PDA

View Full Version : Broadband League Pass

cantthinkofanything
08-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Had my thread privileges restored then got home and my wife proudly announces that she is saving us $75 per month by switching to UVerse.
Oh and by the way, she gets HBO on demand which DirecTV does't offer.

Has anyone had any experience with the Broadband League Pass?
Are there any quality issues?

METALMiKE
08-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Never had any issues really with BLP, but UVerse has a lot of outages every now and then.

cantthinkofanything
08-20-2010, 10:12 AM
Never had any issues really with BLP, but UVerse has a lot of outages every now and then.

Thanks for the info.

MarCowMar
08-20-2010, 10:36 AM
When BBLP is working it's great. But there are a lot of blackouts and technical problems: missing sounds, missing channels, missing games, etc. Any game broadcast nationally is not included (think NBA TV, TNT, ABC, ESPN). Most of the games come through as promised but it's a real downer when they don't.

Technical support for BBLP is based overseas and is _internet chat only_. You are not permitted to speak with a human.

cantthinkofanything
08-20-2010, 10:39 AM
When BBLP is working it's great. But there are a lot of blackouts and technical problems: missing sounds, missing channels, missing games, etc. Any game broadcast nationally is not included (think NBA TV, TNT, ABC, ESPN). Most of the games come through as promised but it's a real downer when they don't.

Technical support for BBLP is based overseas and is _internet chat only_. You are not permitted to speak with a human.

If it's broadcast nationally, I'm OK. I'm just trying to fill in the gaps of the games that I wouldn't be able to see with the UVerse Fox Sports Package.
But because I life in Ft. Worth, I understand this could be quite a bit as FSSW broadcasts will be Mavs.

Does anyone know if there are multiple FSSW feeds on UVerse?

DPG21920
08-20-2010, 11:09 AM
The quality of LPB has really improved. As long as you have good Internet connection, you will be fine. You can even hook up your pc to your tv and watch.

There is only blackouts in your local area. So if you are a spurs fan in Dallas, you can watch every game that is not on national tv.

cantthinkofanything
08-20-2010, 11:22 AM
The quality of LPB has really improved. As long as you have good Internet connection, you will be fine. You can even hook up your pc to your tv and watch.

There is only blackouts in your local area. So if you are a spurs fan in Dallas, you can watch every game that is not on national tv.

That seems OK. Thanks. Sounds like any issues are going to be strictly internet related. Other people in the neighborhood have had good things to say about ATT as compared to Charter so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

In any event, it sounds like a better solution than getting a new wife. For now.

E-RockWill
08-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Every Spurs game is televised so you don't need the BBLP.
Wait, that's if you're in the 'tones viewing area, my bad......

cantthinkofanything
08-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Every Spurs game is televised so you don't need the BBLP.
Wait, that's if you're in the 'tones viewing area, my bad......

Maybe you could set up a slingbox for me...

jimo2305
08-20-2010, 12:31 PM
lol i used to work in the tech support dept. for uverse..

:rolleyes

but anyway yea.. lol..

nba broadband league pass is of no use to me since i can't watch my local spurs games :( .. we're blacked out all the time..

DesignatedT
08-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Quality is nice on LPB. Just make sure you have a laptop or pc that can support it. I have watched on an older computer before and experiences lagging and crap. I had a couple other issues throughout the whole season but for the most part it was alright.

gospursgojas
08-20-2010, 01:12 PM
You're old enough to be married?

DPG21920
08-20-2010, 01:23 PM

but anyway yea.. lol..

nba broadband league pass is of no use to me since i can't watch my local spurs games :( .. we're blacked out all the time..

Where do you live?

cantthinkofanything
08-20-2010, 01:24 PM
You're old enough to be married?

Old enough to have learned history and verb usage from Saturday morning cartoons soooooo.....

DBMethos
08-20-2010, 02:37 PM
LPBB has been good to me. Quality is very nice, especially comparing it with streams from more questionable sources. My biggest problem has been when the scheduled Spurs game has been switched with some other game by accident, with the Spurs game nowhere in sight. However that only happened twice last year, I think.

Waps1980
08-20-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm thinking of getting this also in Australia.
Anyone used international league pass broadband would be keen for reports.

jimo2305
08-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Where do you live?

san antonio.. im only blacked out because it's considered a local team game..

league pass won't show me games in the city that my IP is logged in from

Thompson
08-20-2010, 08:18 PM
Anyone know if Seguin is a blackout area for Spurs games (a little over 30 miles from S.A.)?

For that matter, anyone know if FSSW in Waco broadcasts S.A. games? I'm guessing they'll probably broadcast Houston, but I thought I'd ask.

METALMiKE
08-20-2010, 08:32 PM

I worked at that place for 6 months.

hated it when ppl would tell me they were inconvenienced by the "Press OK to watch TV" screen.

Manudona
08-20-2010, 08:51 PM
As other said, BLP is great when it works, I use my projector to watch it big screen and surprisingly it looks very good. The one thing that you should take into account is that if you are only interested in watching the Spurs, you do not need the full blown BLP, as there is another one, which I forgot the name right now, that is much cheaper for it only allows you to watch games from 5 teams of your choice. I used it last season as I am only interested in watching Spurs games, so I had 4 fillers that never used, I have a wife...

jimo2305
08-21-2010, 12:57 PM
I worked at that place for 6 months.

hated it when ppl would tell me they were inconvenienced by the "Press OK to watch TV" screen.

haha really? from when to when? maybe we were there at the same time..

man.. people were so spoiled it was ridiculous

monkeypunk
08-21-2010, 02:53 PM
I live in Cedar Park, have Uverse and had LP Broadband last year. It was great except for the games on NBATV, which Uverse doesn't carry and are blacked out on BLP. That sucked having to find a stream for those but overall it was great. I have the 18 Mg connection and it streamed like a demon but you have to make sure your DVR is well ventilated. They run hot anyway especially watching HD. Mine locked up four times last year (even after having it replaced). It then takes around 45 minutes to an hour for it to cool off enough to run and it won't record while in this state so I missed out on a good chunk of some games because of it.

Overall, it was worth it. Sucks for those games on NBATV though...

bigbendbruisebrother
08-22-2010, 12:57 PM
I have a media PC that dual boots between Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.04 (Linux). I use Firefox on both partitions. BBLP games that were blacked out showed up as available and I was able to watch them with Firefox on Ubuntu. Don't tell anybody though :nope

DesignatedT
08-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Yeah, like mentioned above the games on NBAtv were the only ones that screwed me for the most part. They consider NBAtv games nationally televised games so they blackout the game on broadband.

METALMiKE
08-23-2010, 01:33 AM
haha really? from when to when? maybe we were there at the same time..

man.. people were so spoiled it was ridiculous

this past January - June.

man that place stank, no girls either...

cantthinkofanything
09-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Just an update. If you live in the DFW area and subscribe to ATT UVerse package, you will get FSSW feeds from San Antonio as well as Houston and Dallas. So, theoretically, you won't miss a Spurs game if Dallas is also playing.

monkeypunk
09-08-2010, 02:43 PM
I have a media PC that dual boots between Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.04 (Linux). I use Firefox on both partitions. BBLP games that were blacked out showed up as available and I was able to watch them with Firefox on Ubuntu. Don't tell anybody though :nope

Good tip!

:toast