ducks
08-19-2010, 02:59 PM
because congress never lies

Spurologist
08-19-2010, 03:05 PM
Barry Bonds ver. 2, no?

PGDynasty24
08-19-2010, 05:12 PM
I understand Roger Clemens lied about doing steroids. But your really going to throw a guy looking for a competitive-advantage into prison with murderers/rapists and generally bad people. Don't understand our justice system sometimes...Throw MLB and Bud Sehlig into prison aswell since they knew the whole time,instead protected their product

Goran Dragic
08-19-2010, 05:30 PM
I understand Roger Clemens lied about doing steroids. But your really going to throw a guy looking for a competitive-advantage into prison with murderers/rapists and generally bad people. Don't understand our justice system sometimes...Throw MLB and Bud Sehlig into prison aswell since they knew the whole time,instead protected their product
He lied under oath, it's that simple. Perjury is a crime in this country regardless of what you lied about.

PGDynasty24
08-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Ok he lied under oath,fine him or make him do community service. But I'm hearing he is going to be serving time. Perjury has occurred under far worse circumstances and they have gotten off like nothing. For example:

December 1987: Michael Deaver, former aide to President Ronald Reagan, was convicted of perjury. He was fined $100,000

1977: CIA Director Richard Helms was convicted of providing false information to Congress when he testified about the CIA role in the overthrow of Chile’s President Salvador Allende in 1973. It was a move that Helms had reportedly opposed. Helms received a two-year suspended sentence and a $2,000 fine. His fine was paid by friends of the CIA.

I mean Bill Clinton our own fucking PRESIDENT lied about far worse things under oath,and nothing fucking happened. But your going to throw Clemens in for lying about performance-enhancing drugs. Really Congress don't you have better things to do...

Goran Dragic
08-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Lying about cheating on your wife is a bad thing? Why? Bill Clinton's sex life wasn't our business to begin with.

Deaver was sentenced to 3 years in prison but it was reduced to 3 years probation (most likely because he had friends in the right places). Helms is another case of being friends with the right people. They both received sentences to serve time for their perjury charges, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Clemens lied and obstructed justice. If he didn't wanna serve time, he shoulda simply gone along with the investigation and told the truth. He could have easily avoided the situation he is in. He's also a moron, because if he just went along and didn't drag this out, it woulda been over years ago and George Bush would have pardoned any punishment he received.

PGDynasty24
08-19-2010, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=Goran Dragic;4587689]Lying about cheating on your wife is a bad thing? Why? Bill Clinton's sex life wasn't our business to begin with.

Didn't a couple posts up you just say that Perjury is Perjury no matter what it's about.

BRHornet45
08-20-2010, 12:48 AM
sons Roger has bigger tits than Jessica Simpson. he will do just fine in prison.

symple19
08-20-2010, 05:54 AM
Anybody who uses the term, "misremember" should be thrown in prison and sodomized

atlfan25
08-25-2010, 07:10 AM
Why the fuck not put him in jail. Our system clearly has no clue how to logically prosecute anyone normally. I propose we start some sort of islamic system of cutting off appendages.

Halberto
08-27-2010, 12:07 PM
While I agree that he should go to prison for perjury, I also agree with PGDynasty. Be consistent, there should not be a double standard.