PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vacation

Shifty
08-19-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm planning on traveling to SA and watch a Spurs' game this coming spring. I have never been there so I'll need some help.

What hotels can I stay? For this I'm trying to consider price ($50-150), distance/accessibility from AT&T Center, distance from other SA attractions (what else is there to do? btw).

What seats would you recommend? Never being at a NBA game makes me completely ignorant of what seats are good/bad considering the price. I would be willing to pay $50-120 for each ticket.

Anything else?

:flag:

NRHector
08-19-2010, 09:14 PM
try to get a room in the downtown area, from there you can get to the ATT within 15 mins or less.

DesignatedT
08-19-2010, 09:18 PM
stay downtown. marriott or hyatt if you can find a decent deal. if your willing to spend $120 per ticket you should be able to get some pretty good seats in the lower section. pretty much every seat is good down there but if you want a great seat than i would probably try to sit mid court or in the corner. my season tickets are section 112 row 16 and they are great seats.

benefactor
08-19-2010, 09:21 PM
There are very few bad seats. The AT&T is very well laid out and you can see from almost anywhere. You can get center court seats in the top deck for around 40 bucks...and you can see everything just fine.

spurs10
08-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Front row balcony is affordable. Floor seats behind the basket are less expensive than mid court. Check out the seating chart at spurs.com. Have a good time!

spurs10
08-19-2010, 09:24 PM
stay downtown. marriott or hyatt if you can find a decent deal. if your willing to spend $120 per ticket you should be able to get some pretty good seats in the lower section. pretty much every seat is good down there but if you want a great seat than i would probably try to sit mid court or in the corner. my season tickets are section 112 row 16 and they are great seats.
Those are great, but aren't they higher priced than a buck twenty?

benefactor
08-19-2010, 09:27 PM
125ish a night will get you in any of the nicer hotels right on the river.

DesignatedT
08-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Those are great, but aren't they higher priced than a buck twenty?

Depends what game really. Against the Lakers they will be more expensive but if it's like the jazz or something you could find seats like that for 120 for sure.

benefactor
08-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Depends what game really. Against the Lakers they will be more expensive but if it's like the jazz or something you could find seats like that for 120 for sure.
Nationally televised games are always higher too.

TwelveGs210
08-19-2010, 09:52 PM
I'd be happy to help. Your definitely going to want to stay at the Selina Inn on Old Hwy 90. Not sure of any rates, but I do know you can get them in 15 minute increments. Only a short drive from all major attractions in San Antonio. Enjoy the stay!

20beastie45
08-19-2010, 10:40 PM
You can sleep on my bottom bunk for only 5 dolla a night. then we can get nosebleed seats (of course you pay for parking) and drink till we're barely conscious. then go bar hopping downtown yelling MANU!!! at the top of our lungs till we somehow get a nice accommodation in the drunk tank at magistrate! Then we do it all over again!

so what you think?

Shifty
08-19-2010, 10:47 PM
You can sleep on my bottom bunk for only 5 dolla a night. then we can get nosebleed seats (of course you pay for parking) and drink till we're barely conscious. then go bar hopping downtown yelling MANU!!! at the top of our lungs till we somehow get a nice accommodation in the drunk tank at magistrate! Then we do it all over again!

so what you think?

Intriguing ...

DeadlyDynasty
08-19-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm planning on traveling to SA and watch a Spurs' game this coming spring. I have never been there so I'll need some help.

What hotels can I stay? For this I'm trying to consider price ($50-150), distance/accessibility from AT&T Center, distance from other SA attractions (what else is there to do? btw).

What seats would you recommend? Never being at a NBA game makes me completely ignorant of what seats are good/bad considering the price. I would be willing to pay $50-120 for each ticket.

Anything else?

tourists and natives alike of SA have been asking that question for years...lemme know if you find the answer

JRPOLOBOY
08-19-2010, 11:17 PM

Anything else?

Stay Somewhere Downtown. You can party on the Riverwalk or bars/clubs downtown. There are also very nice restaraunts on the Riverwalk. During the day on weekend you can go to Fiesta Texas. You will definately find something to do down here. :toast

spurs10
08-20-2010, 01:06 AM
The Gunther Hotel downtown. Robert Johnson was recorded there..... it doesn't get much cooler than that.

DeadlyDynasty
08-20-2010, 01:08 AM
The Gunther Hotel downtown. Robert Johnson was recorded there..... it doesn't get much cooler than that.

He was probably given the strychnine there as well...

spurs10
08-20-2010, 01:53 AM
He was probably given the strychnine there as well...
Well, you always have to be careful of what you drink and whose wife you're fooling around with...:lol:toast

pookenstein
08-20-2010, 02:38 AM
When I visited San Antonio for the first time in Feburary I stayed at the Red Roof Inn. Paid like 105$ a night for this room: SUPERIOR KING ROOM NON-SMOKING - Our Best Room with Free WiFi, In-Room Coffee, Microwave & Refrigerator and Free Long Distance

If you just need the room to sleep like I did, it's perfect. King size bed, about 10minutes footwalk to the Rivercenter and Riverwalk and if I remember correctly about 10minutes to the AT&T with a taxi.

For me this was the perfect hotel and I'm considering spending my vacation (I'm from Germany) in San Antonio in April to see the Spurs kick the Suns, Kings and Jazz's asses. And if I do that trip I'm going to stay at the Red Roof for sure.

urunobili
08-20-2010, 07:26 AM
Shifty; I'll be in town for the game on October 30th :) Maybe we could share some expenses to lessen the cost. I'll be driving from DFW for the game.

MoSpur
08-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Come early Spring so that the weather isn't too bad. As stated above you can find a decent room in the downtown area for your price range.