PDA

View Full Version : How Valuable is Duncan to the Spurs?

milkyway21
05-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Forget Duncan?

Duncan is playing like Chris Webb?

Not playing enough defense?

okay, enough! I am cheering for this team for some obvious reason, particularly: #21.

So, if you think Tim Duncan is no longer capable of bringing us to the finals and grab that 3rd trophy and shld get traded next season, I WANT TO KNOW.

I also want you to suggest a suitable replacement. Who you think is better than a Tim Duncan who can play alongside Manu.

I know there ARE lot of teams who wants his services(New York,Cleveland, Philadelphia, Orlando...etc.),

so, what do you think? Trade him? for whom?

Speak!

E20
05-18-2005, 08:08 PM
Don't trade Tim Duncan, who would do that?

firepopovich
05-18-2005, 08:10 PM
steve nash and manu would be sick

bonesinaz
05-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Didn't the Lakers let Shaq go last year? What happened to LA when they traded Shaq?

milkyway21
05-18-2005, 08:12 PM
Don't trade Tim Duncan, who would do that?....definitely NOT me!

check the threads...there are a lot of them bashing Duncan. I just want to know if he's still needed in San Antonio...

pls. vote, okay?

thanks!

ALVAREZ6
05-18-2005, 08:14 PM
WTF kind of a poll is this?

firepopovich
05-18-2005, 08:16 PM
this is nothing like shaq/lakers. for one thing manu is pure and simple the leader of this team. kobe was a ballhog looking for glory.

milkyway21
05-18-2005, 08:17 PM
WTF kind of a poll is this?WTF...just like what i thought when i read a thread such as "the Spurs is Manu's team Now?"

this is a poll for some fan of Tim Duncan.

ALVAREZ6
05-18-2005, 08:24 PM
WTF...just like what i thought when i read a thread such as "the Spurs is Manu's team Now?"

this is a poll for some fan of Tim Duncan.
This is rediculous, why trade Duncan?

The only person worth trading for is pretty much...no one!

Spurs fans, we are all spoiled, don't tell me we need to trade him, this roster is a hell of a team.

thispego
05-18-2005, 08:28 PM
trade duncan?
never in my life have i heard such a dumb proposition, why even waste badwidth with a thread like this?
milkyway, please tell me this is a farcical poll... otherwise.. you are dumb

E20
05-18-2005, 08:35 PM
LOL calm down, milkyway21 has said twice already that he's responding to the # of 'Duncan bashing' threads. Tim played well yesterday not, the Timmy we know but, a quiet one with 20 points and 14 rebounds.

timvp
05-18-2005, 08:38 PM
Tim is expendable now that we have Baby Hakeem.

Sincerely,

AHF

RobinsontoDuncan
05-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Milkyway you are such a dumb ass, i never fucking said i wanted to trade Duncan, only that he isn't playing the way he used to and is capable of, and is becoming someone who is much less talented, because he is turing away from what made him so good in the first place. I want him to revert, not fucking get traded you dumb ass

Jdspur20
05-18-2005, 08:42 PM
this is the worst thread i have ever seen since i've been here. the 3 people that voted yes to this should never be allowed to post again.

milkyway21
05-18-2005, 08:45 PM
trade duncan?
never in my life have i heard such a dumb proposition, why even waste badwidth with a thread like this?
milkyway, please tell me this is a farcical poll... otherwise.. you are dumb...yeah! I AM TOO DUMB TOO THINK THAT DUNCAN IS BETTER THAN ANYBODY ELSE FROM THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS TEAM.

Maybe.:rolleyes

firepopovich
05-18-2005, 08:46 PM
geez since when does being a spurs fan mean you have to ride duncans sack?

SenorSpur
05-18-2005, 08:47 PM
Anyone who would entertain the thought of trading Tim is mentally "out-to-lunch with lunchmeat"

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Tim is expendable now that we have Baby Hakeem.

Sincerely,

AHF

I thought we traded your boy Rose, LJ. Did he come back or something?

milkyway21
05-18-2005, 08:49 PM
this is the worst thread i have ever seen since i've been here. the 3 people that voted yes to this should never be allowed to post again.agreed!

