PDA

View Full Version : Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

Fabbs
08-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Was told by a mature adult movie buff that this was a pretty good film.

Also said the advertizers did a very poor job of promoting. I said i agree, in looking at the ads it seems like it's just another MTV teenybopper show. Not even.

Your reviews?

BlackSwordsMan
08-18-2010, 11:04 AM
micheal cera really branches out in this movie and shows us his more serious side that we've never before seen from him in a movie
quite touching

tp2021
08-18-2010, 12:00 PM
micheal cera really branches out in this movie and shows us his more serious side that we've never before seen from him ever

fify...if true.

redzero
08-18-2010, 12:10 PM
fify...if true.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/6/6b/Cool_storyteller.jpg

Death In June
08-18-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't understand all the Cera hate. He's not great, but I don't think he's that offensive. Maybe it's Cera fatigue, or maybe it's finally cool to hate hipsters, or that people prefer their superheros to be roided out freaks as opposed to womanly nerds, I don't know. It can't be that he reprises the same role over and over, otherwise I'd see the same hate directed towards Bruce Willis, Jack Black, Dicaprio, etc.

tp2021
08-18-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't understand all the Cera hate. He's not great, but I don't think he's that offensive. Maybe it's Cera fatigue, or maybe it's finally cool to hate hipsters, or that people prefer their superheros to be roided out freaks as opposed to womanly nerds, I don't know. It can't be that he reprises the same role over and over, otherwise I'd see the same hate directed towards Bruce Willis, Jack Black, Dicaprio, etc.

Bruce Willis kicks ass, Jack Black is funny, Dicaprio can act.

balli
08-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Bruce Willis kicks ass, Jack Black is funny, Dicaprio can act.
:rollin

or maybe it's finally cool to hate hipsters
Finally?

Mister Sinister
08-18-2010, 12:55 PM
I dunno about finally. SP has gotten the "pretentious hipster garbage" label from /co/ over on 4chan since before the movie was announced.

dallaskd
08-18-2010, 12:58 PM
xgOLmjhxVVU

lame

Cry Havoc
08-18-2010, 12:59 PM

He plays the exact same role in every movie.

I don't hate him, but he's an extremely one-dimensional actor right now, capitalizing on the rising popularity of all things "geek".

rolled up $20
08-18-2010, 01:00 PM
It was okay but nothing to rave about.

Death In June
08-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Finally?Have you ever been to Austin, Texas?

monosylab1k
08-18-2010, 01:04 PM
I get the Michael Cera hate, because I'm pretty burnt out on him too.

But I wonder, is everyone else also getting sick of the rest of the Apatow one-note character crew? Is everyone tired of Seth Rogen/Jonah Hill/Jason Segel/etc since they're basically doing the exact same thing?

Or is it different because they're all jolly fat guys and Michael Cera is a skinny hipster wannabe?

hater
08-18-2010, 01:08 PM
dude's got a disease right?

he's like 30 and still looks 14

monosylab1k
08-18-2010, 01:10 PM
dude's got a disease right?

he's like 30 and still looks 14

he's 22 dumbass. all it would have taken was a 5 second trip to wikipedia and you wouldn't sound like a complete cheesedick.

hater
08-18-2010, 01:11 PM
he's 22 dumbass. all it would have taken was a 5 second trip to wikipedia and you wouldn't sound like a complete cheesedick.

well he acts like an old man.

puto

monosylab1k
08-18-2010, 01:12 PM
well he acts like an old man.

great comeback!

balli
08-18-2010, 01:12 PM

But I wonder, is everyone else also getting sick of the rest of the Apatow one-note character crew? Is everyone tired of Seth Rogen/Jonah Hill/Jason Segel since they're basically doing the exact same thing?

Or is it different because they're all jolly fat guys and Michael Cera is a skinny hipster wannabe?
Don't get me wrong, I primarily dislike Cera for being a skinny, hipster wanna-be.

But to answer the question(s)- I'm over Seth Rogan, never really liked him tbh. I liked Superbad, in spite of Cera and Rogan, but I thought Jonah Hill and Bill Hader and the Fogal kid were all great. Jason Segal was hilarious in Sarah Marshall and flat out great in SLC punk- he's not over-exposed, haven't caught him in anything else.

I don't think they're all doing the same thing. Rogan is playing annoying fatass dumbass pothead roles and he's over-exposed. Jonah Hill is playing not-annoying fatass roles and is not over-exposed. Jason Segal is a gifted actor and writer. Michael Cera is a dweeby little bitch and continually takes on roles to emphasize that point.

hater
08-18-2010, 01:13 PM
great comeback!

comeback? :lol

you ain't even worth a try

monosylab1k
08-18-2010, 01:15 PM
comeback? :lol

you ain't even worth a try

lol replying

hater
08-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Michael Cera is a dweeby little bitch and continually takes on roles to emphasize that point.

don't forget, and making millions doing so.

monosylab1k
08-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Jonah Hill is playing not-annoying fatass roles and is not over-exposed.

he doesn't get as many big roles, but he's essentially made his career by being the shorter, fatter, more cynical version of Seth Rogen.

balli
08-18-2010, 01:19 PM
he doesn't get as many big roles, but he's essentially made his career by being the shorter, fatter, more cynical version of Seth Rogen.

Maybe I like his cynicism then. I fucking hate Seth Rogan's laugh. Maybe I'd like him more if he was a cynical dickhead who didn't smile.

BlackSwordsMan
08-18-2010, 01:20 PM
I like jonah hill but hate seth rogan. His shitty laugh is annoying

tp2021
08-18-2010, 01:21 PM

But I wonder, is everyone else also getting sick of the rest of the Apatow one-note character crew? Is everyone tired of Seth Rogen/Jonah Hill/Jason Segel/etc since they're basically doing the exact same thing?

It's different because they can make people laugh. What emotion does Cera evoke in the audience? Hate.

BlackSwordsMan
08-18-2010, 01:21 PM
jonah hill appeals to my fat beaner side