PDA

View Full Version : What player are you looking....?

Nathan89
08-22-2010, 02:24 PM
What player are you looking forward to seeing the most?

Even though I now hate the RJ trade and I definitely hate that we gave him a long-term extension. I am most looking forward to seeing Rj on the court. Rj was really disappointing last year and I am hoping this year is different. I know he won't be a 20pt per game scorer like he was at the Bucks, I just want some of similar efficiency at 3pt line and free-throw line. Last year his free-throw percentage dropped significantly which points to something mental that was effecting his game. Now that he has a new contract there should be no mental issues effecting his game. The boost in confidence and one year in the system should result in a dramatically different Rj on the court. I expect a higher 3pt%,ft%,mid-range shot %. All of this should get him more into the game resulting in more intensity at the defensive end.

The big indicator for me at the beginning of the season will be his free-throws. That will tell me if this is going to be a good year for Rj.

Leonard Curse
08-22-2010, 02:36 PM
ive been watching a full game from tiagos old team almost every night so im really looking forward to tiagos play, its a cliche as a spurs fan but you know what its what were all waiting for, i love tiagos loyalty and heart 0ut there, very manu-ish

Solid D
08-22-2010, 02:51 PM
James Anderson.

Sisk
08-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Splitter mostly

Then Neal

DPG21920
08-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Parker. I want to see if he is fully healthy and what level he can get back to.

quentin_compson
08-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Pops Mensah-Bonsu. Oh, wait ...

Hm, for the new guys, probably Splitter.
But apart from that, seeing if Tony can get back to where he was two seasons ago (like DPG already said).

Hooks
08-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Anderson son!

Tiago Splitter too, I think both players will make a big impact this year.

blkroadrunners
08-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Splitter.

8FOR!3
08-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Tiago Splitter, James Anderson, then Gary Neal. As far as players who aren't new, it's Richard Jefferson, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili.

ChuckD
08-22-2010, 03:55 PM
I'd like to see Blair play enough minutes to go for a double/double average. If he does that, or gets close, we're goin' deep.

ohmwrecker
08-22-2010, 04:04 PM
1. All-Star Tony Parker
2. '05 Manu Ginobili
3. a confident, focused Richard Jefferson
4. '03 Tim Duncan
5. a Tiago Splitter that meets expectations
6. a vastly improved George Hill
7. a vastly improved Dejuan Blair with more minutes
8. a healthy Antonio McDyess who is ready for the playoffs
9. a James Anderson that exceeds expectations
10. very little Matt Bonner

Dex
08-22-2010, 04:18 PM
1. All-Star Tony Parker
2. '05 Manu Ginobili
3. a confident, focused Richard Jefferson
4. '03 Tim Duncan
5. a Tiago Splitter that meets expectations
6. a vastly improved George Hill
7. a vastly improved Dejuan Blair with more minutes
8. a healthy Antonio McDyess who is ready for the playoffs
9. a James Anderson that exceeds expectations
10. very little Matt Bonner

This, plus...
11. Wild card players like Neal, Temple, and Gee

Basically, looking forward to watching the whole team. And the cheerleaders.

Has the season started yet?

Nathan89
08-22-2010, 04:25 PM
This, plus...
11. Wild card players like Neal, Temple, and Gee

Basically, looking forward to watching the whole team. And the cheerleaders.

Has the season started yet?

You can't tell from how slow this forum is. Dr. Ohmwrecker said "This place has officially flatlined" in the other thread. As bad as this forum is looking right now, it is going to get worst in the coming days.:depressed

DirkISaCocLuvinPuSSy
08-22-2010, 06:25 PM
I wanna see Anderson
I wanna see an 011 Hill
and I wanna see a contract season, well rested, Tony Parker

this season gunna be good I can feel it, it feeling a lot like 03 to me

benefactor
08-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Splitter. With this team in desperate need of another presence down low I am really hoping he can come in and immediately take pressure off the Duncan and the Spurs perimeter players.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
08-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Splitter
Blair
Parker

BlackSwordsMan
08-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Im jefferson, I'm a lazy good for nothing sack of shit

Biggems
08-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Spurs - RJ

Rest of League - Damion James

Duncan2177
08-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Splitter and Jefferson :lobt2:

elemento
08-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Splitter and James Anderson

Juanobili
08-22-2010, 08:42 PM
A year ago... we were wondering if Splitter would ever come over.. we had no idea we would have James Anderson

2 years ago... Blair wasn't on anyone's radar

3 years ago... we didn't know George Hill existed lol

so with that said..... MOTHERFUCKING SPLITTER!!!!!!

DesignatedT
08-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Splitter definitely

TIMMYD!
08-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Splitter, Anderson, and Blair.

Chieflion
08-22-2010, 09:02 PM
James Anderson. Splitter will get his burn so I wouldn't be really looking forward to seeing him.

Mrlunt925
08-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Definitely Splitter for me. So much talk about this guy and I only hope he can fulfill half of it.

The other guy would be RJ. Second year, maybe some more meaningful results.

timtonymanu
08-22-2010, 10:49 PM
Pretty much everyone except Bonner.