...actually I got what i wanted to know.

that is....THERE ARE ACTUALLY PEOPLE AROUND HERE, CHEERING FOR THE SPURS BUT WANTS DUNCAN TO GET TRADED.

I am very disappointed.:cry

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-18-2005, 08:50 PM

Well he did ask who you'd trade him for (I assume you voted for trade with your tone in this thread). Whose nut suck would you rather ride, firep_p?

bonesinaz
05-18-2005, 08:53 PM
this is nothing like shaq/lakers. for one thing manu is pure and simple the leader of this team. kobe was a ballhog looking for glory.

Shaq=bigman=former MVP
duncan=bigman=former MVP

I miss Shaq.
Sincerely,
Penny Hardaway

I do too.
Sincerely,
Kobe

I am glad I have him.
Sincerely,
DWade

thispego
05-18-2005, 08:54 PM
...yeah! I AM TOO DUMB TOO THINK THAT DUNCAN IS BETTER THAN ANYBODY ELSE FROM THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS TEAM.

Maybe.:rolleyes
you were actually proposing that we trade Duncan for someone else in the LEAGUE.... your purpose of this thread/poll is ambiguous.

why would you make a poll when you know that it will be 100% for one of the options offered?

firepopovich
05-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Shaq=bigman=former MVP
duncan=bigman=former MVP

I miss Shaq.
Sincerely,
Penny Hardaway

I do too.
Sincerely,
Kobe

I am glad I have him.
Sincerely,
DWade

true but shaq was the heart of those lakers championships teams which is why the lakers struggled so bad without him. while duncan is a good player he wasnt exactly the same for the spurs championships robinson was.

SuperManu!!!
05-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Duncan won't be traded.....but it would help us to trade some fans :lol

milkyway21
05-18-2005, 09:02 PM
you were actually proposing that we trade Duncan for someone else in the LEAGUE.... your purpose of this thread/poll is ambiguous.

why would you make a poll when you know that it will be 100% for one of the options offered?..proposing?

I was ASKING IF we shld trade since a lot of people were already bashing him and making him less valuble...

and WHO do you think IS a lot better than a Tim Duncan who can play alongside the fav Manu.

Why would I trade Duncan?

Hello!!!!

N.Y. Johnny
05-18-2005, 09:02 PM
How Valuable Is Duncan To The Spurs?
He is the Franchise!!! Valuable...really valuable!
man do we trade Duncan? hell no

if We didn't have Duncan we're not even discussing being eliminated in the 1st round of the playoffs, in fact there are no playoffs, no SBC Center, no titles, we're all gearing up for the MLS coming to San Antonio right about now if not for Duncan!!! :pctoss

milkyway21
05-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Duncan won't be traded.....but it would help us to trade some fans :lol:lmao :lmao :lmao

thispego
05-18-2005, 09:05 PM
..proposing?

I was ASKING IF we shld trade since a lot of people were already bashing him and making him less valuble...

and WHO do you think IS a lot better than a Tim Duncan who can play alongside the fav Manu.

Why would I trade Duncan?

Hello!!!!
ok, i got you, i realize that thread is in response to the duncan bashing.....
all duncan bashers.... go to hell

firepopovich
05-18-2005, 09:08 PM
well if we didnt have manu you cant honestly think this team wouldve beat denver. i mean after duncan misses a couple of free throws he looks like he wants to crawl into a corner and die. maybe its the injury who knows. the point is duncan is not god and hes ceratainly not as dominate as shaq was.

myhc
05-18-2005, 09:10 PM
He's been injured and fatigued all season. Give him a fucking break.

1Parker1
05-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Duncan has an off game in the playoffs when Manu shines through and all of a sudden Manu is the captain of the team and Tim Duncan is expendable? :rolleyes

I love this forum :lol

How valuable is Tim Duncan to the Spurs?
Well, he's so fucking valuable that when he went down with a severe ankle injury in March, Spurs lost to the lottery bound Knicks, an injury depleted Pacers team, and had a 30 point blowout loss to the Mavs. He's so valuable that just his fucking presence on the BENCH cheering them on, helped inspire them to win games.

