PDA

View Full Version : Strikeforce Houtson: King Mo vs. Feijao: August 21

ace3g
08-19-2010, 01:14 AM
http://mmapayout.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/houston-poster_medium.jpg

Strikeforce Houston Promo Video And Card Information.
Posted By: Charttopper* Comments(0)

Strikeforce Houston: King Mo vs. Feijao will take place on August 21, 2010 at Toyota Center in Houston, Texas, United States and will feature a main event bout between Muhammed Lawal and Rafael Cavalcante.

Here’s the card as it stands:

My predictions:

Muhammed Lawal vs. Rafael Cavalcante
Ronaldo Souza vs. Tim Kennedy
KJ Noons vs. Jorge Gurgel
Bobby Lashley vs. Chad Griggs

Preliminary Card
*These 2 fights will be streamed online at sherdog.com
Daniel Cormier vs. Jason Riley
André Galvão vs. Nate Moore

Vinicius Magalhães vs. Rocky Long
Adam Schindler vs. Kier Gooch
Jose Santibanez vs. Reynaldo Trujillo
Chad Robichaux vs. Humberto Deleon
Chad Cook vs. Arteneus Young

http://www.themmanews.com/?p=18346

Looking forward to Bobby Lashley's 2nd fight in strikeforce

ace3g
08-21-2010, 11:13 PM
well my Prelim picks went well, lol

Results:

Main Card:

Main event time: King Mo vs. Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante new LHW Champion
Round 3
Feijao lands a straight right and Lawal is in trouble. Lawal finds his second wind and cracks the challenger with a right. Feijao lands a knee to the chin and a left hook and Lawal falls. The champion shoots a desperate single and Feijao has it stuffed against the cage. Feijao elbows with his right arm and Lawal is absorbing them without offering any defense. His knees go weak and he falls. Referee “Big” John McCarthy saves Lawal at the 1:14 mark and there’s a new Strikeforce light heavyweight champion.

Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza vs. Tim Kennedy
Round 1
Kennedy misses a jab and both fighters are hesitant to pull the trigger early. Kennedy blocks a right hook and is pushed back by a front kick. Jacare lands a right hand that buckles the legs of his opponent, but Kennedy fires right back with a right of his own. Kennedy lands a right hook that counters a low kick. Jacare is swinging for the fences and Kennedy is doing a good job of counter punching. Kennedy lands a low kick and Jacare hits him with a right to the body. Jacare connects with an inside low kick to the left leg, and then he goes to the outside. Jacare whiffs on a right-hand lead. Kennedy knocks an off-balanced Jacare to the canvas with a right hand. The Brazilian stands and absorbs a low kick at the bell.

Official scores:
48-47 (twice) and 49-46 for the winner by unanimous decision, “Jacare” Souza.
I really felt Kennedy won this fight, he had more takedowns 2/3 to 0/4; and basically won every other statistical category.

K.J. Noons vs. Jorge Gurgel
Round 2
A still wobbly Gurgel comes out and gets rocked right off the bat. A right and left hook send him down and Noons punches until referee Kerry Hatley pulls him off at 0:19 of round two. Noons glanced an illegal knee off the face of Gurgel during the stoppage, but it did not land flush and was not ruled a foul.

Bobby Lashley vs. Chad Griggs
about to start
Griggs has the wolverine sideburns going. He is apparently a firefighter and paramedic

Must piss off Lashley everytime the announcer says 2 time WWE Champion, lol
Round 1:
double leg take down by Lashley to start off, has side control now. Trying to go for the Roy Nelson special with the crucifix. Fight is back on the feet for a 2nd , then Lashley gets it back on the ground with another take down. Both guys back up again, I think Lashley just got hurt by a knee from Briggs to the gut.

round 2:

weird end to this one, Griggs was landing some bombs with some hammer fists and punches on Lashley who after going for a takedown only had one leg of Griggs, and was unprotected.

The bell for round 2 to end rang, then the ref called the fight due mostly to the cut to the eye I believe.

Lashley is cut below the left eye

2nd round starting:
First Lashley fight to go to the 2nd round, another massive take down by Lashley

Prelims:
Now time for the fight I am excited for Daniel Cormier vs. Jason Riley, go Daniel son!!!!
Rashad Evans is in Cormier's corner!!!

Cormier makes this a quick one in the first round ends at 3:58 thanks to a nice transition from a overhand right , to a take down, to GnP and Riley taps from punches

Andre Galvao vs. Jorge “Macaco” Patino
Round 1 - Patino who only had about 1 week to prepare for this fight after replacing Nate Moore, surprised Galvao and easily won that round with punches in both the stand up and GnP

Round 2 - Andre easily won that round with a few take downs getting a lot of side/top/ and getting the back of Patino

Round 3 - Andre gets another take down and more top/back control, while on the back of Patino he was getting some punches to the head, refs stopped the fight, didn't think they should have stopped the fight, Patino wasn't out or anything, I guess the ref thought he wasn't doing enough

The official scores are 29-28, 30-27 and 30-27 for Vinicius "Draculino" Magalhaes, the winner by unanimous decision.

Round 1
Schindler hits a double off an early exchange and immediately moves to mount. He gives it up and moves to side control where he begins to pepper Gooch with short punches. Schindler locks up a cross-side crucifix but is swept by Gooch. Schindler scrambles and ends up on Gooch’s back. He cinches up the rear-naked choke. Gooch stands up and tries to fight off the choke but he crashes to the mat and referee Jon Schorle intervenes, ending the bout.

Round 1
Trujillo swarms all over Santibanez and drops him with a left-right combination. He pounces and fires away until referee Kerry Hatley steps early in the first round. No time is announced.

The official scores are 29-28, 28-29 and 29-28 for Chad Robichaux, who wins by split decision.

