PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets are in a good position

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-21-2010, 05:59 AM
1.) Keep Melo (even if he holds off signing till later this season) and improve before the deadline by using Kmart's expiring deal. Hopefully then Melo signs the extension, of course it is a risk

2.) Sign and trade Melo now for some young pieces (eg Favors or Gallinari in a package and picks etc) and then use all the expirings and quickly build a solid young team again.

No matter which ever way this turns out, the Nuggets will turn out a heck of alot better than the Cavs or Raptors (although i know that isn't too hard).

I like Melo but id personally like to see him moved for young pieces and start rebuilding. I think he has taken the Nuggets as far as he ever can.

Double-Up
08-21-2010, 09:01 AM
1.) Keep Melo (even if he holds off signing till later this season) and improve before the deadline by using Kmart's expiring deal. Hopefully then Melo signs the extension, of course it is a risk

2.) Sign and trade Melo now for some young pieces (eg Favors or Gallinari in a package and picks etc) and then use all the expirings and quickly build a solid young team again.

No matter which ever way this turns out, the Nuggets will turn out a heck of alot better than the Cavs or Raptors (although i know that isn't too hard).

I like Melo but id personally like to see him moved for young pieces and start rebuilding. I think he has taken the Nuggets as far as he ever can.

The Nets aren't giving up Favors just so you know...at least I hope they don't.

DaDakota
08-21-2010, 09:09 AM
You guys keep that guy in Denver, we in Houston want no part of the "Melo"drama he creates.

DD

redzero
08-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Is it true that Melo wants Lawson to start next season?

djohn2oo8
08-21-2010, 10:10 AM
You guys keep that guy in Denver, we in Houston want no part of the "Melo"drama he creates.

DD

No, more like just you! You thought Von Wafer could be a star, so you don't speak for Rockets fans

Darthkiller
08-21-2010, 10:19 AM
lol the nuggets are in a terrible position. melo just can refuse to sign an extention, tell new york to not trade anyone for him. and just sign there at the end of the season. Nuggets get nothing.

you are a fool if you think new york is going to give up any talent for melo.

sribb43
08-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Good position for the lottery...team won't be as bad as the twolves but with Melo gone and Billups aging, no chance

Henke
08-21-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't know about longterm but I think Nuggets will be the biggest disappointment in the West this season.
They will barely make the playoffs.Book this shit.

DaDakota
08-21-2010, 12:09 PM
No, more like just you! You thought Von Wafer could be a star, so you don't speak for Rockets fans

Making stuff up is bad mojo, I liked Von as an energy guy off the bench, but we don't need him any more because we have better players like Chase Budinger.

As for Melo, you are right, I do not want him, he has a checkered history and is a chucker, a ball stopper, a defensive seive, and casual fans think he is better than he really is, but when you dig into his overall play....he is just not that great.

Sure, he can score the ball, but he takes a ton of shots and possessions to get those points.

Do not want.....run with what we have, a true team....a group of near all star players playing as one.

DD

TDMVPDPOY
08-21-2010, 12:11 PM
melo is good as gone man....he jump ship to the knicks camp

21_Blessings
08-21-2010, 12:12 PM
I don't know about longterm but I think Nuggets will be the biggest disappointment in the West this season.

Mav Fan speaks from experience.

Pelicans78
08-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Nuggets are as loaded as any team in the league. At least when you look at the roster. Harrington, Birdman, JR, and Lawson off the bench is pretty impressive, and their starting lineup should be very strong. Honestly, Melo won't find a better situation to win a ring. Needs to stay in Denver.

08-21-2010, 05:29 PM
nuggets aren't really going anywhere next year, or the year after. billups and kmart have reached their limits and jr smith seemed to stop growing. the nuggets will have to rebuild pretty soon. melo doesn't want to wait and waste his prime. can't say i blame him. going to the nets or knicks, who already are rebuilding would be much better than wandering around the bottom of the playoffs.

djohn2oo8
08-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Making stuff up is bad mojo, I liked Von as an energy guy off the bench, but we don't need him any more because we have better players like Chase Budinger.

As for Melo, you are right, I do not want him, he has a checkered history and is a chucker, a ball stopper, a defensive seive, and casual fans think he is better than he really is, but when you dig into his overall play....he is just not that great.

Sure, he can score the ball, but he takes a ton of shots and possessions to get those points.

Do not want.....run with what we have, a true team....a group of near all star players playing as one.

DD

Yet they still aren't ELITE...He IS the final piece to this team, a star is all we need. His rebounding would be helpful as well, but to say no because he is a chucker? When the guy is hitting the prime of his career, you don't say no to that. So you can hold out hope for when the next star is available on the market, cuz it won't be for a while

sribb43
08-21-2010, 09:26 PM
I think that Harrington contract will be a deal the Nuggets regret. 5yrs @ full MLE, I see it turing into a Posey situation. By year 2 or 3 they will be looking to unload bc Melo will be gone and billups will want a trade bc the team is in the shitter

DeadlyDynasty
08-21-2010, 09:29 PM
nuggets are NOT in a good position no matter how you slice it

Ashy Larry
08-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Nuggets are always in a good position ...... on all fours and getting ass reamed from the back.

This year won't be any different.

alchemist
08-22-2010, 09:35 AM
nuggets are NOT in a good position no matter how you slice it
*agrees with Lakerfan* :wow

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-22-2010, 04:32 PM
With Melo getting married and having one foot out the door, the Nuggets are toast. All the good players are fleeing the West. No one wants to face Kobe's Lakers.

thats my niggggaaaaa!!

#41 Shoot Em Up
08-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Nuggets are always in a good position ...... on all fours and getting ass reamed from the back.

This year won't be any different.

:lol agreed. Why is it Lakers fans make the most sense on this board???? And the dumbest are the Mavs fans????

Ashy Larry
08-22-2010, 05:30 PM
:lol agreed. Why is it Lakers fans make the most sense on this board???? And the dumbest are the Mavs fans????

that's not always the case ....... even you know that.

TDMVPDPOY
08-22-2010, 06:53 PM
nuggets will continue to be first round fodder in the west...i dont see them winning a championship with melo or anyone in the foreseeable future

"Jigsaw"
08-22-2010, 07:01 PM
With Melo getting married and having one foot out the door, the Nuggets are toast. All the good players are fleeing the West. No one wants to face Kobe's Lakers.

Either that, or they are getting old. Like Amare, who doesn't value the privilege of playing in the NBA, had the chance to go somewhere he could win, but instead chose to go and rot in New York, where he will never taste the playoffs again. Utah got weaker, Phoenix got weaker, Blazers future is cloudy as hell, OKC looks legit, Spurs gettin older, Mavs are 0 and forever, New Orleans already sucked, now they trade Collison LOL, and Rockets rely on Yao, once again, who will be hurt. These teams will be tested, and we will see who steps up