***Pardon my frequent use of the F*** word.

milkyway21
05-18-2005, 09:24 PM
his fucking presence on the BENCH cheering them on, helped inspire them to win games.

thanks for bringing that up 1Parker1.

Leetonidas
05-18-2005, 09:24 PM
No.

nkdlunch
05-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Stupidest Poll I've ever seen. Who are the 3 assholes who voted yes???
they should be banned from this site.

Summers
05-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Highly-inappropriate-post warning:

I'd pay good money to do that. :)

milkyway21
05-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Stupidest Poll I've ever seen. Who are the 3 assholes who voted yes???
they should be banned from this site.

why shld we ban a Spurs fan for being honest?

but at least, they could have suggested a player in exchange for Duncan:angel

i didn't see a name.

nkdlunch
05-18-2005, 10:27 PM
It's just that trading Duncan would be like suicide. Sort of what the Lakers did w/Shaq. That's all.

team-work
05-18-2005, 10:33 PM
Duncan and Manu are complementary to each other. Unlike the Shaq/Kobe rivalry, there is no argument about who's the best. Everyone does his best to bring the championship.

TurnNiggazDreams2Flames
05-18-2005, 10:36 PM
"I eat shit for breakfast" forum...next heard such a stupid idea in my life. Manu and Tony and even Bruce wouldnt be the players they are without the Big Fundamental...Come on ya'all....

milkyway21
05-18-2005, 10:55 PM
"I eat shit for breakfast" forum...next heard such a stupid idea in my life. Manu and Tony and even Bruce wouldnt be the players they are without the Big Fundamental...Come on ya'all....well, there are actually 4 people who think trading Duncan is not stupid idea at all.

but, coming from a Sac King fan who's saying NO, starting this forum is worth my time, anytime.

GoSpurs21
05-18-2005, 11:17 PM
I would never trade Duncan, but I would really like to see Duncan play defense with his hands UP instead of at his side like last night

rwb
05-18-2005, 11:29 PM
Even if he's 80 years old and trailing a colostomy bag I want Duncan in a Spurs uniform until he retires. I agree...Duncan is the franchise same as DRob was.

milkyway21
05-19-2005, 02:19 AM
I would never trade Duncan, but I would really like to see Duncan play defense with his hands UP instead of at his side like last nightthanks for telling me that...I'm starting to worry:D

http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/52819751BB022_Sonics_Spurs051802_lower.jpg
okay, Timmy show up in Game 6. Finish it.

TurnNiggazDreams2Flames
05-19-2005, 03:35 AM
well, there are actually 4 people who think trading Duncan is not stupid idea at all.

but, coming from a Sac King fan who's saying NO, starting this forum is worth my time, anytime.

the four people who said trade Duncan are probably LakerGod and 3 of Mouse's alias's. come on...everyone knows that...Duncan aint going no where...and as much as i love DRob (my favorite player of all time), Duncan will go down as the better player.

SpurYank
05-19-2005, 07:52 AM
The Celtics have always wanted him. I'd trade even up for Paul Pierce. This is a player who plays with emotion, all the time. I'd trade Tony for Larry Hughes, make him number two and move Manu to #1. Manu penetrates the paint consistently and would have a plus 10 in assists for most games. Not to mention 15 to 20 trips to the free throw line per game.

Pierce, Hughes and Manu are over 80% at the line, another factor.

Useruser666
05-19-2005, 08:08 AM
The Celtics have always wanted him. I'd trade even up for Paul Pierce. This is a player who plays with emotion, all the time. I'd trade Tony for Larry Hughes, make him number two and move Manu to #1. Manu penetrates the paint consistently and would have a plus 10 in assists for most games. Not to mention 15 to 20 trips to the free throw line per game.

Pierce, Hughes and Manu are over 80% at the line, another factor.

You would trade Duncan for Pierce? Pffft! That's a crap deal!