In this order:
1. Splitter
2. Hill
3. Blair
4. Anderson
5. Temple
6. Gee
7. Parker
8. McDyess
9. Manu - only because i know what to expect
10. Duncan - only because i know what to expect
11. Neal
12. RJ

100. Bonner

Juanobili
08-22-2010, 10:56 PM
totally forgot about RJ

do you guys realize the meltdown that would take place if he didn't play GOOD

he can have a few bad games and I'm convinced some of you will show up at his house with torches and pitchforks

LongtimeSpursFan
08-22-2010, 11:30 PM
SPLITTER!!!!

I think this guy is going to give the Spurs a new identity and make an impact similar to what Ginobili did his first year with the Spurs. His passion, energy, and smart basketball play are going to make the Spurs more entertaining than they have been in a long time.

OrEmuN
08-23-2010, 04:06 AM
Neal to light up the league and all the Lakers fans coming in and slated us for supporting a rapist.

mountainballer
08-23-2010, 04:53 AM
1: Splitter delivering a sensational rookie season
(30 MPG, 12 and 8 or better)
2: Splitter delivering a good rookie season
(27 MPG, 11 and 7)
3: Splitter delivering a decent rookie season
(24 MPG, 10 and 6)
4: Parker back on the 07-08 level.
(08-09 will go down as his career season statwise)
5: Hill further improved, so can take more of the workload of Manu and/or compensate for a regression of Manu.
6: a more consistent RJ, who fits better with the system (he won't deliver better stats tough)
7: Blair improved enough to become the legit 3rd big in the rotation
(20-24MPG, 10 and 8)
8: Tim healthy
9: Manu healthy
10: Anderson good enough for getting regular minutes. (15-20 MPG)

mingus
08-23-2010, 04:56 AM
RJ. just because if the spurs are going to win it all I believe he has to play good d ( not great or excellent) and adapt his game offensively, which means being able to spread the floor. if the same player as last year returns, I might just stop watching the Spirs altogether this year. Not because I'm not a Spurs fan, but because I don't think I can mentally handle seeing RJ suck and still get that contract.

G-Dawgg
08-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Wow I just realized how potentially dominant this team could actually be if all the players that we just picked up turn-out to be as good as they are all being hyped up to be, and if DeJuan Blair steps it up and Richard Jefferson puts in his work....WOW. The Lakers better be pretty fricken scared.

G-Dawgg
08-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Neal to light up the league and all the Lakers fans coming in and slated us for supporting a rapist.

I feel like a hypocrite.. cheering against the Lakers, I always said that Kobe was a fricken skinner...now we have one on our own team. WTF!!

superbigtime
08-23-2010, 10:23 AM
1. Splitter. Finally a foreign big who comes to the Spurs (not counting TD). I hope he has enough muscle and strength to battle.

2. Big 3. Probably their last stand. Please stay healthy. Take it easy Tim. Watching these guys play well is basketball nirvana.

3. RJ. Play like we know you can. Bring more focus and courage. Hit your FTs, 3s, and take it to the basket. D up.

4. Anderson. Would be awesome if he finds a groove and Pop's confidence.

5. Hill. Needs redemption in my opinion. As great as he was in the Mavs series, he sucked against the Suns and couldn't guard Nash. I think he has a very nice year this season. Will he focus on ball distribution and play making or scoring?

6. Blair. Let's see what you do with hopefully more consistent PT from unpredictable Pop.

7. Dice. Stay steady, don't fade into obscurity. I think his and Blair's PT will fluctuate.

8. Gee, Neal, Temple. If 2 of these 3 are solid will be a valuable surprise.

9. Bonner.

TD 21
08-23-2010, 01:34 PM
1: Splitter delivering a sensational rookie season
(30 MPG, 12 and 8 or better)
2: Splitter delivering a good rookie season
(27 MPG, 11 and 7)
3: Splitter delivering a decent rookie season
(24 MPG, 10 and 6)
4: Parker back on the 07-08 level.
(08-09 will go down as his career season statwise)
5: Hill further improved, so can take more of the workload of Manu and/or compensate for a regression of Manu.
6: a more consistent RJ, who fits better with the system (he won't deliver better stats tough)
7: Blair improved enough to become the legit 3rd big in the rotation
(20-24MPG, 10 and 8)
8: Tim healthy
9: Manu healthy
10: Anderson good enough for getting regular minutes. (15-20 MPG)

I'd be very surprised to see Splitter playing anything more than 20 mpg. If that is the case, then that, along with the amount of talent on this team, means he'll likely deliver more modest stats than you're suggesting. I think he's capable of those numbers though.

I agree about Jefferson not delivering better stats, for the most part. I expect his three point shooting and free throw shooting to progress to the mean, but other than that, I'm expecting similar stats to last season. Again, that will be predicated on the talent on this team more than anything. He won't get enough minutes or shots to score significantly more and rebounding wise, it'll be difficult for him to corral significantly more than last season considering he has to contend with Duncan, Blair (who might start, but even if he doesn't, will probably play more), McDyess and Splitter (he's not a great rebounder, but he's an improvement over Bonner).

silverblackfan
08-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Mostly Splitter, just to see a bigger talent next to Tim. After that, it is mostly to see how RJ, Hill, and Blair improve and what impact Anderson will have.

And watch Malik finally....oh, damn.

admiralsnackbar
08-23-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm more interested in seeing if our roster seems capable of balance and efficiency than in any one player's performance at this point. I do hope we see a renewed passion for defensive rigor from the coaching staff.

lefty
08-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Andersoooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

S-Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

urunobili
08-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Anderson

DrSteffo
08-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Splitter, Anderson and Temple (want him to get some more opportunities)