PDA

View Full Version : Lebron and fatherhood..

HarlemHeat37
08-17-2010, 10:54 PM
LeBron James never knew his father. But that hasn't been a problem when it comes to being a dad himself.

"It's not all anger. It's not all anger at all," the NBA star, 25, tells GQ in its September issue about his feelings toward his father, who left his mother Gloria when she was pregnant with him.

"I'm not downgrading my father or blasting him," says James, who has two young boys – LeBron Jr., 5, and Bryce, 3 – with longtime girlfriend Savannah Brinson. "I don't know what he may have been going through at the time. I'm not one of those to judge without knowing. I was too young to understand."

James is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, for a couple of reasons. "Without him, first of all, I wouldn't be here in this world," he says. "And then, secondly, I may have got a lot of genes from him, and that's part of the reason why I am who I am today."

There's no ambivalence when it comes to his mother, though, who raised James through difficult circumstances in Akron, Ohio. In fact, James just got a tattoo that reads, "Queen James," in honor of his mom.

"She doesn't hold her tongue," he says. "If she sees something that she believes isn't right or is right, she's going to speak about it."

His mother, James says, taught him to be humble, which was a valuable lesson during the difficult time this summer when he announced his move from Cleveland to Miami, upsetting many longtime fans.

"I know my background, know what my mother went through," he says. "I never get too high on my stardom or what I can do. My mom always says, and my friends say, 'You're just a very low-maintenance guy.' "

Great article..

Lebron has shown that he loves being a father..he shows no anger towards his father, even though he left him at such a young age..he got a tattoo for his mother that says "Queen James", even after the Delonte incident, showing forgiveness and compassion for the betrayal..

I really don't know why they hate..

TDMVPDPOY
08-17-2010, 10:56 PM
so why doesnt he marry his long time gf? scared of 50/50?

lol if the govt introduces defacto relationships is the same as a man+wife relationship, then shes going to pwned him 50/50

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-17-2010, 10:57 PM
*SLURP* *SLURP* *SLURP* *SLURP*

*GULP*
Taste good?

Purch
08-17-2010, 11:00 PM
So there's Hundreads of great fathers in the Nba History and you decide to make a thread dedicated to Lebron doing what normal fathers are supposed to do.

Might as well make a thread for the thousand of other people in the world who had bad childhoods and ended up being great parents.

HarlemHeat37
08-17-2010, 11:05 PM

lol if the govt introduces defacto relationships is the same as a man+wife relationship, then shes going to pwned him 50/50

Athletes that marry at a young age are idiots, TBH..the fact that Lebron hasn't done it speaks volumes on his responsibility..

So there's Hundreads of great fathers in the Nba History and you decide to make a thread dedicated to Lebron doing what normal fathers are supposed to do.

Might as well make a thread for the thousand of other people in the world who had bad childhoods and ended up being great parents.

This is currently in the news, so I'm reporting it..

Koolaid_Man
08-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Great article..

Lebron has shown that he loves being a father..he shows no anger towards his father, even though he left him at such a young age..he got a tattoo for his mother that says "Queen James", even after the Delonte incident, showing forgiveness and compassion for the betrayal..

the sympathy card...really....huh? that's all he got...trying to reconnect with the poor working class after his con act....but I give him credit for one thing and that's getting that queen James tattoo very fitting. :lol

Purch
08-17-2010, 11:11 PM
So basically we praise a basketball player for things thousands of people do on a regular basis including other nba players.

DaDakota
08-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Who cares?

DD

HarlemHeat37
08-17-2010, 11:14 PM
http://cm1.theinsider.com/thumbnail/600/406/cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/338/29/lebronsons1.jpg

Purch
08-17-2010, 11:16 PM
http://0.tqn.com/d/nashville/1/0/A/2/1/P6160120.JPG
http://www.ivstatic.com/files/et/imagecache/636/files/blog_articles/jon-gosselin-fathers-day.jpg
http://tommydipietro.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/fathersday.jpg

I ask again. What's so special about doing your responsibilities as a father?

HarlemHeat37
08-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Do you have a link that shows that those guys you showed had:

- No father growing up..
- A troubled mother..
- Raised poor..
- No consistent role model growing up..
- Had kids at an extremely young age..
- The pressure of carrying a pro sports franchise at such a young age..
- Had to raise kids under the public eye at such a young age..
- Spend countless hours committing to charity events..

I agree that Lebron is doing what he's supposed to do, I would expect no less from this man..it's in the recent news though, it's in People magazine, so I posted it..it's part of the continuing effort to embarrass the people that try to make him look bad..

You don't have to reply to the thread if you don't appreciate the content..

