PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite spur of all-time?

Nathan89
08-17-2010, 12:04 AM
Who is your favorite spurs player of all-time?

My favorite spurs player ever is manu ginobili. He may be a inconsistent in some statistical categories but his effort is always consistent at 100%. He does everything he can to win the game. I hate players that wont take a long shot at the end of the quarter(michael finley) and ginobili always puts the shot up. Besides the effort his play on the court is some of the most entertaining basketball in the history of the game. Who else in the league has charles barkley yelling their name out? No one. Jeff Van Gundy has repeatedly mentioned how much he enjoys watching ginobili play. This guy is a one time all-star yet so many people love watching him play. I have found myself over the years just wanting to see ginobili on the court over any of the other spurs players. It's just more entertaining because at any point in the game he could just amaze you. He has consistently made me say "wow" and many other things in amazement. Like that dive for the ball perfect pass to g.hill at the end of that thunder game last year. That amazing behind the back in traffic pass to blair last year was incredible. That is just a couple of the many from last year. I hope he is healthy and ready to go from the start this year.

koriwhat
08-17-2010, 12:07 AM
in order... duncan, manu, & robinson.

duncan for being a class act and brining the LOBs to town.
manu for his heart and never ever giving up.
robinson for his heart, his character and his off court humanitarian efforts.

8FOR!3
08-17-2010, 12:11 AM
Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili. Then there's guys like Robert Horry and Steve Kerr that I was always big fans of growing up. Shane Heal is definitely someone I liked a lot when he played on the Spurs, excited every time he got put in the game (not very often.) Sean Marks was one of my favorites too when he was with us.

Chomag
08-17-2010, 12:15 AM
Sean Elliott has allways been my favorite Spur.

Nathan89
08-17-2010, 12:18 AM
Manu. Mainly because he is so exciting to watch and he is such a nice guy. Every time I see him and he sees me he comes up and says hi, talks for a moment. Only other Spurs that did that were Robert Horry and Matt Bonner, but they are/were not as fun to watch.

Coming in second is Ice. Ice is one of the nicest laid back guys I know. Really fun to have conversations with and I always enjoy talking to him. David Robinson is third because he is such a class act.

Undercover:pop:. Next time you play poker with manu and horry, invite me.

AVman
08-17-2010, 12:21 AM
in order

manu ( my favorite overall player of all time)

duncan
parker
;)

ChuckD
08-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Probably Bowen, because he had a thimbleful of talent, but a heart the size of an SUV. There was a long period where there was no one in the league that worked harder or played harder than Bruce.

spizzle_tronk
08-17-2010, 12:29 AM
either tim kempton or zarko paspalj.

Silver&Black
08-17-2010, 12:30 AM
#1 The Admiral (the reason I'm a Spurs fan period)
#2 TIMMY
#3 Manu

ajh18
08-17-2010, 12:39 AM
1. David Robinson - Not even close, he represents everything good about the Spurs organization. The only player who would get my loyalty even over the team itself, because what he stands for transcends the game.

2a & 2b. Tim and Manu - Great people, great winners.

SpurCharger
08-17-2010, 12:50 AM
1. David Robinson
2. Tim Duncan
3. Sean Elliott
4. Manu Ginobili
5. Tony Parker

baseline bum
08-17-2010, 12:54 AM
1) Duncan
2) Robinson
3) Bowen

Sentimental favorite: Gilmore

DrSteffo
08-17-2010, 05:35 AM
Sean was my fav Spur back then and now it's Manu.

admiralsnackbar
08-17-2010, 06:37 AM
Probably Bowen, because he had a thimbleful of talent, but a heart the size of an SUV. There was a long period where there was no one in the league that worked harder or played harder than Bruce.

Couldn't have said it better.

There's no question that we've fielded more talented players over the years, but Bruce became emblematic of everything I thought the Spurs were about. I'd honestly hang his jersey even though he wasn't a "star."

bigzak25
08-17-2010, 06:53 AM
Malik Rose

ezau
08-17-2010, 07:31 AM
Manu, Duncan, and Bowen

TIMMYD!
08-17-2010, 07:58 AM
The guy in my sig, username and avatar first. Coming in second place is Manu and third is D-Rob.

Chieflion
08-17-2010, 08:05 AM
The guy in my sig, username and avatar first. Coming in second place is Manu and third is D-Rob.