The official scores are 30-27 (twice) and 29-28 for Young, the winner by unanimous decision.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Strikeforce-Houston-Results-amp-Live-Play-by-Play-26384
recap on all the fights; round by round

Rip-Hamilton32
08-22-2010, 01:01 AM
Lashley was gassed, no surprise hes a monster of a man

ace3g
08-22-2010, 01:07 AM
yeah he still needs to loose some of that "WWF" muscle, that works for the WWF, but in MMA it is better to have some body fat

dbreiden83080
08-22-2010, 01:19 AM
Missed this card

some really surprising upsets..

Stringer_Bell
08-22-2010, 01:58 AM
Wow, I was actually looking forward to this card and missed it too. I wonder what Coker is going to do now with the whole Lashley vs Batista match...it'll prolly still sell about as much as a WWE event, I guess. King Mo was dethroned too, crazy stuff.

ace3g
08-22-2010, 09:25 AM
King Mo showed again that his wrestling is top notch, but he really needs to work on his striking/boxing/stand up both offense and defense.

Also it seemed like every fight, one of the fighters had a pretty good size cut above/below one of their eyes

Daniel Cormier, I was excited about him going into this match and even more excited after the fight. He is now 5-0 in his MMA career, hopefully the next couple of fights he gets some better competition, but I like former college/olympic wrestlers turned MMA fighters. And Rashad Evan was in his corner last night.

8FOR!3
08-22-2010, 12:16 PM
No upsets imo, Chad Griggs hits hard and Bobby Lashley doesn't like to get hit. Although, I kind of thought Tim Kennedy was going to find a way to get the decision, I didn't get to watch the fight, but the results aren't too surprising. Cavalcante's thai boxing is legit and King Mo is a scrub. Legit wrestler yes, but I didn't find him too impressive against Mousasi, it looked like he was taking down and hitting a human punching bag.

dallaskd
08-22-2010, 12:56 PM
how did you go about picking Tim Kennedy over Jacare?

ace3g
08-22-2010, 01:24 PM
going into the fight I didn't really know much about each fighter, I had a hunch to go with Kennedy (not only is he a American Soldier; he has a good mix of victories with both TKO and submissions), and I was right; he should have won that fight, he won basically every statistical category, except for punching percentage by a couple of points. Plus Kennedy knowing the 5th round was close; and after Jacare landed a good punching combo, Kennedy landed this massive take down slam right before the final bell.

The deciding factor in my opinion why the judges went with Jacare is the cut on Kennedy's face above his left eye. (It didn't hinder his vision the entire fight) but judges see blood and figured that guy took more damage.

Kennedy deserves a rematch. Plus after the match he had a good statement "for someone that was suppose to be the better wrestler, take down artists, I had more" Kennedy was 2/3 while Jacare was 0/4 and none came even close, Kennedy has really good take down defense.

8FOR!3
08-22-2010, 04:05 PM
how did you go about picking Tim Kennedy over Jacare?

He can curve a fucking bullet...:lol

Cant_Be_Faded
08-22-2010, 04:44 PM
No Carano?

dallaskd
08-22-2010, 06:46 PM
going into the fight I didn't really know much about each fighter, I had a hunch to go with Kennedy (not only is he a American Soldier; he has a good mix of victories with both TKO and submissions), and I was right; he should have won that fight, he won basically every statistical category, except for punching percentage by a couple of points. Plus Kennedy knowing the 5th round was close; and after Jacare landed a good punching combo, Kennedy landed this massive take down slam right before the final bell.

The deciding factor in my opinion why the judges went with Jacare is the cut on Kennedy's face above his left eye. (It didn't hinder his vision the entire fight) but judges see blood and figured that guy took more damage.

Kennedy deserves a rematch. Plus after the match he had a good statement "for someone that was suppose to be the better wrestler, take down artists, I had more" Kennedy was 2/3 while Jacare was 0/4 and none came even close, Kennedy has really good take down defense.

I honestly didnt even watch this card, but reading that Jacare is throwing combos is not a good sign. Dude has no hands. He is definately one of the best, if not the best BJJ guy in all of MMA. Not sure if he is the better wrestler though. But it sounds like he didnt have a good gameplan going in.

desflood
08-23-2010, 08:46 AM

By the end I had Jacare up 3 rounds to 2. Then they showed the stats after and I said, "Huh. How'd I miss all that?" Apparently the actual judges didn't really pay attention to the numbers either. :lol

It's not a big deal if us couch potatoes don't count the strikes, but that's their job.

polandprzem
08-23-2010, 12:49 PM
By the end I had Jacare up 3 rounds to 2. Then they showed the stats after and I said, "Huh. How'd I miss all that?" Apparently the actual judges didn't really pay attention to the numbers either. :lol

It's not a big deal if us couch potatoes don't count the strikes, but that's their job.

What?

Their job is to count the strikes? I hear it for the first time.

desflood
08-23-2010, 01:02 PM
No, not really - I was just making my point in a bad way: The judges are supposed to have a pretty good idea of which combatant landed more effective strikes - at least a better idea than the rest of us just watching on our tv.

polandprzem
08-23-2010, 09:40 PM
No, not really - I was just making my point in a bad way: The judges are supposed to have a pretty good idea of which combatant landed more effective strikes - at least a better idea than the rest of us just watching on our tv.

I don't get it

They [judges] announced a statement about the strikes before they showed stats?

All in all you don't judge the bout and giving victory to the guy who outstike his opponent

ace3g
08-24-2010, 03:31 PM
could be part of the reason King Mo lost
http://www.themmanews.com/?p=18918

torn ACL and PCL in left knee

polandprzem
08-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Well he looked less determined then in a fight versus Mousasi