PDA

View Full Version : Five Guys' Burger Bests In-N-Out's In Zagat's 2010 Fast Food Survey

Fat boy
08-18-2010, 08:11 AM
http://blog.zagat.com/fast-food-survey-results-are-here
The 2010 Zagat Fast-Food Survey's Best Burgers:

1. Five Guys
2. In-N-Out Burger
3. Wendy's
4. Burger King
5. McDonald's

I'm going to Five Guys today.

Leetonidas
08-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Five Guys is awesome, but McD's, BK, and Wendy's all above Jack in the Box, Carl's Jr, Whataburger, etc? Fuck no.

Frenzy
08-18-2010, 08:33 AM
How wierd I was gonna go there yesterday.

Das Texan
08-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Suck it In n Out!

Cry Havoc
08-18-2010, 08:39 AM
Five Guys started in the area that I'm living in now. They're freaking amazing, and at least in this area, they completely fill your bag up with fries. Makes it a pretty good deal, and the burger is amazing. I haven't had In N Out yet though.

CubanMustGo
08-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Five Guys is awesome, but McD's, BK, and Wendy's all above Jack in the Box, Carl's Jr, Whataburger, etc? Fuck no.

Whataburger probably doesn't have enough of a national presence to get on the list. Carls Jr is primarily WC. I'll take either in a heartbeat over that square crap you get at Wendy's tho.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-18-2010, 08:47 AM
That sounds so swell............

Bipolar Bob
08-18-2010, 09:00 AM
It is an opinion poll you whiners.

Whisky Dog
08-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Dumb list. The best are regional places like a whataburger or small places like Keller's. I've had 5 guys and it was just ok. I guarantee wherever you live you can find a lot better burger to pick up (and a lot fresher too) than any of these chains.

JoeChalupa
08-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Dumb list. The best are regional places like a whataburger or small places like Keller's. I've had 5 guys and it was just ok. I guarantee wherever you live you can find a lot better burger to pick up (and a lot fresher too) than any of these chains.

I agree. I've heard great things about 5 guys and in and out but haven't had either. I finally tried Carl's and it was one messy burger but I did enjoy it. A while back I grabbed some Floyd's burgers when I had the munchies.

leemajors
08-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Five Guys is terribly overrated. They have good fries but it's expensive and undersized. I've only has In n Out once, but it blew 5 guys away. My personal fave right now is Hill Berts in Austin.

mrsmaalox
08-18-2010, 10:07 AM
I just looked up Five Guys and found out there is one about 2 miles from my house, I had no clue. Their website sucks, it doesn't have a single picture of the food; doesn't really entice me to try it.

CavsSuperFan
08-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Not exactly a prestige’s list…Wendy’s Burger King & McDonald's rated above Fats, Tommy’s, Sonic or Whataburger…Surprised the person who picked the top -5 did not include the IKEA burger...:lol

Spurminator
08-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Five Guys is terribly overrated. They have good fries but it's expensive and undersized. I've only has In n Out once, but it blew 5 guys away. My personal fave right now is Hill Berts in Austin.

You gotta get the grilled onions, mang.

IMO Five Guys wins between the two. I like Jake's the best, although it seems like they're over-poppy-seeding the buns lately.

BurgerKing
08-18-2010, 10:23 AM
I got robbed!!!

Spurminator
08-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Why don't they have a best pizza category?

Cry Havoc
08-18-2010, 10:29 AM
I just looked up Five Guys and found out there is one about 2 miles from my house, I had no clue. Their website sucks, it doesn't have a single picture of the food; doesn't really entice me to try it.

Worth a shot, right? It's not health food by any stretch of the imagination, but it's by FAR the best Fast Food burger I've ever had. On par or better than most sit down restaurants' burgers.

Whataburger probably doesn't have enough of a national presence to get on the list. Carls Jr is primarily WC. I'll take either in a heartbeat over that square crap you get at Wendy's tho.

Actually Carl's Jr. exists throughout most of the Midwest, it's just under a different name: Hardee's.

leemajors
08-18-2010, 10:30 AM
You gotta get the grilled onions, mang.

IMO Five Guys wins between the two. I like Jake's the best, although it seems like they're over-poppy-seeding the buns lately.

I did, at both places. In N Out was better and three bucks cheaper.

Spurminator
08-18-2010, 10:36 AM
True, Five Guys is a bit overpriced. They need some sort of burger/fries drink combo so you don't end up spending $10+.