I will co-sign on that. I love Sean too for the crap he says on broadcast. It is plain homerism and sometimes borderline crazy.

bus driver
08-17-2010, 08:24 AM
1. Action Jackson
1.5. Manu
2. David
3. Sean
4. Tim
5. Parker

TIMMYD!
08-17-2010, 08:26 AM
I will co-sign on that. I love Sean too for the crap he says on broadcast. It is plain homerism and sometimes borderline crazy.

+1 on Sean, it might be complete homerism but it's incredibly entertaining.

my2sons
08-17-2010, 10:56 AM
james silas
david robinson
manu
george gervin
timmy

lefty
08-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Manu

TD and Rob are just scrubs

coyotes_geek
08-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Elliott, then Manu.

elemento
08-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Bowen

DesignatedT
08-17-2010, 12:37 PM
1.Duncan
2.Robinson
3.Manu
4.Elliott
5.Tony

Mark in Austin
08-17-2010, 02:33 PM
1. Duncan
2. Bowen
3. Manu
4. Robinson
5. Elliott

Spurs Brazil
08-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Tim Duncan

blkroadrunners
08-17-2010, 03:00 PM
1. Tim Duncan
1. Manu Ginobili
3. David Robinson
4. Bruce Bowen
5. Devin Brown
5. George Hill

TMTTRIO
08-17-2010, 03:21 PM
1. Robinson
2. Tim/Manu
3. Elliott
4. Bruce
5. Horry
6. Tony
7. Malik Rose
8. Kevin Willis
9. Steve Kerr

ThaBigFundamental21
08-17-2010, 06:59 PM
1. Tim Duncan
2. David Robinson
3. Manu

I'll leave with this comment, never really cared for Parker. I like the guy, but never have been able to really embrace him. The 2003 playoffs stick out when he was benched for SPEEDY CLAXTON. I know he was young then, but to this day he doesn't play D, and is so inconsistent. Some games his scoring is incredible to watch, other games I am ready to kill him. Not to mention he is a PG who can't pass. And our offense becomes stagnant with him running the show. Now I hear he wants to go to NY, good bye and good riddance. We will get a great piece for your expiring contract.

timtonymanu
08-17-2010, 07:12 PM
1. Tim
2. Bruce
3. Manu
4. DRob
5. George Hill
6. Iceman
7. Tony
8. Robert Horry
9. Sean Elliott
10. SJax

HarlemHeat37
08-17-2010, 07:18 PM
1. Tim Duncan..
2. David Robinson..
3. Bruce Bowen..
4. Tony Parker..
5. Manu Ginobili..
6. Robert Horry..
7. Sean Elliott..

Leonard Curse
08-17-2010, 07:39 PM
ok it s difficult because i really like timmy but i heard hes not a people person and the first thing hes doing is leaving san antonio when he retires its almost like hes too damn professional about it hahaha

so my favorite spur is MANU GINOBILI the drive that this guy has is amazing he fears no one and plays better against superstars i mean this is the first spur i can relate to as i could see myself as him (you know dark hair light skin brown eyes while instilling fear in opponents eyes) and when i say relate i mean i adored D robinson/duncan but hes african american and i loved delnegro but he was super italian and im a halfer anyway manu just relates to us mexicans who have alot of heart and use it in almost everything they do thats why i love MANU

now i know it sounds kinda lame but manu is a beast out there!!

TheAdmiral#50
08-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Robinson
Duncan
Elliott

:worthy:

Libri
08-17-2010, 07:48 PM
1. Tim Duncan
2. David Robinson

Interesting how AJ is in the rafters and still no one has listed him as a favorite player. lol

Nathan89
08-17-2010, 07:57 PM
ok it s difficult because i really like timmy but i heard hes not a people person and the first thing hes doing is leaving san antonio when he retires its almost like hes too damn professional about it hahaha

so my favorite spur is MANU GINOBILI the drive that this guy has is amazing he fears no one and plays better against superstars i mean this is the first spur i can relate to as i could see myself as him (you know dark hair light skin brown eyes while instilling fear in opponents eyes) and when i say relate i mean i adored D robinson/duncan but hes african american and i loved delnegro but he was super italian and im a halfer anyway manu just relates to us mexicans who have alot of heart and use it in almost everything they do thats why i love MANU

now i know it sounds kinda lame but manu is a beast out there!!

I like how you put the mexican on the pedestal. I guess that is okay as long as white people do not make a comment like this.

