PDA

View Full Version : Bowen finally shooting again

nkdlunch
05-18-2005, 02:40 PM
I was happy to see Bowen finally shoot a few and make some. I didn't see game 4 but games 1-3 he just passed on every shot like he was scared. Let's hope he keeps it up, cause I hate when he passes on the open shot, it's just detrimental to our already "weak" offense.

spur219
05-18-2005, 03:03 PM
I said if he hits a corner 3 early then the Spurs will win. Well he hit an corner 3 pointer early and they won.

timvp
05-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Bowen wasn't really playing scared earlier. He was just trying to pumpfake and then go inside and shoot a mid-range jumper. Luckily, he forgot about that and just started shooting threes again. Even contested threes.

Props.

grjr
05-18-2005, 07:51 PM
I was just thinking about this the other day. Bruce is a good shooter and doesn't even realize it. WHen you consider how few lay-ups he took and still shot 42% for the year I think that's pretty impressive.

Why is it that most players on the Spurs when they miss their first 3-point attempt will stop taking them? Instead they do the "upfake, drive into traffic, throw it to someone for a contested 20 footer" routine. Does Pop yell at them every time they miss ONE shot? Horry seems to be the only one who will give it a few tries before going into the "routine".

Shooting for the Spurs seems to be very contagious; both from the field and the free throw line. It's like they have a severe confidence problem; a 'beaten into submission" attitude. If it's something that Pop does that causes this then I wish he would stop.

TurnNiggazDreams2Flames
05-18-2005, 07:53 PM
I Love when bowen shoots the corner three. it stretches the defense and gives tim a great option if he is double teamed

timvp
05-18-2005, 08:00 PM
I was just thinking about this the other day. Bruce is a good shooter and doesn't even realize it. WHen you consider how few lay-ups he took and still shot 42% for the year I think that's pretty impressive.

Why is it that most players on the Spurs when they miss their first 3-point attempt will stop taking them? Instead they do the "upfake, drive into traffic, throw it to someone for a contested 20 footer" routine. Does Pop yell at them every time they miss ONE shot? Horry seems to be the only one who will give it a few tries before going into the "routine".

Shooting for the Spurs seems to be very contagious; both from the field and the free throw line. It's like they have a severe confidence problem; a 'beaten into submission" attitude. If it's something that Pop does that causes this then I wish he would stop.

I doubt it's anything Pop does. It's just the type of players on the Spurs. For the most part, they are passive. Outside of Horry and Manu, what players on the team always seem confident in their abilities?

If the team was full of aggressive players who were always confident (Stephen Jackson, Sam Cassell, Mario Elie, Vernon Maxwell, Reggie Miller, Kobe Bryant, etc.), it'd be a different story.