DesignatedT
08-18-2010, 10:56 AM
that list sucks ass. mcdonalds???? really? burger king? lmao.

Mark in Austin
08-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Five Guys started in the area that I'm living in now. They're freaking amazing, and at least in this area, they completely fill your bag up with fries. Makes it a pretty good deal

I like the burger w/ fresh jalapenos on it - really good burger every time I've had it. My one complaint w/ Five Guys is the way they load the fries up into a cup makes all the fries below the very first layer in the cup soggy. You get a lot of fries, but half of them turn to mush unless you eat at the restaurant and dump 'em all out onto your burger wrapper / napkin ASAP.

boutons_deux
08-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Doctor urges fast food restaurants to hand out pharma drugs like ketchup packets

http://www.naturalnews.com/z029467_statin_drugs_fast_food.html

Kermit
08-18-2010, 12:29 PM
The Five Guys I ate at in S.A. sucked. Hard. But, seeing as how they just built one next to the house, I'll have to check it out again. There's also a Mighty Fine, Whataburger and P. Terry's next to it so the competition is fierce.

baseline bum
08-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Wendy's? I can't think of a single thing on their menu that doesn't suck complete ass. At least McDonald's has the fries.

Dr. Gonzo
08-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Whataburger sucks ass.

Five Guys is heaven.

Spam
08-18-2010, 02:15 PM
I too thought five guys sucked major ass here in SA.

JudynTX
08-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Wendy's? I can't think of a single thing on their menu that doesn't suck complete ass. At least McDonald's has the fries.

The chili isn't bad., imho.

Spam
08-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Seems the wendy's chili has gotten smaller.

mrsmaalox
08-18-2010, 03:05 PM
I do Wendy's for the BLT Chicken salad. With the Paul Newman dressing, it's a pretty nice salad to go.

EricB
08-18-2010, 09:39 PM
5 guys doesn't even fucking SNIFF In N Out, what horseshit.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
08-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Fuck Burger King. Shit's gross

I just noticed that there is a 5 guys on 1604 near the Costco. It didn't look like a drive thru.... you just walk in and order and then you can take it to go?

Viva Las Espuelas
08-19-2010, 01:24 AM
Well from what I've heard from some of my friends up here in Dallas an In 'n Out is supposedly being built in Allen or somewhere in north dallas. I'll finally get to try them. Hopefully they run it the same as they do in CA. Especially the part where they get their meat fresh from a local butcher.

Spurminator
08-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Well from what I've heard from some of my friends up here in Dallas an In 'n Out is supposedly being built in Allen or somewhere in north dallas. I'll finally get to try them. Hopefully they run it the same as they do in CA. Especially the part where they get their meat fresh from a local butcher.

The first one will be in Garland near the Firewheel Mall but there are plans for several in the area. The Firewheel one is going to be a madhouse for about a month, so I'll avoid it until after then.

Soul_Patch
08-19-2010, 08:50 AM
5 guys is pretty damn good. Went up to DC for work a few weeks ago, and ate there with a buddy who recommended it.

Their fries are like crack...

BurgerKing
08-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Fuck Burger King. Shit's gross

I just noticed that there is a 5 guys on 1604 near the Costco. It didn't look like a drive thru.... you just walk in and order and then you can take it to go?

:flipoff That's now what your mom said.

JudynTX
08-19-2010, 12:25 PM

Yo! What do you think of this? :lol

http://eater.com/archives/2010/08/18/behold-the-bk-whopper-bar.php

mrsmaalox
08-19-2010, 12:26 PM
I have a bit of a MacDonald's aversion and it's been easily 10 yrs since I've ordered anything but some fries or a yogurt parfait there. But today is the grand opening of one near my house and I drove by this morning----man, the enticing aromas drifting outta that place almost made me crack!

Viva Las Espuelas
08-19-2010, 12:37 PM
The first one will be in Garland near the Firewheel Mall but there are plans for several in the area. The Firewheel one is going to be a madhouse for about a month, so I'll avoid it until after then.

Oh man. Firewheel? That place is a madhouse as it is. Do you know how far along it is?

The Gemini Method
08-19-2010, 01:39 PM
I've had both and live by both In N' Out and Five Guys and both are delectable, but In N' Out is cheaper and has combo meals whereas Five Guys is a la carte. You really can't go wrong with either, but I choose the local chain, In N' Out, by a slim margin over Five Guys.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
08-19-2010, 04:02 PM

Fuck you king, your fries are alright... but your burger patties seem undercooked to me.. not to mention the bun is soggy.