Nathan89
08-17-2010, 07:59 PM
1. Tim Duncan
2. David Robinson

Interesting how AJ is in the rafters and still no one has listed him as a favorite player. lol

Maybe he shouldn't be in the rafters.

Nathan89
08-17-2010, 08:01 PM
1. Tim Duncan
2. David Robinson
3. Manu

I'll leave with this comment, never really cared for Parker. I like the guy, but never have been able to really embrace him. The 2003 playoffs stick out when he was benched for SPEEDY CLAXTON. I know he was young then, but to this day he doesn't play D, and is so inconsistent. Some games his scoring is incredible to watch, other games I am ready to kill him. Not to mention he is a PG who can't pass. And our offense becomes stagnant with him running the show. Now I hear he wants to go to NY, good bye and good riddance. We will get a great piece for your expiring contract.

I always disliked parker for his inability to knock down the open jumper. His defender could always space him so much that it made things difficult on the other guys.

Libri
08-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Maybe he shouldn't be in the rafters.

IMO, he shouldn't.

SenorSpur
08-17-2010, 08:13 PM
1. David Robinson - Most athletic and physically dominant Spurs player. Best defensive player in club history. Franchise savior.
2. George Gervin - Most prolific scorer in Spurs history. Unstoppable.
3. Tim Duncan - Greatest PF of all-time and best Spurs player ever. No TD - no championships
4. Manu Ginobili - Most fierce and clutch competitor this side of Kobe
5. James Silas - THE best PG in Spurs history. 2nd in ABA MVP balloting, behind Julius Erving, in the final year of ABA.

6. Sean Elliott - Superior offensive player, superb defender, great compliment to D-Rob
7. Larry Kenon - Terrific PF during late 70's Spurs teams. A 20-10 machine. Still holds NBA single-game steals record (11)
8. Artis Gilmore - The Spurs best answer to Kareem - on both ends. Strongest and most dominant player of his era. All-time NBA leader in FG%
9. Alvin Robertson - Defensive demon and arguably best all-around player in Spurs history. 4-time all star. DPOY in '86. 1 of 4 players to record quad-double.
10. Tony Parker - French speedster, who became feared offensive weapon, in the Spurs drive toward 3 titles. One man fast-break. Quickest PG in the game.

rogcl1
08-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Modern times
1. Manu
2.Tie-Duncan and Robinson

Old Timers-Silas and Gervin

DeadlyDynasty
08-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Past:

Ron Mercer
Dennis Rodman

Present:

Gary Neal

spizzle_tronk
08-17-2010, 09:59 PM
1. Terry Cummings
2. Rod Strickland
3. Ed Nealy
4. Frank Brickowski
5. Chuck Person

manu the best
08-17-2010, 10:44 PM
.. MANU GINOBILI .. i love everything about this player .. his heart, his respect for the game and other players, his sportsmanship, his the best all time player in the nba for me ..

MANU GINOBILI=:lobt2:

Thompson
08-17-2010, 11:25 PM
1. Robinson
2. Bowen
3. Duncan
4. Elliott
5. Ginobili

I haven't been a fan long enough to have watched Gervin, but I'm sure I would have liked him too.

LoneStarState'sPride
08-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Favorite Spurs of all time:
--Robinson
--Duncan
--Gervin
--Ginobili

Favorite Spurs Players of all Time:
--Ginobili
--Parker
--Duncan
--Steve Kerr

SequSpur
08-17-2010, 11:52 PM
David Robinson.

LoneStarState'sPride
08-17-2010, 11:53 PM
I always disliked parker for his inability to knock down the open jumper. His defender could always space him so much that it made things difficult on the other guys.

You obviously have missed Parker's play from, oh, 2006 or so. It's alright though--life gets in the way for us all sometimes. :downspin:

SequSpur
08-17-2010, 11:55 PM
you guys can't read it says PLAYER not PLAYERS!

greyforest
08-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Timmahhhhhhhhhhhhh

LoneStarState'sPride
08-18-2010, 12:04 AM
you guys can't read it says PLAYER not PLAYERS!

Re: Who is your favorite spur of all-time?

Where is this "player" of whom you speak? :lol

Nathan89
08-18-2010, 12:09 AM
You obviously have missed Parker's play from, oh, 2006 or so. It's alright though--life gets in the way for us all sometimes. :downspin:

I was mainly talking about the past in my comment. Lets just say that parker's game pissed me off at first so I never liked him as much as I should have(he is very talented).