Koolaid_Man
08-17-2010, 11:23 PM

- No father growing up..
- A troubled mother..
- Raised poor..

stop being so wordy...all u had to say was that LeBron was a crack baby and we would get it...

Purch
08-17-2010, 11:23 PM
O so you're basically saying Lebron's the only good father with a messed up childhood?

Please everyones had their own problems in their life. What makes Lebron special? I've met Dads who've had Childhood Cancer, Had parents split up and have seen people close to them die. And still grow up to be great parents. So I ask you again what's the point of this thread

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-17-2010, 11:28 PM
He loves being a father so much so that he made his children bastards just like him.:rolleyes
Luva people already hate our kind as it is dumbazz, and you post ur stupid azz dick sucking garbage on here and it gives us real sand ######s a bad name.
See you tomorrow at Chupiros's Car Wash and taco stand off of crenshaw blvd.

HarlemHeat37
08-17-2010, 11:29 PM
O so you're basically saying Lebron's the only good father with a messed up childhood?

Please everyones had their own problems in their life. What makes Lebron special? I've met Dads who've had Childhood Cancer, Had parents split up and have seen people close to them die. And still grow up to be great parents. So I ask you again what's the point of this thread

I agree that Lebron is doing what he's supposed to do, I would expect no less from this man..it's in the recent news though, it's in People magazine, so I posted it..it's part of the continuing effort to embarrass the people that try to make him look bad..

SpursNextRomanEmpire
08-17-2010, 11:34 PM
lol humble

Purch
08-17-2010, 11:37 PM
And you don't have to post an article on something pointless. But that doesn't stop you does it?

Or is this the part where you post any article that makes Lebron looks generally good in the public eye no matter how irrelevant or little it may be?

oh crap
08-17-2010, 11:42 PM
oh jesus christ. harlem taking his lebron man love troll job to pathetic levels.

DesignatedT
08-18-2010, 12:12 AM
wgaf

SouthTexasRancher
08-18-2010, 12:17 AM

:tu

SouthTexasRancher
08-18-2010, 12:18 AM

:tu

SouthTexasRancher
08-18-2010, 12:22 AM
He loves being a father so much so that he made his children bastards just like him.:rolleyes

Damn lakaluva, you let hh37 beat you to the punch on yet another little lebron ain't worth the cow patties my cows fertilize the ground with, thread. Go stand in the corner for 7 minutes and don't say another word or the teach will make it 10 minutes! :downspin:

SouthTexasRancher
08-18-2010, 12:27 AM
ok:lol

Damnit lakaluva, you now get a full 10 minutes in the corner And stop pulling Janie's pigtails. :rollin

SouthTexasRancher
08-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Damnit lakaluva, you now get a full 10 minutes in the corner And stop pulling Janie's pigtails. :rollin

OK, you can come out of the corner now!

BRHornet45
08-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Lebron is a horrible father

Purch
08-18-2010, 12:48 AM
Even though it's great for the Nba I wonder how it effects players knowing they have to play a game instead of enjoy Christmas with their families

Venti Quattro
08-18-2010, 03:59 AM
REV. FR. JAMES!!! :lmao

Jt.ONE
08-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Athletes that marry at a young age are idiots, TBH..the fact that Lebron hasn't done it speaks volumes on his responsibility..

This is currently in the news, so I'm reporting it..

- No father growing up..
- A troubled mother..
- Raised poor..

?????

Red Hawk #21
08-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Haha HarlemHeat37 is greatness tbh. He is seriously trolling the shit out of everyone lmao. Oh and btw : "James just got a tattoo that reads, "Queen James"

PS- HH37 good luck trying to get people to believe a man who tattoed "Chosen 1" on his back, and calls himself "King" is humble.

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Great article..

I may have gotten a lot of genes from him
May? 50% dumbass LeBron

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2010, 08:47 PM
:lmao Queen James

I bet that has nothing to do with his mom! :lmao

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2010, 08:50 PM
http://0.tqn.com/d/nashville/1/0/A/2/1/P6160120.JPG
http://www.ivstatic.com/files/et/imagecache/636/files/blog_articles/jon-gosselin-fathers-day.jpg
http://tommydipietro.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/fathersday.jpg

I ask again. What's so special about doing your responsibilities as a father?

Nothing I'm sure. Isn't it BEING a father that's a special experience?

ploto
08-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Even though it's great for the Nba I wonder how it effects players knowing they have to play a game instead of enjoy Christmas with their families

I feel much more compassion for the police officers, fire fighters, and health care professionals who work a long hard day on that day than for some rich guys who play a game for a few hours and can afford to fly right back home or bring their families with them.