Step your game up you joto banger

mrsmaalox
11-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Bumping this cuz I finally tried Five Guys yesterday.

The burger was good, but not the greatest I've ever had. The reason I won't go back though is that the bun is so flimsy, the last 1/3 of the the burger ends up as a little pile of slop. I really, really dislike that.

The cajun fries were overwhelming with spice. The regular fries were very good. The portion looked huge but mostly it was just fry "stubs".

Now I need to find an In-N-Out :)

Winehole23
11-09-2010, 01:05 PM
The flimsy bun is a gripe here too.

I was going to say I found the 5 Guys burger underwhelming overall, but then I thought the same thing after my first visit to In-N-Out.

(Hearing decades of hype from homesick Californians probably doomed the experience for me, and something similar goes for 5 Guys. When something is fluffed as the all-time greatest anything, it can be tough to live up to.)

TDMVPDPOY
11-09-2010, 10:57 PM
How much do you guys spend there on per person?

tlongII
11-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Too bad you guys don't have Burgerville.

Nbadan
11-10-2010, 01:07 AM
Five guys good as In and Out

:lol

Booharv
11-11-2010, 03:16 PM
This thread is built on the fallacy that you have to choose one over the other.

Not so.

Anytime you drive down a highway you likely pass several its no big project to stop at multiple places along the way picking up your favorite items from each stop.

Thats the American way, its called the free market people.

Get it in your heads.

:lmao

Ginobilly
11-11-2010, 03:19 PM
5 guys is alright, decent, but overrated by the media. I could make better burgers at home.

CosmicCowboy
11-11-2010, 03:29 PM
True, Five Guys is a bit overpriced. They need some sort of burger/fries drink combo so you don't end up spending $10+.

$10?

Damn, you can get a Flaming Jalapeno Cheddar Macho burger, fries, and a Margarita at Chris Madrids for that!

CosmicCowboy
11-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Now I need to find an In-N-Out :)

:lol

NM

baseline bum
11-11-2010, 04:27 PM
$10?

Damn, you can get a Flaming Jalapeno Cheddar Macho burger, fries, and a Margarita at Chris Madrids for that!

Damn, sounds like a plan, with Shiner Bock substituted for margarita.

cherylsteele
11-11-2010, 05:18 PM
I love their Frosty's

ChuckD
11-11-2010, 09:15 PM
This thread is built on the fallacy that you have to choose one over the other.

Not so.

Anytime you drive down a highway you likely pass several its no big project to stop at multiple places along the way picking up your favorite items from each stop.

Thats the American way, its called the free market people.

Get it in your heads.

:lmao
Best

Troll

Ever

jman3000
11-11-2010, 11:44 PM
There's a FG about 5 minutes from my apt and I probably go there once a month. I've never been able to finish a burger and order of fries in one sitting. When I get home I have to put the fries on one plate and the burger on another.

Their fries taste like Chick Fil A's (sp?) but not waffled.

CuckingFunt
11-11-2010, 11:50 PM
I've never been able to finish a burger and order of fries in one sitting.

Quitter.

benefactor
11-12-2010, 06:47 AM
I love their Frosty's
They make them in shakes now too. It is a glorious thing.

J.T.
11-12-2010, 07:28 AM
They're freaking amazing, and at least in this area, they completely fill your bag up with fries. Makes it a pretty good deal, and the burger is amazing.

Pretty sure all Five Guys do this. I've gone to three different ones and they all did it.

JB and Carl's Jr have terrible burgers immfho although nothing really tops buying raw beef and cooking your own tbh

monosylab1k
11-12-2010, 08:12 AM
Pretty sure all Five Guys do this. I've gone to three different ones and they all did it.

JB and Carl's Jr have terrible burgers immfho although nothing really tops buying raw beef and cooking your own tbh

last thing I will ever say to you on this entire forum as long as it exists

dude I hope you die a slow painful death after being fucked up the ass by prison homos with 12 foot dicks

You really are everything that has ever been wrong with the entire fucking world. You sell out a guy you hang out with in person just to impress people you’ve never met that you play Madden with.

Well I hope your status in the Madden crew is tight. Hope all the blue-named Mavs fans you play Madden with, with your precious colts see you as a down ass white boy for giving them our real names, and all that info they kept trolling us with back in april.