I keep reading on this forum that parker's shot is reliable and that is bullsh*t. Parker's shot has improved drastically over the years but is still far from reliable. When I see rj+parker on the court I see two non-shooters so the defense can collapse.

howbouthemspurs
08-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Robinson, Duncan, Ginobili, parker, Elliott .............damn! just imagine that line up!

lebomb
08-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Tim

Old School 44
08-18-2010, 01:02 PM
George (the Iceman) Gervin!

For those of you who never got to see Ice play, you missed some crazy sh!t.
Mid range, long range, behind the backboard jumpers, crazy ball spins off the glass from all angles, double clutch layups (whatever happened to these) and my favorite the finger roll! Offensively, Ice had it all. IMO, at 6'7", he revolutionized the BIG 2 guard. I remember someone asking Magic Johnson who he liked to watch play and with a big smile and without hesitation he said, the ICEMAN!

spizzle_tronk
08-18-2010, 07:34 PM
monty williams
greg "cadillac" anderson
gaylon nickerson
dominique wilkins
reggie geary

AlleyOopNazi
08-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Duncan, Ginobili, Robinson, Elie, Gervin
Although Elie's career was ending in San Antonio I always admired his game in Houston as the Junkyard Dog.

barbacoataco
08-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Bruce Bowen is my favorite Spur. I always watched him on the court more than any other player. I remember once they were playing the Blazers and early in the game Roy was killing them, until they switched Bruce onto him. Then later in the game when Zach Randolph got hot, they used Bowen to shut him down. How many defenders can shut down Roy and Randolph, who are two totally different kind of players, in the same night?

Agloco
08-19-2010, 05:25 PM
http://www.interbasket.net/players/paspalj.jpg

rascal
08-19-2010, 05:59 PM

Bowen's game was ugly. One reason the spurs were considered boring to most NBA fans.

Cane
08-19-2010, 06:01 PM
David Robinson: phenomenal role model, player, and about as good of a mentor to Duncan that you can ask for.

rascal
08-19-2010, 06:02 PM
George (the Iceman) Gervin!

For those of you who never got to see Ice play, you missed some crazy sh!t.
Mid range, long range, behind the backboard jumpers, crazy ball spins off the glass from all angles, double clutch layups (whatever happened to these) and my favorite the finger roll! Offensively, Ice had it all. IMO, at 6'7", he revolutionized the BIG 2 guard. I remember someone asking Magic Johnson who he liked to watch play and with a big smile and without hesitation he said, the ICEMAN!

Gervin

Many here don't go back that far but the early Spur teams were much more fun to watch.

cornbread
08-19-2010, 06:04 PM
David Robinson.

rogcl1
08-19-2010, 06:37 PM
I was mainly talking about the past in my comment. Lets just say that parker's game pissed me off at first so I never liked him as much as I should have(he is very talented).

I keep reading on this forum that parker's shot is reliable and that is bullsh*t. Parker's shot has improved drastically over the years but is still far from reliable. When I see rj+parker on the court I see two non-shooters so the defense can collapse.

I agree. Consistent is not the word. Streaky perhaps.He has improved his shot a lot but it still has a couple of flaws (sometimes more than others)that in my opinion keep him from being a consistent shooter. Not bashing just stating my view. He obviously is a very talented player, but would be virtualy unstoppable with a consistent jumper that punished people for sagging off or going under screens.

gospursgojas
08-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Robinson, Duncan, Ginobili, parker, Elliott .............damn! just imagine that line up!

jax>elliott

Add him to ^^ lineup and you have the 03 champs :downspin:

GrandeDavid
08-19-2010, 07:27 PM
David Robinson.

Manu-of-steel
08-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Manu/TD, then DRob.

20beastie45
08-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Parker!

Nathan89
08-20-2010, 12:07 AM
Parker!

Terrible choice.

jimo2305
08-20-2010, 01:30 AM
I'd say Robinson..

he set the bar for the skill / attitude a spur has to bring to the game.. he's like the model spur basically IMO.. Gervin was too.. but i wasn't even alive when Gervin reigned..

i'd like to meet robinson sometime soon.. i like what he brings to the game but what makes me love him is his humbleness / humility.. he's a world class human being..

LakeShow
08-20-2010, 11:35 AM
1. George Gervin - the best player ever to put on a Spurs jersey.hen J

2. Alvin Robertson - solid player

3. Stephen Jackson - Loved his heart.

Least Liked players

1. Manu Ginobili - Pussy! Benefited from the Pussification of the NBA, otherwise known as the Globalization of the NBA. Got michael jordan treatment as the league promoted the Globalization with the spurs, the poster team at the time. Led with elbows and knees when attacking the rim and used 3 steps to get there.