You can only trade Duncan for another great big. Since there is no other great big, unless you think KG can all of a sudden win a title here, then the point is mute. Michael Jordan isn't playing, and Shaq is too old. Those are the only two people that would be a + for the Spurs.

vanvannen
05-19-2005, 08:09 AM
Who in the hell are the 6 people who actually want TD traded? This is insane. He is the cornerstone of this team. This team is nothing without Timmy. Just look at what happened when he was hurting. We are a crappy lottery team without him.

johnny00
05-19-2005, 08:13 AM
Should Duncan get traded????

What kind of shittyass poll is this????

fuckin nonsense.

ambchang
05-19-2005, 08:17 AM
This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard in the basketball world.
Duncan does not demand a crazy contract like Shaq did, he is happy as a Spur, he just finished 3rd in MVP voting despite losing a significant amount of time, he struggled for a few games IN WHICH THE SPURS WON after his ankle injury, and there are people who would suggest a trade? The thread is probably created to provoke a reaction, which it is successful at doing, but just the mere mention of trading Duncan is unthinking, even blasphemous.

waly.mg
05-19-2005, 09:07 AM
Iīm from Argentina and iīm one of the most Manuīs Fan, but itīs ridiculous to think about Duncanīs trade

the Question is : Why? For Who?

Thereīs no one player in the NBA who can made Duncanīs things

The Spurs arenīt the Lakers

Duncan must to die in the Spurs, he won the first 2 championships of the team, and if he lost five, doesnīt matter

We have 12 players in the team and we can trade 9 or 10 players, so why we want to trade Duncan, the Spirit of the Team, and the father of the 2 Rings

williemoonshine
05-19-2005, 09:38 AM
the city would rather trade away its mexican food than Tim!

MadDog73
05-19-2005, 09:42 AM
I'm not even wasting my time responding to this crap.

bigzak25
05-19-2005, 09:47 AM
2nd best big in the league, soon to be the 1st when shaq retires.

since this is fantasy,

I'd trade him for the wallace bro's and mcdyess, oh and throw in Milicic, but only if they take rasho's sorry ass.

better option? package rasho and tony for ben wallace. they can throw in arroyo. i like that too.

spurschick
05-19-2005, 09:51 AM
Should Duncan get traded? Sure. Why not. Let's go ahead and trade Manu too. And, while we're at it, let's see if we can get Charlie Ward back. Maybe Christian Laettner would be interested in coming to San Antonio as well. We should probably give up our rights to Luis Scola too. Also, let's change the team colors to lime green and red.

ANY OTHER BRIGHT IDEAS?! :rolleyes

unnosy
05-19-2005, 10:00 AM
why trade him?
you want to go back to being lottery...

Jimcs50
05-19-2005, 10:13 AM
Alright, who were the 6 idiots that voted yes?

kskonn
05-19-2005, 10:17 AM
I think the craziest Idea I saw was someone suggested trading him for Nash!!!!!!! old ass nash, we would be a lot like this other team was over the last few years, ALLAS!!!!

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Yes. I fully expect to see Kenny Thomas in a Spurs uniform by next season.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-19-2005, 11:59 AM
More proof that there REALLY needs to be a "stupid topic" forum.

MiNuS
05-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Forget Duncan?

Duncan is playing like Chris Webb?

Not playing enough defense?

okay, enough! I am cheering for this team for some obvious reason, particularly: #21.

So, if you think Tim Duncan is no longer capable of bringing us to the finals and grab that 3rd trophy and shld get traded next season, I WANT TO KNOW.

I also want you to suggest a suitable replacement. Who you think is better than a Tim Duncan who can play alongside Manu.

I know there ARE lot of teams who wants his services(New York,Cleveland, Philadelphia, Orlando...etc.),

so, what do you think? Trade him? for whom?

Speak!

HOW VALUABLE IS OXYGEN TO YOUR BRAIN?

milkyway21
05-19-2005, 08:22 PM
HOW VALUABLE IS OXYGEN TO YOUR BRAIN...
are you asking me if Duncan is valuable to me?

so valuable
*i'm taking his #21 number as my username?

