson was 'a gentleman' after Malibu crash

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/08/16/mel.gibson.crash/index.html?hpt=T2

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Mel Gibson crashed his 2008 Maserati into a rocky Malibu hillside Sunday night, but the actor was unhurt, according to a California Highway Patrol spokesman.

Alcohol is not suspected in the wreck on Malibu Canyon Road, which the investigator concluded was "non-intentional," CHP Officer Leland Tang said.

"At that location and on that road, it could have happened to anybody," Tang said.

"For unknown reasons, Mr. Gibson steered his car to the right and struck the rock hillside," the police news release said.

Gibson, who is in a bitter child custody dispute with his ex-girlfriend, is the target of celeb photographers. Gibson publicist Alan Nierob, asked if the paparazzi might have been a factor in the accident, said, "Not that I'm aware of."

The CHP spokesman said the actor made it out of the crash with "no injuries, not even a scratch." He theorized Gibson must have been wearing his seat belt.

"He's OK," Nierob said.

When Gibson was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence in Malibu four years ago, he became belligerent with Los Angeles sheriff's deputies. He was given three years probation after entering a no-contest plea to a charge of drunken driving.

He later admitted making anti-Semitic remarks during his arrest and apologized, saying the comments were "blurted out in a moment of insanity."

Gibson "was extremely cooperative, he was a gentlemen" after Sunday's wreck, Tang said.

His damaged car was towed away and Gibson rode home with a friend, according to the police report.

CNN's Denise Quan contributed to this report.

TE
08-17-2010, 07:35 AM
freaking idiot .

tp2021
08-17-2010, 07:47 AM
I wish my name was Leland Tang.

Bastian
08-17-2010, 08:22 AM
maybe riggs really is crazy.

Lo_G6aq7NEs

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Sure, Gibson was a gentleman. I think at this point his reputation is so messed up that this will lead to an investigation where we find out that Tang thinks Jews start all the wars.

bigzak25
08-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Lethal Weapon 1 is one of the best movies ever...just saw it again last week on tv.

As for Mel, this is just another case of him going through life too fast.

When he learns to slow down, in every thing he does, he will be a better man.

boutons_deux
08-17-2010, 09:28 AM
"he was a gentlemen"

That this was even stated, that the officer felt it was of interest to menition it, shows it was an exception to the rule.

08-17-2010, 09:57 AM
So, his Maserati no longer goes 185?

CubanSucks
08-17-2010, 03:27 PM
maybe riggs really is crazy.

Lo_G6aq7NEs

Damn I miss Mad TV. For the short time they were on they were 10X better than SNL

resistanze
08-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Damn I miss Mad TV. For the short time they were on they were 10X better than SNL

Agreed.

Will Sasso, Nicole Suvillan, Phil LaMarr, Debora Wilson, Alex Borstein, Mo Collins, Michael McDonald, Aries Spears.

CubanSucks
08-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Michael McDonald was the fuckin king of Mad TV. I'm pretty sure he was a cast member from start to finish