2. Tim Duncan - Crybaby! A good player who left a legacy of being the biggest whiner on the court in NBA history.

jimo2305
08-20-2010, 12:20 PM

Least Liked players

1. Manu Ginobili - Pussy! Benefited from the Pussification of the NBA, otherwise known as the Globalization of the NBA. Got michael jordan treatment as the league promoted the Globalization with the spurs, the poster team at the time. Led with elbows and knees when attacking the rim and used 3 steps to get there.

2. Tim Duncan - Crybaby! A good player who left a legacy of being the biggest whiner on the court in NBA history.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/harrowlawl/obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

Lady M
08-20-2010, 12:32 PM
TP and i have gone with him if he left the Spurs
(more i read Spurstalk, more i want he's gone anywhere else SA)

Fernando TD21
08-20-2010, 10:55 PM
This. :toast

bigfan
08-20-2010, 11:13 PM
Our team has been blessed by some great guys but Id have to put David Robinson number one. One of the three greatest Spurs players but add to that a great citizen in the community. Dont forget he did a couple of years active duty before he ever got to play ball too. Tim has been the man for a long time now but David remains number one in my eyes.

Darkwaters
08-22-2010, 01:45 PM
In order...

Richard Jefferson
Beno Udrih
Matt Bonner
Vassilis Spanoulis
Sergei Karaulov

ohmwrecker
08-22-2010, 03:46 PM
I doubt I would be as big a Spurs fan as I am if not for David Robinson. Duncan solidified my fandom, but Manu is my favorite current player.

gospursgojas
08-23-2010, 12:59 AM
Lloyd Daniels

spurspokesman
08-26-2010, 11:09 AM
Couldn't have said it better.

There's no question that we've fielded more talented players over the years, but Bruce became emblematic of everything I thought the Spurs were about. I'd honestly hang his jersey even though he wasn't a "star."

1 robinson

2 duncan

3 bowen

J_Paco
08-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Tim Duncan - Only because I got to see the entirety of his career. I watched David's career beginning toward the 3rd or 4th season.

Honorable Mention: David Robinson

Juanobili
08-26-2010, 09:32 PM
1a. Duncan
1b. Ginobili
2. Robinson
3. Elliott

gilmor
08-27-2010, 01:53 AM
DRob.. then Duncan.. then Manu.. then Sean

rmt
08-27-2010, 02:18 AM
1. Duncan - because he brought the titles.
2. tie - Manu/Bruce

Manu - love his heart and passion. When he's on, he's greeeaaat!
Bruce - though he didn't have a lot of talent, he found his niche and worked hard - great role model for kids.

Never really been a fan of Parker's, but he's one tough cookie.

carina_gino20
08-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Manu

Then Tim and Bruce. I miss Bruce.

Venti Quattro
08-27-2010, 10:34 AM
horry, for obvious reasons

portnoy1
08-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Manu manu manu manu manu manu manu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SA210
08-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Bruce and Manu probably tie for favorite all-time, then D-Rob

Favorite active Spur, definitely Manu. :tu

slick'81
08-27-2010, 11:50 AM
for me its weird i tend to follow the team more than the individuals i tend to like players on the squad that arent that well known bench guys etc but i guess if i had to pick david robinson was the man

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Biggest contribution:
1. Robinson
2. Duncan
3. Gervin
4. Manu
5. Parker

They were just cool:
1. Elliott
2. Bowen
3. Jackson
4. Barry
5. Horry

I'm a youngin, so I don't know much about the oldies besides Gervin.

SourCandy
08-28-2010, 12:06 AM
:)

sean

Juanobili
08-28-2010, 05:23 PM
newcomers:
Blair
Hill
Splitter

kookie
08-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Ginooooblieeeeee! who else? Great player, enthusiasitc, nice moves - he is IN the game!

admiralsnackbar
08-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Bowen's game was ugly. One reason the spurs were considered boring to most NBA fans.

IMO the boring label was just a trope from our first few 4-down seasons that just perpetuated itself in the writing of dullard NBA beat writers even after we diversified our offense. As early as 2003 we had a squad that could play any kind of basketball, but nobody on the national scene who could be bothered to notice because our brand had become "the boring team."