Cuz it’s really probably that they learned all that private shit from some other poster on this site, right?

You are a fucking walking zombie, because regardless of anything you ever do in this life, you’re always going to know that you sold out a great person just to impress XBOX Madden Mavericks fags.

That is what you did. You fucked over someone you had real people interactions with just to gain status on the fucking internet. You are a piece of shit and I hope the next person on spurstalk that turns up dead is you.

And what’s REALLY REALLY FUNNY is that you might have seen our pictures and act all tough guy but you actually know jack shit about us. Nothing other than our names. I told mike from day 1 he was stupid to hang out with you especially after he told me what a fucking walking acoustic guitar playing junkie you were.

But after this, after your shallow actions possibly leading to this bull shit…you best believe you will have the ability to shove a shank up my gooch. Because I never roll alone and you truly do not know any of us.
I cannot recognize you but if anyone I am with in Austin ever sees your ass we will follow you home and we will fucking destroy you.

Have fun playing Madden with that choker Peyton and always remember you sold out a real life friend for internet mavs props.

Fuck you and I hope you burn in hell.

Cry Havoc
11-12-2010, 09:43 AM

dude I hope you die a slow painful death after being fucked up the ass by prison homos with 12 foot dicks

You really are everything that has ever been wrong with the entire fucking world. You sell out a guy you hang out with in person just to impress people you’ve never met that you play Madden with.

Well I hope your status in the Madden crew is tight. Hope all the blue-named Mavs fans you play Madden with, with your precious colts see you as a down ass white boy for giving them our real names, and all that info they kept trolling us with back in april.

Cuz it’s really probably that they learned all that private shit from some other poster on this site, right?

You are a fucking walking zombie, because regardless of anything you ever do in this life, you’re always going to know that you sold out a great person just to impress XBOX Madden Mavericks fags.

That is what you did. You fucked over someone you had real people interactions with just to gain status on the fucking internet. You are a piece of shit and I hope the next person on spurstalk that turns up dead is you.

And what’s REALLY REALLY FUNNY is that you might have seen our pictures and act all tough guy but you actually know jack shit about us. Nothing other than our names. I told mike from day 1 he was stupid to hang out with you especially after he told me what a fucking walking acoustic guitar playing junkie you were.

But after this, after your shallow actions possibly leading to this bull shit…you best believe you will have the ability to shove a shank up my gooch. Because I never roll alone and you truly do not know any of us.
I cannot recognize you but if anyone I am with in Austin ever sees your ass we will follow you home and we will fucking destroy you.

Have fun playing Madden with that choker Peyton and always remember you sold out a real life friend for internet mavs props.

???

CosmicCowboy
11-12-2010, 10:26 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Thats some funny junior high butthurt shit right there..

benefactor
11-12-2010, 11:06 AM
???
http://i55.tinypic.com/2afn2nr.jpg

Sisk
05-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Has anyone ever tried "Smashburger" before? I just had it for the first time today at the 281/Evans location and it was delicious. One of the best burgers I've had in quite some time.

HeadBanger
05-19-2011, 05:02 PM
I had some Floyd's burgers the other day and milkshake. Good stuff.

Mark in Austin
05-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Going to be in SA Monday - plan on going to Chris Madrid's for lunch. It's been a couple years since I've been back there; hope it's as good as I remember.

Sense
05-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Guys...

Texas Hamburger Company...

delicious burgers...

Strike
05-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Too bad you guys don't have Burgerville.

Possibly the greatest thing you've ever posted. :tu

Sisk
05-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Smashburger? Anyone? Bueller?

leemajors
05-19-2011, 09:16 PM
I don't want my burger meat balled and smashed. Don't smash the patty and let the good shit run out.

benefactor
05-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Smashburger? Anyone? Bueller?
It's good...but overrated IMO. I'd rather have a Chophouse Cheddar Burger from Whataburger.

Nathan Explosion
05-19-2011, 10:35 PM
It's good...but overrated IMO. I'd rather have a Chophouse Cheddar Burger from Whataburger.

Smashburger is pretty damn good imo. My favorite is Broadway 5050 though. But one I haven't seen mentioned. although I didn't read the whole thread is Culver's. That's a pretty good burger too.

I haven't had Carl's Jrs or Five Guys yet. Freddie's is another good one. There are lots of good burger joints, but hard to find a GREAT burger joint.

I've wanted to try Texas Hamburger Company for a while. They built a Babe's on Huebner as well.