*so valuable i get pissed off when fans bashed him i had ENOUGH REASON for me to start a "stupid" topic like this?

*so valuable i'm WILLING to dare the San Antonio Spurs fans to come out and SPEAK if Duncan is still needed and RESPECTED in San Antonio?

*so valuable I AM WILLING to change teams when Duncan get traded?

SO VALUABLE I CAN CALL YOU :idiot FOR ASKING ME A STUPID QUESTION LIKE THAT?Hey take note of my #(21)

Hello! :cuss :cuss

milkyway21
05-19-2005, 08:47 PM
there you have it guys.

you are my witness. Angry or not because i started a topic like this, i don't really care. I just want how Duncan stands in the hearts of San Antonio Spurs fans. There's nothing wrong with that.

I got what i wanted to know. 94% want him here. Only 6 people want him out for some Wallaces:rolleyes, Paul Pierce:lol.

So, for those people (6 of them), who wanted Duncan out bec. they think he is no longer capable of bringing us what we want, no longer have that "MVP form" he used to have, or there are other better players in the NBA who can replace him, I AM SO SORRY, YOU LOST:cry

Because the 94% have spoken, "WE WANT DUNCAN". we want him to play in San Antonio alongside Manu & TP.

So, the next time Duncan has those "off nights", take it easy, mellow the whinings & bashings. The Spurs are in the playoffs, the BIG 3 are healthy. And it won't get you anywhere, he's stuck in Texas.

for those who voted and bashed me for starting this topic, thank you for your time....See yah!

Go Spurs!

Experiment2100
05-19-2005, 08:57 PM
Tim Duncan for Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, and Brian Grant. How can we lose?

dbreiden83080
05-19-2005, 08:58 PM
I am relatively new to this board but i never thought in a million years that anyone would be trashing Duncan this is absurd. The best player on maybe the best team is getting crap from his teams own so called fans. Tim gets enough crap from the media because he is a quiet nice guy and they like loud and controversial. He should at least be defended amonst what is supposed to be his own fan base anyone in here who thinks Duncan should be traded or is not the best player here is simply not a true spurs fan period.

milkyway21
05-19-2005, 09:03 PM
Tim Duncan for Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, and Brian Grant. How can we lose?..:lmao

don't fool me Experiment2100. i know you're NOT an idiot to suggest anything like that.

or are you? :D :D :D

Experiment2100
05-19-2005, 09:05 PM
..lmao

don't fool me Experiment2100. i know you're NOT an idiot to suggest anything like that.

or are you? :D :D :D

I know what you are thinking, but the salaries do match up, so we don't have to worry about that.

milkyway21
05-19-2005, 09:09 PM
I know what you are thinking, but the salaries do match up, so we don't have to worry about that.are you serious?

:huh

Experiment2100
05-19-2005, 09:11 PM
are you serious?

:huh

No

milkyway21
05-19-2005, 09:21 PM
No:lol.

ducks
05-20-2005, 12:09 AM
6 votes :spin

ZStomp
05-20-2005, 12:14 AM
Why can't we click on the # of votes to see who voted 'yes'?

Dre_7
05-20-2005, 12:19 AM
If Timmy had been seriously hurt, those 6 people would really have to rethink how valuable Timmy really is!

milkyway21
05-20-2005, 12:51 AM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/52819751BB022_Sonics_Spurs051802_lower.jpg

CONGRATS, SPURS!

SpursFanDan
05-20-2005, 12:53 AM
Timmy will be a spurs for life... hes by far the most valuable player on our team.. thats obvious after the heart and determination he put forth tonight. AND WHATS THE DEAL WITH THE SONIC FANS BOOING AFTER TIM HURT HIS ANKLE?.. CLASSLESS BASTARDS.

gregpschneid
05-20-2005, 01:01 AM
Duncan= role player
Manu=MVP

milkyway21
05-20-2005, 01:18 AM
Duncan= role player
Manu=MVP:huh

TIM DUNCAN-MVP
Reason: doing BOTH offensive & defensive plays
of the team.
CAPTAIN OF THE TEAM