Assuming you're right, however... I don't think Bowen's play was boring (at least defensively -- offensively he was mostly a catch-and-shooter like Fisher or any other role player) as much as he rendered opposing scorers boring. Nobody wanted to watch Spurs games because Bruce was there to set the defensive tone and make sure everybody on the other team understood they weren't going to get away with anything easy.

If that's boring, I'll take it. I thought it was thoroughly entertaining and I miss his effect on the whole team profoundly.

IronheadSpur
08-29-2010, 10:34 PM
No love for Avery? I'm shocked. I attended the first game he played in for the Spurs in 1989/90 after he signed a 10-day contract. He came in during scrub time and the whole crowd cheered for him. I remember him faking a swing pass, getting the whole defense to shift and then driving down the middle for a layup.

He was doubted the whole way, criticized by people everywhere for being too small, having no jumpshot, etc., ridiculed by Damon Stoudemire and others for not being a NBA-caliber point guard. He ignored all that and just played his game, hitting the game-winning shot that won the Spurs their first ever championship -- fittingly enough, on a jumpshot after the defense doubled away from him and dared him to shoot. He was the real leader in that locker room, too.

Avery is my favorite.

spizzle_tronk
09-05-2010, 02:38 PM
1. Mike Mitchell
2. Frank Brickowski
3. Caldwell Jones

Brazil
09-05-2010, 02:57 PM
DRob - I began to root for SA because of him
Tim
TP
Manu
Bruce

milkyway21
09-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Tim Duncan

ALVAREZ6
09-05-2010, 11:51 PM
BatManu Ginobili

ALVAREZ6
09-05-2010, 11:59 PM

Least Liked players

lol this is funny

And honestly I'm tired of the 3 steps thing. That type of comment is the type that only casual basketball fans make, or people who have never played tons of basketball before. It simply isn't true. Watch videos in slow motion for your slow ass so you can actually understand. Just because it looks different doesn't mean it's 3 steps, and since you're a Laker fan tired of Manu ramming his cock down your players' throats, I'll choose a fitting example:

1:32 in the video, it's played twice, in slowmo the 2nd time. Watch it as many times as your stupid ass finds necessary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm89GNTIjVE&feature=fvst

And we all know Manu's weird unorthodox game by now, he does crazy shit like that all the time. Doesn't mean he's traveling just because he can think of shit your players cannot.

mabrignani
09-06-2010, 01:06 AM
you mean who besides tim duncan?

ALVAREZ6
09-06-2010, 01:35 AM
Coach Poop. He pisses me off sometimes, not really, just last playoffs, but without him the Spurs are not nearly as good. Pop is the best coach in the NBA, fuck Phil Jackson.

Just kidding, Manu Ginobili is my favorite Spur, Spur of all time, NBA player, NBA player of all time, athlete, athlete of any time period on any planet from any galaxy. But that might also have a lot to do with being from Argentina and having some ties to the Ginobilis.

Just kidding again, even if those last two things weren't true, he'd still be my favorite Spur of all time. He's got more balls than anyone in the league.

sendman
09-06-2010, 05:18 AM
Zarko PASPALJ

Quasar
09-06-2010, 06:22 AM
Manu is my favourite player of all time, but as a Spur, I choose David Robinson because of what he did both on the court and off it.

Darrin
09-06-2010, 09:13 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/bill_syken/06/14/nba.finals/p1.spurs.jpg

1. Duncan
1a. Tony Parker

Of course there's these guys as well:

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/files/cache/dennis-rodman-autographed-san-antonio-spurs-8x10-photo_4a11405715e1328a34d1c8aebb250d14.jpg

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/image_php_220729.jpg

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/spurs.team/spurs.jpg

Bukefal
09-06-2010, 09:35 AM
David Robinson
TP

Kamnik
09-06-2010, 09:53 AM
1. Manu
2. Duncan
3. TP
4. Horry
5. Rasho

senorglory
09-07-2010, 03:42 AM
No love for Mario Elie?

Darrin
09-07-2010, 04:13 AM
No love for Mario Elie?

Elie, AJ, and Bowen should all get consideration before, say, Rasho Nesterovic.

Biggems
09-07-2010, 07:49 PM
1. Mr. Robinson
2. The Ice Man
3. Bruce Lee
4. Manu Ginobili
5. Tim Duncan
6. Sean Elliott
7. Johnny Moore
8. Mike Mitchell
9. DeJuan Blair
10. Stephen Jackson